• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Switched back to IOS. I just didn't like android very much. The iPhone 6 is very nice. Too bad Apple products are a bit expensive for the specs, though I guess the resale value on them is great.

I don't have much experience with Android devices, but my dad has a macbook, an ipad, and iphone and an ipod. He's an Apple lover for some reason... and it always annoys me when he asks me for help about something related to his iphone or ipad ("why can't I see a picture I sent" or "how do I see older emails") and I really have no idea. I find iOS devices to be restrictive and confusing.

I prefer Android and Windows for their usability and ease of modifications. I can root my cell phone if need be and do various experimental things to it. iOS just feels like it controls the user, rather than the user being in control. Too many restrictions imo...

If you feel uncomfortable, then you shouldn't go. It's hard seeing your crush with someone else, and sometimes it's best to move on. But as kirbyfan, Pride is a wonderful event (although I've never gone to one) so you should consider attending if you haven't before.

You live close to DC or simply visiting for pride?

I live a few minutes from Richmond, VA, so a trip to DC is pretty easy and mostly depends on traffic for length.

I'm really not feeling so actively uncomfortable that I don't want to go, it's more like I'm worried about being more bothered by it than I feel at present (and have felt for the past 48 hours). It's part of why I've not given a definitive answer, and want to know when they need an answer by.

I think Pride is an experience worth having (even if I don't particularly enjoy it). I think humanizing the person he's dating also sounds like a good idea (though if the boyfriend is terrible...that might not be so good). However, spending all day with them sounds like it could be a bad thing if they tend to be PDAy or you find you're not comfortable. My suggestion: find a fourth wheel. Do you have any other (mutual?) friends you could invite (LGBT or not)? If not, what about the person whose house you're staying at—would they join you guys at the event? Even if you'd be meeting them for the first time, having that fourth person would probably be better than not.

EDIT: Something to keep in mind: you can always go to Pride another year, if you decide you would ultimately feel too uncomfortable spending a day around the couple. If you go with the fourth wheel, always keep in mind that you can split up at any point if you feel the need to do so.

A 4th person is definitely something to keep in mind, and I may ask about the person they're staying at as well. I have one or two friends that might consider going, but no mutual friends. We've only talked and hung out for a few months, and while I do know a couple of his friends, I think it's unlikely that one of those would come. It's more possible with other people he knows, but I haven't met them.

Splitting off is actually something I would likely do at some point either as a 3rd or 4th person. I'm definitely capable of enjoying some me time, and at a lengthy event such as that, I'd like some time to wander unrestricted and see what there is to see. The situation being as it is really only just insures that point.

And you're both right, if all else fails, then I can always check out an event another year.

Kevyt

I live a few minutes from Richmond, VA, so a trip to DC is pretty easy and mostly depends on traffic for length.

I think traffic should be okay, except for when you are driving in DC. Also, finding a parking spot is a nightmare. I prefer to use the bus and metro when in DC. Nice to see a lettersGaffer close by! :D

I don't have much experience with Android devices, but my dad has a macbook, an ipad, and iphone and an ipod. He's an Apple lover for some reason... and it always annoys me when he asks me for help about something related to his iphone or ipad ("why can't I see a picture I sent" or "how do I see older emails") and I really have no idea. I find iOS devices to be restrictive and confusing.

I prefer Android and Windows for their usability and ease of modifications. I can root my cell phone if need be and do various experimental things to it. iOS just feels like it controls the user, rather than the user being in control. Too many restrictions imo...

I like being controlled both by my OS and in other things.

But yeah some people desire more control and I get that.

DOWN

Banned

"The Man" is my bff

I think traffic should be okay, except for when you are driving in DC. Also, finding a parking spot is a nightmare. I prefer to use the bus and metro when in DC. Nice to see a lettersGaffer close by! :D

Yeah, it's best to park the car up and just use public transport when you're in the city. I assume you're in DC/Maryland/NoVa then?

Symphonia

Banned
Nah, mostly unsurprised. My local MP is the guy I voted for. Just, like, RIP NHS and me ever getting a job I suppose.
I wasn't mocking you, by the way, I'm just as pissed as you are. The fact that people want a privatised health service and higher uni fees, as well as widening the gap between the wealthy and poor, really baffles me. I do genuinely feel sorry for the younger people, though, they've been well and truly fucked. I might do a Katie Hopkins and leave the UK. See you in five years, guys.

VegiHam

I wasn't mocking you, by the way, I'm just as pissed as you are. The fact that people want a privatised health service and higher uni fees, as well as widening the gap between the wealthy and poor, really baffles me. I do genuinely feel sorry for the younger people, though, they've been well and truly fucked. I might do a Katie Hopkins and leave the UK. See you in five years, guys.

It's cool, I didn't think you were. I am the younger people and yup. Obviously my only solution now, since I don't have any dual nationality or country to go to or anything; is to become wealthy. How do I do that?

Symphonia

Banned
It's cool, I didn't think you were. I am the younger people and yup. Obviously my only solution now, since I don't have any dual nationality or country to go to or anything; is to become wealthy. How do I do that?
Offer your own private health service. It's the only way.

Symphonia

Banned
Ah crap, I knew I should've studied medicine. I mean what can you do with a Maths degree? Waste of time.
Well, seeing as there's now going to be more power to the corporations and bigger cuts to benefits, having a maths degree could come in handy. At least the Conservatives gave you that.

VegiHam

Well, seeing as there's now going to be more power to the corporations and bigger cuts to benefits, having a maths degree could come in handy. At least the Conservatives gave you that.

I just. Urgh. I suppose I'll just have to take the next five years as they come.
At the very least, the government can't take away alcahol. That's be suicide. So I'll always have the pub. And videogames. And my family....

EDIT: woah. woah. In my constituency 50,000 people voted but the guy I voted for won by just 93 votes. I literally actually made a difference. So that's uplifting.

Xaltheron

*Wakes up*
*Checks internet*

KBNcZ.gif

Razmos

I saw the absolute hottest guy while walking through town.
He had tanned skin, short black hair and he was wearing a loose white t-shirt that showed off all of his muscles and tight white sweatpants with a HUGE bulge going off to one side and a fantastic ass. His clothes were a little dirty and he was wearing safety boots so I guess he worked in construction or something.

Usually I'm very discreet when i'm checking out guys, but I literally couldn't tear my eyes away from him, it was nearly a religious experience. I wish I had photographic memory so I could just keep that image locked in my head.

We crossed paths twice as well so I got another chance to look at him and he was even hotter the second time (and closer!)

Stop me LettersGAF before I become a menace to society.

Also, Oh wow. My ex boyfriend from a few years ago text me last night at like 1:30am. I lost all my contacts a bit ago so I didn't know who's number it is until I added them as a contact and checked whatsapp. I guess I should try and message him back haha.

He had tanned skin, short black hair and he was wearing a loose white t-shirt that showed off all of his muscles and tight white sweatpants with a HUGE bulge going off to one side and a fantastic ass. His clothes were a little dirty and he was wearing safety boots so I guess he worked in construction or something.

Usually I'm very discreet when i'm checking out guys, but I literally couldn't tear my eyes away from him, it was nearly a religious experience. I wish I had photographic memory so I could just keep that image locked in my head.

We crossed paths twice as well so I got another chance to look at him and he was even hotter the second time (and closer!)

Also, Oh wow. My ex boyfriend from a few years ago text me last night at like 1:30am. I lost all my contacts a bit ago so I didn't know who's number it is until I added them as a contact and checked whatsapp. I guess I should try and message him back haha.
Are you on good terms with your ex?

Symphonia

Banned
It's always a weird feeling hearing from an ex you haven't spoke to in a while. You're never quite sure whether to be happy or sad, angry or upset, excited or nervous. One of life's little 'Ahaaaa!' moments, I guess.

Where are you?

Amalthea

Banned
Bought a 4-pack of B&J's mini ice creams. Wanted to eat the Toffee one first then realized it's Peanut Butter Cups instead!
Woohoo! 😄

Razmos

You should come to the Manc meet in June. Threads not up yet but I'll link when it is
:O
I should, I should!

It turns out my ex randomly texted me after nearly 3 years because he wanted to hook up. We got to talking and reminiscing and yeahhhh i'll probably be meeting him sometime soon. That's gonna be interesting.

Kevyt

Bought a 4-pack of B&J's mini ice creams. Wanted to eat the Toffee one first then realized it's Peanut Butter Cups instead!
Woohoo! 😄

Sugar rush! :p

Welcome to little USA. I sure hope Scotland becomes the Canada of the island. I sure as fuck wouldn't blame them if they became independent.

How bad are those right wing conservative parties? They're not as extreme as the ones in the US, are they?

For example, not so long ago, in Maryland a republican won so we have a republican governor. Maryland has always voted democrat since forever. It was a surprising turn of events. Everyone thought that the new governor would not be that bad. Until he started making cuts to education and striking down laws that protect LGBT people. I don't recall exactly what it was but he's showing his true colors.

It isn't that bad in there, right?

Razmos

How bad are those right wing conservative parties? They're not as extreme as the ones in the US, are they?

For example, not so long ago, in Maryland a republican won so we have a republican governor. Maryland has always voted democrat since forever. It was a surprising turn of events. Everyone thought that the new governor would not be that bad. Until he started making cuts to education and striking down laws that protect LGBT people. I don't recall exactly what it was but he's showing his true colors.

A member of UKIP once claimed that legalizing gay marriage caused floods.

No offense, but... America's too right-wing. Simply put, the Tories are another step in that direction. Their vision of the future seems inspired by your Republicans, and the longer they're in power, the closer they gradually get there. Sorry, but free healthcare and immigration are some of the BEST the UK has to offer, contrary to what the Tories tell us.

... Admittedly, Cameron DID legalise gay marriage, but who gives a shit when you can't afford a wedding. It's kinda like 'everyone will be equally poor!' for him.

Anyways, I'm just talking about the party that the UK just foolishly elected. There are other, more right-wing parties, even. And it's very possible that the whole country has shifted to a more right-wing narrative, like the US.

Symphonia

Banned
Welcome to little USA. I sure hope Scotland becomes the Canada of the island. I sure as fuck wouldn't blame them if they became independent.
If this country doesn't improve over the next few years - and I doubt it will with Cameron in charge - then I'll probably, actually move to Canada, ay.

I went to Gamestop yesterday and they had a 4 for 10 dollars sale so I got Batman Arkham City, Dead Island, Max Payne 3, and Mass Effect 2.
Needless to say Dead Island sucks so far.

Caladrius

I need a boot to the ass.

I was arrogant and thought I could get away with only studying the night before a test again

The test was a C at best

I'm somewhere between angry, depressed and disappointed, partially because I feel like I should be innately capable of more (this historically hasn't been a problem) and partially because I couldn't see past myself to try harder.

More reason to work harder, I suppose (well that and it's the goddamned final exam next).

I feel fatigued already and it's not even noon.

It's a nationalist party, Philistine behavior is like breathing for them.

How many Pokémon are made up of penises?

About 10, by my count.

The most important one is a legendary pokemon

(Which is one of my favorites but is sadly overshadowed by its more subtly dick-headed [and admittedly cooler] sibling)

Caladrius

My acne is making another resurgence, how annoying.

"I don't get it...
wait.."
hSbE0.gif

Every. Single. Time.

:lol

That is literally a penis with legs. Oh, Pokémon, I can't look at you in the same way ever again.

Keep in mind that there was a blackface monster from the word go. (Granted, they fixed that with Gold and Silver, but still)

I'm pretty sure it's multiple penises.

Let's see, penis-head, penis-knees, uncircumcised penis-tail, and purple erect penis strips

That's a lotta cock

Symphonia

Banned
I was just thinking that the head and neck are the shaft and head, respectively, and his shoulders are huge balls. But then you see his hips as balls, and his tail is a gigantic, pointy penis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom