• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Im not sure what to think, some classmates who i have been hanging out with a bit are making me uncomfortable, they are very outgoing and the girls always talking about their sex life, one day they started to question me about some simple things but i barely have any confidence and started to feel anxious, specially in groups.

Now thats normal i know, i just tried to answer, it was a bit difficult but they moved on to something else.

I really dont have a problem with how they act or what they say. but when im nervous i can barely make coherent sentences, tried to tell them this the next day. but they are saying how shitty is that people have a second face and started to categorize me as some religious idiot. i honestly dont know what to think, i felt a little angry because they only ever talked to me for like 15 minutes and act like they know all about me, but at the same time i could be to blame.

But what do you think? do people that mask themselves to hide their own insecurities are just hypocrites and assholes? or are they dealing with their own issues? maybe both?

Neither. Don't feel obligated to open up to people that aren't your friends. If they are your friends, then it's still your choice regardless of what they may think or say. They have to earn your trust and vice versa. If they're just talking about their sex life, then good for them that's their choice. If you don't disclose such information to them and they think bad of you, then let them. Don't let what other people think affect you.

You've only hung out with them for 15 minutes and they're already insulting you? Why would they call you a religious idiot? Seems like quite a leap. How exactly did you answer?

Anyway, everyone has insecurities. Some people are better at hiding them than others, but hiding them doesn't make you an asshole or a hypocrite, just human.

If groups scare you, just break away. You shouldn't feel obligated to be around them unless it's a challenge you want to face head-on by flinging yourself at it. If so, congrats and good luck.

Hi LettersGAF, how is everyone's day?

I have a long weekend ahead of me, but don't have any plan at the moment. At worst I'll just pile through my backlog. yay.

Im not sure what to think, some classmates who i have been hanging out with a bit are making me uncomfortable, they are very outgoing and the girls always talking about their sex life, one day they started to question me about some simple things but i barely have any confidence and started to feel anxious, specially in groups.

Now thats normal i know, i just tried to answer, it was a bit difficult but they moved on to something else.

I really dont have a problem with how they act or what they say. but when im nervous i can barely make coherent sentences, tried to tell them this the next day. but they are saying how shitty is that people have a second face and started to categorize me as some religious idiot. i honestly dont know what to think, i felt a little angry because they only ever talked to me for like 15 minutes and act like they know all about me, but at the same time i could be to blame.

But what do you think? do people that mask themselves to hide their own insecurities are just hypocrites and assholes? or are they dealing with their own issues? maybe both?

Don't let others' opinions of you define who you are.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Both for sure!
I still want to keep my hair long but I want to experiment with different cut styles and probably some layering with different colors.

i love irregular hair colors. i really would like to experiment with that as well someday

It can be fun for sure. Another thing you can try is the old "hot & cold", where you keep something warm such as coffee, tea or milk and some ice cubes nearby when you make out with your partner. Then hear and see them twist and turn as you go from a hot tongue to cold ice around their sensitive areas :)

youre just full of ideas arent you :p

Yeah, it's absolutely personal and that's how it should be in my opinion. My first tattoo was all about me finally being able to get away from an abusive situation in which everything from the way I talked, walked, ate, dressed or looked like was tightly controlled and any deviations were completely unacceptable.

Heck, I didn't get to even have earrings until I got away from that.

thank goodness you got away from all that!

The fact that I pretty much graduated high school today is starting to sink in lol

im gonna miss my best friend so bad ;_____;

gl bb

where r u going to college

8 THINGS GAY GUYS SHOULD START SAYING TO EACH OTHER (MORE OFTEN)

Guys, we deserve better. We deserve to treat ourselves and each other with more kindness. More love. There are so many gay men who treat other gay men with love and respect. I definitely want to acknowledge that.

But we, as individual gay men, can make our lives and lives of other gay men even richer, pleasant, and vibrant by choosing our words wisely and speaking from the heart. Here are 8 things I’d love to see gay men say more often to one another:

1. I’M PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE.
2. COME JOIN US.
3. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM LIFE?
4. HOW CAN I BE A BETTER FRIEND?
5. I’M A STRONG PERSON, BUT I’M HURTING RIGHT NOW.
6. I’M AFRAID OF OPENING UP.
7. CAN YOU GET OFF YOUR PHONE?!
8. ANYTHING POSITIVE OR ENCOURAGING.

imZS6AVhcxIFE.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can pry my phone out of my cold, dead hands.

Sevarus

That feel when you're gay and someone of the opposite sex is trying to ask you out...

It doesn't happen to me too often because I've usually mentioned my girlfriend or some other reference to being a lesbian early enough on that guys get the hint. But it just hasn't come up in conversation with this guy. Argh I'm so bad at this ><

Astral Dog

You've only hung out with them for 15 minutes and they're already insulting you? Why would they call you a religious idiot? Seems like quite a leap. How exactly did you answer?

Anyway, everyone has insecurities. Some people are better at hiding them than others, but hiding them doesn't make you an asshole or a hypocrite, just human.

If groups scare you, just break away. You shouldn't feel obligated to be around them unless it's a challenge you want to face head-on by flinging yourself at it. If so, congrats and good luck.

lol i could barely answer just said "no i dont have a girlfriend" , talked a little about myself and was going to say more but they just changed the subject, obviously noticed i was nervous.
The day after they made a little comment ("were you scared!), ok but then constantly bring up how i was weird/not normal and religious and more little things the next days, they never called me a religious idiot, but went in a little rant about that and said it kinda looking at me, so sorry if i said they did.

i mean i can feel comfortable around large groups , but three or more people looking and talking to me easily can make me nervous, specially if i dont know them, could be talking about anything really, not just this.
That feel when you're gay and someone of the opposite sex is trying to ask you out...

It doesn't happen to me too often because I've usually mentioned my girlfriend or some other reference to being a lesbian early enough on that guys get the hint. But it just hasn't come up in conversation with this guy. Argh I'm so bad at this ><
dont just drop the bomb.
leave little hints here and there, he is going to know sooner or later, have fun!
should understand after.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Where's most of lettersGAF from? I want us to have a meet-up. Southern California here. Just think of the debauchery we'd all cause together.

Bay Area/NorCal.

How did I not know about gay days in DISNEY WORLD

I've never had the chance to go (only been to Disney World a couple times), but I'm really glad it exists. The most recent times I've been to Disneyland I've seen gay couples on dates and walking around the park, and it makes me realize how much I want do that with a future (hypothetical/imaginary) partner. Disneyland and Disney was a big part of my family's culture and my upbringing and still is very important to me. It makes me feel warm just thinking about sharing that with someone.

Disney world has a gay day? Ewww... Disney should leave gays alone, their films aren't even good anymore, and they still win academy awards. Talk about an agenda!

DreamWorks ftw!!!

tumblr_m7ikhf0evv1qdmk7to1_400.gif

lol i could barely answer just said "no i dont have a girlfriend" , talked a little about myself and was going to say more but they just changed the subject, obviously noticed i was nervous.
The day after they made a little comment ("were you scared!), ok but then constantly bring up how i was weird/not normal and religious and more little things the next days, they never called me a religious idiot, but went in a little rant about that and said it kinda looking at me, so sorry if i said they did.

i mean i can feel comfortable around large groups , but three or more people looking and talking to me easily can make me nervous, specially if i dont know them, could be talking about anything really, not just this.

If I were you, if you can find the courage, I would simply say something like, "I'm not comfortable talking about that stuff and I don't feel comfortable when you talk about me in that way. Please respect that." Sometimes friends don't understand when their words are hurtful or they're going too far. Every time I've had friends tease me about something that I was really not comfortable about and I told them that it was hurtful, they quickly stopped and apologized. However, if your friends DO realize the harm and they continue anyway, then it's worth evaluating your friendship.

Sibylus

Banned

Perhaps asking him about his personal life and following up with a very literal explanation of how you and your gf are doing would be the most expedient way to go?

Ahasverus

You can't read the signals but you get what he means by his jokes? >.>

I'm not sure what kind of advice you need here. If you like him, go for it. Make your move.
It's like, I know sexual jokes more often than not mean a sexual intention, but it was that one time, he's very coy and weird, he texted me twice again today, I responded and he ignored those texts, I dunno, should I make a move? He doesn"t seem like a dick, but is he a dick? Should I try anything? If so what should I try?

Kevyt

NEVER!!!

YOU ALL ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE, EVERYONE OF YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!

HUMANS SUCK!!!

Humanity is an experiment gone completely awfully wrong. Blegh.

It's like, I know sexual jokes more often than not mean a sexual intention, but it was that one time, he's very coy and weird, he texted me twice again today, I responded and he ignored those texts, I dunno, should I make a move? He doesn"t seem like a dick, but is he a dick? Should I try anything? If so what should I try?

Depends on what he texted you and what you texted him back. If he did text you twice then it's obvious that he is interested, or at least he has some interests. Don't worry about him not replying. Some people are like that.

As I said, I really don't know much about how you two have interacted so far... but maybe you could ask him out for a coffee, or something? Aren't there Carnivals in Colombia by this time of the year? I mean if you really are interested, then invite him somewhere fun. There's lots of things to do in Colombia I'm sure, like carnivals. If I was you, I would just ask him out somewhere. Something like "Hey when are you free? Would you want to go to ____? Do you want to hang out and _____?" I dunno, it's up to you really to figure it out. :p

Caladrius

I forgot to give my phone number to my Trig classmate. Typical. I've tried friending him on Facebook but he hasn't accepted, which makes me wonder. He doesn't use the main site very much at all though (I see almost no posts) but I've seen him use messenger before, and I should think he would have gotten a notification for it or something.

Adding to all this is that during my incident last week I had left a note that alluded to him in passing (the note wasn't about him in specific, but I had mentioned a myriad of grievances), about the fact that I didn't think he actually cared about me, which makes me hesitate even further to try and contact him.

I really hope this isn't like last time. Though I suppose I deserve it a lot more than last time.

The fact that I pretty much graduated high school today is starting to sink in lol

im gonna miss my best friend so bad ;_____;

Congratulations

You must now reach out in earnest to people. your time will be short and it's up to you to make it valuable

Unlike how I've done it so far
In my defense there's no telling how long I'll get to stay anywhere. Not in my defense is that the amount of time shouldn't matter so much as what I do with it. Hrm

RM8

Guys, I'm feeling a bit uneasy. The closer my plan of studying abroad (for six months) gets, the more I doubt it's a good idea :( I'm kind of terrified of coming back with no job and no savings, and maybe this is not a plan for a 27 years old grandpa. I've never struggled with finding a job, I've grown far too comfortable with my routine, including my trustworthy but dead end job. What am I doing :x

DOWN

Banned
I'm in Orlando, FL usually.

Also, Fury Road with D Box seats was great. Every engine was pretty much directly linked to the chair rumble and then it coasted all over with the aerial shots and jerked around with the car flips. It was very cool and I think the engine effect sold it most so I think I'll be excited next time a car heavy movie rolls in again to try out.

How did I not know about gay days in DISNEY WORLD

Everyone come see me for gay days.

mantidor

scarlet

I only use scruff and growlr when I'm travelling. Don't have grindr nor jack'd, cuz my type of guys are using scruff or growlr.

I wish I could use it on daiky basis.

Caladrius

^ ...I want a piece of the action
Just thought I'd share this amusing coincidence that greeted me when I opened Grindr this morning.

Guy on the very bottom right looks like my best friend from middle school what the fuck

Guy above that would be modestly attractive if I didn't have the suspicion he was a married man.

Guys, I'm feeling a bit uneasy. The closer my plan of studying abroad (for six months) gets, the more I doubt it's a good idea :( I'm kind of terrified of coming back with no job and no savings, and maybe this is not a plan for a 27 years old grandpa. I've never struggled with finding a job, I've grown far too comfortable with my routine, including my trustworthy but dead end job. What am I doing :x

Do you not have anyone to come back to?

i love irregular hair colors. i really would like to experiment with that as well someday

Yeah, i'm probably going with some ombres like red, blue and purple.

youre just full of ideas arent you :p

Really? It's like the olderst trick in the book where I come from but hey, happy to have shared something new :)

thank goodness you got away from all that!

Yeah, it was pretty much "if you wear that then you're a slut!!" to just about everything. Earrings, hair bands, nail polish and I'm not even going to start on makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom