• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
koffed so hard last night i think i gave myself a hernia

EJh122i.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

You really never heard of it? Huh, thought it was a widely known thing. :/

Ohhhh. Well, yes then. I probably am Pansexual. Although I still see little difference between it and Bisexuality. :c

And sorry. This country's especially homophobic, so I guess actually knowing about all the sexualities is rare around here.

I take that to mean that he'd like to have sex with every sexual orientation all at once. Of course we've only conquered 7 letters so far but the hope is to get Masquerader in bed with all 26

EDIT: Damn it Bayo, quoting me before my slightly superior edit. lol

It's a longtime aspiration of mine, really. Diversify, yes~?

1. Arnaldo
  2. Bernard
  3. Carlos
  4. Dean
  5. Emil
  6. Fernando
  7. George
  8. Hector
  9. Ivan
  10. John
  11. Kevin
  12. Leo
  13. Michael
  14. Noah
  15. Orlando
  16. Pedro
  17. Quade
  18. Rafael
  19. Samuel
  20. Theodore
  21. Urkel
  22. Victor
  23. Waldemar
  24. Xavier
  25. Yamil
  26. Zordon

What a pain was to come up with some names tbh

Also, there's really only one choice for 24.
Thanks prOfessor.

Lucario

I don't really have the emotional wherewithal to be in a relationship tbh. I have enough difficulty regulating my own moods let alone a meaningful level of interpersonal intimacy.

I'm sorry if I completely misread your situation, but this is the exact state of mind I was in two years ago, and it was self-destructive nonsense.

You're judging yourself far more harshly than you'd judge other people in the same situation.

Think about how you'd perceive a bipolar person saying the exact thing you just did; would you come to the conclusion that they just "don't have the emotional stability to be in a relationship?" Of course not, because you're a good person. You realize that everyone deserves to find love despite their flaws, you just aren't applying that lesson to yourself.

People love spouting platitudes like "you have to love yourself before you can love others." While there's clearly some merit to improving yourself before you get into a relationship, that phrase (and the attitude surrounding it) can convince depressed people that they aren't worthy of another person's love, and get them tied up in imaginary problems.

No human being is fully in control of their emotions, and everyone is flawed, yet we've still been screwing each other's brains out for 200,000 years. Trust me, you're fine.

I'm sorry if I completely misread your situation, but this is the exact state of mind I was in two years ago, and it was self-destructive nonsense.

You're judging yourself far more harshly than you'd judge other people in the same situation.

Think about how you'd perceive a bipolar person saying the exact thing you just did; would you come to the conclusion that they just "don't have the emotional stability to be in a relationship?" Of course not, because you're a good person. You realize that everyone deserves to find love despite their flaws, you just aren't applying that lesson to yourself.

People love spouting platitudes like "you have to love yourself before you can love others." While there's clearly some merit to improving yourself before you get into a relationship, that phrase (and the attitude surrounding it) can convince depressed people that they aren't worthy of another person's love, and get them tied up in imaginary problems.

No human being is fully in control of their emotions, and everyone is flawed, yet we've still been screwing each other's brains out for 200,000 years. Trust me, you're fine.

You're right, thanks.

I don't think this is all together that different from what you said, but my preferences about it are a little confusing. Like normally I'm a pretty solitary person and when I do experience romantic interest it's in very rapid flux which gives me the impression that these feelings are unreliable. If left on my own I'll naturally hedge my bets, and have it confirmed to me that I didn't feel that strongly about it after all when I don't feel like the decision was regrettable. Though I probably never let it get to the point where I was so invested that I might actually regret anything.

I'll have periods where I feel really emotionally present and then I'll naturally prioritize social relationships, and then the idea appeals to me, but it's really transient and then my interests will shift and relationships start to feel invasive. I'm constantly trying to adjust my level of intimacy with and separation from people and my habitual preoccupations have me more often preferring the latter. It's hard to tell which my actual preference is since both seem genuine, but just different and contradictory. It's like I would sort of have to have my mind changed in advance to not have conflicting desires. I'm sure that's possible though, like I could see that resolving itself if I just cared enough to overwhelm my own reluctance or desire to maintain imaginary boundaries. It just seems really tentative, like I tend to do the 'hot and cold' thing a lot, but it's not intentional and it just sort of happens, and if I knowingly subjected someone to that while I felt I definitely 'knew better' it would feel like a kind of moral failure.

What about Xander?
Or Xion?
Or Xylon?
Or Xemnas?

Or Xylophone.

I once coughed so harshly that I broke blood vessels in both eyes. It looked like this. I went into work to tell my boss I was sick and he was yike, "Ooookay, I believe you!" XD

It was even more gross when the blood got old and turned brown, and then yellow, before finally dissipating.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a sign of you actually being a Sith Lord. :c

DOWN

Banned
confession: I had the McDonald's Big Breakfast + Hotcakes platter and another Iced Mocha this morning.

tumblr_inline_ni8wjsaTZx1qjk6pl.gif

DOWN

Banned
Lol avatar quote?

No, I think I should get a pardon because I had an 8am meeting and was the only one on time which is out of character for me. 1. because I was on time and 2. because I'm normally falling asleep after 8am, like the yesterday I actually went to bed at 10am so I am so tired

Why be up before 8am and not having McDonald's breakfast?

tumblr_nefy72eo3M1r91foao1_1280.jpg

This...took me a second.

No, I think I should get a pardon because I had an 8am meeting and was the only one on time which is out of character for me. 1. because I was on time and 2. because I'm normally falling asleep after 8am, like the yesterday I actually went to bed at 10am so I am so tired

Why be up before 8am and not having McDonald's breakfast?

I don't have a rebuttal. :p

DOWN

Banned
what kind of privilege is it when you don't care about your internet history anymore?

read 'em and weep NSA and any friend who types a d in my web address bar, I'm a lone gay in the wilds of tumblr and college

Jezan

what kind of privilege is it when you don't care about your internet history anymore?

read 'em and weep NSA and any friend who types a d in my web address bar, I'm a lone gay in the wilds of tumblr and college
Probably gay computer privilege, I don't know.

Friend: can I use your computer?
Me: Yes, but you have to use IE, trust me it's for your own safety :)

mantidor

lol

btw speaking of douching, how do ya'll do it? face down/ass up? or?

Ok, I'm going to repeat myself here, isn't douching just not recommended at all? If you need douching there is something wrong, excessive douching can be absolutely awful for your digestive system as well, not to mention again the increased chance of getting STDs, if you are that worried take a good bath before, douching is meant for other purposes.

I seriously hope this isn't a popular thing :/

DOWN

Banned
Ok, I'm going to repeat myself here, isn't douching just not recommended at all? If you need douching there is something wrong, excessive douching can be absolutely awful for your digestive system as well, not to mention again the increased chance of getting STDs, if you are that worried take a good bath before, douching is meant for other purposes.

You are correct but it is also a popular thing

Yeah I've read that it can be bad for you if done regularly. (I think you also have to make sure the water you're using is sterile ...)

Anyway, it sounds like you should just be good to go so long as you're eating your fiber and showering.

Oh and to jump on the wagon, (though I think I might have answered already?) Single here as well.

I'm certain the Xylophone name was made just for alphabet training.
It's so conveniently spelled the same in most languages.

That's absolutely brilliant. I love how redundant yet cool the letter X is. They should teach it like...

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXylophoneYZ

Now I know my ABCs

I can't comprehend this

And my rhyming skills are also lacking

Ty4on

I don't know what this means
Press CTRL+SHFT+N. I guess it's Command on Mac.
That's absolutely brilliant. I love how redundant yet cool the letter X is. They should teach it like...

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXylophoneYZ

Now I know my ABCs

I can't comprehend this

And my rhyming skills are also lacking
Yeah, the X is cool without me really knowing why. I recently listened to someone talk about how Xiaomi (third largest smartphone maker in the world) was lucky to have a name that looked cool in English.
It is annoying though having to retrain my mind that in Chinese xi is shi
and shi is shuwwww.

daripad

A conversation with me?

-X
-Why?
-Because Y
-Why?
-Well, Z
-Why?

I always want to know more about what I've been told lol

Ty4on

I always want to know more about what I've been told lol
Mine are kinda opposite. I always wanna teach people cool stuff I've learned, but I do it way too often. It goes like this:
Do you know why X?
No?
Because Y!

They turn really awkward if the reply is yes, as if they weren't already. I dunno why I keep doing it because it makes me look even more arrogant than I already am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom