• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that Dark Souls II Scholar of the first sin is actually very good. It feels like a huge improvement over DS1 and vanilla.

Still, it doesn't fill the void that is not playing Bloodborne. :(

Who needs a girlfriend or boyfriend when you can play vidyagames like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter?

Thank you based Fromsoftware and Capcom.

Why are you surprised? I feel like GAF hates on Dark Souls II for some weird reasons... it's not a perfect game (and I prefer how the world was laid out in DS1 and even Bloodborne), but it's still fantastic. Lots of improvements with combat and such.

On a side note, I tried the Splatoon demo - surprisingly fun. I had little interest in it until now, but I'd like to be able to test it a bit more to see if it's a day 1 buy or a wait until later buy. Does it have local multiplayer in the full game?

Also, I've been playing Child of Light. Very charming game. :)

Razmos

Dinner and kisses and buttgrabs, oh my.
Awesome, glad it's working out :3

On a side note, I tried the Splatoon demo - surprisingly fun. I had little interest in it until now, but I'd like to be able to test it a bit more to see if it's a day 1 buy or a wait until later buy. Does it have local multiplayer in the full game?

Yeah, there is 1v1 local multiplayer, no local online multiplayer or anything like that though.

And Child of Light is awesome.

Yeah, there is 1v1 local multiplayer, no local online multiplayer or anything like that though.

And Child of Light is awesome.

Yay local multiplayer!

Awww, shit, you can't go online with a friend? :( That sucks MAJORLY... I'm not sure how any of those modes would work with just 2 people playing 1v1. :/ I feel like they have made some bizarre choices with the multiplayer in this game (2 maps every 4 hours for example.... wtf lol) They let you go online 2 players with Mario Kart and Smash Bros, why not this? :(

I'm not super far into Child of Light yet - just saved that first village (the crows/well/etc scenario). I really like the characters so far and the game is absolutely beautiful. Battles are fun and the music is fantastic (the battle music is amazing).

Kevyt

Dinner and kisses and buttgrabs, oh my.

Receipts.gif

I'm glad it went well! :D

Why are you surprised? I feel like GAF hates on Dark Souls II for some weird reasons... it's not a perfect game (and I prefer how the world was laid out in DS1 and even Bloodborne), but it's still fantastic. Lots of improvements with combat and such.

DSII is much easier though. You can summon an NPC for almost every battle. The bossses are very easy too. So far I'm in Iron Keep and have beaten every boss in my first or second attempt. That wasn't the case at all in Demons Souls, even Dark Souls I.

Or maybe, having played Demons Souls and Dark Souls it is much easier as I already know what to expect.

Everything else in Dark Souls II is a huge improvement, I agree. The netcode for PVP is much better. The environments feel richer and more detailed. The DX11 version (scholar of the first sin) is really beautiful.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yay local multiplayer!

Awww, shit, you can't go online with a friend? :( That sucks MAJORLY... I'm not sure how any of those modes would work with just 2 people playing 1v1. :/ I feel like they have made some bizarre choices with the multiplayer in this game (2 maps every 4 hours for example.... wtf lol) They let you go online 2 players with Mario Kart and Smash Bros, why not this? :(

The local multiplayer is a completely different mode probably for the reasons you envisioned (that the regular modes wouldn't work very well with 1v1). See this segment of this video for some footage/explanation of the 1v1 mode. We'll have to see if local co-op online ever gets added; I'm guessing it won't. I wouldn't be surprised if the engine can't handle doing online plus running two screens.

EDIT: I swapped out the video, since the other one doesn't fully explain the rules and how it works. They're showing you the GamePad screen in this clip, hence the low resolution.

Ty4on

I've been really into this song recently after hearing it at the gym.

The singer is pretty cute too, he's usually not my type but I think he's sort of adorable in a twinky way.

That's the only track on the radio that I listened to at work :p
The radio starts up before my phone connects to the car and I can start my podcasts.

daripad

Well, the last few weeks have been terrible. My sister committed suicide two weeks ago and now my father is insisting that I should go back to church, when he knows that I don't want any of that. As a consequence, I've been eating all day because I'm feeling anxious and I still don't feel comfortable with my physical appearance.

Sai-kun

Banned
jesus, dari, i'm so sorry for your loss. we're here for you. try to take care of yourself as best that you can <3 *hugs tight*

DSII is much easier though. You can summon an NPC for almost every battle. The bossses are very easy too. So far I'm in Iron Keep and have beaten every boss in my first or second attempt. That wasn't the case at all in Demons Souls, even Dark Souls I.

Or maybe, having played Demons Souls and Dark Souls it is much easier as I already know what to expect.

Everything else in Dark Souls II is a huge improvement, I agree. The netcode for PVP is much better. The environments feel richer and more detailed. The DX11 version (scholar of the first sin) is really beautiful.

Eh, I don't know if Dark Souls II was a lot easier for me personally. Demon's Souls was the easiest one for me - I coasted through that game. To be fair, I played it after Dark Souls 1, so I knew the basic mechanics. I'd rank Dark Souls 1 harder than DS2 which is harder than Demon's Souls. Bloodborne is kinda in the middle of all of those. I overleveled in that game unfortunately, so the last half was easier than the first half.

The local multiplayer is a completely different mode probably for the reasons you envisioned (that the regular modes wouldn't work very well with 1v1). See this segment of this video for some footage/explanation of the 1v1 mode. We'll have to see if local co-op online ever gets added; I'm guessing it won't. I wouldn't be surprised if the engine can't handle doing online plus running two screens.

EDIT: I swapped out the video, since the other one doesn't fully explain the rules and how it works. They're showing you the GamePad screen in this clip, hence the low resolution.

Thanks for the video! Hmm, that mode looks like it could be fun, but I'm assuming there's more than just that one game type? I'm still disappointed no online muliplayer with other ppl in the room.

Well, the last few weeks have been terrible. My sister committed suicide two weeks ago and now my father is insisting that I should go back to church, when he knows that I don't want any of that. As a consequence, I've been eating all day because I'm feeling anxious and I still don't feel comfortable with my physical appearance.

Oh god Dari, I'm so sorry. I had no clue about your sister. :( :( And I definitely wouldn't go to church if it's not something you won't. Your father shouldn't try to force you. Again, i'm so fucking sorry about your sister. :(

we're always here for you, remember you can shoot a pm anytime you want to talk. I hope things eventually get better for you dari *hugs*

Kater

Banned
Ah. You'll have to get to HR7 to fight the elder dragons. Just curious, as they're among the toughest monsters in the game (Shagaru's probably the easiest of the lot!). Neat armour, though!

And sorry, I can only play tomorrow then, if at all. ;-;

Hope you can make it. Would like to play some more with more experienced players, got lots to learn still. ^_^;

Also, I created the group now so if you (or anyone else who plays MH4U) wants to join simply write me a PM with your Skype nick and I'll add you. :)

That is just terrible Dari. ._.

If you want to talk, write me a PM on here or on Skype.

Xaltheron

I'm so sorry for your loss dari :(
I thought you'd been quiet lately, but I never suspected something that terrible had happened. As others have said, we're all here for you *hug*

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the video! Hmm, that mode looks like it could be fun, but I'm assuming there's more than just that one game type? I'm still disappointed no online muliplayer with other ppl in the room.

Pretty sure that's the only 1v1 mode that exists. Perhaps something could be added, but I think Nintendo's focus for DLC is going to be online stuff/gear (1st priority), missions (2nd priority), and local multiplayer (last priority). Who knows though. If it's successful, there's bound to be quite a few patches and updates.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I know there's not really anything I can say, but like others have said, we're here for you if you need us.

I don't know how you must be feeling, I'm assuming pretty terrible - so if I were you I would use that to my advantage; let it all out at the gym and work out like never before.

Headed there now. Been crying all day. Was in the shower and started wailing uncontrollably. Was very embarrassing.

Crayons

Banned

I'm very sorry for your loss

Kevyt

:(

I'm sorry for your loss Daripad. Please be strong. If you need to talk to anyone here you're more than welcome.

I know I've said it about a billion times already but I'm here for you buddy. :)

Dany

Banned
We are here for you. I'm so so sorry dari. You're father is in a bad space, ignore him.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any thoughts about Miley Cyrus's new charity push for homeless and LGBT youth? At first, I wasn't sure what to think, but I've been feeling more positive about it as she continues to post new videos. The fact that her most recent video is one where she essentially gives the stage to her guest (trans) singer was a very pleasant surprise.

Kevyt

Anyone have any thoughts about Miley Cyrus's new charity push for homeless and LGBT youth? At first, I wasn't sure what to think, but I've been feeling more positive about it as she continues to post new videos. The fact that her most recent video is one where she essentially gives the stage to her guest (trans) singer was a very pleasant surprise.

Founded by Miley Cyrus, The Happy Hippie Foundation is a nonprofit organization that rallies young people to fight injustice facing homelessyouth, LGBT youth, and other vulnerable populations.
Click here to find out more: http://happyhippies.org

cFlATddjdv3A4.gif

That's amazing. The song is really good. I never expected this from Miley Cyrus, but yaasss!!

my sincerest condolences dari *hugs* i cant imagine what you've been going through. I'm So so sorry for your loss. Remember PM, message skype FB anything message me, anyone here, this chat if you need us for any sort of thing.

My condolences daripad. I can't imagine what you are going through. As others have already said, the community is here for you if you need someone to talk to.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I hung up on him when he admited it. Hes called my phone 29 times since then.

Good. Don't let him try to weasel his way back into your life. You deserve better.

Headed there now. Been crying all day. Was in the shower and started wailing uncontrollably. Was very embarrassing.

It's perfectly normal, okay, and healthy to cry when something that upsetting occurs. Don't feel embarrassed.

Holy shit bro, that's awful. I'm sorry that's happened. Feel free to vent, cry on our shoulders, etc. in the thread. We're here for you. <3

RM8

I don't even know what to say :[ Man, you're going through rough times. Please stay strong. PM me if you need to talk.

Golnei

I had no idea about your sister; I'm sorry. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you.

Symphonia

Banned
Awesome, glad it's working out :3

Receipts.gif

I'm glad it went well! :D
Thank you both. It went very well. I got there for about 7:30 and was greeted at the door by his gorgeous face and a glass of merlot. We stood and talked in the kitchen while he finished cooking and then went to eat in the dining room. Chilli chicken pasta bake, nom. We then sat and talked and watched TV before hugging, kissing and butrgrabbing goodnight. Date #2 has already been booked.

Dari, I am so, so sorry to hear this. Losing someone, however it happens, is never easy. If you ever need to talk to someone, do not be afraid to drop me a line, and I'll do my best to be there for you.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I feel utterly worthless.

Because it can never be said enough times...like Ratsky said, you are certainly not, and it is a reflection of him.

This might be a tangent, but I want to say this, too, just in case: Allow yourself the time to grieve. Sometimes it's easy to think the inability to stand up straight and carry on immediately after hurtful and confusing events is a problem. It's not. It's just human and it's often needed. It does the body/mind/soul a favor when we do what it's asking for. It's a positive act. I wish you self-love in your recovery.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you both. It went very well. I got there for about 7:30 and was greeted at the door by his gorgeous face and a glass of merlot. We stood and talked in the kitchen while he finished cooking and then went to eat in the dining room. Chilli chicken pasta bake, nom. We then sat and talked and watched TV before hugging, kissing and butrgrabbing goodnight. Date #2 has already been booked.

It sounds like you had a fantastic night. That sounds really wonderful. Some recent songs by Beyoncé and Nick Jonas that talk about a certain emotion come to mind... But really, I'm happy for you. :)

Xaltheron

Wait he can cook? Hold onto him! :p

Aw I'm glad it went so well though, he sounds like an awesome guy.
Good luck with date 2 :)

Shit's hard.

I know that doesn't sound sympathetic, but you will move on. You'll learn from it, if you can, and use that next time.

Life's all about balance, sometimes you get crazies, and other times you get good guys.

I appreciate the kind words, but the fact he chose to have unprotected sex with complete strangers probably meant that I wasbt good enough.
I tried to go out to have revenge sex last night but couldn't. Too sad.

scarlet

I appreciate the kind words, but the fact he chose to have unprotected sex with complete strangers probably meant that I wasbt good enough.

I know you won't listen to anyone's words, but knowing your histories... Ah never mind

I hope you're feeling better

Razmos

Bullshit. people like that will want more no matter what. They'll do stuff like that no matter how perfect you are, because they are selfish, greedy assholes who can't see that what they've got is good.

This doesn't reflect on you at all, you did nothing wrong and there is nothing wrong with you.
You'll find someone who appreciates you far more than that asshole did, and you'll be the only one for them.

Symphonia

Banned
Wait he can cook? Hold onto him! :p

Aw I'm glad it went so well though, he sounds like an awesome guy.
Good luck with date 2 :)
Not only can he cook, he can cook damn well. I know pasta bake is a pretty simple dish but, my God, it tasted good. Had a nice kick to it, and the merlot (bear in mind I don't normally drink wine) complimented it perfectly. I'm looking forward to cooking for him, mind, though I've no idea what to do - could do my speciality, lasagne!

I appreciate the kind words, but the fact he chose to have unprotected sex with complete strangers probably meant that I wasbt good enough. I tried to go out to have revenge sex last night but couldn't. Too sad.
Do NOT fall in to the trap of blaming yourself. It's a slippery slope with no clear way back up. People like him, well, they think with their cocks. Put him under the "Can do better than him..." category, and move on. Find someone worth your time.

Vitanimus

uh what? no

it just means he's an dick and is no reflection of your character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom