• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

So... I have no idea where this is going with a guy I met. I want to see him, he seems to want to see me, but our schedules never match. I suggested we met over a coffee and he told me that he would call me the next day, but he never did. 2 weeks later, he finally texted me and apologized (his new job seems to be quite difficult and takes him a lot of his time). I suggested once again to meet, at a restaurant this time the following week. He agreed, except that neither of us contacted the other to set the date (I kinda assumed that with his schedule it was up to him to contact me, but a friend pointed out that I am the one who should have done that). Once again, I contacted him and offered to met this week-end, but once again it seems we are never available at the same time, be it this week or the next one.

He was the one who asked for my number in the first place, and we did meet afterwards after he invited me to join him elsewhere, but I'm under the impression that I am the only one to offer to meet again. After the two weeks gap I thought that he wasn't interested anymore, but he did contact me again, but then he is not available when I'm offering to meet, and he didn't try to offer me to meet again at a set date. I'm still interested, but I don't want to become pushy, and I'm beginning to wonder if he is interested at all.

Oh well, on the plus side, ever since we met I've been doing muscle-building exercises at home. It feels good. A friend of mine still wants me to meet her gay friend, but she never managed to find the occasion for it.

Long story short: I'm not an expert when it comes to hit on someone and I have no idea what I am doing.

Kevyt

So... I have no idea where this is going with a guy I met. I want to see him, he seems to want to see me, but our schedules never match. I suggested we met over a coffee and he told me that he would call me the next day, but he never did. 2 weeks later, he finally texted me and apologized (his new job seems to be quite difficult and takes him a lot of his time). I suggested once again to meet, at a restaurant this time the following week. He agreed, except that neither of us contacted the other to set the date (I kinda assumed that with his schedule it was up to him to contact me, but a friend pointed out that I am the one who should have done that). Once again, I contacted him and offered to met this week-end, but once again it seems we are never available at the same time, be it this week or the next one.

He was the one who asked for my number in the first place, and we did meet afterwards after he invited me to join him elsewhere, but I'm under the impression that I am the only one to offer to meet again. After the two weeks gap I thought that he wasn't interested anymore, but he did contact me again, but then he is not available when I'm offering to meet, and he didn't try to offer me to meet again at a set date. I'm still interested, but I don't want to become pushy, and I'm beginning to wonder if he is interested at all.

Oh well, on the plus side, ever since we met I've been doing muscle-building exercises at home. It feels good. A friend of mine still wants me to meet her gay friend, but she never managed to find the occasion for it.

Long story short: I'm not an expert when it comes to hit on someone and I have no idea what I am doing.

I was going to say that maybe he lost interest or wasn't very interested but since he was the one that asked for your number, then that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you really like him then try to make sone time to meet him up. Perhaps put more pressure on him to meet you up too. Though, if it happens again then I wouldn't pursue anything further and just leave it there.

Sibylus

Banned
I was in a pretty rough place at the beginning of this week, but what a turnaround.

• Broke up
  • Felt like wanting to die
  • Threw myself into work and writing and killed it on both counts
  • Plans laid for two trips in the near future to see friends, I'm really excited
  • Mood floating somewhere in a warm sunbeam

DOWN

Banned
I was in a pretty rough place at the beginning of this week, but what a turnaround.

• Broke up
  • Plans laid for two trips in the near future to see friends, I'm really excited

Go Bo

rihannablunt%255B1%255D.jpg

Get that 'high on life' mood

• Broke up
Glad to hear you're doing better. :)

I had an opposite sort of week. :(

Kevyt

• Broke up

Nice, what a turn! Keep on slaying! :)

Go Bo

rihannablunt%255B1%255D.jpg

Get that 'high on life' mood

She looks sad?

Yikes. :S

Next week will be a better week :)

I just hit a racoon with my car. The poor thing was obviously wounded, and was struggling in the middle of the road. I couldn't avoid it because of the other cars.

I need a hug. :(

crappy webcam lying in bed pic
e98e14130b6eb6d5dae57b2cb012db2c.png

I like my X-men t-shirt.

Damn you're a cutie.

• Broke up

:D

:(

Ugh, my friend has such an ignorant and uninformed opinion of AAVE and I can't get over it. It just pisses me the fuck off that he ignores any linguistics article in favor of his own gut feeling.

Ugh, my friend has such an ignorant and uninformed opinion of AAVE and I can't get over it. It just pisses me the fuck off that he ignores any linguistics article in favor of his own gut feeling.

If you change your opinion once people will expect you to keep doing it. It's just not worth it.

time to get into the mint extract

lol I actually did that when I was 14. It was terrible. I actually made mead in my closet, too. I was like a convict or something.

edit: I kind of want to try those dabs the kids are talking about these days.

Yet.

Albums that have been disapponting this year... Twin Shadow, Toro y Moi, Dan Deacon, Matt & Kim, and now Passion Pit. Even though I enjoyed them, I found both Squarepusher and Purity Ring's new albums to be a little weak compared to their last.

So far the albums that have given me life are the new Sufjan Stevens and Madonna albums. Especially Sufjan, album of the year quality.

That's a bummer. Thankfully, the few 2015 albums that I've heard have all been pretty sweet so far. *crosses fingers for the streak to continue*

I wouldn't really put Toro Y Moi in the disappointment category but certainly Purity Ring's album

Nohar

*still can't understand how this can exist*

*still doesn't understand why reality TV exist either*

*sigh* I just want to find my mate. And I'm kinda jealous of those two (Justin and Nick).

Oh well. Back to my daily exercise routine. Time to take care of those arms.

Zalasta

Why not just speak plainly? Instead of trying to guess if he's interested, simply ask whether he still wants to meet up. If the latter, then make sure to set an actual date and place this time, rather than something ambiguous.

Nohar

We need to stop posting pictures of cute instagram couples or this will turn into DepressionGAF

Naaaah. They don't make me depressed, they make me want to be like them. It is a positive incentive: if they managed to be cute (well, in their case cute and swole), smart and find eachother, why shouldn't I? :)

Let's turn this thread into PositiveGAF ♥

Why not just speak plainly? Instead of trying to guess if he's interested, simply ask whether he still wants to meet up. If the latter, then make sure to set an actual date and place this time, rather than something ambiguous.

Guess I'll do that, though right now I'm kinda busy. You're definitly right about the ambiguous thing, and I will learn from that mistake.

Razmos

Sunbathing!
In England!

Madness!

EDIT: Oh, the sun went in and it turned cold as soon as I said this.
*shakes fist at English weather*

Kevyt

DOWN

Banned
I've been going to seminars all week because I am required to go to a certain number and I decided to do them over the past couple of weeks. Every single one has been hosted by a hot guy, but today's was the best of all.

My professor is talking about the company visiting today and I was sort of just looking around. And then he introduces the presenter and I hear a ridiculously charismatic British voice and look.

Hjtg5xa.gif

9XvA7ro.gif

oZ0WMoB.gif

Since the course is done, they gave us copies of Atlas Shrugged too

And I'm having a good hair day ;O

Razmos

One of my goals in life is a boyfriend to play Mario Kart with.

Also thinking of applying for University and getting away from the monotonous hell that is unemployment.

Kevyt

Interesting blog piece on HuffPost Gay Voices: Don't Call Me Daddy: Loving Someone 25 Years Younger: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7128576

I only wish the author would have addressed his title, he even refers to hinaelf as a daddy loving daddy (the irony).

It's always interesting to know how relationship dynamics differ with age, especially with a significant age gap.

Miles X

I have a dilemma maybe you guys can help with.

So I went on a date with a guy Tuesday eve, bit unconventional as we met a year prior and had sex (very hot sex). He wanted to date me but the circumstances never allowed and I got with someone else.

Anyway, the date went really well, and I stayed over his. We just cuddled all night and he didn't want me to leave in the morning, we chatted over whatsapp the rest of the day until I went to bed. Next day I didn't hear from him, or the next. His last whatsapp sign in time was the time he sent me a goodnight message from the day we last spoke.

I figured maybe he was super busy but not even checking his whatsapp at all after two days seemed a bit fishy, so I gave him a call and the phone said something about not being able to connect the phone call. I used my landline in case it was my mobile but that was the same.

He has no other means to contact me if he's lost or broken his phone, so do I turn up at his door? I feel that's a bit stalkery so I'm hesitant. We were due to meet up tonight after I finish work ...

I'm kinda worried something bad has happened to him :\\\\\\\\\

Yeah it seems like the food will not be their strongest. That's a shame. I:

But let's be honest, I don't think food will be their selling point. It will be their hunk employees in tight boxers.

well hooters wasn't the food and their waitress aren't even cute. but twin peaks though (y) better food but terrible waitress (YMMV)

I have a dilemma maybe you guys can help with.

So I went on a date with a guy Tuesday eve, bit unconventional as we met a year prior and had sex (very hot sex). He wanted to date me but the circumstances never allowed and I got with someone else.

Anyway, the date went really well, and I stayed over his. We just cuddled all night and he didn't want me to leave in the morning, we chatted over whatsapp the rest of the day until I went to bed. Next day I didn't hear from him, or the next. His last whatsapp sign in time was the time he sent me a goodnight message from the day we last spoke.

I figured maybe he was super busy but not even checking his whatsapp at all after two days seemed a bit fishy, so I gave him a call and the phone said something about not being able to connect the phone call. I used my landline in case it was my mobile but that was the same.

He has no other means to contact me if he's lost or broken his phone, so do I turn up at his door? I feel that's a bit stalkery so I'm hesitant. We were due to meet up tonight after I finish work ...

I'm kinda worried something bad has happened to him :\\\\\\\\\

I would not show up at his door. He probably has friends, family, or a job that would be alerted sooner if something happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom