• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your sexual orientation? Hard B.
The plan is all coming together.
a91aVFl.jpg

DOWN

Banned
I just hit 80 hours in Inquisition and I'm not done.
YWtHCA1.jpg

I'm not even doing all those collectibles. This is a plump game.

I guess I should do this, too. Better late than never.

Your gender? I am a lady.
Where Are You From? America.
Where Do You Live? Hawaii, which is possibly a part of America.
How Old Are you? Mid 20s.
Favorite Type of Music? Folk. Electronic. Beyonce. And sometimes I like to listen to "Disparate Youth" by Santigold twelve times in a row.
Profession or Career interest? Dreaming.
Military. I regret it.
Favorite video game(s)? Pathologic, an impenetrable Russian PC game that is getting a kickstarted remake. Yay!
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Nutrition/biochemistry/paleoanthropology, constitutional law, animation.
Welcome. Good musical taste.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
On a scale of 1 to Girl-Age, how much desperation do I reek of if I'm considering playing Final Fantasy XIV just because the cute girl at work does?

Eh, could be worse. Could buy a Wii and Super Mario Strikers to play with your (now-ex) Boyfriend that you never get around to doing.

At least I got Trauma Center for the system out of that waste of $250 so NOT BAD

Kevyt

Favorite Type of Music? Folk. Electronic. Beyonce. And sometimes I like to listen to "Disparate Youth" by Santigold twelve times in a row.
Military. I regret it.
Favorite video game(s)? Pathologic, an impenetrable Russian PC game that is getting a kickstarted remake. Yay!
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Nutrition/biochemistry/paleoanthropology, constitutional law, animation.

Are you gonna be taking care of us? :D

:p

Welcome to the madness!

I'm jelly, you live in a tropical paradise! :)

So bit of an update on my situation:

Since my grandad has found out he hasn't been handling it well. He's not very nicely asked my mum to leave (she lives across the road from him). I think he feels ashamed that I'm gay and is also upset that it has been mishandled partially by her and my grandma. The whole family seem so embarrassed by the fact that I'm gay that they say I have destroyed their whole lives and that they will never get passed this. They don't feel like they can show their faces to the community at mosque etc.

I'm hoping they eventually realise how ridiculous this all is but with these people and their culture I have my doubts.

My mother has flip flopped all over the place and is once again wanting nothing to do with me, mainly cause her father is such a dick about it. they're also trying to put all the blame on me even for their own actions towards other members of the family which imo is ridiculous, they are adults and have control over their own lives and actions.

I wouldn't even mind as much if all the anger was directed at me, I get that they're not liberal enough to get this, whatever. But why are they attacking each other and trying to make things harder? Why can't these people act with a modicum of restraint and reason?

Fuck religion and conservative cultures.

Kater

Banned

Military. I regret it.
Hey there, haven't seen you in one of these OTs since OT3 I think. Welcome back. ^_^

The bolded is very cool. Always dreamed of having a work like that, studying remains of people that lived 10.000 years or more before I did. It's sounds just so very exciting.

Really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I don't think this sort of attitude will be changing any time soon in certain religious circles, but as long as you're true to yourself and hold your head up high and show there's nothing to be ashamed of we can only hope that others will follow your example. Hope it works out for you.

On a different note, what are people's thoughts on Daredevil, hot or not? I'm going with totally hot.

493DE8E7-8A19-4AEB-8419-7D0643317576_zpsaimyevqk.jpg

Razmos

On a different note, what are people's thoughts on Daredevil, hot or not? I'm going with totally hot.

493DE8E7-8A19-4AEB-8419-7D0643317576_zpsaimyevqk.jpg
Does "I need to start watching it right this instant" answer your question?
that facial hair hnnfgnfgnng

One of my old friends told me gays should leave straight people alone. That made me burst out laughing.
I read this in Chris Crockers voice.
"Leave straight people alone!"

Also I hope you aren't friends with them anymore :p

Hey guys, long time no see!

Just an update, I have a boyfriend now! =D

He's totally amazing. It's long distance, but I know we'll make it work. I've never had this strong of a connection before. It's almost surreal.

Also, my niece is doing well!

And because I know Penny has some fans here:

I also figure I should share this, as it immediately reminded me of HippieHobo:

23.gif

So yeah, things are going extremely well. =D

The whole family seem so embarrassed by the fact that I'm gay that they say I have destroyed their whole lives and that they will never get passed this. They don't feel like they can show their faces to the community at mosque etc.

It's crazy how ignorant some people can be. It's like they ask themselves "How can we make your life even harder than it already is? I know, let's be fucking selfish and play the role of the victim and make you responsible for every bad thing that happened to our family!"

The key problem is that bigots still stress that stupid idea that your sexual orientation is some kind of rebellious lifestyle. Until that stops, there's no way homophobia is going away.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

He's totally amazing. It's long distance, but I know we'll make it work. I've never had this strong of a connection before. It's almost surreal.

--snip--

Hi DA! Babies, kitties, and boyfriends, oh my! So much cuteness in your post. Congratulations on life being swell. If you don't mind sharing, how did you and your boyfriend meet?

Kevyt

It's such a nice and sunny day outside. Praise the sun!

The birds are singing, children playing outside, people walking eating ice cream, talking and socializing. The weather is just perfect. Not too hot or cold. It makes me want to.... *Heavy Metal Music begins playing* play Dark Souls!!

EwJCsniuiIpvq.gif

Since my grandad has found out he hasn't been handling it well. He's not very nicely asked my mum to leave (she lives across the road from him). I think he feels ashamed that I'm gay and is also upset that it has been mishandled partially by her and my grandma. The whole family seem so embarrassed by the fact that I'm gay that they say I have destroyed their whole lives and that they will never get passed this. They don't feel like they can show their faces to the community at mosque etc.

I'm hoping they eventually realise how ridiculous this all is but with these people and their culture I have my doubts.

My mother has flip flopped all over the place and is once again wanting nothing to do with me, mainly cause her father is such a dick about it. they're also trying to put all the blame on me even for their own actions towards other members of the family which imo is ridiculous, they are adults and have control over their own lives and actions.

I wouldn't even mind as much if all the anger was directed at me, I get that they're not liberal enough to get this, whatever. But why are they attacking each other and trying to make things harder? Why can't these people act with a modicum of restraint and reason?

There's obviously internal conflict in your family members as they're trying to understand what you have revealed to them. I definitely wouldn't bring up the topic again for a while. You have taken a burden off you by telling them, you have done your part, now it's their turn. Give them some time. It was also very brave and courageous of you to tell them. So you know, just take it nice and easy. :)

I would slap that person.

Why not punch them?

Also, my niece is doing well!

And because I know Penny has some fans here:

I also figure I should share this, as it immediately reminded me of HippieHobo:

23.gif

Glad you're doing well DA.

Your niece looks adorable :)

I love your cat! :3

I'm having mixed feelings about the last one though. The cheetah and the dog look so cute together :3 but they're wild animals.

Congrats on your bf!!! :D

Did you finish reading your book?

Not! I prefer Foggy, tbh.

Rob, who's the guy in your avatar?

Berordn

That's what I keep telling myself! And also what she keeps telling me. God, why is it so hard in a general setting [and not a gay bar or a pride parade] to tell if someone of the same sex is flirting? ;-;

because then there'd be no thrill of the hunt!

or at least the thrill of being thrown off of the other person when you've had too much to drink and mistake everything for an advance.

. . .

Well it turns out that things can change extremely quickly. =/

Hi DA! Babies, kitties, and boyfriends, oh my! So much cuteness in your post. Congratulations on life being swell. If you don't mind sharing, how did you and your boyfriend meet?

We met through the LGBTGAF Skype chat, actually.

Glad you're doing well DA.

Your niece looks adorable :)

I love your cat! :3

I'm having mixed feelings about the last one though. The cheetah and the dog look so cute together :3 but they're wild animals.

Congrats on your bf!!! :D

Did you finish reading your book?

Doing less well now, obviously, but thanks. :)

She certainly is!

It's my sister's cat, but she is a cutie! ^_^

Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird, but nothing bad happened in the gif, sooooo good enough for me.

And yeah, I finished it. Pretty great, as expected. Moving on to Neuromancer now, though it'll be slow going until exams are done with.

Uh oh. What happened? :(

He broke up with me. I don't want to get into the details too much because I know he reads the thread occasionally (and will even moreso now *waves*) and I still love and respect him. But he just doesn't think long distance is doable in our situation. I disagree. =/

I'm sorry. :( Thankfully, experience has taught me that things can get better just as quickly. That really sucks though.

Yeah, I'm trying to remain positive. It's just going to take a while. It's just a really heartbreaking situation, if I'm being honest.

oh no :(

what happened

See above. :)

You should take a break from him all together if I'm guessing I know who it is. Being in the same circle can be toxic. And you should branch out and see about dating in your community :)

That's why I'm staying away from the Skype chat too. I actually left it originally because I thought it resulted in unnecessary drama in our relationship. But it turns out that didn't matter anyway.

As always though, all of you guys are free to PM me on Skype!

And, honestly, I'm emotionally worn out here. Between this, finishing the semester (including doing three exams and four catch-up essays because of a bad depressive episode a month ago) and finding a job, I think I'll hold off on dating for a while.

On a side note, when the relationship was made "official" on Facebook (short-lived though it was) it also resulted in me pretty much coming out in public. So there's that. c:

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm trying to remain positive. It's just going to take a while. It's just a really heartbreaking situation, if I'm being honest.

---

And, honestly, I'm emotionally worn out here. Between this, finishing the semester (including doing three exams and four catch-up essays because of a bad depressive episode a month ago) and finding a job, I think I'll hold off on dating for a while.

On a side note, when the relationship was made "official" on Facebook (short-lived though it was) it also resulted in me pretty much coming out in public. So there's that. c:

Totally understandable. Recognizing the positive potential in a situation and actually being positive are two totally different things, and it's definitely very frustrating that we can't just flip a switch and make ourselves genuinely happy. I hope you heal quickly.

From what you've written, your decision to focus on yourself (even if just for a bit) sounds like a good move. Our situations are different in many ways, but we do have a few things in common. Personally, I'm doing the whole "take care of my life" thing right now. Doesn't seem too bad at the moment.

Coming out publicly is really exciting. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom