• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello boys and girls, I have a question: Do you all have a preference for a type of perfume (brand), and what are your thoughts on the inexpensive but often overused body sprays like Axe and Old Spice?

For me I really don't have a favorite brand for a specific perfume. I prefer to just buy and use Axe over any type of perfume/cologne. I know Axe isn't a perfume but I like it, lol. I know some people hate it, but I really don't see why that's the case. Yet I figured that if I was going on a date, then perhaps it would be better to put something else on.

So, any preferences? Or is this something you don't really care about?

I've never been particularly into that kind of things, though my dad used to give me cologne as a gift every now and then which I end up using when I'm going out. The last one they gave me was Paris Hilton's Just Me which I liked and got lots of compliments so I ended up buying a bottle of perfume for the first time after I finished it. I read it kind of smells like Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gio.

I don't like the more agressive/strong scents. When someone has a very strong perfume smell it can be a turn off for me.

mantidor

Hello boys and girls, I have a question: Do you all have a preference for a type of perfume (brand), and what are your thoughts on the inexpensive but often overused body sprays like Axe and Old Spice?

For me I really don't have a favorite brand for a specific perfume. I prefer to just buy and use Axe over any type of perfume/cologne. I know Axe isn't a perfume but I like it, lol. I know some people hate it, but I really don't see why that's the case. Yet I figured that if I was going on a date, then perhaps it would be better to put something else on.

Dior's Fahrenheit since I have memory. It's glorious.

I'm a fanboy, but really is a very nice perfume, not too strong not too mild, and also not very common, but known enough to be recognized from time to time.

Bladenic

Yeah I understand what you mean. I don't like fashion or fancy clothes. I just put on whatever I can find when I'm rushing in the morning. I don't have a sense of style. According to stereotypes gay men have a great sense of fashion and style yet that's not true for everyone.

I need to check the name of what I've been using (I think it's Sunshine or something like that but it was a new cologne when I bought it last summer) but I've gotten tons of compliments on smelling good from plenty of girls and guys. So that's what I always wear currently after a shower.

As for body sprays, I auto associate them with being a teenager. Dunno, just do.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
You're not the only one. All of my teachers were either women or 50/60 year old men.

Same. Do I get bonus points for having gone to two separate schools, each with a principal who was discovered to be a pedophile?

As for body sprays, I auto associate them with being a teenager. Dunno, just do.

Yeah, teen or frat guy generally. I think my favorite colognes have been from Canali and Chopard, and my bf's D&G Light Blue is pretty nice for this time of year.

YoAGvkr.jpg

I've always wanted paisley hubcaps

Dont we all?

Ah. Doesn't sound like my kind of thing mostly due to very few people having the same musical tastes as me.

I mean with enough people you play one song every now and then. And if everyone else dislikes it they can vote to skip. Or just mute it for the time being. It's still pretty great,

You know it's been interesting to look back and noticing the evolution of lesbian signals. From the old stereotypical plaid to the 3+ stars tattoo to the T-shirt cut up the sides.
I'm jealous that as a heterosexual male mine is only society

Gay marriage has finally reached Japanese shores. The Shibuya city government just passed a resolution that grants same-sex partnerships marriage equivalency. This starts tomorrow I believe! There's a long way to go before recognition at the national level but we've toppled the first domino. Neighbouring municipalities are going to follow suit in the coming months.

Razmos

As Governor Mike Pence signed Indiana's 'religious freedom' law on Thursday (26 March), an even worse bill passed its first reading in North Carolina.

The NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act, introduced last week in both the House and Senate, says the state 'shall not burden a person’s right to exercise of religion, even if the burden results from a rule of general applicability.'

The proposed law would allow individuals, businesses and organizations to ignore laws that violate their religious beliefs — including current or future anti-discrimination laws – and even let hospitals turn away LGBTI people.
Source

:/
wut r u doin America

Kangi

Source

:/
wut r u doin America

Thankfully, the governor there seems to be against such measures. Pretty amazing that people are even trying this now that the full backlash against Indiana has been witnessed. I mean, businesses are pulling out and the freakin' governor of Washington state has banned official travel to Indiana. This is the front page of an Indianapolis newspaper today:

The entire state's in full-blown crisis mode to try to preserve whatever shred of dignity they have left after enacting such a law. And there are actually more Republicans looking at this debacle and saying, "Yeah, I want a piece of that pie."

Gay marriage has finally reached Japanese shores. The Shibuya city government just passed a resolution that grants same-sex partnerships marriage equivalency. This starts tomorrow I believe! There's a long way to go before recognition at the national level but we've toppled the first domino. Neighbouring municipalities are going to follow suit in the coming months.

Thats amazing.

Kevyt

Beautiful day here today. The weather is getting better. Happy Tuesday y'all!

I've never been particularly into that kind of things, though my dad used to give me cologne as a gift every now and then which I end up using when I'm going out. The last one they gave me was Paris Hilton's Just Me which I liked and got lots of compliments so I ended up buying a bottle of perfume for the first time after I finished it. I read it kind of smells like Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gio.

I don't like the more agressive/strong scents. When someone has a very strong perfume smell it can be a turn off for me.

Dior's Fahrenheit since I have memory. It's glorious.

I'm a fanboy, but really is a very nice perfume, not too strong not too mild, and also not very common, but known enough to be recognized from time to time.

I need to check the name of what I've been using (I think it's Sunshine or something like that but it was a new cologne when I bought it last summer) but I've gotten tons of compliments on smelling good from plenty of girls and guys. So that's what I always wear currently after a shower.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll look into them. It's time to do away with the axe, lol.

lqt1JsW.jpg

My kind of guy

That's a big restroom.

mine got married and had kids. he was a straight out of college student teaching chemistry. i walked in on him taking a pee one year. and did a 360 and left.

You were disappointed?

Nohar

So, kinda met someone, though I'm still not sure where this will go. He is kinda out of a long-term relationship, which is both a good and a bad thing. I want to contact him but I've been quite busy these last few days (minor health issue). Nothing happened yet, we didn't really have the occasion to spend some time together in private. He really seems to be a very nice guy (and cute on top of that), and I'm kinda afraid I'm gonna screw things up, either by waiting too long or by wanting to rush things (don't really want to appear as slutty, and it has been a while since I've actually "dated" anyone - and, frankly, my past experiences didn't really prepare me to normal and healthy relationships, which is why I tried my best to avoid meeting someone for a long time). And now a friend is telling me that one of her gay friend seems to be interested in me (it seems that while I was busy not meeting anyone and studying for my exams she actually went out of her way to find me someone).

So, aside from doing abs everyday now, trying to look smoking hot (really shouldn't have stopped going to the gym), any advices?

So, kinda met someone, though I'm still not sure where this will go. He is kinda out of a long-term relationship, which is both a good and a bad thing. I want to contact him but I've been quite busy these last few days (minor health issue). Nothing happened yet, we didn't really have the occasion to spend some time together in private. He really seems to be a very nice guy (and cute on top of that), and I'm kinda afraid I'm gonna screw things up, either by waiting too long or by wanting to rush things (don't really want to appear as slutty, and it has been a while since I've actually "dated" anyone - and, frankly, my past experiences didn't really prepare me to normal and healthy relationships, which is why I tried my best to avoid meeting someone for a long time). And now a friend is telling me that one of her gay friend seems to be interested in me (it seems that while I was busy not meeting anyone and studying for my exams she actually went out of her way to find me someone).

So, aside from doing abs everyday now, trying to look smoking hot (really shouldn't have stopped going to the gym), any advices?

Don't make anyone a priority when you're only an option to them. See where this guy your friend found is about. You don't have to marry the guy but theres no harm in going on a date or two. After a couple weeks see if you're into this guy and take it from there. If you're not then see what that other guy is up to.

Kevyt

The cologne I use occasionally is Cool Water by Davidoff. Very nice and spring/summery :)

I'll look for that one.

Hmmmm...

Showmethereceipts.gif :p

serge lutens uber alles. iris silver mist, de profundis, arabie, chergui, i could go on...

I thought you were replying to me in Latin or something like that. Took me a while to figure out it was names of perfumes/colognes. lol.

Symphonia

Banned
Donc, après la suppression de mon profil de swinger, je ai décidé de réinstaller Amadou pas après vérification d'un mois. Je ai eu deux matches. Deux! Alors maintenant, je vais essayer d'apprendre une nouvelle langue pour me faire semble plus intéressant. Ça va mal.

mantidor

Brick Bible author came out as trans! This would be no surprise to anyone following her Facebook. What did come as a surprise was the amount of christians who follow the Brick Bible in a non ironic way... I was baffled. Like, you chose to ilustrate stories like this one guy in the old testament who cut the foreskins of a whole town, graphically depicted in glorious Lego form, and people thought she was religious for real? Are they so fanatic about their book they fail to realize how insane it is? It was rather shocking she got more shit for being an atheist than for being trans.

i went to the gym yesterday and i just stared at cocks through their shorts. i'll be going there tonight again and all week. yes thank u blessed men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom