• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

I will admit it hurt the first time, but you get used to it.

How often do you thread your eyebrows? The lady said every two weeks.

K.

Your gender? Female
Your sexual orientation? heteroromantic homosexual???????????
Where Are You From? LA area
Where Do You Live? Berkeley, where I go to school.
How Old Are you? 20.
Favorite Type of Music? Electropop or just electronic in general. Ellie Goulding and Blackmill are my two favorite artists.
Profession or Career interest? Software...I've been kind of dreaming about getting really involved in some kind of graphics rendering software, but I find coding so boring... :( Right now I'm doing astronomy research.
Favorite video game(s)? I really like the Tales series. Aside from those, VN-style games? I also play a lot of Blazblue with my friends, and when I was younger I really liked Diablo II and Jak & Daxter.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I really enjoy drawing. I also like stories. Lately I've been reading a lot of manga because it's pretty fast and something I can pick up fast, but when I get more time to myself I'd like to read more books and watch more movies.

I'd be lying if I didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable identifying as this but I'll try using it now in lieu of my usual hetero/bisexual.

Thank you guys, you're so welcoming :>

Hi Droplet!

Welcome to the thread!! :)

Coding can be boring but after hours pf trying tp figure out what's wrong with your code, finding the problem, fixing it and then running your code, finally it works! It's a very rewarding experience.

Meicyn

Gold Member
...Doesn't FFXIV have same-sex marriage? Weird for them to retreat into euphemism after allowing that, but I guess making marriage available to players might not necessarily mean they're comfortable with openly writing same-sex couples. Regardless, it's good that they're actually writing non-heterosexual NPCs - shame XV won't have anything similar.
It's not a retreat at all. The game is full of euphemisms and double entenderes. One NPC's name is Hunberct Longhaft, the captain of a unit in the Immortal Flames that guards an important bridge. This is a for-real lineup of dialogue that he says in the game:

"My unit is not unlike a machine. Each part interlocking, and running best when well oiled... if you know what I mean. If you're looking to join, well, then I'm afraid I must disappoint. Another hand on the lever is the last thing I need."

There are a lot of references to same-sex stuff in FFXIV. Much of it is from the chat bubbles that pop up when you walk near NPCs in various locations. Example:

MeEI9vx.png

...and for those of you who haven't played it, this is Raubahn:

K0flOrN.png

I think that bit of dialogue relates to something explored in more detail in another quest line so it might vague in an anti-spoiler way.

you guys time traveling back to janurary?

also Square's MMO's are half Japan society backwards and 4/10ths progressive and 11/10ths get them dam tarutaru's out my game!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, thanks so much for all the info! I'll see if I can find something entertaining to do down here, lol. I've been down to Gainesville quite a bit because it's where my brother lives, but generally, it's only been for a few days here and there (holidays and such), so I didn't have much of a need for exploring the city or finding something interesting to do. But a week is a long time and I have no idea what I'll try to pass the time with now especially because they have to work some next week. I guess the baby will keep me occupied somewhat, but maybe I can do something more entertaining at night. Thanks again. :)

There's also the Harn Museum of Art (near UF) and the Science Museum that currently has "a T-rex Named Sue" on display until September. If you haven't been to that exhibit (the T-rex) try to go?

There is also this in Newberry which is the only 3D Flourescent Art Museum in the country. I've been needing to go to Newberry to check it out, but... driving and all that.

DOWN

Banned
There's also the Harn Museum of Art (near UF) and the Science Museum that currently has "a T-rex Named Sue" on display until September. If you haven't been to that exhibit (the T-rex) try to go?

There is also this in Newberry which is the only 3D Flourescent Art Museum in the country. I've been needing to go to Newberry to check it out, but... driving and all that.
Wait, they moved the whole T-Rex there? Saw it way back in Chicago.
good song
Yeah, I'm not usually into Kelly Clarkson stuff until I hear it a bunch on radio but it caught my ear.

Yeah, Sue is a mainstay here in Chicago. I saw her when I was a kid and just recently went to the Science and Industry Museum in the summer/fall to see her again. Her exhibit in Florida is just a cast of the actual skull/body that is located here at the Science and Industry Museum, I believe.

Golnei

Apparently one of the vendors for one of the limited time events was openly lesbian as well.
It's not a retreat at all. The game is full of euphemisms and double entenderes.
There is at least one. The quest to unlock one of the dungeons features a gay male couple.

I haven't played XIV, so it's good to hear they've been doing a reasonable job of representation for a JRPG; from that and a couple of other excerpts I've seen, the translation is also notably less stilted than some of S-E's other recent internal efforts. Though that might also have more to do with not having to work with the excretions of Toriyama...

Son Of D

This post sums up another thing with that.

*Sigh* An homophobic contact in Facebook is using this saying that there are even gays that oppose to gay marriage and other things.

SMH, I can't believe they gave ammo to those jerks.

You're going to see more homophobic people using this as an example that gays don't want to adopt and raise a kid as well as get married.

red13th

yeah my christian, republican cousin form the USA shared on Facebook some post from a blog praising them for being gays against gay marriage. shitheads. I hate them.

DOWN

Banned
And here I was just thinking Dolce & Gabanna were no more off-putting than any other tax evading billionaire prison gays.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, Sue is a mainstay here in Chicago. I saw her when I was a kid and just recently went to the Science and Industry Museum in the summer/fall to see her again. Her exhibit in Florida is just a cast of the actual skull/body that is located here at the Science and Industry Museum, I believe.

I don't think it's a replica. At least the UF news article thing about it wasn't.
I still need to go, but I'm trying to wait for the summer so there's less UF kids around and traffic won't be as bad. *knock on wood*

DOWN

Banned
Thanks HBO's Girls. Can't date someone with a pet now 'cause I don't want to ever feel guilted into paying for a cat's dialysis.

DOWN

Banned
I watched Whiplash tonight and it was really good, but I also admit that the go-to insults being homophobic ones made it uncomfortable to be watching with my parents at times.

WonderzL

Banned
I watched Whiplash tonight and it was really good, but I also admit that the go-to insults being homophobic ones made it uncomfortable to be watching with my parents at times.

Yeah, I always feel unconfortable when I watch something with my mother and there's this homophobic slur/scene and she finds it funny/exciting. I watched Whiplash alone, though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yes, but also it hasn't been mentioned since really.

how did they react to the slurs

Yeah, I always feel unconfortable when I watch something with my mother and there's this homophobic slur/scene and she finds it funny/exciting.

lmao

I can't hate on it. Sure, it's not "high art" music, but...it's catchy. :p BLESS YOURSELF AND GENUFLECT.

ive only heard like three madonna songs before

vogue
like a virgin
and, it's britney bitch i am madonna you bitch

GCX

Had sex with 3 different guys in 24 hours and all of them are dating someone else.

Does that make me a whore?
Having sex 3 times a day seems like an awfully daunting task to me in itself. But with 3 different dating guys? I find it mindblowing that's somehow even remotely possible.

Symphonia

Banned
Having sex 3 times a day seems like an awfully daunting task to me in itself. But with 3 different dating guys? I find it mindblowing that's somehow even remotely possible.
As someone who has had sex with multiple people in the space of 24 hours, I can confirm it IS possible, but extremely tiring and draining. Your balls tend to ache after, too.

scarlet

I know, it's new for me too, 2 in the morning, 1 midnight.

I was travelling tho, and my last one in the middle of sex I asked him "Are you dating?" he said yes, and exclusive. And I told him, "what's wrong with me? I keep sleeping with someone's boyfriend."

So anyone here listening to Rebel Heart? I...kind of can't stop listening to Holy Water. (And I can't un-hear "Whole Iwata")

The entire album is great. I know Madonna gets a lot of shit for being an aging pop star, but her work on Rebel Heart is her best in years. Holy Water is one of the best songs on the ablum, Kanye produced that track as well.

Dany

Banned
Had sex with 3 different guys in 24 hours and all of them are dating someone else.

Does that make me a whore?

Did you know they were dating other people when you had sex with them all? You're okay with that?

I know, it's new for me too, 2 in the morning, 1 midnight.

I was travelling tho, and my last one in the middle of sex I asked him "Are you dating?" he said yes, and exclusive. And I told him, "what's wrong with me? I keep sleeping with someone's boyfriend."
What a scumbag. :/

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom