• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, we're still cool, right? Like I'm not annoying you guys or anything?
I never really know with people in general so I thought I'd ask.

Fight Club is one of the best homoerotic movies ever made.

True.

pGBgIvK.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
My friend likes to play matchmaker. Today, she messages me saying "I hope this is ok" with a screenshot of her texting a guy to ask if he'd like to meet a "male friend" of hers for a made-up platonic reason. This is someone I'd seen a couple photos of back in 2014 after she met him on a date (yes, they met on a date) and decided he wasn't for me (if I'm being shallow and just judging visually). It's not confirmed he's interested in men and I'm about to enter finals week., so I ask her to just drop it and let him forget about it. Her immediate response: "Ok, I'm going to send him your phone number."

I don't understand my friends sometimes...

Note: Nothing against the guy, it would not be the end of the world to meet him, etc. I just find this this progression simultaneously frustrating and amusing. I also told her that she needs to be upfront with him about her motivation for having us meet if this were to happen.

Kevyt

My friend likes to play matchmaker. Today, she messages me saying "I hope this is ok" with a screenshot of her texting a guy to ask if he'd like to meet a "male friend" of hers for a made-up platonic reason. This is someone I'd seen a couple photos of back in 2014 after she met him on a date (yes, they met on a date) and decided he wasn't for me (if I'm being shallow and just judging visually). It's not confirmed he's interested in men and I'm about to enter finals week., so I ask her to just drop it and let him forget about it. Her immediate response: "Ok, I'm going to send him your phone number."

I don't understand my friends sometimes...

Note: Nothing against the guy, it would not be the end of the world to meet him, etc. I just find this this progression simultaneously frustrating and amusing. I also told her that she needs to be upfront with him about her motivation for having us meet if this were to happen.

You're a full member, congrats!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You're a full member, congrats!

At first I thought you meant member as in "member of the LGBT+ tribe," which made me think that my experience was an unknown rite of passage. I was quite confused for a moment. Thanks! :)

I did the Stereotyped Gay quiz. Got the "Gay Bestie" one. A pretty spot-on description with probably accurate pros and cons (fears).

Yeah, well I do know why people have sex. Down pretty much nails it:

But my thing perhaps stems from the idea that a threesome is foreign to me that it seems intimidating and weird. It's like I was always taught that monogamy is the best way to go, and a bunch of religious mumble jumble, like premarital sex and stuff. All of this had an impact on my perception of things, but this doesn't mean that I am close minded, it's just that the idea of myself engaging with multiple sex partners seems uh... weird to me, like it's something that I'm not supposed to do. Only monogamous sex. It's hard to explain.

Even as an atheist, it's hard to shake off 20 years of religiosity.

You still have feelings for your ex don't you? Maybe it's a little bit of obsession too. Reverse psychology? The fact that you can't have him, or he isn't yours (as in being in a relationship with him) makes him much more appealing. I dunno.
That part is easy I did it in under a month at age 8 :p

Bladenic

So is it just me, or does a noticeable number of gay people have a thing for astrology and how it's supposed to show compatibility?

I see it a lot on dating apps or many gays seem to put their sign like on their Instagram profiles, but I don't know anyone in person that follows that. It's interesting for sure, but that's about it IMO

DOWN

Banned
I am not into astrology at all, but as a fun fact, my friend's mother is really into it and she does these detailed 3 part readings using some book. She got mine together, but of the 3 parts, part 2 in the book just said "Skip this part for you." I believe she said I was the only one who was told to skip a third of it.

Neutral gay, indeed.

So is it just me, or does a noticeable number of gay people have a thing for astrology and how it's supposed to show compatibility?

Someone believing in astrology is a relationship killer for me, especially if they use it as a basis for relationships. And in my experience, women and gay men are the groups most likely to have astrology believers.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
glaringly Hardcore McDonald's user for life

BEVR2cNl.jpg

been planning this response for DAYS. No shame.

Note to self: Never cross DOWN—he will never forget.

What is happening here? Summon? That looks...odd.

Hey guys, I was just wondering, we're still cool, right? Like I'm not annoying you guys or anything?
I never really know with people in general so I thought I'd ask.

You're cool with me!

alvmew

I hope you find someone soon. Don't lose hope.

Thanks! :)

I got flamboyant gay. Which is bullshit.

I mean yeah I'm a total bottom, but that's really the only thing from their description that fit lol

Here take this quiz:

What Famous Man is Your Soulmate?

Got Jake Gyllenhaal

I got Ryan Gosling.

Every one of my close irl friends knows he's my ultimate celebrity crush. So fuck yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom