• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Well, I for my part look really forward to a couple of Nintendo games, mainly Splatoon. And I'm really curious about SMTxFE and Fire Emblem If.
I'm actually more excited for SMTxFE since I want more RPGs for my Wii U

Games are literally for nerds lmao
Nerds are the worst, yeah.

I love my nerdy fawks tho.

RM8

I'm playing Code Name STEAM and trying to figure out Shin Megami Tensei 1. And re-playing Demon's Souls. And I'm always playing SSB4 and USFIV. And Mortal Kombat X is almost released :[ Send help.

RM8

Isn't code name steam supposed to be a steaming pile of shit
I was going to say "maybe according to reviewers", but it has a Metascore of 72 so not even by those standards. And just today they patched the long enemy turns (the thing reviewers hated about it), so yeah.

daripad

I haven't bought a single game this year. I've been playing Mario Kart 8, Smash for WiiU and Hyrule Warriors on my WiiU and my 3DS has been Pokemon Omega Ruby, Shuffle and now Rumble World (yay f2p on consoles!). I definitely don't have plans to play another game, I just want to get better at those games and that's it for me this year.

DOWN

Banned
Guys, Hippie Hobo is okay, don't worry about him :)
Will he be back?

The brightness of most Nintendo-developed games is what draws me to them, personally. It's not just that, either; their colorful palettes usually belie fiendish difficulty or extremely competitive aspects...

Nintendo games are like a super sweet guy that turns out to be a savage in bed once you get to really know them.

Considering most AAA games have garbage writing (assuming you mean for voiced dialogue), you aren't getting more from them than you get with Nintendo, since Nintendo actually has style and gameplay in equal amounts, just in a different color palette and on weaker specs, which I think is your main problem with them, if your comments in the Mortal Kombat thread are anything to go by.

The last non-Nintendo AAA game I played was The Last of Us and I thought it was painfully generic

I think RE6 is the best third-person shooter game along with Vanquish

fwrmYGf.gif

You can't possibly have typed all these statements and think they could ever apply broadly in the large market where you'd find me and be taken as more than outlier opinions extreme outlier opinions. You are a demographer's hell.

scarlet

I'm one of those old men who doesn't have time to play games anymore.

I wanna buy PS4 for the Witcher and bloodborne, but pretty sure won't play a lot. And it would be another money wasted.

Edit: Only Fire Emblem: If, that makes me excited

mantidor

Will he be back?

fwrmYGf.gif

You can't possibly have typed all these statements and think they could ever apply broadly in the large market where you'd find me and be taken as more than outlier opinions extreme outlier opinions. You are a demographer's hell.

It would suck if I chose my games based on demographics, hopefully you are not like that.

Doesn't really mean anything tbh GAF has a lot of communities that keep you coming back even when you're not into games that much.

Sorry but no, you are on GAF, you have more than just a passing interest in videogames. Do you recognize names like Miyamoto or Peter Molyneux? then you are in the extreme of the bell curve of videogame fandom.

DOWN

Banned
It would suck if I chose my games based on demographics, hopefully you are not like that.

I am not even sure what you think that would look like as a practice, but I can easily acknowledge that I fit into a very mainstream demographic in buying preferences and I'm into the successful AAAs.

I love the equivalent of Oscar bait in gaming form. Give me that buzz of success, technical achievement, heavy drama, high production values, and brooding tones. Give. it. to. me.

Sorry but no, you are on GAF, you have more than just a passing interest in videogames. Do you recognize names like Miyamoto or Peter Molyneux? then you are in the extreme of the bell curve of videogame fandom.
I would not be on GAF if it weren't for community threads like this one or POPGAF. Yes, I had an interest in games that's fading away with each passing day. I'm also not denying that I had said interest in games, all I'm saying is that there are a lot of people like me who post on GAF and are not hardcore 6 hour long session all week long gamers.

I just did some due diligence on my new boss. It turns out he is gay and has a partner which is cool. i always wonder how careful i need to be at work and how much to share. Its not as if Im going to be shouting it from the rooftops but it means I dont have to worry about a hostile work environment when it comes to my being gay.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I just did some due diligence on my new boss. It turns out he is gay and has a partner which is cool. i always wonder how careful i need to be at work and how much to share. Its not as if Im going to be shouting it from the rooftops but it means I dont have to worry about a hostile work environment when it comes to my being gay.
My former boss was a lady who had a wife.

She talked about her wife a lot, so it was nice. :]

You don't have to feel obligated to say anything, of course.

Huh? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you should probably tone down how highly you think of yourself. I'm not talking in terms of demographics--and I have no idea where you got that from--I'm talking to you as one individual to another. You shared your lukewarm thoughts on Nintendo, and I shared mine and then trailed off into the world of recent AAAs I played because that's more your territory, which I thought would produce a different kind of response, which I would then reply to, and then we'd grow old and die after a while, never understanding each other but respecting that we just like different things.

Just post some hot dude pics or something.

My former boss was a lady who had a wife.

She talked about her wife a lot, so it was nice. :]

You don't have to feel obligated to say anything, of course.

Of course but I hate making omissions of certain details because Im afraid this person might react negatively. I probably wouldnt think about that if I hadnt been living in some conservative areas. I traded Indiana for Texas so...hmm.

I suck using mobile to post. I wanted to copy something into my previous post, but either my fingers are too monstrous and scare the sliders away every single time, or I'll just never get gud.

Anyway, just wanted to say ":eek:" to odioradio.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I suck using mobile to post. I wanted to copy something into my previous post, but either my fingers are too monstrous and scare the sliders away every single time, or I'll just never get gud.

Anyway, just wanted to say ":eek:" to odioradio.
What? :eek:

Of course but I hate making omissions of certain details because Im afraid this person might react negatively. I probably wouldnt think about that if I hadnt been living in some conservative areas. I traded Indiana for Texas so...hmm.
Scust.

He may react negatively if you don't say you're gay?

Symphonia

Banned
Doesn't matter, wrap it up. I'd only ever BB with someone I was in a committed, long-term, monogamous relationship with.
Monogamous relationship or not, bareback is the way to go. It's just a much more intense, intimate feeling engaging in intercourse with nothing between you. Honestly, I've never done condoms, ever. And I never will. I feel no need to. I'm clean, they're clean, it's all good.

Symphonia

Banned
how do you know if bareback is more intense and intimate if youve never used a condom before you have nothing to compare it to
Common sense dictates that if you're wearing something that will take away the sensation of skin on skin or direct contact, it's obvious that going bareback is, and akways will be, superior to going in wrapped up.

DOWN

Banned
Huh? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you should probably tone down how highly you think of yourself. I'm not talking in terms of demographics--and I have no idea where you got that from--I'm talking to you as one individual to another. You shared your lukewarm thoughts on Nintendo, and I shared mine and then trailed off into the world of recent AAAs I played because that's more your territory, which I thought would produce a different kind of response, which I would then reply to, and then we'd grow old and die after a while, never understanding each other but respecting that we just like different things.

Just post some hot dude pics or something.
I wasn't complimenting myself or putting you down. You surely know that saying RE6 is the best TPS and is not generic like The Last of Us goes against the public and critical consensus on those. That's what I was pointing out. You said a bunch of things that contradict with the market trends and favorites, and negatively generalize the more successful categories.

The demographics comment is simply pointing out that you would be very hard to pinpoint or utilize for opinions to someone trying to analyze what is thriving in the mainstream. Which is the opposite of me. I'm not saying I'm better, I'm saying I'm just on board with the big guns of the market. Easy to place my potential gaming tendencies.

VegiHam

Yeah,sounds like you're me, haha.
I don't really even want casual sex because I need to connect with someone before I'll enjoy it. Weird I know. :/
Hurray I'm not alone! Go team!
Is that the axe murderer guy? At least that seems to be going well ;)
Haha yup! It's doomed but fun.

...so I go to sleep and we don't like video-games any-more?
I can sort of relate to what you guys are saying. There's some series, like Pokemon, that I've totally stopped caring about; but there's always something new coming and so much to look forward to! So many games I want to play this year and ones I haven't played yet that I need to catch up on; that losing interest entirely seems pretty unlikely.

Frodo

Monogamous relationship or not, bareback is the way to go. It's just a much more intense, intimate feeling engaging in intercourse with nothing between you. Honestly, I've never done condoms, ever. And I never will. I feel no need to. I'm clean, they're clean, it's all good.

OK, you probably have heard this a hundred times before, but don't take for granted people's statuses. Most people don't get checked as frequently as they should and a lot of sexually transmitted infections might not have any symptoms and still be highly contagious, including but not limited to, HIV. They might have something and not even be aware of it. It happens more frequently than you think.

I might be on a different side of the road. I always use condoms and I don't think they make sex any less interesting. I've heard guys with the same speech as yours before, and even people saying they can't get an erection when they use condoms. In my humble opinion, it is very little reward for too much risk.

Take care of yourself. :)

I think in terms of casual sex you should always protect yourself, it's daft not to. Once you're in a monogamous relationship and you've both been tested then you can dispense with condoms. I was a bit silly in my youth and had a couple of one night stands where I didn't use protection and I'm thankful I was lucky, but I could get easily not have been.

Former boss bit.

I wasn't complimenting myself or putting you down. You surely know that saying RE6 is the best TPS and is not generic like The Last of Us goes against the public and critical consensus on those. That's what I was pointing out. You said a bunch of things that contradict with the market trends and favorites, and negatively generalize the more successful categories.

The demographics comment is simply pointing out that you would be very hard to pinpoint or utilize for opinions to someone trying to analyze what is thriving in the mainstream. Which is the opposite of me. I'm not saying I'm better, I'm saying I'm just on board with the big guns of the market. Easy to place my potential gaming tendencies.
I see. I'm sorry I misinterpreted your post, then. It just seemed a bit vague and I felt like I was reading between the lines. The gif didn't help.

In a sense you're correct, though; I don't really play mainstream games. Niche titles are my lifeblood, but on occasion I will dabble in the mainstream for certain series like Resident Evil. I'm also not big on indie titles,for the most part. That said, I am aware what's popular. I do read GAF, after all! I just tend not to be interested enough to actually play such titles, or I lack the hardware to do so. I'd rather be playing my Monster Hunters or Dota 2 instead of going gaga over GTAV or Destiny or Bloodborne (but only because I don't have a PS4 for it, unfortunately).

Nice avatar change. Maybe one day I'll finish HR.

Ty4on

What consensus? RE6 did 800k while TLoU did just shy of 1m in their first NPD month so the sales are quite similar.

What consensus? RE6 did 800k while TLoU did just shy of 1m in their first NPD month so the sales are quite similar.
RE6 is usually despised because people tried to play it like a cover shooter or they just didn't take five minutes to experiment with the controls and call it shit as a result. That and because they only played campaign and not the actual reason to play RE6: The Mercenaries.

On the other hand, TLoU is almost universally praised and considered one of the finest examples of gaming.

It's got nothing to do with sales, unfortunately.

DOWN

Banned
But RE6 was a multiplatform established IP that received notably polarized opinions, from 3s to 9s in the press that landed it in the 60s on metacritic (I actually have the game campaigns only and enjoyed it, personally, but consensus is that it isn't "the best"). The Last of Us was a new exclusive IP that received universal acclaim and dozens upon dozens of Game of the Year awards.

Hence why I singled out his comments on those being so contrary to what someone could expect my opinions to be, as a player who had already identified with the mainstream markets. I would never expect someone to give the type of uncommon opinion he gave on TLOU in the same post as the uncommon opinion he gave calling RE6 the best TPS, so I was caught off guard and amused by how unpredictable his tastes are to me as I read his post.

Pirabear

Banned
Not completely out of gaming but have little interest in most AAA games and completely out of gaming culture at this point. Last year I got no big games, just Transistor and Persona Q, this year is slightly better (only Bloodborne and Persona 5). Also, Amiibos just seem like expensive DLC combined with the worst aspects of figure collecting.

On another note, I have a feeling my GF might suspect I'm Bi lol.

Ty4on

RE6 is usually despised because people tried to play it like a cover shooter or they just didn't take five minutes to experiment with the controls and call it shit as a result. That and because they only played campaign and not the actual reason to play RE6: The Mercenaries.

On the other hand, TLoU is almost universally praised and considered one of the finest examples of gaming.

It's got nothing to do with sales, unfortunately.

But RE6 was a multiplatform established IP that received notably polarized opinions, from 3s to 9s in the press that landed it in the 60s on metacritic (I actually have the game campaigns only and enjoyed it, personally, but consensus is that it isn't "the best"). The Last of Us was a new exclusive IP that received universal acclaim and dozens upon dozens of Game of the Year awards.

Hence why I singled out his comments on those being so contrary to what someone could expect my opinions to be, as a player who had already identified with the mainstream markets. I would never expect someone to give the type of uncommon opinion he gave on TLOU in the same post as the uncommon opinion he gave calling RE6 the best TPS, so I was caught off guard and amused by how unpredictable his tastes are to me as I read his post.
I'm well aware of how RE6 was received, but I don't see how the reviews and talk online mirrors mainstream appeal when so many still chose to buy that game. Call of Duty has similarly had poor reviews, but sales were still much higher than anything else (though declining). As a funny tangent for CoD:AW review scores went up, but sales went down.

Kevyt

Nay, my last post was not a goodbye. It was just something I wanted to post. School, vidya games and life drama are taking most of my time. I haven't been feeling well because... life. ;_; I'm also feeling somewhat existentialist especially during this time of the year. But I'm alright, just gotta see the positive side of things. :)

And, dragonlife, you like RE6? Yaasss! Finally I see someone that likes it. I love RE6, one of my favorite third person shooters. Loved the Leon and Ada campaigns.

Welcome new members! :D

And oooh...

Connoisseur

aWzpAXnl.jpg

Why yes, I am indulging in McDonald's again tonight.

O: yaassss

What a handsome young man! I'm melting.

<3

Will he be back?

If you keep posting selfies, yes.

Pirabear

Banned
Do you think she would think it's a problem?

I don't. I haven't told her yet since I wasn't "100% sure" with myself until late 2013-early 2014. And I've been so stressed from school and work that when I see her, I really just want to relax and talk about irrelevant things. My workload will drop exponentially over the summer, so I'll probably tell her during that timeframe.

How long have you been together?

Over four years.

Vitanimus

so how do people feel about LGBT persons using the word faggot, or any sort of associated term

a lot of my friends over the years have come out so now we're quite a heavy LGBT group and we jokingly call each other faggots all the time cos we don't use it as a slur and it's kinda funny because a couple of years ago I was 100% against anyone using it. now I just don't care that much

Kinsei

Banned
so how do people feel about LGBT persons using the word faggot, or any sort of associated term

a lot of my friends over the years have come out so now we're quite a heavy LGBT group and we jokingly call each other faggots all the time cos we don't use it as a slur and it's kinda funny because a couple of years ago I was 100% against anyone using it. now I just don't care that much

I'm not fond of it, but as long as you're only saying it to other LGBT people that you know are also okay with it there's no real issue.

Frodo

To be quite honest I don't like it, but it doesn't mean it can't be used within your group of friends. However, a lot of the time I see gay people using it to call each other is still using it in a derogatory manner, or to imply or to joke that one is not as masculine as they "should be". And in that sense I think it should be avoided if possible. The notion that effeminate men are less worth than masculine men is completely toxic and should be extinguished sooner rather than later. Not to mention it is by itself homophobic and misogynistic, since it assumes females are inferior than males (being feminine is degrading), and as in "it is okay to be gay as long as you don't look gay", which just shows latent, internalised homophobia, as it is established that looking straight is better than looking gay.

Vitanimus

Oh yeah I totally agree, I would never use it in a derogatory sense to someone I didn't know cos that's really gross. I don't think I ever use it in a derogatory way really, I think we just find the word funny cos of the stigma associated, like a 10 year old saying a swear or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom