• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What candid camera

NYVuSKo.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i hate how college is kind of centered around just finding a career - like, people shouldn't have to incur a fuckton of debt just because they want to learn something for the sake of learning something. maybe you can take some (free) online courses?

Are there any that aren't MOOC's that don't really go to a degree? Most of the online courses for traditional schools are pretty limited in scope and depth (can't take a full major for them) plus the costs are a bit lower but still pretty high...

Grakl

Are there any that aren't MOOC's that don't really go to a degree? Most of the online courses for traditional schools are pretty limited in scope and depth (can't take a full major for them) plus the costs are a bit lower but still pretty high...
Why not just go to a liberal arts college?

I'm at a arcade and there's a cute boy who I met. It's been a good day so far haha.
Went to the mall with some friends and then went to a Ramen place which was delicious.
Then I went to karaoke.

I'm at a arcade and there's a cute boy who I met. It's been a good day so far haha.
Went to the mall with some friends and then went to a Ramen place which was delicious.
Then I went to karaoke.

Wait you live in the US... arcades still exist? Where.

Arcade, ramen, karaoke. You're like a Japanese schoolkid.

Wait you live in the US... arcades still exist? Where.

Arcade, ramen, karaoke. You're like a Japanese schoolkid.
It's a local mom and pop near Athens called Flashback games.
Everything is free play and you just pay like one upfront fee to get it.

And I'm in the part of town where there are lots of Koreans so hence you get karaoke and ramen places.

Plus I'm with the anime club from my school haha.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all! Former GAF lurker who became a Junior a few months ago. Never bothered to actually explore other parts of the forum beyond the Gaming section, but I got curious (hopeful) that there would be some kind of LGBTQIA-dedicated thread somewhere on GAF after coming across some LGBTQIA-themed threads and posts over on the Gaming side. A few clicks later, and lo and behold, look what I found! The first page of GIFs alone told me I was home. I tend to be long-winded, as you can see in my IBQ™ responses:

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay with probably a toe in the graysexual pool
Where Are You From? (Suburb of) Sacramento, CA, USA
Where Do You Live? In the heart of Silicon Valley, CA (semi-reluctantly)
How Old Are you? 23
Favorite Type of Music? If I have to pick a favorite, perhaps (acoustic) singer-songwriter. I love a lot more, including pop, video game, musicals (Disney and Broadway), alternative, R&B, dancehall, and country.
Profession or Career interest? Currently trying to figure that out as a graduate student. My educational background is in design, engineering, writing, and anthropology.
Favorite video game(s)? To keep the list short: Phoenix Wright (original trilogy), many Zeldas (maybe Wind Waker?), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Chibi-Robo. My comfort food is Kirby's Dream Land. I also have many in my backlog that I feel will eventually be on my list (e.g., Fragile Dreams, Chrono Trigger, Majora's Mask).
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing (prose and poetry) and...honestly, not much of a hobbyist. I'd also include music (sharing/discussing/shower-singing?), conversing, and occasionally drawing, but those are either questionable "hobbies" or infrequent.

Not sure how often I'll be around, but I wanted to introduce myself and jump in anyway. Hello!

Hey all! Former GAF lurker who became a Junior a few months ago. Never bothered to actually explore other parts of the forum beyond the Gaming section, but I got curious (hopeful) that there would be some kind of LGBTQIA-dedicated thread somewhere on GAF after coming across some LGBTQIA-themed threads and posts over on the Gaming side. A few clicks later, and lo and behold, look what I found! The first page of GIFs alone told me I was home. I tend to be long-winded, as you can see in my IBQ™ responses:

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23
Favorite Type of Music? If I have to pick a favorite, perhaps (acoustic) singer-songwriter. I love a lot more, including pop, video game, musicals (Disney and Broadway), alternative, R&B, dancehall, and country.
Profession or Career interest? Currently trying to figure that out as a graduate student. My educational background is in design, engineering, writing, and anthropology.
Favorite video game(s)? To keep the list short: Phoenix Wright (original trilogy), many Zeldas (maybe Wind Waker?), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Chibi-Robo. My comfort food is Kirby's Dream Land. I also have many in my backlog that I feel will eventually be on my list (e.g., Fragile Dreams, Chrono Trigger, Majora's Mask).
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing (prose and poetry) and...honestly, not much of a hobbyist. I'd also include music (sharing/discussing/shower-singing?), conversing, and occasionally drawing, but those are either questionable "hobbies" or infrequent.

Not sure how often I'll be around, but I wanted to introduce myself and jump in anyway. Hello!
Welcome! :)
How are you doing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why not just go to a liberal arts college?

Because I'm looking at Tech but a lot of them require physical on-campus Labs (which isn't necessarily the problem) but the online-courses are 101 are so for most of them from what I see.

But MOOC's don't really do anything besides teach you some things similar to "adult night courses" at a physical school.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome Kirbyfan407. Your avatar is from an amazing game so you are free to stay here as long as you want :)

Phew. Glad I passed. :)

Thanks!

kirbyfan Yay! What's your favorite one besides Dream Land? And least favorite?

A little game of Sophie's Choice, eh? I haven't beaten them all (the most shameful part of my backlog), but from what I've played, least favorite is Dream Land 3 and favorite is...uhh...UHH...Nightmare in Dream Land (so many games in my library are now crying). One thing I'm certain about is that my best memories come from Air Ride. How about you?

Welcome! :)
How are you doing?

Well! Just procrastinating on some work, but I'll forgive myself eventually. How are you?

Kevyt

Dark Souls is making me a masochist. The fact that you spend the last hour trying to get enough souls to level up, and all of a sudden you get killed two times in a row and lose all your souls. It's a very punishing yet rewarding experience. This is making me want to play Bloodborne soooo bad...

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23

Welcome kirbyfan! I'm glad you found the community. I've been thinking how many more people would be here if they knew that there was a lettersGaf.

Welcome to the madness! :)

On a scale of 1 to Girl-Age, how much desperation do I reek of if I'm considering playing Final Fantasy XIV just because the cute girl at work does?

~2/3 girl age

Sorry I meant that number if you actually do play it for only that reason. Considering it is nothing. I like consider licking peoples faces on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome kirbyfan! I'm glad you found the community. I've been thinking how many more people would be here if they knew that there was a lettersGaf.

Welcome to the madness! :)

Yeah, I never really knew what was over in these parts. Glad I decided to look. Thanks!

Howdy! Fine taste in games there (I've never actually gotten around to playing any of the Kirby games myself though, I really need to fix that)

What would you guys say is the best game to start with?

For Kirby, I'd recommend Nightmare in Dream Land as a good starting point (available on Wii U VC), as it's very "pure" Kirby. It's a remake of the NES game Kirby's Adventure, which is practically the foundation of the modern franchise (original didn't have copy abilities). Many people consider Kirby Super Star (Ultra, for the DS remake) to be a peak of the franchise, but its structure is rather untraditional, so I'd say play it second. Spinoffs like Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse, and Mass Attack are all solid games, but they're quite different from the main games. If you just want to jump in, the recent games on Wii and 3DS are good entries, each with their own game-specific gimmick.

Xaltheron

For Kirby, I'd recommend Nightmare in Dream Land as a good starting point (available on Wii U VC), as it's very "pure" Kirby. It's a remake of the NES game Kirby's Adventure, which is practically the foundation of the modern franchise (original didn't have copy abilities). Many people consider Kirby Super Star (Ultra, for the DS remake) to be a peak of the franchise, but its structure is rather untraditional, so I'd say play it second. Spinoffs like Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse, and Mass Attack are all solid games, but they're quite different from the main games. If you just want to jump in, the recent games on Wii and 3DS are good entries, each with their own game-specific gimmick.
Thanks, I'll be sure to check them out :)

Kirby, in general, is just unbearably cute, and I'm a big fan of Epic Yarn, in particular, because the amazing and unique visual style is bloody adorable.
That reminds me, Yoshi's Woolly World later this year! \o/
Thankfully it already looks better than YNI.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23

Welcome friend! :)

Fragile Dreams is awesome isn't it? I always smile when I see someone talking positively about that game. Also yes, to Majora's Mask and I have a soft spot for the original Kirby's Dream Land as well, it's just so cheerful and fun!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nah, we love the cold so we can warm things up ourselves.

what about the dragons who live in volcanoes

i have no idea seks soz u__u

Hey all! Former GAF lurker who became a Junior a few months ago.

First post on this thread - long time lurker here. Where are the fabulous refreshments?

Welcome, darlings.

That's what I keep telling myself! And also what she keeps telling me. God, why is it so hard in a general setting [and not a gay bar or a pride parade] to tell if someone of the same sex is flirting? ;-;

It's so easy!
not even
just ask if she's a tarutaru or mithra kinda of girl and if she answers galka then bam you got her

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome friend! :)

Fragile Dreams is awesome isn't it? I always smile when I see someone talking positively about that game. Also yes, to Majora's Mask and I have a soft spot for the original Kirby's Dream Land as well, it's just so cheerful and fun!

Fragile Dreams is a game that haunts me. I started it but never returned to it to finish. The gameplay felt clunky and a bit rough, which pushed me away, but that world is mesmerizing. Ever since the first Japanese trailer, I was hypnotized by the atmosphere and universe that game presents. For that reason, I can't forget it. I have to return to it and play it to completion so I can discover where the story takes me.

That's what I keep telling myself! And also what she keeps telling me. God, why is it so hard in a general setting [and not a gay bar or a pride parade] to tell if someone of the same sex is flirting? ;-;

giphy.gif

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Fragile Dreams is a game that haunts me. I started it but never returned to it to finish. The gameplay felt clunky and a bit rough, which pushed me away, but that world is mesmerizing. Ever since the first Japanese trailer, I was hypnotized by the atmosphere and universe that game presents. For that reason, I can't forget it. I have to return to it and play it to completion so I can discover where the story takes me.

Yep, the gameplay is pretty clunky but the world, the atmosphere and everything in between elevates it to another level that really makes it shine, despite all of it's shortcomings.

You made me laugh before and after the edit. Ouch. So real. <3 umop <3

<3

It's true. And it would be so cool if it weren't. There's nothing particularly romantic about meeting someone at a gay bar or pride parade imo. But someone being bold enough to flirt with you in public and it not feeling like sexual harassment? swoon.

Sai-kun

Banned
The best part of Coachella is the eye candy. So many gorgeous/insansly hot people walking all day in as little clothing as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom