• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTTP Dark Souls (currently $5 on Humble Store): oh gawd I suck. It's odd, I just recently re-played Demon's Souls :x What a mess of a port, too. I'm having fun, though :p

I hated Dark Souls so much when I started, I think I walked away from it for something like 6 months, but I went back to it and now it's one of my favorite games.

Kater

Banned
I tried that game myself not long ago, it's definately a humbling experience :p
I'm currently having my arse handed to me on Monster Hunter 4 High rank, I dread to think what G rank's going to be like >_>

Is it your first MH?

I'm at HR too at the moment but so far the only monster that was actual trouble was the Monoblos.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
bah my Manager went away and now I have to do his job for the next 3 weeks.

This is bad as:

1) I dislike this job already;
2) everything for next financial year will need to be decided during the next 3 weeks;
3) my director is having ridiculous thought bubbles, and demanding changes to everything at the last moment;
4) For some reason my team is getting caught doing work that should be done by other teams; and
5) 1/3 of my team will be away over the next three weeks.

Needless to say this is not the fun gay life TV presented to me growing up.

Razmos

Bernardo Velasco

tumblr_mk3h3tLI8Z1s24fslo1_500.gif
Hngggghhh

Also goddamn that Splatoon demo was fun.

Xaltheron

Is it your first MH?

I'm at HR too at the moment but so far the only monster that was actual trouble was the Monoblos.

Aye it's my first, I think the problem is how easily I breezed through LR, and the difficulty spike in HR just takes some getting used to. I don't lose as such, like I've never carted 3 times on a monster yet, but the battles take much longer than they used to.
I've also gone for an offensive set for my armour (Velociprey S set gemmed for Attack Up XL) so I pretty much need to dodge everything or die very quickly.

Symphonia

Banned
Good luck! ;)
Good luck!
Just got back from the paintball game. It was pretty intense but I had a load of fun, and so did he. There were four rounds with a team of ten of us. We did two rounds with each other and two against. I think I got him a few times, but I got 'naded by the opposition, which sucks. Come home for a shower and to relax for a bit, then I'm off round his for dinner and a drink.

Just got back from the paintball game. It was pretty intense but I had a load of fun, and so did he. There were four rounds with a team of ten of us. We did two rounds with each other and two against. I think I got him a few times, but I got 'naded by the opposition, which sucks. Come home for a shower and to relax for a bit, then I'm off round his for dinner and a drink.
Best of luck. :)

Razmos

Let us know how it goes!

I wish I could have played the Splatoon demo, but it seemed to happen at such weird times. They should have just made it available the entire weekend.

Oh, final hour is in a bit.. might can play that one.
It was guaranteed weird times for everyone at least once because they are trying to do it at optimal time for multiple timezones. The first test was good for Americans, but bad for me in the UK (4am-5am)

Xaltheron

Bring condoms ;)
/jk... or perhaps not

Glad to hear you guys had fun (I need to to try paintballing myself one day).

Kater

Banned
Aye it's my first, I think the problem is how easily I breezed through LR, and the difficulty spike in HR just takes some getting used to. I don't lose as such, like I've never carted 3 times on a monster yet, but the battles take much longer than they used to.
I've also gone for an offensive set for my armour (Velociprey S set gemmed for Attack Up XL) so I pretty much need to dodge everything or die very quickly.

You will also need some Earplugs for big monsters, I think. Since roars can be much more dangerous on HR since most monsters do follow-up attacks almost immediately afterwards.

What HR are you on, 4 or higher? I can help with HR 4 stuff, need to do some more there anyway to climb up to 5.

Xaltheron

You will also need some Earplugs for big monsters, I think. Since roars can be much more dangerous on HR since most monsters do follow-up attacks almost immediately afterwards.

What HR are you on, 4 or higher? I can help with HR 4 stuff, need to do some more there anyway to climb up to 5.

Yeah I'm Rank 4, haven't done any of the HR 4 quests yet, I've been mainly focusing on the Caravan quests.

I'd be up for it though if you wanted, I haven't actually touched the multiplayer aspect of the game yet.

Kinsei

Banned

How long are they taking? If it's longer than 10-15 minutes you;re doing something very, very wrong.

I don't feel good and have nobody to talk to.

Found out that guy I was dating from Chicago had sex with three guys and barebacked them.

I threw up sick.

Xaltheron

How long are they taking? If it's longer than 10-15 minutes you;re doing something very, very wrong.

It depends on the monster and how many times I've fought them. The easier monsters and the ones I'm more practiced on yeah, I can do within 15 minutes, but when I'm fighting something for the first time it's morelike 20-25 minutes.

I dunno whether it's worth taking advantage of elemental weaknesses (I'm using Longsword). Like I have other elemental weapons, but their base damage is lower, and I'm not sure whether their element damage is enough to make up for the lower raw damage.

Kater

Banned
Yeah I'm Rank 4, haven't done any of the HR 4 quests yet, I've been mainly focusing on the Caravan quests.

I'd be up for it though if you wanted, I haven't actually touched the multiplayer aspect of the game yet.
My FC is 3840 - 6113 - 5049. :)

It depends on the monster and how many times I've fought them. The easier monsters and the ones I'm more practiced on yeah, I can do within 15 minutes, but when I'm fighting something for the first time it's morelike 20-25 minutes.

I dunno whether it's worth taking advantage of elemental weaknesses (I'm using Longsword). Like I have other elemental weapons, but their base damage is lower, and I'm not sure whether their element damage is enough to make up for the lower raw damage.
Yeah, would be wise to take the creatures weaknesses to your advantage. So if you fight against a Tetsucabra for example you take a LS with Water Dmg since he's weak to water. You can make all of that out by looking at the stats of the armor you can make out of their materials.

Kevyt

I had a dream that I was watching a movie and cuddling with a guy. It felt so real... and I was disappointed when I realized within my dream that it was a dream and then I woke up. :(

Naomi Kyle from IGN did an interview talking about her role as a woman in the gaming industry, how games will change the world for LGBTs, and her trans sister. Pretty neat.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=163286764#post163286764

She's amazing, I love her. One of the few good editors IGN still has.

My such moment was playing Dino Crisis.
And I wish tham my sis was that cool... :/

That's one of my favorite games of all time. I remember being scared back then, so scared of the game for some reason but it was mysterious and intriguing I kept pushing.

I hated Dark Souls so much when I started, I think I walked away from it for something like 6 months, but I went back to it and now it's one of my favorite games.

I got the prepare to die edition for a discounted price, the first times playing the game I didn't know what to do and couldn't get past an area I got stuck on. I stopped playing the game for a while and then I played it back again and finished it recently. It's one of my favorite games. I hated it at first though.

bah my Manager went away and now I have to do his job for the next 3 weeks.

This is bad as:

1) I dislike this job already;
2) everything for next financial year will need to be decided during the next 3 weeks;
3) my director is having ridiculous thought bubbles, and demanding changes to everything at the last moment;
4) For some reason my team is getting caught doing work that should be done by other teams; and
5) 1/3 of my team will be away over the next three weeks.

Needless to say this is not the fun gay life TV presented to me growing up.

You could spice up things at work.

Amalthea

Banned
Just fought Monoblos in thebsolo campaign yesterday. Found him pretty weak but on the other hand I've never used online MP yet.

Kinsei

Banned
Small update on my housing situation: The house inspection is planned for Tuesday, and if all goes well we'll be moving in July 1st! The current residents have already found a new place, so everything is moving faster than anticipated.

1332 - 7806 - 5754

You wanna do it now or later? Anytime's fine by me.

Hey. let me know if you guys make it to rank 6 or higher. I don't want to join with completely overpowered weapons, but I'll definitely help when you reach the latter half or high rank.

Just fought Monoblos in thebsolo campaign yesterday. Found him pretty weak but on the other hand I've never used online MP yet.

Think of Monoblos as the blos tutorial. You'll face much tougher ones later on.

Kater

Banned
1332 - 7806 - 5754

You wanna do it now or later? Anytime's fine by me.
We can do a game now, sure. You mainly use LS? I mostly use either Glaive, Switchaxe or SnS.

Monoblos wrecked me because I didn't take advantage of his sensitive hearing (Sonic Bombs). Would be way easier when you can knock him out like that. And yeah, Online Monoblos is probably even tougher. s:

Hey. let me know if you guys make it to rank 6 or higher. I don't want to join with completely overpowered weapons, but I'll definitely help when you reach the latter half or high rank.

Will do. :) Will probably still take me another one or two weeks until I'm six and up.

Amalthea

Banned
That's one of my favorite games of all time. I remember being scared back then, so scared of the game for some reason but it was mysterious and intriguing I kept pushing.
Yeah kinda made the PSOne Resident Evil games pale in comparison since Velociraptors where a whole different level to Zombies.

Think of Monoblos as the blos tutorial. You'll face much tougher ones later on.
Hopefully, Caravan has been pretty harmless for me yet save for the Gore Magala fight.
I should play more online but I'm not used to that, always play like a fool when I know that others watch me.

Kinsei

Banned
We can do a game now, sure. You mainly use LS? I mostly use either Glaive, Switchaxe or SnS.

Monoblos wrecked me because I didn't take advantage of his sensitive hearing (Sonic Bombs). Would be way easier when you can knock him out like that. And yeah, Online Monoblos is probably even tougher. s:

Will do. :) Will probably still take me another one or two weeks until I'm six and up.

There is no Online Monoblos. Despite being in the series since the very first game, Monoblos has never been available in multiplayer.

Xaltheron

We can do a game now, sure. You mainly use LS? I mostly use either Glaive, Switchaxe or SnS. .

Yeah, I probably should change things up more often, but what can I say, I like what I know and I know what I like :p

Just trying to work out how to do it, do you need to create a Gathering Hall?

Kater

Banned
There is no Online Monoblos. Despite being in the series since the very first game, Monoblos has never been available in multiplayer.
O:
But I saw some multiplayer hunts with him as a target.

Or was that possibly Diablos hmm.

Yeah, I probably should change things up more often, but what can I say, I like what I know and I know what I like :p

Just trying to work out how to do it, do you need to create a Gathering Hall?
Click on the map on "Gathering Hall", change online status and then create a gathering hall. I think that is how it works.

Guys. There's a girl at the gym with the biggest booty (y). She sorta looks like Alexa Vega but cute

Nice. Enjoy your night!

Razmos

I've been really into this song recently after hearing it at the gym.

The singer is pretty cute too, he's usually not my type but I think he's sort of adorable in a twinky way.

Xaltheron

Nah, you did good. :)

Were the other two people friends of yours? There was one with a HR over 100, haha.

Would probably be a good idea if we'd set up a MH Skype Chat for the guys and girls here and from the Letter GAF Skype Chat so that we don't spam here too much about it. :p

Nah, they were randoms. I thought I'd made a private room, but apparently not. I was quickly trying to work out how the online Gathering Halls worked, it was kinda confusing though.

And yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea actually.
Okay something on-topic, quickly, uh...
I'm gay for your hunter! :p

And then there's also Diablos, Black Diablos etc.

The worst.

But so far Brachy, Jho and Monoblos are the only real threats for me.

Yeah, the two Diablos are basically the same as Monoblos, only worse. And then, there's a worse one still (but that's a slightly later mechanic, assuming you haven't yet done all the offline quests yet).

Have you tried any Elder Dragons asides from Shagaru? Or Rajang (basically a giant lightning minotaur lion monkey which is probably the toughest beastie in the game)?

EDIT: Anyone in the mood to play right now?

Kevyt

I'm surprised that Dark Souls II Scholar of the first sin is actually very good. It feels like a huge improvement over DS1 and vanilla.

Still, it doesn't fill the void that is not playing Bloodborne. :(

Who needs a girlfriend or boyfriend when you can play vidyagames like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter?

Thank you based Fromsoftware and Capcom.

Kater

Banned
Nah, they were randoms. I thought I'd made a private room, but apparently not. I was quickly trying to work out how the online Gathering Halls worked, it was kinda confusing though.

And yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea actually.
Okay something on-topic, quickly, uh...
I'm gay for your hunter! :p
It's okay. :p I don't really think you can make them private only anyway.

I will make one then. Write me a PM with your Skype nick so that I can add you. :) Kinsei and everyone else who wants to join are also free to, of course.

Yeah, the two Diablos are basically the same as Monoblos, only worse. And then, there's a worse one still (but that's a slightly later mechanic, assuming you haven't yet done all the offline quests yet).

Have you tried any Elder Dragons asides from Shagaru? Or Rajang (basically a giant lightning minotaur lion monkey which is probably the toughest beastie in the game)?

EDIT: Anyone in the mood to play right now?
Nah, only Shagaru. I think I will get another one soon in the village quests.

I'd be up to play later or tomorrow. :)

It's okay. :p I don't really think you can make them private only anyway.

I will make one then. Write me a PM with your Skype nick so that I can add you. :) Kinsei and everyone else who wants to join are also free to, of course.

Nah, only Shagaru. I think I will get another one soon in the village quests.

I'd be up to play later or tomorrow. :)

Ah. You'll have to get to HR7 to fight the elder dragons. Just curious, as they're among the toughest monsters in the game (Shagaru's probably the easiest of the lot!). Neat armour, though!

And sorry, I can only play tomorrow then, if at all. ;-;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't feel good and have nobody to talk to.

:| >:| :mad: #icant

Well, now I know Stealth doesn't like me. :| I've been worried sick about you and nope nothing until this thread. >:|

I hung up on him when he admited it. Hes called my phone 29 times since then.

Turn the phone off and go take a walk. If needed, unplug the computer (or router if wireless) and continue that for a week. Enjoy this time (or try to) by going on a walk on a beach or something.

:| >:| :mad: #icant

Well, now I know Stealth doesn't like me. :| I've been worried sick about you and nope nothing until this thread. >:|

Turn the phone off and go take a walk. If needed, unplug the computer (or router if wireless) and continue that for a week. Enjoy this time (or try to) by going on a walk on a beach or something.

I threw up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom