• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

LZsxZEG.jpg

Why do you people only post these sorts of things after I've already made my mess?

The correct answer is that I'm a chronic masturbator but quiet you.

Symphonia

Banned
Awww, what happened?
As stupid as this sounds, it got too overwhelming. On the site I was using, I was getting 30-40 messages a day from guys, girls, and couples. One or two I can handle, but 30? Nah. I may go back when I figure out how to handle the pressure of people gagging for my cock.

As stupid as this sounds, it got too overwhelming. On the site I was using, I was getting 30-40 messages a day from guys, girls, and couples. One or two I can handle, but 30? Nah. I may go back when I figure out how to handle the pressure of people gagging for my cock.

That sounds like quite the burden.

daripad

I wish that was my case.

Going to try Grindr again but now I'll be more courageous and put a face pic of mine and talk to the guys I find cute/out of my league (I hope I don't get my self steem destroyed)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i hate it when people ask me to tell them a story. like, a hilarious anecdote "this one time, at band camp" kind of things. i got nothin bruh. even worse if they ask in a room full of people and everyone pauses to listen

i hate it when people ask me to tell them a story. like, a hilarious anecdote "this one time, at band camp" kind of things. i got nothin bruh. even worse if they ask in a room full of people and everyone pauses to listen

But in telling us this, you now have an anecdote to tell other people :p

Xaltheron

Going to try Grindr again but now I'll be more courageous and put a face pic of mine and talk to the guys I find cute/out of my league (I hope I don't get my self steem destroyed)

Isn't Grindr mainly for hookups? You're a braver man than I am, that's for sure.

Gonna try OKC myself and see how that goes, I'm too shy for anything else >.<

Kevyt

Your mind powers won't work on me.

I'm confuzzled.

Isn't Grindr mainly for hookups? You're a braver man than I am, that's for sure.

Y'all are braver than me. I was thinking of doing online dating but I'm too scared. Scared of being judged by how I look rather than the content of my character. I know physical attraction is important but there's something about putting your face out there and people making judgments and decisions based on that. But we do that all the time, which is fine. But the whole process seems intimidating.

daripad

I know, but OKC is empty around here and Grindr is the only option available. Most guys are looking for sex but there are at least 5 guys who seem decent just going by their profiles and I'll try to see what I can get from them.

The guy I gave my number to yesterday is acting really weird...
I texted him yesterday at like 6-7 pm. He answered around 9, we talked a bit, he asked if I had plans, I said no and asked him if he wanted to have dinner. He told me to give him 20 minutes to confirm.

More than an hour passes by so I wrote again, just telling him that I was going to cook something. He apologized and told me that he was really far away and that we could go have breakfast today and maybe go watch a movie. I said "great" and asked him what time does he get up just to have a time frame. He said he'd go to the gym at 8, leave at 10 so we could meet around 11 AM.

So I wake up today, nothing new from him, text him at 10:52 to double check. He gets back to me at 11:37 saying he just got home, that his friend crashed his car (his friend's car). He told me he was going to take a shower and let me know when he's ready. It's 2:31 PM right now, nearly 3 hours later and nothing from him. What's wrong with people?

I'm calling it: he has a boyfriend and just wants someone to fuck on the side.

Xaltheron

Y'all are braver than me. I was thinking of doing online dating but I'm too scared. Scared of being judged by how I look rather than the content of my character. I know physical attraction is important but there's something about putting your face out there and people making judgments and decisions based on that. But we do that all the time, which is fine. But the whole process seems intimidating.

I know what you mean, trying to find a profile picture that I'm even remotely happy with is going to be bloody difficult. But they way I look at it, if someone messages you, you already know that they must like something about you, or they wouldn't be contacting you, so that already makes it easier.
And if you're the one messaging someone and they don't reply, well, being rejected anonymously is far easier to handle than being rejected face-to-face.
That's how I see it anyway, obviously online dating isn't for everyone though, some people find it much simpler to talk to others in person rather than going through this online lark.

I know, but OKC is empty around here and Grindr is the only option available. Most guys are looking for sex but there are at least 5 guys who seem decent just going by their profiles and I'll try to see what I can get from them.

Are there really no other reputable dating sites around there? OKC is the biggest one but there are usually quite a few others if you look around.

Good luck in any case, hope it turns out well for you ;)

daripad

Are there really no other reputable dating sites around there? OKC is the biggest one but there are usually quite a few others if you look around.

For gay people? No. The other dating/hook up apps have the same people that are on Grindr, if not less. I really don't have options for meeting people online :(

Thanks and good luck to you too :)

DOWN

Banned
Excited for the 2016 Olympics because I get a really good laugh when I hear Ryan Lochte speak

That stumped look lmao

MaverickAlston.jpg

I hope he's stealth genius

Kevyt

The guy I gave my number to yesterday is acting really weird...
I texted him yesterday at like 6-7 pm. He answered around 9, we talked a bit, he asked if I had plans, I said no and asked him if he wanted to have dinner. He told me to give him 20 minutes to confirm.

More than an hour passes by so I wrote again, just telling him that I was going to cook something. He apologized and told me that he was really far away and that we could go have breakfast today and maybe go watch a movie. I said "great" and asked him what time does he get up just to have a time frame. He said he'd go to the gym at 8, leave at 10 so we could meet around 11 AM.

So I wake up today, nothing new from him, text him at 10:52 to double check. He gets back to me at 11:37 saying he just got home, that his friend crashed his car (his friend's car). He told me he was going to take a shower and let me know when he's ready. It's 2:31 PM right now, nearly 3 hours later and nothing from him. What's wrong with people?

I'm calling it: he has a boyfriend and just wants someone to fuck on the side.

I had something similar happen to me. I exchanged digits with a guy a few days ago, and I started texting him. He replied fast vut then he would take forever to text back. I asked him that we should go out for a coffee at a Starbucks or something like that. He said yeah but at the last minute something would come up and he would be unable to meet me... I found out this week that he has a boyfriend.

Did you exchange numbers on the premise of going on a date? Thats shit also :/
Don't know if you were asking me but yes, I approached him after he sort of gave me a sign, we talked for a few minutes and then he asked me if I had plans, that we could go for dinner later. Then he asked for my number and I asked him his.

I seriously don't understand why he just leaves me hanging, he was the one who proposed having breakfast and watching a movie today. If for some reason you can't make it just say so.

esms

what was it like

was the no sexcapades decision yours or your wifes or was it mutual

We were both down. The other couple wasn't in the area. The opportunity will present itself eventually. I'm in no rush.

And I got to learn what attracts my GF sexually to other women. So, that was cool.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And I got to learn what attracts my GF sexually to other women. So, that was cool.

what attracts your gf sexually to other women?

Don't know if you were asking me but yes, I approached him after he sort of gave me a sign, we talked for a few minutes and then he asked me if I had plans, that we could go for dinner later. Then he asked for my number and I asked him his.

I seriously don't understand why he just leaves me hanging, he was the one who proposed having breakfast and watching a movie today. If for some reason you can't make it just say so.

just go meet up with that restaurant dude who likes you

just go meet up with that restaurant dude who likes you
I don't know, right now I feel a lot like when I broke up with my first boyfriend: I have this (seemingly) amazing guy who loves me in my life, yet I'm upset about some random guy dumping me. (That time it wasn't a random guy, it was a friend who also had a boyfriend).

Still I don't regret that decision.

I think I'd rather just be alone at the moment,

Kevyt

Did you exchange numbers on the premise of going on a date? Thats shit also :/

Because we talked but we had to go our own ways eventually (go to class). However we had agreed to go somewhere to continue talking when we exchanged numbers. We talked about random things since I was the one that approached him first. I texted him, he texted back, yada yada, blah blah, and I told him we should meet somewhere as we had agreed. He said yes but at the last minute he would say he wouldn't be able to make it. I would try to see him after class but he would always say he was busy for the rest of the day or that he already had plans. Then this past Thursday I found out the guy had a boyfriend. Maybe that's why he was reluctant to go somewhere.

I just thought this was somewhat similar to VICTORSaurio's.

mantidor

He can label himself however he pleases. It's very possible this could be like single target sexuality, he finds this girl attractive but is hardly ready to start dating girls on the regular too.

Besides I know and I'm sure you do too tons of gays guys who slept with many women before coming out as gay. They don't think of themselves as bi.

Everyone labels themselves as they please, even some married straight men go to gay clubs to get into casual sex and they would never label themselves as gay, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation :p

Kevyt

I know what you mean, trying to find a profile picture that I'm even remotely happy with is going to be bloody difficult. But they way I look at it, if someone messages you, you already know that they must like something about you, or they wouldn't be contacting you, so that already makes it easier.
And if you're the one messaging someone and they don't reply, well, being rejected anonymously is far easier to handle than being rejected face-to-face.
That's how I see it anyway, obviously online dating isn't for everyone though, some people find it much simpler to talk to others in person rather than going through this online lark.

Yes I think in many instances online dating is easier than going to the person and doing it the "old-school" way. But who knows maybe I'll give OKC a try.

Best of luck to you young lad :)

No sexcapades this time. Who knows what the future holds, though.

Ah well, as long as you had a great time.

Sounds about right. Women seem more interested on average in personality than looks. Men are mostly the reverse.

This is something that I've always suspected. Men seem to care more about looks than personality on average than women.

esms

Sounds about right. Women seem more interested on average in personality than looks. Men are mostly the reverse.

I would agree. I just found it interesting that that's what a self-identified straight person would look for in a same sex sexual/relationship partner.

Ah well, as long as you had a great time.

A week of relaxation, good food and good drink. I couldn't be happier haha.

Ty4on

I would agree. I just found it interesting that that's what a self-identified straight person would look for in a same sex sexual/relationship partner.
I think that's the more likely reason, but it's probably just me applying my perspective onto others people's thoughts.
Have you asked her the same about men?
And what about you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom