• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Hardy is going to be in XMen. He looks like hes 13 but that body is not.

1Ll6ViG.jpg

Ouch~ Cute! Still, why the eggs?

He was actually really good on EastEnders, hope he does well in X-Men.

Also he's just yum.

... I thought I recognised him from somewhere. I hope he transitions into a less violent series smoothly.

One thing though, is that I identify as both bi and queer, and I have no trouble saying to someone that I'm queer, but I don't really like when other people refer to me as queer. :/ idk, maybe I'm too used to hearing 'queer' in a derogatory way from other people so its some kind of subconscious reflex.
The issue I might feel with being called queer is it is less understood and they might think it just means gay, and this would be erasing. And could set up for an awkward situation later. It would be fine if it is said by people who know what it means.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
How long did it take you guys to start really comfortably saying that you were gay or bi or whatever. I still find it difficult to just say the words, I know it's silly but after suppressing it for so long I guess it's hard to say it.

It took me a while as well, yeah, you just get used to it after some time. It may be a silly thing to say, feeling uncomfortable telling others we're gay (in this case), but it's just the way we were used to, in my case I never really had to say anything, just because people assume you're straight. But lately,ever since you accept yourself you get more and more comfortable telling other people, and soon reach a point where you start thinking why you were feeling uncomfortable in the first place.

Sorry for my ramble.

Also, hi guys. I kind reverted back to my lurked status there for a while. :p

All the food on there looks plastic.

Edit: Goat it's actually pretty easy for pancakes on the stove (one of the few things I can cook really well). Keep it on medium/medium high. Don't stir too much and don't add too much water/milk/whatever the recipe calls for. Don't flip till you start to see small bubble form on the surface of the pancake and the edges are hard. Just follow that and you should have golden brown every time.

jars of pickled eggs is code

For what?

garyBig

Yeah, garyBig looks like a model in that pic. He's very cute, but it wouldn't hurt to smile :p

You're just trying to get another picture out of me, aren't you hobo ;)

Well, I was actually surprised that I was able to leave my eyes open there, because that flash on my phone is so stupidly bright and I just needed a quick pic with my hair all standing up (cos showing my folks the pics I took yesterday would be confusing since the hairdresser did something with my hair that I have yet to learn to reproduce lol, me rookie just knows how to get them straight up), so yeah totes forgot about smiling altogether.

How long did it take you guys to start really comfortably saying that you were gay or bi or whatever. I still find it difficult to just say the words, I know it's silly but after suppressing it for so long I guess it's hard to say it.
What helped me was listening to fun queer podcasts where they joke around and also discuss their feelings, which helps make it feel like it is just your version of normal. Also being out in an online group helped.

After a few years of questioning whether I was straight or gay, with this issue being prolonged by general social messages of 'everyone is curious sometimes' and bi erasure, I realised I was bisexual and it took about 18 months after that to get more comfortable with that. Another year and I was comfortably out to my immediate family though we generally talk in euphemisms because sex-related talk with family...

Edit: Goat it's actually pretty easy for pancakes on the stove (one of the few things I can cook really well). Keep it on medium/medium high. Don't stir too much and don't add too much water/milk/whatever the recipe calls for. Don't flip till you start to see small bubble form on the surface of the pancake and the edges are hard. Just follow that and you should have golden brown every time.

For what?
Female eggs.
And i burnt stuff on the grill and it wipes away so easily. best purchase.

I have a problem. I keep losing my structures in Minecraft. I'll build up an area and when I leave the area I'll build super high towers and put torches on top to guide me back home. But sometimes I go underground and end up dieing from lava or a fall. Then I can't find my home base. Is this just part of the game? :(

For what?

Once I make my move i'll have my griddle back. Screw the stove!

Ty4on

^^^^^It has tons of them, you just have to create them yourself.

I have a problem. I keep losing my structures in Minecraft. I'll build up an area and when I leave the area I'll build super high towers and put torches on top to guide me back home. But sometimes I go underground and end up dieing from lava or a fall. Then I can't find my home base. Is this just part of the game? :(

If it still works like it did when I played it (alpha and beta) you will always respawn at the same location. I would make a marker where I spawned and when I started to lose sight of it make another marker et cetera.

Then when I got rich I made an outpost with some essentials and eventually minecart rail from my main tower to the spawn area.

RM8

I don't play Minecraft, but it's a game that revolves around creativity, gameplay, and teaches kids that pretty graphics don't make a game. So I'm okay with it being immensely popular :]

Vashetti

Banned
I don't play Minecraft, but it's a game that revolves around creativity, gameplay, and teaches kids that pretty graphics don't make a game. So I'm okay with it being immensely popular :]

Exactly. It's popularity is a boon.

Minecraft haters should just dig straight down :)

As a creatively bankrupt person, Minecraft and Minecraft discussion triggers me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
on the subject of the f word, i never use it but idgaf if other lgbtq+'s do (in a positive way - it's gross when they use it as a negative) but i would feel weird if i heard a straight person say it (unless they were a close friend or something). esp if its a straight who uses it derogatorily

Nay, my last post was not a goodbye. It was just something I wanted to post. School, vidya games and life drama are taking most of my time. I haven't been feeling well because... life. ;_; I'm also feeling somewhat existentialist especially during this time of the year. But I'm alright, just gotta see the positive side of things. :)

wb hobo

i see my boyfriend Nick Jonas is getting naked for "Careful What You Wish For".

im not complaining. he's giving me a sugar rush (y)

i see he's still desperately trying to cling to his 15 minutes

on the subject of the f word, i never use it but idgaf if other lgbtq+'s do (in a positive way - it's gross when they use it as a negative) but i would feel weird if i heard a straight person say it (unless they were a close friend or something). esp if its a straight who uses it derogatorily

wb hobo

i see he's still desperately trying to cling to his 15 minutes

i'll let him cling on for more than 15 minutes (y)

Kater

Banned
It has no purpose. No beginning, no end. It's like an MMO only more banal.
You can create whole worlds yourself tho. Brick by brick. And roam the lands you built with your own hands. Which is just a good kind of crazy experience. It's only a shame that the whole battle system is simply tacked on and feels out of place.

DOWN

Banned
So hot outside, I too could collapse shirtless into a tennis court net.

tumblr_nkg16mN6W61sfaw33o1_540.jpg

You seriously need to come over so I can cook you some dinner so you can stop eating THAT FILFTH
Only if I don't need to help clean dishes after.

D'awww, thank you sweetie. :)

Yeah, taking a break is good from time to time but I think I'm still gonna be here nagging and annoying people as a way to cope with life, lol :p

Welcome back from the break

Kinsei

Banned
As a creatively bankrupt person, Minecraft and Minecraft discussion triggers me.

You don't need to be creative to enjoy Minecraft. Set the difficulty to hardcore and try to beat all of the bosses. Watch as the game magically becomes a really fun survival game, even better if you do it co-op with some friends.

Sai-kun

Banned
Quick poll: Swallowing, hot or not?

Only if he's 'fucking' the mouth/throat at the same time. Stationary is boring.

Hot and also yes.

The issue I might feel with being called queer is it is less understood and they might think it just means gay, and this would be erasing. And could set up for an awkward situation later. It would be fine if it is said by people who know what it means.

I think this is definitely part of it. Thanks for responding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom