• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
One photo in and I already know I lost this selfie game.

I kind of missed your photo the first time around. My opinion really doesn't matter on these things, but what I can see looks good to me! It reminds me of someone I had a thing for a little while back.

Symphonia

Banned
Go ahead and post one then. Can't win if you don't play.
I did in my previous post, ha.

IT's not a game about who is more attractive. That's dumb. Cyanidestrike, that is a cute photo of yourself. Don't beat yourself up nrt live yourself based on the standards of others.
But I always have done. I've recieved more than enough stick on GAF about my negativity regarding my personal appearance but I just can't seem to beat it down 100%. Meh.

Lol, don't worry im sure you didn't hsve your bf cheat on you three times with no condom.
Welp.

I kind of missed your photo the first time around. My opinion really doesn't matter on these things, but what I can see looks good to me! It reminds me of someone I had a thing for a little while back.
A potato?

daripad

I haven't had a good selfie in a while either. My face looks too fat now to look decent :(

What's the longest you have had a crush on someone? I'm already two years into the same guy and I can't get over him. One day I'll describe how he makes me feel, he is very cute, but he is very straight too lol

Son Of D

My last good selfie was probably the smiling one I posted a few pages ago. Need to get a more up to date one now I have a better camera.

But we're going to see Magic Mike XXL for your birthday! That's something to look forward to!

True, true. There is that. Excuse me I'm going to watch the first one again now.

DOWN

Banned
Y'all reminding me of the good gif

btedWwe.gif

Great phone
and everything else
I haven't had a good selfie in a while either. My face looks too fat now to look decent :(

What's the longest you have had a crush on someone? I'm already two years into the same guy and I can't get over him. One day I'll describe how he makes me feel, he is very cute, but he is very straight too lol
4-5 months maybe

Ty4on

Four-five years. Only one I've had as well.

DOWN

Banned
I've been on GAF for two years, haven't been very active in this section for some reason though, and have yet to share a selfie... This is from a couple months ago... Hair is longer and curlier now haha.

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/YeahYeahyeah6929/media/Photo 21_zpsugsqpvgs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Congrats on your first handsome thread selfie
One day I'll focus on my upper body more. lol
You look like you mean business with that outfit

*checks link* OMG I don't know how I skipped it before, you're very good looking ;)

Thanks. I feel like I'm somewhat attractive but I don't feel I'm good at doing selfies haha.

About the same for me, but sadly he doesn't seem to want much to do with me, even though one of his friends told me he had a crush on me a while back. I really should just move on, but he's super cute and nice, and loves videogames. So it's hard :(

daripad

Thanks. I feel like I'm somewhat attractive but I don't feel I'm good at doing selfies haha.

About the same for me, but sadly he doesn't seem to want much to do with me, even though one of his friends told me he had a crush on me a while back. I really should just move on, but he's super cute and nice, and loves videogames. So it's hard :(

Just smile and your selfies will be automatically better.

Well, at least you don't have a crush on a straight guy who has had a solid relationship with his girlfriend for 6 years :p Is there anything you can do with your crush? What makes you think that he lost interest in you?

Ty4on

How did you get over him?
The feelings were a bit on-off at the end so it wasn't that bad, but a big reason is that in the end we drifted off and I haven't seen him in a while.
We drifted off because we were never close friends, we usually only met in school and rarely talked alone. We did click every now and then, but at the end I felt like I forced myself a bit in on him and I was never really sure how much he enjoyed my company.
I can't recall exact emotions, but I remember the feelings dropping off at the end.

The first three years were pretty bad though. I was in the closet and 100% aware of every move I made to be as "normal" as possible.

Edit: And I promise that no girlfriend makes it way worse because there is always a chance...

Rayis

I get crushes on and off but if there's no interaction with the person I get over them fast, and even if there is interaction I can still get over it if I feel it is leading nowhere, I consider that a positive but brought about by a negative.

Just smile and your selfies will be automatically better.

Well, at least you don't have a crush on a straight guy who has had a solid relationship with his girlfriend for 6 years :p Is there anything you can do with your crush? What makes you think that he lost interest in you?

Oh believe me, I've had a crush on a straight guy before. It was one of my close friends in high school. I thought he might be bi, even if he was unaware, because there were these subtle signs. Anyway, nothing ever came of it and I moved on after a couple of years.

As far as this current dude goes, I've tried to get him to chill a few times, but something always happens where he can't. Also, we only ever talk if I text him. We have great conversations, but he'll never go out of his way to text me first. He insists that he's just horrible when it comes to communicating and getting back to people, but I know if he did have a vested interest in me he would make at least some kind of effort to talk to me.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing same-gender couples in public always makes me feel good inside. It makes me want to run up to them and yell, "I'm so happy for you! I love this! Yay!" Instead, I usually just end up awkwardly, furtively staring from a distance, which I believe has resulted a few times in people thinking I'm some homophobic jerk who's hating from afar. I guess I should start giving them a thumbs up or something.

Inspiration: A Youtube channel I watch (Mark and Ethan) recently posted a video in which the couple goes to NYC for the first time. It shows them holding hands in public, which gave me those feelings.

DOWN

Banned
Seeing same-gender couples in public always makes me feel good inside. It makes me want to run up to them and yell, "I'm so happy for you! I love this! Yay!" Instead, I usually just end up awkwardly, furtively staring from a distance, which I believe has resulted a few times in people thinking I'm some homophobic jerk who's hating from afar. I guess I should start giving them a thumbs up or something.

Inspiration: A Youtube channel I watch (Mark and Ethan) recently posted a video in which the couple goes to NYC for the first time. It shows them holding hands in public, which gave me those feelings.
I saw a gay couple holding hands walking in front of me and I stared because it was unusual but nice, and as they turned they looked at me and a few moments later stopped holding hands. I've always hoped they had some normal reason I didn't catch and they didn't think they were being judged or something.

Caladrius

EDIT: Didn't see the full context of the post (which isn't as bad as I thought it was) but I'm leaving this here anyway because I wanted to talk about it after some revelatory experiences this week.

To be perfectly blunt, there's also the fact that it's petty and egocentric to trivialize other peoples' problems because yours are worse in some manner. Shitty things are shitty things, they aren't graded on a shit-curve to be applied to your "my life sucks" report card.

The most valuable thing I learned this week was that there's always someone else whose lot in life is a lot worse than yours, but that doesn't make your problems any less important. There should be plenty of room for anybody to complain so long as they treat their problems proportionately and they're trying their best to deal with them.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to punch my waiter in the face for giving me a burnt skillet cookie

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Now if you'll excuse me I have to punch my waiter in the face for giving me a burnt skillet cookie

I'd never heard of a skillet cookie, but I had a guess for what it might be. Where I'm from, I think most people just call them pizookies, but that's mostly because we would get them at BJ's and the name ended up applying to all cookies like that. Glad to have learned a more general name for them!

daripad

The feelings were a bit on-off at the end so it wasn't that bad, but a big reason is that in the end we drifted off and I haven't seen him in a while.
We drifted off because we were never close friends, we usually only met in school and rarely talked alone. We did click every now and then, but at the end I felt like I forced myself a bit in on him and I was never really sure how much he enjoyed my company.
I can't recall exact emotions, but I remember the feelings dropping off at the end.

The first three years were pretty bad though. I was in the closet and 100% aware of every move I made to be as "normal" as possible.

Edit: And I promise that no girlfriend makes it way worse because there is always a chance...

The no girlfriend made it easy for me once. I thought one of my friends was gay and told him I had a crush on him. He rejected me obviously because he was straight but was cool with it. And feelings faded quickly. I think my problem with my current crush is that I'll probably never talk about my feelings for him and that silence is what is making me more addicted to him everyday. Doesn't help that he hugs a lot, smells nicely and everything he does is so perfect and carefully done and (the worst thing) he is my best friend.

Oh believe me, I've had a crush on a straight guy before. It was one of my close friends in high school. I thought he might be bi, even if he was unaware, because there were these subtle signs. Anyway, nothing ever came of it and I moved on after a couple of years.

As far as this current dude goes, I've tried to get him to chill a few times, but something always happens where he can't. Also, we only ever talk if I text him. We have great conversations, but he'll never go out of his way to text me first. He insists that he's just horrible when it comes to communicating and getting back to people, but I know if he did have a vested interest in me he would make at least some kind of effort to talk to me.

I guess a lot of guys are bi but never do anything about it. Or that's what I hope lol

Oh well, I hope you find a better crush (or, alternatively, someone who has a crush on you)

As of things that give me hope for the future, I think tumblr posts of gay couples have made me feel better in my loneliness. I love hose kind of pictures, specially since I very rarely see gay couples here because I live in a very homophobic area. Makes me realize that we need more exposure on media, I bet many young guys and girls struggle with their sexuality because they never see people like them in real life.

Caladrius

Trying to fix the form on my exercises. Been doing both of them wrong for over a year now and have to un-learn 'em.

Damn does the after-sensation of working your core feel good, though.

You aren't making a convincing argument....

(That's the joke!)

I'd never heard of a skillet cookie, but I had a guess for what it might be. Where I'm from, I think most people just call them pizookies, but that's mostly because we would get them at BJ's and the name ended up applying to all cookies like that. Glad to have learned a more general name for them!

The difference is mostly in size and consistency. (Pizza cookies require specialized ovens IIRC)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
As of things that give me hope for the future, I think tumblr posts of gay couples have made me feel better in my loneliness. I love hose kind of pictures, specially since I very rarely see gay couples here because I live in a very homophobic area. Makes me realize that we need more exposure on media, I bet many young guys and girls struggle with their sexuality because they never see people like them in real life.

Regarding more representation, definitely. I recently wrote a (creative writing) essay somewhat mourning the lack of representation I had growing up and the fact that those who could have filled that void hid themselves exactly because we were children. Having a closeted gay teacher give you sex ed and show you educational materials that tell you about your future feelings for girls is a sad thing to reflect on, for both me and (presumably) the teacher. If he were still alive today, I'd love to be able to talk to him about that.

VegiHam

I was in a restaurant the other week having dinner with some friends and three of the tables near us were different same sex couples. And I was like 'omg this is so weird, I'm surrounded by the gays' 'but I am the gays' 'OMG I'm surrounded by US, yay!'

Longest crush I've had was, uh, two years? Longer, technically, cus I still go a bit weird every time I see him but I now no longer like actively pine for him and it was years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom