• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Who do you like? :) And Welcome! Nice selection of game favorites too :p

I listened to lots of stuff from Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans, Miles Davis obviously. Also found out about Jim Hall recently. Most of the time I listen to Jazz stations without knowing what exactly is playing, though :)

And thanks!

DOWN

Banned
How it feels trying to play Nintendo games these days

tumblr_nlqt6q2tEt1qcvimoo3_540.jpg

VegiHam

Hmm, what happened?
Been on a few dates with a guy I get on well with and would like to see again and am thinking about; but want to talk to him more rather than just make out more. Also had a casual hook up and, obviously, sex is fun. But if I had to choose right now between more random anonymous sex or another date with a cool guy, I'd rather have the date.

How it feels trying to play Nintendo games these days

Why exactly? Yeah, the aesthetic is a bit cartoony (I like the art style of most of their games personally), but the gameplay is still aces and better than most other supposed AAA games out there. Lots of polish and work goes into everything they do.

#Nintendofanboy

Related, I got Earthbound for free via Club Nintendo! I'm going to finish it this time.

I got it for free from Club Nintendo, too. Never did play it when I was younger. I've heard good things about it, but I don't know if I'll like it as much as others. I do love RPGs, but we'll see lol.

I listened to lots of stuff from Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans, Miles Davis obviously. Also found out about Jim Hall recently. Most of the times I listen to Jazz stations without knowing what exactly is playing, though :)

And thanks!

This is good, This is really GOOD! Lots of 1950-60 i see! :) I love those guys, along with Coltrane, John Hicks, Chick Corea, Vince Guaraldi, Chuck Mangione, Pharaoh Sanders to name only a few, and with that an extension to lots of 70s and 80s funk music lol

This is good, This is really GOOD! Lots of 1950-60 i see! :) I love those guys, along with Coltrane, John Hicks, Chick Corea, Vince Guaraldi, Chuck Mangione, Pharaoh Sanders to name only a few, and with that an extension to lots of 70s and 80s funk music lol

Shit, forgot about John Coltrane! And I'll make sure to check out some of the other ones you listed later.

Been on a few dates with a guy I get on well with and would like to see again and am thinking about; but want to talk to him more rather than just make out more. Also had a casual hook up and, obviously, sex is fun. But if I had to choose right now between more random anonymous sex or another date with a cool guy, I'd rather have the date.
Yeah,sounds like you're me, haha.
I don't really even want casual sex because I need to connect with someone before I'll enjoy it. Weird I know. :/

Xaltheron

Yeah,sounds like you're me, haha.
I don't really even want casual sex because I need to connect with someone before I'll enjoy it. Weird I know. :/

Yeah that's definately not weird, myself and plenty of other guys are in the same boat.
It doesn't necessarily have to be someone I'm madly in love with, but at the very least it needs to be someone I know and trust.

Been on a few dates with a guy I get on well with and would like to see again and am thinking about; but want to talk to him more rather than just make out more.

Is that the axe murderer guy? At least that seems to be going well ;)

It roughly translates to "folding kite", which is what German air force pilots jokingly use to refer to these birds:

The angle of the wings can be changed during flight, hence "folding" :)

Ah, that's pretty damn cool.

DOWN

Banned
Why exactly? Yeah, the aesthetic is a bit cartoony (I like the art style of most of their games personally), but the gameplay is still aces and better than most other supposed AAA games out there. Lots of polish and work goes into everything they do.

#Nintendofanboy

It all feels too light to me. Very much like children's cartoons. Popular brands and toys aren't enough to get me to latch on. I have had good, impressive experiences with style, gameplay, and writing in AAA games I play. The appeal of 2D Mario or Kirby or Mario Kart again is totally lost on me. I played them like anyone else did once upon a time as a youngster, and I feel like I have just moved on.

Also amiibo is a turn off word for me when said by a grown adult.

It all feels too light to me. Very much like children's cartoons. Popular brands and toys aren't enough to get me to latch on. I have had good, impressive experiences with style, gameplay, and writing in AAA games I play. The appeal of 2D Mario or Kirby or Mario Kart again is totally lost on me. I played them like anyone else did once upon a time as a youngster, and I feel like I have just moved on.

Aren't you the Mcdonalds maniac?

Grakl

You're so grown up.

RM8

Am I going backwards if I have outgrown AAA games then? :p

You would have to pay me to play shiny gameplay-less bloatware like most AAA releases these days.

The brightness of most Nintendo-developed games is what draws me to them, personally. It's not just that, either; their colorful palettes usually belie fiendish difficulty or extremely competitive aspects that are expanded upon if you play with others or, better yet, with friends via local play or voice chat (with third-party software because Nintendo's still bad about voice chat). Nintendo games are like a super sweet guy that turns out to be a savage in bed once you get to really know them.

I can't tell you how heated I get when playing Mario Kart 8, or how scared I am of playing Pokemon online. Smash Bros. online gets intense when you finally meet that one person that's equal in skill to you for 1v1s. There's really nothing quite like trying to outsmart each other with the tools you're given, and you're given plenty (not just talking Smash bros.).

Considering most AAA games have garbage writing (assuming you mean for voiced dialogue), you aren't getting more from them than you get with Nintendo, since Nintendo actually has style and gameplay in equal amounts, just in a different color palette and on weaker specs, which I think is your main problem with them, if your comments in the Mortal Kombat thread are anything to go by. As for writing, their localizations are some of the best. The Treehouse guys aren't loved for nothing.

Of course, Nintendo's not for everyone, that much is clear. Can't really change someone's point of view with just words. Have you played the Wii U extensively?

The last non-Nintendo AAA game I played was The Last of Us and I thought it was painfully generic, from the setting, drama, and writing. Gameplay was pretty average, so I was very surprised when people were calling it one of the best third-person shooter games. OF COURSE, just to offer some perspective, I think RE6 is the best third-person shooter game along with Vanquish and I've gone into detail about it before, so I won't do it here; I'm just saying I'm used to polarizing opinions when it comes to what people find fun.

Until something better comes along, I will defend RE6's gameplay till I die:

re6whopperslidekill383s9w.gif

(That's me playing as Leon and my friend is waaaaaay in the back).

Eh, I don't really care that much about Nintendo games. Sure, I'll play a Nintendo game if you put it in front of me but I'm not actively looking forward to the next amazing and life changing Nintendo experience or whatever

But again I'm barely ever on Gaming side these days and I barely ever play my PS3 anymore... the only games I play on a daily basis are mobile games like One Piece Treasure Cruise or FF Record Keeper.

:/

Crayons

Banned
Eh, I don't really care that much about Nintendo games. Sure, I'll play a Nintendo game if you put it in front of me but I'm not actively looking forward to the next amazing and life changing Nintendo experience or whatever

But again I'm barely ever on Gaming side these days and I barely ever play my PS3 anymore... the only games I play on a daily basis are mobile games like One Piece Treasure Cruise or FF Record Keeper.

:/

I feel pretty similar, the only games I actually look forward to nowadays are episodic games and Persona games.
And ZE3 believe

Bladenic

I don't care about games period these days. Just not into them at the moment. Which is why I have tons of unfinished games.

Amiibos creep me out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom