• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

So, with the recent events going on in my life, I started doing some basic writing about my life and my thoughts. I showed my best written portion to some friends (which was about my super long straight crush) and they said it was very good. it feels so good

Edit: oh, good evening btw

Hi Daripad! I'm glad you're doing better. Writing can be a great way to cope with difficulties and healing yourself. Writing is very powerful. Oh, and now I'm intrigued. o:

Let's be kinder to one another before moderation staff feels the need to intervene.

I got you babe. <3

Kinda buuut I'm pretty sure he is getting sexier haha i'd post a photo but that would be creepy. You might be right though, who knows, we have a nice sincere friendship and O'm by no means pursuing something, but god know he hits all my physical notes.

Is he single? And if you are single, then go for it! You know what they say, en donde huvo fuego, cenizas hay! :)

Edit: oops I think it's the other way around.

daripad

Receiving compliments on artistic crafts of any kind (e.g., writing, music, studio arts, etc.) feels wonderful. Congrats! I hope the writing has been helpful. It certainly is for me.

Yes, it really is. Specially since I feel like I have no talents at all, it made me feel so good and the writing process has helped me venting and crying while doing it

Writing is such a good and constructive thing, thats wonderful that you've gotten really good feed back from it! Good to see you Dari :)

Hi Chronos :) ugh, I don't know why Skype crashes every device that I use it in, I wish I could talk to you guys more frequently

Hi Daripad! I'm glad you're doing better. Writing can be a great way to cope with difficulties and healing yourself. Writing is very powerful. Oh, and now I'm intrigued. o:

It's written hubo btw :p

Sagitario

Anyone knows what movie is this scene from?

tumblr_movbl85or51qez3reo4_250.gif
tumblr_movbl85or51qez3reo3_250.gif
tumblr_mf5cs4qP1w1ql8i2xo3_250.gif
tumblr_m4lykyVCEX1qhekpro1_250.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Sagitario

¡Gracias!

I rented the Not Another Teen Movie DVD during high school and I remember watching the banana split scene over and over again :p (I didn't have much access to media with [nearly] naked men back then).

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Sheesh, we've apparently had the worst timing with this engagement ring.

I opted to get one custom made locally, and since I wasn't positive about my partner's ring size, it was going to be just a plain band to start and then resized with a diamond set in after I popped the question. The band came a couple days after we got back from a trip to LA, but then I came down with the flu for almost three weeks and obviously didn't want to propose in that condition... Once that passed, I did ask and he said yes (a foregone conclusion, hah, but I wanted to make the gesture anyway!) but now the jeweler is out of town on vacation for a while, so we have to wait around three full weeks before the ring will actually get finished. It's really not a big deal, but we haven't told anyone at all yet since we'd like to actually have something to show for my efforts. ;)
A series of reactions.

• Nice!
  • Oh no!
  • Awesometastic!! You're fiancees now!
  • Sigh, more waiting
  • It's no fun if it's always easy!

Mr. and Mr. Bus. :3

How did you two meet?

3phemeral

it pretty much is
:3

Oh.... lol

I opted to get one custom made locally, and since I wasn't positive about my partner's ring size, it was going to be just a plain band to start and then resized with a diamond set in after I popped the question. The band came a couple days after we got back from a trip to LA, but then I came down with the flu for almost three weeks and obviously didn't want to propose in that condition... Once that passed, I did ask and he said yes (a foregone conclusion, hah, but I wanted to make the gesture anyway!) but now the jeweler is out of town on vacation for a while, so we have to wait around three full weeks before the ring will actually get finished. It's really not a big deal, but we haven't told anyone at all yet since we'd like to actually have something to show for my efforts. ;)

Congrats! I know we haven't really had much in common really since defecting from NextGen forums until now, but from out old discussions about you're finally coming out and finally feeling comfortable with yourself, it's amazing to watch from then until now how life has done well for you. I'm happy for you, man!

Sagitario

Just read this.
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you, hotarubi! :3

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Thanks for the well wishes, everybody :) Even though I don't spend nearly the time on here as I did in the past, 16+ years on the different incarnations of GAF means I certainly still have some connection here and it's heartwarming to know some people actually remember my ups and downs from way, way back.

hateradio: I was fairly certain I had seen him at the gym, then later ended up finding and talking to him on OK Cupid. Now I've done a lot of new things and visited numerous cities that I most likely would not have otherwise. Can't imagine being at this point in my life without him.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Reading these posts makes me realize that the GAF community has some serious history. That's pretty special. It makes me feel fuzzy inside. :)

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody :) Even though I don't spend nearly the time on here as I did in the past, 16+ years on the different incarnations of GAF means I certainly still have some connection here and it's heartwarming to know some people actually remember my ups and downs from way, way back.

hateradio: I was fairly certain I had seen him at the gym, then later ended up finding and talking to him on OK Cupid. Now I've done a lot of new things and visited numerous cities that I most likely would not have otherwise. Can't imagine being at this point in my life without him.
Awww, I know I don't know you as well as some people here. But what you have here is so special. Seriously, congrats you lucky man. :)

Amalthea

Banned
Mornin'
Reading the last few pages it seems like things got a wee bit heathed while the Voices of Reason (aka Europeans) were away.
Glad everything is now back to its normal, bare chested Chris Evans-ways.

Razmos

who is the top then
A hot hairy geeky otter who is great in bed ;)

Mornin'
Reading the last few pages it seems like things got a wee bit heathed while the Voices of Reason (aka Europeans) were away.
Glad everything is now back to its normal, bare chested Chris Evans-ways.
I know right, night time LettersGAF is scary. It's like us Europeans keep the bitchiest members at bay.

We are the Nights Watch of LettersGAF.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
A cool story I hadn't heard about covered by Ellen (trans man potentially becoming a cover model for Men's Health): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujYm465ntY

Mainstream awareness and acceptance in the US is changing soooo fast. Of course, there are tons of things that still need to happen, globally and within the US (some of which will only happen with time), but this kind of stuff surprises me, given where we were at 10 years ago.

Kater

Banned
Kater!! :D You reminded me of the last time I shipped letterGaffers. I would really love to ship you all once again, considering that we have new members!

Guys, can I ship you all? If you don't mind me shipping you, say yes. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or be like "why am I being shipped" (looking at you Ratsky). So yeah. :p

I wanna ship again! This time I won't miss anyone!
No need for shipping anymore for me. ;)

Khajiitbros!

:3

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of how far we've come in 10 years, that was me in '03 on the left:
http://imgur.com/5P7eVGO
Life was horrible, it's the most I tried to smile in my teens.

I just want to second everything Razmos said: 1) You're very pretty! Also, I'm liking your modern-day outfit a lot. 2) Success stories are the best. I'm happy you're one of them.

Amalthea

Banned
You are happy, healthy and of course, still with us. It's definitely a success story :)
That's true. Back in the day I was constantly in pain and suicidal.

EDIT: More than anything else this kept me alive then.

bAZT0oy.jpg

"You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free be free
Surrender your ego - be free, be free to yourself" &#128546;

alvmew

It's been a long day. Lately I've been trying to eat healthier and excersise more often. It's been going well but I'm more tired now. :/

Ugh I know that feel. Been going hardcore on a cyclical ketogenic diet (super low carb) for the last month and the first week was absolute hell in terms of energy.

On that front though, I've officially lost about 40 pounds since January 1st. :3

And I have a guy who I guess is my FWB, he came over yesterday for the first time in months and first thing he said was that I looked great due to the dieting and exercise so yay for that little confidence boost. Now if only I hadn't slept in this morning and skipped on the gym..... Lol

Xaltheron

Yuss :3

You might have seen him comment in here already.

I'd still need someone to give me some affection tho. :( Cat can't live from meals and sleep alone.

Aw I'm happy for you guys ^_^

So this makes another Gaf couple? Who needs OkCupid when you've got LettersGAF.

alvmew

Aw I'm happy for you guys ^_^

So this makes another Gaf couple? Who needs OkCupid when you've got LettersGAF.

I'm ready to find my LettersGAF soul mate :3

per the advice of some people in the thread a week or two ago, I took myself off of OKC and such for the moment. Blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom