• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, get better soon :(
I hope it isn't serious and I hope you'll get better soon
That's the plan. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

This is why I love singing outdoor gigs. Everyone brings their dogs and I fall in love <3
That picture is amazing. I'm glad to hear your gig went well BB. :) <3

Yeah I definitely recommend you beating Xenoblade soon! Such a great game. Honestly, probably my favorite game of last gen. Amazing world and I enjoyed the story/characters, too.
Xenoblade is incredible, and my hype for XCX is outrageous. I was so disappointed we didn't get a release date in the last English Direct presentation. :/

Andrin

Can we have an LGBTQIA+ GAF squad? My Wii U friends list is depressingly empty...

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Count me in. It's by far my most eagerly anticipated game right now, and I'm only barely managing to keep myself from getting spoiled by avoiding any current threads related to it. I went into Xenoblade absolutely blind and I want it to be as close to that as possible for X.

Speaking of Zac Efron...him on the set of "Bad Grandpa" last week:

Zac-Efron-Movie-Set-Dirty-Grandpa-Part-2-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-1.jpg
Zac-Efron-Movie-Set-Dirty-Grandpa-Part-2-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-2.jpg

iZ4HxlgLm2kH4.gif

Xenoblade is incredible, and my hype for XCX is outrageous. I was so disappointed we didn't get a release date in the last English Direct presentation. :/

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Count me in. It's by far my most eagerly anticipated game right now, and I'm only barely managing to keep myself from getting spoiled by avoiding any current threads related to it. I went into Xenoblade absolutely blind and I want it to be as close to that as possible for X.

Seriously had no idea so many of here were looking forward to Xenoblade X and loved the original. <3 <3

Oh Hours Left, I was also very sad we didn't get a release date at the Direct. :(

Be my bae &#55357;&#56877;
Hahaha of course! <3
BlueBadger should do a cover of Elton John's Bennie and the Jets.
Oh. My god. I LOOOOVE that song LOL! It's a tough one. But I love it x_X. I also really love Haley Reinhart's cover of it actually.

Badgerrrrrr, are you hyped for Xenoblade X still? :O I think you liked the original a lot.
Hiiiii! Goodness gracious YES im so excited! The character creation HNNNNGH! I can't wait to have a copy of that game <3.

Can we have an LGBTQIA+ GAF squad? My Wii U friends list is depressingly empty...
I am so down for this :). My list is also depressingly sad LOL

That picture is amazing. I'm glad to hear your gig went well BB. :) <3
Thanks mr <3! It went surprisingly well, despite me being under the weather! So im happy.

It feels like I'm swallowing razor blades LOL

Oh my. That's a very cute dog!

(You look gorgeous, but the dog was more important).
Hahaha thank you!! I totally agree though. Dog > everything else <3

Seriously had no idea so many of here were looking forward to Xenoblade X and loved the original. <3 <3

Oh Hours Left, I was also very sad we didn't get a release date at the Direct. :(
I'm praying for a summer release. Or at least early fall. Anything later than that is too much. D:

Thanks mr <3! It went surprisingly well, despite me being under the weather! So im happy.

It feels like I'm swallowing razor blades LOL
I'm sure you killed it out there. :) Hopefully you can just relax and recuperate tonight. <3

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Zac Efron...him on the set of "Bad Grandpa" last week:

Zac Efron's evolution has been a beautiful thing to witness. An early highlight of the 21st century.

All this talk of XCX and a potential Squad is making me really motivated to play Xenoblade this summer and actually commit to playing XCX right as it releases, rather than letting it settle into my backlog for a bit. Also, this idea of increasing my friends list total from 0 to some number greater than 0?? I'm really feeling it!
Yeah, that was terrible.

I'm looking forward to XCX but thought the original was just okay for everything besides music and world design (which were superb).

I also don't think Zac Efron is attractive at all.

get off my lawn

Golnei

All this talk of XCX and a potential Squad is making me really motivated to play Xenoblade this summer and actually commit to playing XCX right as it releases, rather than letting it settle into my backlog for a bit. Also, this idea of increasing my friends list total from 0 to some number greater than 0?? I'm really feeling it!
Yeah, that was terrible.

Try not to play them too close together - it'd be really easy to burn out playing two games with that sort of scope back to back. Of course, even having that option depends on a sane release date...

I'm praying for a summer release. Or at least early fall. Anything later than that is too much. D:

I'm terrified the European release is going to slip into next year - after the way NoE's release schedule has been organised recently even for games with barely any text; it seems almost impossible for a game which would require as much localisation as Xenoblade to come out any sooner than 9 months after the NTSC regions.

I'm terrified the European release is going to slip into next year - after the way NoE's release schedule has been organised recently even for games with barely any text; it seems almost impossible for a game which would require as much localisation as Xenoblade to come out any sooner than 9 months after the NTSC regions.
I hope not. That would be awful for you guys. The fact that there was no English footage in the last Direct was worrying though.

One thing all companies need to work on is shorter localization turnaround periods for games. Nintendo can be pretty brutal in that regard.

Rayis

The concept of not finding Zac Efron attractive is so foreign to me, but then again, I've liked him since his HSM days.

I'm still trying to work through getting over this crush (without little success tbh), but one thing this has made me reflect on is how I've handled other people who suggest that they have feelings for me. TBH it's happened a few times sometimes with a guy I was considering a friend, and sometimes with a guy that I was only casual with. In all instances when they explained their hopes, I told them that I saw them as friends, and when I sensed or they said that they still felt the same way, I'd distance myself from them, eventually cutting contact.

Going through this experience now, I feel like what I did was pretty cold. This is the first time I've ever really been this affected by liking someone, and these feelings aren't not easy to drop at all even if you rationally know that you should. The only differences between them and me is that they were either less subtle about liking someone than I am (or so I think), or that they had the balls to actually tell me how they felt, whereas AFAIK, this guy doesn't know how I truly feel. The other difference is that my friend here is claimed (or almost claimed), and I am/was not. Either way, in exchange I cut them off because of it. I know I broke off at least one new friendship thanks to this, and looking back I feel kind of shitty about it.

I need to mull over this more, so you'll have to excuse me using Alphabet OT as a place to sort my feelings about this.

I'm still trying to work through getting over this crush (without little success tbh), but one thing this has made me reflect on is how I've handled other people who suggest that they have feelings for me. TBH it's happened a few times sometimes with a guy I was considering a friend, and sometimes with a guy that I was only casual with. In all instances when they explained their hopes, I told them that I saw them as friends, and when I sensed or they said that they still felt the same way, I'd distance myself from them, eventually cutting contact.

Going through this experience now, I feel like what I did was pretty cold. This is the first time I've ever really been this affected by liking someone, and these feelings aren't not easy to drop at all even if you rationally know that you should. The only differences between them and me is that they were either less subtle about liking someone than I am (or so I think), or that they had the balls to actually tell me how they felt, whereas AFAIK, this guy doesn't know how I truly feel. The other difference is that my friend here is claimed (or almost claimed), and I am/was not. Either way, in exchange I cut them off because of it. I know I broke off at least one new friendship thanks to this, and looking back I feel kind of shitty about it.

I need to mull over this more, so you'll have to excuse me using Alphabet OT as a place to sort my feelings about this.

It may be cold, but it's honest and not cruel. Situations could almost always be handled better, but in thinking that now, what would you do differently? Relationships involve people agreeing on similar terms, if that agreement isn't there, then the relationship is tenuous. Can we tell if people are okay with putting aside their feelings for a friendship or that the relationship has a solid foundation? Or as one of the parties involved, are we responsible for making a decision about the sort of relationship we want to be involved in? Situations are complex, it's probably always a little of both, and paying these people respect isn't necessarily cutting them off or not cutting them off, but thinking enough about them and the specific situation to try and make the appropriate decision, instead of just making the easy decision to walk away based on our discomfort with the situation. But even doing that is forgivable, compassion is a limited resource and not everyone is family. What I'm saying is, it's perfectly respectful to be 'cold', if you're doing it for the right reasons, and even if it wasn't you clearly didn't mean any harm.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

It sucks that you're going through this. Although I've never really been in the same situation as you, my own life kind of led to similar thinking, where I found myself doing a lot of reflecting on the way I'd interacted with people over the years. I found it to be a really positive moment of growth, so I hope you find it the same (even if it hurts now). Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope you find resolution soon!

EDIT: I like what umop_3pisdn said.

It may be cold, but it's honest and not cruel. Situations could almost always be handled better, but in thinking that now, what would you do differently? Relationships involve people agreeing on similar terms, if that agreement isn't there, then the relationship is tenuous. Can we tell if people are okay with putting aside their feelings for a friendship or that the relationship has a solid foundation? Or as one of the parties involved, are we responsible for making a decision about the sort of relationship we want to be involved in? Situations are complex, it's probably always a little of both, and paying these people respect isn't necessarily cutting them off or not cutting them off, but thinking enough about them and the specific situation to try and make the appropriate decision, instead of just making the easy decision to walk away based on our discomfort with the situation. But even doing that is forgivable, compassion is a limited resource and not everyone is family. What I'm saying is, it's perfectly respectful to be 'cold', if you're doing it for the right reasons, and even if it wasn't you clearly didn't mean any harm.
This is all very true. I know in at least one instance for sure, what I did was probably the best move. Sometimes distance really is the best solution. I just don't want it to be my snap decision for every similar situation. Sometimes friendships can be salvaged, I want to believe that for my own sake.

It sucks that you're going through this. Although I've never really been in the same situation as you, my own life kind of led to similar thinking, where I found myself doing a lot of reflecting on the way I'd interacted with people over the years. I found it to be a really positive moment of growth, so I hope you find it the same (even if it hurts now). Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope you find resolution soon!

EDIT: I like what umop_3pisdn said.

I appreciate the good will on this. I really do want to still be platonic with this guy, as even beyond crush side, he's a cool guy and we share a lot of interests (including working toward similar job fields). I just think that a little physical distance (and avoiding cuddles, lol) is best for now. Fortunately I learned that due to job issues he plans to change work and move a good distance away. He was only a few min. away before so he'll be far enough that randomly hanging out isn't as feasible. I think this will help the situation a lot. In the meantime I'm trying to focus on some stuff so I can work in a better job, so if I can keep myself busy that way, that'll help in multiple aspects.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate the good will on this. I really do want to still be platonic with this guy, as even beyond crush side, he's a cool guy and we share a lot of interests (including working toward similar job fields). I just think that a little physical distance (and avoiding cuddles, lol) is best for now. Fortunately I learned that due to job issues he plans to change work and move a good distance away. He was only a few min. away before so he'll be far enough that randomly hanging out isn't as feasible. I think this will help the situation a lot. In the meantime I'm trying to focus on some stuff so I can work in a better job, so if I can keep myself busy that way, that'll help in multiple aspects.

Sounds like you have a good plan and solid reasoning. Good luck!

Efron seems to skipper back and forth between looking hot and looking like a bloated mess in the face (DiCaprio syndrome). In those recent pics he's the latter sadly. His heydays are over. Still obviously a hot guy though. :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Efron seems to skipper back and forth between looking hot and looking like a bloated mess in the face (DiCaprio syndrome). In those recent pics he's the latter sadly. His heydays are over. Still obviously a hot guy though. :p

Huh. I don't know if I feel quite as strongly as you regarding this, but I definitely know what you're talking about. I was trying to figure out earlier (but ultimately couldn't articulate it) why I've found him noticeably more or less attractive depending on the phase of his career. Interesting...

Razmos

He had a handsome face when he was younger, but he hasn't aged very well in my opinion, and he overcompensates for that by overdoing his body and taking his shirt off at every possible occasion. .

Kevyt

This is a week late, but a republican state rep. Randy Boehning, who voted against expanding on LGBT rights in North Dakota, was caught sending dick pics on Grindr.

The Raw Story said:
“And I was, like, who is that guy? I know I’ve seen him somewhere,” Smith recalled, saying that he eventually realized that Boehning had been the person known as “Top Man!” sending him sexual messages and photographs on Grindr.

lol...

I feel so bad for closeted republicans.

Razmos

It was amazing in that thread with people saying "If you mock him you are just as bad as him".
Yeah, because me calling the guy a hypocritical asshole is the same as him actively trying to deny rights to his own people.

And of course the usual internet thing of "If you call that homophobe an asshole you are just as bad as they are! Free speech! they can say what they want!"

red13th

It was amazing in that thread with people saying "If you mock him you are just as bad as him".
Yeah, because me calling the guy a hypocritical asshole is the same as him actively trying to deny rights to his own people.

And of course the usual internet thing of "If you call that homophobe an asshole you are just as bad as they are! Free speech! they can say what they want!"

I stopped clicking on LGBT threads because of those posts, they drive me insane. Also because they are usually linked to "you have to tolerate people actively trying to deny your rights otherwise you are as bad as they are". ugh I hate people.

EDIT oops top of the page, here's Alexis Sanchez. <3 <3 <3

I stopped clicking on LGBT threads because of those posts, they drive me insane. Also because they are usually linked to "you have to tolerate people actively trying to deny your rights otherwise you are as bad as they are". ugh I hate people.

EDIT oops top of the page, here's Alexis Sanchez. <3 <3 <3
look at this daddy hnnng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom