• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrin

CwwMjkA.jpg

Get it? Eric North-man? hah hah ahh

Well I can't say that I expected stellar writing out of a show like True Blood tbh. That said, Alexander Skarsgård is still pretty hot.

Happy birthday.

It is also my birthday today and I also(?) work in mental health and am working today.

My today could be a day after your today though.

Happy birthday to you too! And my birthday technically ended forty minutes ago, so it's probably not the same day for both of us, no.

I'm not actually working in mental health though. I'm a med student and my current course is on psychiatry with a lot of focus on practical placements at different psychiatric wards.

Razmos

You're both wrong. I left Wales because there were no decent guys.
One of the best guys I had was Welsh. and a medical student.

I think my first boyfriend was part-Welsh too.
Maybe it's just the Welsh gay guys? haha

Well I can't say that I expected stellar writing out of a show like True Blood tbh. That said, Alexander Skarsgård is still pretty hot.
Well the character was written for the Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries novels by Charlaine Harris, the writers of the show didn't create the character.

That being said she is very bad at names.

Andrin

One of the best guys I had was Welsh. and a medical student.

I think my first boyfriend was part-Welsh too.
Maybe it's just the Welsh gay guys? haha

Well the character was written for the Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries novels by Charlaine Harris, the writers of the show didn't create the character.

That being said she is very bad at names.

I do like Welsh accents. They're really quite charming when coming from the right guys.

And I'd vaguely heard that it was based on a book series, so maybe I should've specified that I didn't expect it from (relatively) modern vampire fiction :p

Kevyt

My friend. It was a small gesture but it meant so much to me. I've tried really hard to not develop feelings for him, and it was working until now.

I'm like Seth Rogen and he's like James Franco

Now you got me wondering, what kind of gesture? What did he do?

Let me guess, he's straight, right?

Crayons

Banned
Now you got me wondering, what kind of gesture? What did he do?

Let me guess, he's straight, right?

Yes he is straight, and I never told him I'm gay, but I'm pretty certain he thinks so. He definitely has strong feelings for me, just not romantically.

PMing you the gesture ;)

Hi guys. I've been lurking in here a lot lately and I think you guys are super nice, so might as well introduce myself here :)

Your gender? male
Your sexual orientation? mostly gay
Where Are You From? Asia
Where Do You Live? Germany
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? Pop, Jazz
Profession or Career interest? Engineering student
Favorite video game(s)? Suikoden 2, FF IX, Ni no kuni, Civilization, Football manager
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Football, travelling

Also happy birthday to Andrin and Aarglefarg !!

Kevyt

Hi guys. I've been lurking in here a lot lately and I think you guys are super nice, so might as well introduce myself here :)

Your gender? male
Where Are You From? Asia
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite video game(s)? Suikoden 2, FF IX, Ni no kuni, Civilization, Football manager

Ni No Kuni? Civilization? Football manager?

Yaaasss.gif

Welcome!! ^.^

Too much love kills

My love knows no boundaries. (y)

Chris Hayes featured a story on a transgender child that brought a tear to my eye. The childs parents thought they had a tomboy on their hands and thought she would outgrow it. But she didnt and the mom recalls the moment she realized she needed to recognize her daughters inner turmoil. She was in the car with her kids and she had a scare with another car and she thought if her daughter had died in that moment she would have died the person she wanted her daughter to be instead of who she really was.

The parents showed ther daughter a video of a transgender boy whos parents had documented his transition and asked her if thats what wanted to do. She said she could be Jacob at home but she had to be Mia at school. This is a toddler saying this by the way. The parents said they could put her in a new school and everyone would know her as Jacob. Mia thats what she wanted to do and they began the transition. After the transition the mom said Jacob laughed and had confidence that was never there before. Mia once was jabbing at her body once and asked her mom why God had made her wrong. For the first time their daughter was at peace with herself.

It just broke my heart to hear a child be so keenly self aware like that. And to see the courage of Jacob's parents to allow Mia to choose for herself. Jacob is still in kindergarten/1st grade so he often passes as a boy with nbody else really knowing. I really hope Jacob's experience in middle and high school is more accepting than it has been for transgender kids. If you can catch thevsegment id recommend a watch. Its short but profound.

alvmew

Chris Hayes featured a story on a transgender child that brought a tear to my eye. The childs parents thought they had a tomboy on their hands and thought she would outgrow it. But she didnt and the mom recalls the moment she realized she needed to recognize her daughters inner turmoil. She was in the car with her kids and she had a scare with another car and she thought if her daughter had died in that moment she would have died the person she wanted her daughter to be instead of who she really was.

The parents showed ther daughter a video of a transgender boy whos parents had documented his transition and asked her if thats what wanted to do. She said she could be Jacob at home but she had to be Mia at school. This is a toddler saying this by the way. The parents said they could put her in a new school and everyone would know her as Jacob. Mia thats what she wanted to do and they began the transition. After the transition the mom said Jacob laughed and had confidence that was never there before. Mia once was jabbing at her body once and asked her mom why God had made her wrong. For the first time their daughter was at peace with herself.

It just broke my heart to hear a child be so keenly self aware like that. And to see the courage of Jacob's parents to allow Mia to choose for herself. Jacob is still in kindergarten/1st grade so he often passes as a boy with nbody else really knowing. I really hope Jacob's experience in middle and high school is more accepting than it has been for transgender kids. If you can catch thevsegment id recommend a watch. Its short but profound.

A co-worker showed me at the office today. Dem feels ;-;

Ahasverus

Guys, any Grindr experience? I tried it today by friend's recommendation and looks.. creepy hahaha there are lots of weird guys out there, they show their faces and everything! The things they say.. But oh well, who knows, I'm bored and single anyway. Talking to strangers is hot isn't it?

SPESSMEHREN

Neo Member
I've never tried it because I do not have a smartphone, but I gather due to its reputation people on there are very... up front... about what they are actually looking for.

yall. that kylie jenner challenge though. i remember i put one of those suction darts on my forehead just for fun when i was little.. LOL glad i had long hair back then.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, any Grindr experience? I tried it today by friend's recommendation and looks.. creepy hahaha there are lots of weird guys out there, they show their faces and everything! The things they say.. But oh well, who knows, I'm bored and single anyway. Talking to strangers is hot isn't it?

Is showing one's face on Grindr weird?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not (I just can't though haha) but showing it AND saying the nastiest things upfront, yes it is, a bit, for me at least :p

I think I can understand that. Oh well, enjoy what you can! I've never gone on there, mostly for the aspects you've said make it weird. Don't think I could handle the...uhh...aggression.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Being a whore requires guys :(

:(

find some it cant be that hard

Ratsky probably did nasty things to it.

i did what now?

Where's the love for us Nordic guys? /cry

Also, yay my birthday today. Pretty weird to spend most of it in a psychiatric ward talking to psychosis patients though.

what kind of nord are you?

Happy Birthday!

It is also my birthday today and I also(?) work in mental health and am working today.

Happy Birthday!

Your gender? male
Where Are You From? Asia
How Old Are you? 24

Welcome! Nice to see another FFIX fan. <3

Is showing one's face on Grindr weird?

yes its usually just torsos and penises

It's been a mixed bag for me, but then again that's dating as a whole in a nutshell, isn't it.

Despite it's reputation, I believe Grindr is really what you make of it. (Though no doubt you're gonna have to dig a bit harder if you're looking for something with more substance than a casual hook-up.)

Just, y'know, use caution and safety and stuff.

Exactly.

Dating is terrible. All of my boyfriends are going to fall out of the back of onion trucks or something.

Lol what...what does that mean? (Sorry if that's an idiom. English isn't my first language so some sayings kinda go over my head.)

Anyway, I feel your struggle. Trust. I think dating is just...well, from my experience, it's one extreme or the other. It's like, Bipolar: The Social Activity. When it's going well, it's fucking fantastic, and it all feels so perfect. When it's bad, it...feels like work. Really, really soul crushing work. :p

Caladrius

Yeah, the guy is pretty much confirmed hetero. We have some shared interests though, so I'd still like to hang out with him.
And admire him from a distance

Back to online dating I guess.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to trawl the area for community centers or something...

Dating is terrible. All of my boyfriends are going to fall out of the back of onion trucks or something.

Hey, it's a boyfriend!

Lol what...what does that mean? (Sorry if that's an idiom. English isn't my first language so some sayings kinda go over my head.)

Anyway, I feel your struggle. Trust. I think dating is just...well, from my experience, it's one extreme or the other. It's like, Bipolar: The Social Activity. When it's going well, it's fucking fantastic, and it all feels so perfect. When it's bad, it...feels like work. Really, really soul crushing work. :p

Haha, I don't think it's a real idiom, I was just taking poetic license to say "weird happenstance occurrence".

Yeah, I find for me I tend to form an opinion about how compatible I am with someone really quickly, but it's mostly a gut instinct thing. Like my enthusiasm is almost a binary 0/1 situation that I continually subject to tests. Usually by the time I think about going on a date with someone I already know that I'm pretty interested, but that's not really 'dating'. If I do try it that way I'm constantly questioning my feelings or like I'm casting too wide of a net to not get discouraged.

Hey, it's a boyfriend!

Yeah I wouldn't complain :p

Caladrius

Can the semester be over yet.

I want to be able to drive more so I can get my damn license and not have to be chauffeured everywhere.
It's driving me and my family batty.

Yeah I wouldn't complain :p

Especially if he were a burly farm boy with a hidden passion for the arts

Oh god I sound like a Harlequin novelist

...I wonder how much money they get paid per book... >__________________>

Thanks. And I'm a Swede. I even look pretty much like the stereotype.

Welcome to [insert acronym of choice here]-GAF!

VegiHam

Where's the love for us Nordic guys? /cry

Also, yay my birthday today. Pretty weird to spend most of it in a psychiatric ward talking to psychosis patients though.
Happy Birthday!
You guys are actually fifth, after the spanish. Duh.
I've used it recently. Thing to bare in mind is that there aren't Grindr people who exist as a collective and then you as a lone individual who happens to also be there; so whatever you want and are looking for you'll probably find someone similar after the same thing. If you talk to enough people eventually one will want to take you for drinks; if that's what you want. If you're looking to just get laid then that'll be easier.

Ahasverus

Happy Birthday!.

I'Thing to bare in mind is that there aren't Grindr people who exist as a collective and then you as a lone individual who happens to also be there; so whatever you want and are looking for you'll probably find someone similar after the same thing. If you talk to enough people eventually one will want to take you for drinks; if that's what you want. If you're looking to just get laid then that'll be easier.
Not sure I get you, but sounds interesting, care to elaborate?

Happy birthday Andrin and Aarglefarg! Have a nice cake.
Mine is tomorrow, scary.

I'm like 30 cms under your height, but I LOVE nordic guys, like, I get crazy for them.

Golnei

Happy birthday; Ahasverus, Andrin, Art and Aarglefarg - I feel awful for breaking the alliteration...

Oh god I sound like a Harlequin novelist

...I wonder how much money they get paid per book... >__________________>

You'll need to create more of a brand for yourself to succeed in the shameless world of digital publishing. Most fetishes are already catered to by a thriving community, but if you can exploit a niche, underrepresented combination; you have a greater chance of attaining visibility while still producing trash.

Razmos

Felt unattractive with no self confidence all day. It all started when I spent ages trying on t-shirts to go outside in because it's so warm and sunny, every single one looked stupid on me for some reason.

Saw sexy guys everywhere because of the weather (and being at the gym) and I just felt.. plain, and small, and skinny.

I'm overdue for a haircut and i'm getting one tomorrow, so I hope that goes some way to making me feel not-ugly again.

Finally getting around to this.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Bradford, UK
Where Do You Live? Lincoln, UK
How Old Are you? 28
Favorite Type of Music? Indie, Rock, Folk
Profession or Career interest? Physiotherapist
Favorite video game(s)? Souls series, Dota 2, Deus Ex, Witcher series, SotC, Half Life series
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? TV, Movies and Music.

Hello! (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom