• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I strictly use Christian Mingle.

http://i.imgur.com/U9pRbmB.gif

I... I feel awkward in the pants. What is this, a Christian dating site that supports same-sex?
This has gotta be a photoshop

Though it explains the adorable ginger I know that went to gay bars in college.</notsostraightafterall>

Just thought I'd share this amusing coincidence that greeted me when I opened Grindr this morning.

You look nothing like I expected. My world is turned upside down.

DOWN

Banned
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/44274464b3/the-gay-christian-mingle

Cheyenne Jackson and David Burtka
6a00d8341c730253ef019aff2aac69970d-800wi

Caladrius

I... I feel awkward in the pants. What is this, a Christian dating site that supports same-sex?
This has gotta be a photoshop

It's from FunnyOrDie (Watermark is in the bottom-left)

EDIT: Oops

Forgive me, I'm exhausted

Yeah, but it's still pretty scary to come back jobless, and I kind of wonder if I should simply skip that part where I blow up a significant amount of money :x I really shouldn't be chickening out...

Can't get on yourself too badly about a lack of conviction. It is a very important life decision.

If you've at least told your parents about it beforehand, I don't think they'd get too upset at you trying to make a better life for yourself. And hey, your government job gave you work experience either way! Just a matter of whether or not you think the risk is worth the money.

Kevyt

You shouldn't generalize. It makes gayGAF lettersGAF sad.

Oh yes you're right. What is wrong with me...

I <3 <3 <3 generalizations. Come at me.

This post was brought to you from the guy that loves to argue nonstop for just about anything, using incendiary language, for no real reason.

Guys, do I buy Dragonball Xenoverse or The Order?

Help!

Dragonball xenoverse for the replay value.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
One of my "types" that I'm frequently attracted to matches my straight best friend on paper pretty much exactly. Thankfully, I've never really found him attractive, even though it seems like everyone who meets him does. Because of the overlap though, I've been hesitant to ever mention anything related to that type to him because it would honestly sound like I'm describing him. He's super cool and has wanted to play matchmaker for me for a while, but it still just would seem weird coming out of my mouth.
I think some minuscule part of me imagines a kind of classic gay panic as a response, but that's honestly not him at all.
Like I said though, this truly isn't a problem. I'm sharing because I find it kind of amusing and psychologically interesting that one of my types is basically him.

Razmos

Urh, I'm pretty sexually frustrated right now. I already decided this isn't a good time for me to have a boyfriend, but I could really do with some action.
I think as soon as I get back off holiday i'm messaging my ex and taking him up on that hot hook up action, and failing that, i'm going on Grindr. (despite what some of you might think about it).

Haven't had any action in a few months now. I've been stretches of 2+ years without action before, but I feel more frustrated now than I ever did then, weird. maybe i'm just lonely.

Sai-kun

Banned
Its fleet week here in NYC which means there's a ton of hot sailors everywheeerrreeee it's great my gf and I are both extremely pleased by this.

and we almost drunkenly invited one up to our room when we were getting back super late from a club.

Razmos

Well, I went swimming and the life guard was incredibly handsome, around my age, with medium length hair and great facial hair, wearing a tight yellow T-shirt and small red shorts with an amazing ass and bulge and his shirt was so short it would lift up whenever he did anything, including bending over.

The thirst has amplified, multiplied.

DOWN

Banned

He's really handsome in a good relationship way, but these sex appeal covers don't suit his image and personality for me. He generally seems very disconnected from the sex appeal idea, so I find him really attractive, but hard to call sexy.

Razmos

He's really handsome in a good relationship way, but these sex appeal covers don't suit his image and personality for me. He generally seems very disconnected from the sex appeal idea, so I find him really attractive, but hard to call sexy.
I have to agree with this, I find him handsome and altogether attractive, but I find it hard to consider him sexy.

Kevyt

One of my "types" that I'm frequently attracted to matches my straight best friend on paper pretty much exactly. Thankfully, I've never really found him attractive, even though it seems like everyone who meets him does. Because of the overlap though, I've been hesitant to ever mention anything related to that type to him because it would honestly sound like I'm describing him. He's super cool and has wanted to play matchmaker for me for a while, but it still just would seem weird coming out of my mouth.
I think some minuscule part of me imagines a kind of classic gay panic as a response, but that's honestly not him at all.
Like I said though, this truly isn't a problem. I'm sharing because I find it kind of amusing and psychologically interesting that one of my types is basically him.

Well who wouldn't want a best friend as a SO? I'm under the impression that first one must be friends with the person, then move onto something else. That's if there's attraction from both parties, of course. If you think about it, your SO is like your best friend. That's what I think.

Meh. Tbh I have no idea. It would be interesting to ask those who are in a relationship whether their SO's characteristics match those they seek in friends.

Sevarus

Perhaps asking him about his personal life and following up with a very literal explanation of how you and your gf are doing would be the most expedient way to go?

Good idea. We've talked a few times, whenever he catches me outside of class. He's one of those semi-awkward dudes who doesn't quite understand when to end a conversation, so it just kind of drags on as he randomly meanders into different topics.

I guess I could add him on FB. That would probably make things clear preeeeetty quick.

On a side note, it's really fascinating dropping into this thread and seeing talks about Grindr or hook-ups in general. That's something that I don't really encounter in the lesbian community, which kind of sucks. Too many lesbians getting into romantic relationships when they really just want to get laid.

VegiHam

Too many lesbians getting into romantic relationships when they really just want to get laid.
See this is a pattern I'd noticed but didn't feel well informed enough to actually talk about. It does seem like lesbians have way more relationship drama than dudes. Any insight into, like, why that is?

This post was brought to you from the guy that loves to argue nonstop for just about anything, using incendiary language, for no real reason.

If you don't consider "because it is fun" a real reason, then yeah it is for no real reason.

As they say, if you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. ;)

Kevyt

Urh, I'm pretty sexually frustrated right now. I already decided this isn't a good time for me to have a boyfriend, but I could really do with some action.
I think as soon as I get back off holiday i'm messaging my ex and taking him up on that hot hook up action, and failing that, i'm going on Grindr. (despite what some of you might think about it).

Haven't had any action in a few months now. I've been stretches of 2+ years without action before, but I feel more frustrated now than I ever did then, weird. maybe i'm just lonely.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll find someone. You won't have any trouble finding someone who suits your needs in Grindr, I'm sure. Be safe!

If you don't consider "because it is fun" a real reason, then yeah it is for no real reason.

As they say, if you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. ;)

Well I'd be damned if I deserved someone like you! Fate worse than death. I can already see it, constant arguing for little things... that would get boring. :p

For fun? I think the fun gets lost in the text.

Sevarus

See this is a pattern I'd noticed but didn't feel well informed enough to actually talk about. It does seem like lesbians have way more relationship drama than dudes. Any insight into, like, why that is?

I have no idea. The "brought a U-Haul to the 2nd date hurr hurrr" joke isn't too far off the mark, to be honest. Are women more prone to catching feels for people they sleep with?

After I broke up with my ex last year, I was really determined to get some no-strings-attached action. But I had no idea how to go about it! Was I supposed to just... go to a gay club... and stand around looking cool AF and hope some hot lady picked up on it? Go on OKC and wade through all the hairy vegans looking for eternal true love (not that there's anything wrong with being a hairy vegan; it's just not my thing) to try and find someone who just wanted to bone?

Symphonia

Banned
Just had a lesbian couple move in two doors down from me. Helped them move stuff in, invited them to mine for a cuppa, introduced them to the neighbourhood, and they said they would like to invite me to their housewarming dinner party. Not a loud music/keg kind of party, no. A formal classical music/wine dinner party. I'm just a little bit excited by this. I've always wanted a classy lesbian friend, and now I could have two. Which takes my total number of friends to...two.

Yay.

Xaltheron

It does seem like the opposite extreme for guys, sometimes I feel like a part of a handful of gays who have zero interest in hook ups.

Well who wouldn't want a best friend as a SO? I'm under the impression that first one must be friends with the person, then move onto something else. That's if there's attraction from both parties, of course. If you think about it, your SO is like your best friend. That's what I think.

Meh. Tbh I have no idea. It would be interesting to ask those who are in a relationship whether their SO's characteristics match those they seek in friends.

I'm not in a relationship, but I agree that if you were looking for something long-term, then I'd say it's important to have a more friendly connection with them too and be able to get along outside of the bedroom. Those initial sparks don't last forever, and if there's not much else left once they die down, then the relationship isn't going to last very long.

And the qualities I seek in potential boyfriends are pretty similar to those I seek in friends, come to think of it :p

Dany

Banned
Its fleet week here in NYC which means there's a ton of hot sailors everywheeerrreeee it's great my gf and I are both extremely pleased by this.

and we almost drunkenly invited one up to our room when we were getting back super late from a club.

GET DAT

Rayis

I actually would prefer a relationship instead of a hookup but I also do want to hookup just to have a sexual experience, I want to get the sex part out of the way, however, I don't think I'd go beyond oral or masturbation, don't want to go ALL the way with a stranger.

At the same time I find it terrifying to put myself out there on one of those gay apps, strangers are just so scary to me, especially when they want nothing but your dick.

Sibylus

Banned
Good idea. We've talked a few times, whenever he catches me outside of class. He's one of those semi-awkward dudes who doesn't quite understand when to end a conversation, so it just kind of drags on as he randomly meanders into different topics.

I guess I could add him on FB. That would probably make things clear preeeeetty quick.

On a side note, it's really fascinating dropping into this thread and seeing talks about Grindr or hook-ups in general. That's something that I don't really encounter in the lesbian community, which kind of sucks. Too many lesbians getting into romantic relationships when they really just want to get laid.
I have no idea. The "brought a U-Haul to the 2nd date hurr hurrr" joke isn't too far off the mark, to be honest. Are women more prone to catching feels for people they sleep with?

After I broke up with my ex last year, I was really determined to get some no-strings-attached action. But I had no idea how to go about it! Was I supposed to just... go to a gay club... and stand around looking cool AF and hope some hot lady picked up on it? Go on OKC and wade through all the hairy vegans looking for eternal true love (not that there's anything wrong with being a hairy vegan; it's just not my thing) to try and find someone who just wanted to bone?
I have very little experience in this regard, but friends with benefits was the initial terms upon which my current relationship was embarked upon (both ladies).

... and then mutual feels were kinda caught with a swiftness and yeah, lol. I'm very happy with how things have developed, though :)

Alrus

I have very little experience in this regard, but friends with benefits was the initial terms upon which my current relationship was embarked upon (both ladies).

... and then mutual feels were kinda caught with a swiftness and yeah, lol. I'm very happy with how things have developed, though :)

This is one of the only story I've ever heard when the friends with benefits thing didn't turn out to be catastrophic for one of the involved party. Good for you :)

Also Tom Hardy is adorable AND hot at the same time, beats Chris Pratt for me :p

CFkHtqTWMAAKxjb.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
This is one of the only story I've ever heard when the friends with benefits thing didn't turn out to be catastrophic for one of the involved party. Good for you :)
Thanks Alrus :). Communication, communication, communication. Have to enter into the relationship on the same terms and communicate when/if those change!

Vitanimus

Also Tom Hardy is adorable AND hot at the same time, beats Chris Pratt for me :p

CFkHtqTWMAAKxjb.jpg

he's also quite thique

iR4dy5Lb8B7Se.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Ooooooh yes. He's a very attractive guy and quickly became my current "lead male" action movie actor. I think he's most attractive when he's not trying to be sexy though. That photo is kind of making him that way, but I prefer when he's more "accidentally hot."

I hadn't even thought about emotional compatibility; I was really just talking about physical qualities. However, I agree that it's important to have your partner be your best friend. Thinking about this particular friend...we have some things that are very much in common, and other aspects that are completely opposed (to the point where people used to repeatedly question how/why we became friends). Your post also made me reflect and realize that we're pretty different with each other than we are with our other friends. I don't think we actively enjoy each other's "other friends" persona, but thinking about it now, I actually think our other personas might be really similar (just not compatible with ourselves). Huh, your post got me thinking a lot about my friendship.

DOWN

Banned
Tom Hardy has always given me "one of us" teas tbh

Though I must say...facial hair does not agree with him.

iirc, he supposedly said he had a girlfriend at the time of interview but had been with men before. but then his PR said he was speaking in character but no one knows what bi character he would have been talking about at the time.

EDIT: here's one version of it http://www.queerty.com/tom-hardy-has-dated-men-but-wont-bottom-20110912

So I guess maybe he's done a bit with men? Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom