• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
8f8a0037a4aa877caa3e0eb012889007.png

<3 <3 <3

I'm a squid now.

Love this.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks guys. McDonald's really does make a guy feel alive
at the negligible cost of a reduced total time to feel alive due to heavy salts and fats.

8f8a0037a4aa877caa3e0eb012889007.png

<3 <3 <3

I'm a squid now.

Not into Splatoon, but you wear it well nonetheless.

Mumei

Ratsky: Well, they are from Tumblr so you can at least write a fic about them being LGBT elephants.

Adorable.

How have you been? Read anything interesting this week?

You should make an account on Goodreads and add me, and you'll get daily updates. ;)

And yes, I finished reading The Blind Owl by Sadegh Hedayat, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, and Dead Endings by Jessica Chavez. You should get Dead Endings; you'll be supporting someone from GAF and it is a fun read.

I'm currently reading The Forbidden Worlds of Haruki Murakami by Matthew Carl Strecher, which is basically a close reading / synthesis of Murakami's work in order to form a coherent theory about his use of the metaphysical. It's very interesting. I should read more literary criticism, because I've almost always found it rewarding.

Kevyt

That moment when the guy you've been texting with for over a month gives you a call, by mistake...

I think he's dating a guy from one of my classes. Good for them, I feel happy for him yet sad at the same time.

You should make an account on Goodreads and add me, and you'll get daily updates. ;)

And yes, I finished reading The Blind Owl by Sadegh Hedayat, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, and Dead Endings by Jessica Chavez. You should get Dead Endings; you'll be supporting someone from GAF and it is a fun read.

I'm currently reading The Forbidden Worlds of Haruki Murakami by Matthew Carl Strecher, which is basically a close reading / synthesis of Murakami's work in order to form a coherent theory about his use of the metaphysical. It's very interesting. I should read more literary criticism, because I've almost always found it rewarding.

I'll add you on Goodreads then to stalk follow you.

You are a fast reader. How many hours a day do you read? More so, how many words can you read per minute?

I am intrigued on Dead Endings since it was written by a gaffer. I'll look into it. It's going to be a long summer this time so I'll dive into the world of literature.

Ah, the old "make myself cuter by posing with a dog" trick. You even stole your friends dog to do it!

I once saw in TV, I think, an explanation for people taking pictures with their pets and how this is good in the dating world. It is said that for men and women it makes them seem like they are capable of taking care of someone else other than themselves, appear less selfish, and show that they are able to provide stability (somehow). All of this just by taking a picture with their pet. Supposedly.

I think selfies with pets are a huge hit in the dating world. I dunno.

Razmos

Plot Twist!
Screen-shot-2015-05-28-at-9.29.57-AM-360x266.png

Romance is in the air on this season of The Bachelorette. The popular ABC reality show just took a super gay turn.
This season&#8217;s lady, Kaitlyn Bristowe, thought she had found a potential match. She gave her first one-on-one rose to Clint Arlis. But her heart was quickly broken when he declared his love for another man&#8230; His fellow contestant JJ Lane.
Gasp!
&#8220;It&#8217;s absolutely insane,&#8221; Arlis, who always thought of himself as straight, said during his on-camera interview before dropping the bomb to Bristowe. &#8220;I never thought that I&#8217;d meet somebody like that. Falling in love with a man never crossed my mind.&#8221;
There&#8217;s a first time for everything, right?
Arlis then went on to explain that he and Lane had &#8220;grown very close to each other in the shower.&#8221;
Unfortunately, those scenes were not captured by the camera crew, so we&#8217;ll just have to take his word on it.

Looking for: CCTV footage of that shower

Mumei

Ratsky, I actually haven't seen Avatar in five years so I've forgot how they work beyond being vaguely USB-y. :(

I'll add you on Goodreads then to stalk follow you.

You are a fast reader. How many hours a day do you read? More so, how many words can you read per minute?

I am intrigued on Dead Endings since it was written by a gaffer. I'll look into it. It's going to be a long summer this time so I'll dive into the world of literature.

I have taken a couple reading tests, but I don't know how accurate they are. The very fact that it is a reading test sort of encourages you to try to read faster than normal, but it's also true that people tend to read more slowly on screen than print, so I don't know. I have gotten ~600 - 750 on "How fast do you read?" tests, but I imagine that on harder stuff I read in the real world I'm more like half that.

And it varies. At least an hour, with most days getting more.

Goodreads profile~

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I must have the worst gaydar. Saw a guy at the gym and figured he was straight. Then I eventually saw the back of his tank, which said something like "WORLD'S ORIGINAL GAY CONDOM." I mean, he could be straight and just work for the company/have seen them at a job fair...

Sometimes it's easy to tell. Sometimes I'm way off. Eye contact seems to say the most (didn't make eye contact with this gym guy), but even that doesn't help sometimes. Then there's the people who seem to have all kinds of indicators (clothing, mannerisms, a bit touchy, etc.), and then you learn you're wrong and you just stereotyped them so much.

We should just wear signs.

Razmos

Razmos is just the cutest ever.

In other news, I finally splashed out and got my PS4. Let me bask.
heh, thank you. Little would you guess that despite the cute appearance I posted my goods for all of letterGAF to see.

Grats on the purchase. I'm planning on buying one for myself, in a year or two. All I want for it is Final Fantasy XV, Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3, and none of them are being released for a long while.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed, and they should be easily spotted so it should something simple and graphic, maybe in some bright colour? How about:
220px-Pink_triangle.svg.png

Yes this is a facetious post

Yeah, I know it has a bad history...but I think there's some merit to the idea! Without the crimes against humanity... I guess apps like Grindr and locations like gay bars and clubs are the solution people use.

heh, thank you. Little would you guess that despite the cute appearance I posted my goods for all of letterGAF to see.

Grats on the purchase. I'm planning on buying one for myself, in a year or two. All I want for it is Final Fantasy XV, Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3, and none of them are being released for a long while.

I'm thinking of getting one in a year or two, too. I told my friend (who really wants me to get one) that I won't get one until there's a price drop and a redesign, since both seem inevitable. I've never played any of the games in the series you've listed (in the case of FF, I've played spinoffs but never played any of the main games for any meaningful amount of time), but all three series have me interested!

berzeli

Banned
Yeah, I know it has a bad history...but I think there's some merit to the idea! Without the crimes against humanity... I guess apps like Grindr and locations like gay bars and clubs are the solution people use.

I just can't help myself when people mention wearing signs. There is some merit to the idea until you start thinking about the practicality of it, which is kind of a shame. My solution is to flirt with pretty much everyone (even if I'm not that interested), works fairly well actually.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratsky, I actually haven't seen Avatar in five years so I've forgot how they work beyond being vaguely USB-y. :(

I haven't either lol

I really liked the first season. Seems like a lot of people were into season 2 because of Slade (idgi) but I felt like it just got worse and worse. Never even bothered watching season 3 and from the sound of it, I didn't miss much worthwhile.

right on the money - the first season is definitely the best one. After the first season finale, it's all downhill from there.

Season 1 of Arrow was pretty strong. I watched about half of season 2 before just getting fed up with it and dropping it. There were no likeable characters at all and everyone was annoying. Really, really annoying.

The eye candy was not enough.

Kevyt

I have taken a couple reading tests, but I don't know how accurate they are. The very fact that it is a reading test sort of encourages you to try to read faster than normal, but it's also true that people tend to read more slowly on screen than print, so I don't know. I have gotten ~600 - 750 on "How fast do you read?" tests, but I imagine that on harder stuff I read in the real world I'm more like half that.

And it varies. At least an hour, with most days getting more.

Goodreads profile~

As expected, you are a fast reader. You have read a lot of books. Very impressive!

For now I think I'm gonna read the Buddha of Subarbia by Hanif Kureishi. It should be a fun read.

We've been blessed.

You should try going to a gay bar. Have you used Grindr?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
right on the money - the first season is definitely the best one. After the first season finale, it's all downhill from there.

tumblr_lvlw9ahwYS1qh0xylo1_250.gif

Ratsky, are you gonna watch Aquarius? And have you seen Schitt's Creek? Somewhat interested in the former; the latter is one of the best TV surprises I've had lately, and Daniel Levy is kinda hot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I couldn't watch pokemon (!!!) and Yu Gi Oh as a kid, lol

my parents wouldn't let me either but i did it anyway #Rebel

Ratsky, are you gonna watch Aquarius? And have you seen Schitt's Creek? Somewhat interested in the former; the latter is one of the best TV surprises I've had lately, and Daniel Levy is kinda hot.

Aquarius is getting pretty awful reviews, so I'll probably skip it. I keep hearing so many good things about Schitt's Creek, but I still haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. I have a bunch of shows that I'm backlogged on right now so I'm trying to finish those up before jumping into a new show.

Agreed, and they should be easily spotted so it should something simple and graphic, maybe in some bright colour? How about:
220px-Pink_triangle.svg.png

Yes this is a facetious post

I'm all about and for taking slurs and stuff like this, and reclaiming them in our community. I know it looks super simple. Upside down pink triangle, but (ignoring the horrific historical context of it) I feel like it has a real 80's, synth-pop music video vibe to it.

Ahasverus

Mumei is too handsome, educated and good mannered to live, in my humble opinion. I should put him out of his misery of having to be in contact with us.

Kevyt

Mumei is too handsome, educated and good mannered to live, in my humble opinion. I should put him out of his misery of having to be in contact with us.

Did mumei ever post a selfie in an OT? I wonder what he looks like.

Well it doesn't really matter. He's a very smart person and that makes him a very sexy person!

Can you imagine what having a conversation with him must be like? It's like one would gain IQ points just by talking to him.

Ahasverus

Did mumei ever post a selfie in an OT? I wonder what he looks like.

Well it doesn't really matter. He's a very smart person and that makes him a very sexy person!

He posted a pic once yeah, it was like seeing a unicorn. His Avatar is a pretty good representation I'd say
, wonder if he has a dark side too

Ahasverus

Okay when was this? Cause I'm sure I would have seen it if he did.
Honestly I don't remember, like 2 years ago or so?

Or I might be dreaming, I dunno.

Edit: Now that I remember, it was a baby pic haha. Pretty cute, and with a bit of future exptrapolation your mind could do the rest. Of course, we who admire him already do it for how exemplary he is.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't help myself when people mention wearing signs. There is some merit to the idea until you start thinking about the practicality of it, which is kind of a shame. My solution is to flirt with pretty much everyone (even if I'm not that interested), works fairly well actually.

Heh, I have a friend or two who use your approach. As far as I can tell, if you have the guts to do it, it seems to be pretty successful.

As expected, you are a fast reader. You have read a lot of books. Very impressive!

For now I think I'm gonna read the Buddha of Subarbia by Hanif Kureishi. It should be a fun read.

That title seemed familiar, so I decided to look it up. Unlike most books people talk about, I've actually read that one! ...and like most books I read, I barely remember it. I hope you enjoy it!

You should try going to a gay bar. Have you used Grindr?

I'll get around to going eventually. I'm about to enter into a fairly unsettled 7 months&#8212;2 more months in my current location doing research before moving back home for 5 months to write up my project before moving to wherever my first job is with the new year&#8212;but maybe once I make that last move and identify some friends in the area, I'll go (or I'll find another excuse to avoid it).

I have not used Grindr. I used Tinder for a bit of time but ended up deleting it when I realized I was never going to be comfortable actually following through on any of it (and realized in reflection that I shot down two very open opportunities for poor reasons). Got a really bad date out of one connection, but it was someone I had met previously; Tinder just confirmed there was mutual interest. I'm not a fan of making connections via photos because I feel like, no matter what, people will be disappointed when they meet me in person. I'm a big conversationalist, so I'd prefer starting with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom