• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite track at the gym for doing my cardio right now has to be Does It Offend You, Yeah? - Battle Royale, otherwise if I'm just lifting, I'll put on Shamir's newest joint, Ratchet.

When I do rowing, it's 3 minute warm up, 60 seconds max intensity, 60 seconds moderate pace. I repeat the 60 second sets until I hit 20 minutes, then I have a 3 minute cool down.

Sprinting is a little different because I go by the length of a loop on the track at my gym. 3 minute warm up, 1 max intensity loop, 2 light jogging loops, repeat for 15 or 20 minutes - depends on my energy level, then a 3 minute cool down.

I'm gonna try to mix it up once I feel this routine is becoming too easy, don't want my body to become too good at doing HIIT, you should always be pushing yourself once your routine feels like clockwork.

i might do rowing but then again i might do decline presses or both just to hit everything 360.i wish i had the luxury of a track at my gym. hopefully the group i'm with finds a place to play basketball and have a track. if not i'll just have to run the neighborhood with my friend.

i'm probably going to do the HIIT cardio twice a week for 1-2 months and stop and go back to heavy lifting depending on my body's change. i don't want to muscle weight (even though i've been pretty much eating my proteins) but still. i do love me some squats (y)

Touchdown

Banned
Do you guys play any fighting games? I have Super SF4, MK 9, Skullgirls, Capcom vs Snk 2, Smash Bros 4, and Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'd like to believe I'm pretty okay at them but I know I'll get destroyed by any intermediate players :v Injustice is probably my favorite, it's just pure fun tbh

anyway yeah fighting games are great

Just Smash Bros. where I slay with King Dedede

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Caitlyn Jenner's cover is awesome. She looks great.

Do you guys play any fighting games? I have Super SF4, MK 9, Skullgirls, Capcom vs Snk 2, Smash Bros 4, and Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'd like to believe I'm pretty okay at them but I know I'll get destroyed by any intermediate players :v Injustice is probably my favorite, it's just pure fun tbh

anyway yeah fighting games are great

I suck at most regular fighting games... I used to like Soul Calibur 2. Umm, I also play Smash Bros (Wii U), but mostly just for fun (not competitive or For Glory). In theory, I like fighting games, but I'm just bad at them lol

Caitlin looks amazing.

Tom's old Myspace pictures have been doing the rounds for years, I'm not sure why Buzzfeed seems to have latched onto them today and didn't even post the best one.

Needless to say, dat ass.

Also I'm friendless on PSN and realised I've spent too along away from the next-gen game.

i might do rowing but then again i might do decline presses or both just to hit everything 360.i wish i had the luxury of a track at my gym. hopefully the group i'm with finds a place to play basketball and have a track. if not i'll just have to run the neighborhood with my friend.

i'm probably going to do the HIIT cardio twice a week for 1-2 months and stop and go back to heavy lifting depending on my body's change. i don't want to muscle weight (even though i've been pretty much eating my proteins) but still. i do love me some squats (y)

Having the ability to use a track over a treadmill is amazing. Treadmills bore me and I don't like how hard running on concrete can be.

I'll be going with my current cardio schedule until the end of summer, then I'll focus on weight training.

Just Smash Bros. where I slay with King Dedede
I loved using King Dedede in Project M, he's also really good in SSB4.
I suck at most regular fighting games... I used to like Soul Calibur 2. Umm, I also play Smash Bros (Wii U), but mostly just for fun (not competitive or For Glory). In theory, I like fighting games, but I'm just bad at them lol
Yeah fighting games can be super fun even if you're not good at them, for example, Injustice is my favorite fighting game but I get wrecked online lol

Bladenic

Next year I actually hope and plan to attend some big and fun pride month events, couldn't last year, can't this year. Hopefully by next year I'll have a hot body so i can wear as little as possible and get sexually objectified by as many men as possible. And i'm not kidding about that last part either.

daripad

I really wish I could be in a pride event. That's one of the things I'll certainly do once I live on my own/if I move out of here

Razmos

I really wish I could be in a pride event. That's one of the things I'll certainly do once I live on my own/if I move out of here
I've never been to pride either. I never have anyone to go with and don't much fancy spending money for a ticket when all I'll do is walk around lonely looking at stuff and then go home.

DOWN

Banned
I've seen you trying it on gaming side when it comes to The Witcher 3. I understand the complaints, it does have some interesting mechanic choices but then again, this is a PC developer who made a highly ambitious project. It's a huge open world RPG and it's obvious a lot of work went into every little detail, but sometimes there needs to be a few things cut back rather than throwing it all in.

The complain about the graphics tho, you're playing on PS4. While I don't think it's "sub par visually" on PS4, it doesn't look anywhere as good as the PC version. The game is stunning and just because other games might look as good or better doesn't invalidate this. Also, the comparisons to Unity is fine, but The Order? It's a corridor shooter that's focus IS the graphics. You can't really compare the two technically as The Witcher 3's scope is a lot bigger. Also, talk about dated mechanics, or rather, no mechanics at all. The Order is a mess tbqh.

The Witcher 3 does have down sides, it's not the best game ever. The indoor lighting system is pretty crappy, and the developer does have a lot to learn as far as some design choices. But it does have a fanbase and as someone who has come into the franchise without playing 1 or 2, I totally understand why. It's written well and has a lot of history/lore, which most games try but never quite succeed in crafting.
Wasn't trying to compare it to The Order or Driveclub, those are in response to what games I think are prettiest. But I've looked plenty at W3 on PC Ultra and PS4.

I think an important part of game design is knowing your team's limits and I don't think CDPR knew theirs for W3. It doesn't have the building and object variety of GTA V, the horse fluidity of Red Dead, the consistency of Skyrim, the foliage depth and LOD of Inquisition, or the lighting+PBR of Unity. NPC faces were nice until I saw them repeating over and over, like the wood house template. The streets of Oxenfurt are so underdeveloped that they have no trash, posters, variety in paint, etc. It's the polar opposite of what detailing I got used to from cross gen 7 months ago in GTA V, where litter and particle effects are placed well globally, repeated buildings are uncommon, and overall polish is abundant.

Not to mention, I find CDPR's claim that it is quite accessible to be a total mischaracterization, with an overload of references in full supply (and I'm someone who already beat Witcher 2). It is bloated in many regards and exceptional in few.

DOWN

Banned
We just had Pride Birmingham, was awesome.

Edit: Drake Bell is apparently a public transphobe. Heh.
Yeah, saw your link
classy

7DiFOgQ.png

Anyone have any nice suit and tie recommendations gay people are the best dressed people ever

Not a fashion expert here, (and this isn't exactly what you asked for, so sorry if it's not exactly helpful) but I think pocket-handkerchiefs on a suit look super fucking dapper. If you're already getting a tie, might as well get a pocket-handkerchief to match it. There are numerous videos on youtube that show how to fold them pretty easily. Just be sure the tie and the handkerchief are not an exact match. They have to play off each other but not be both the same identical pattern and color at once.

Kevyt

I'm always up for some USFIV or SSB4 matches, BTW!

Do you have USFIV on PC?

My doggie got a haircut. His fur is so soft now.
4zdJ4Lt.jpg

He does look angry. :p

Is Street Fighter x Tekken any good? I heard about the whole DLC thing so I stayed away from it but I've always wanted to play it.

I'm not super into Anime fighting games since ArcSys fighter always have like 3 different systems going on in a single match.

Also, SFV looks great. Ryu looks way better than the mess that is SF4 Ryu.

SFxT is much better now with all the patches than when it originally launched. It was alright when I played it, but I prefer regular street fighter. I think it was free on PSN for PS+ subscribers a while back.

Symphonia

Banned
that's a stereotype reinforced by TV portrayals and other shit. I know and see tons of gays who can't dress for shit.
snnr.gif

I am one of those who dress like shit. Unless I'm at work (I'll admit I do look pretty fucking dapper in a suit) I'm comfortable in a black tee, skinny jeans, and a pair of Converse.

We just had Pride Birmingham, was awesome.

Edit: Drake Bell is apparently a public transphobe. Heh.
Today I learned that Drake Bell earned a whopping $14,000 in 2014 and is over $600,000 in debt.

No wonder he's so eager to stir up some controversy. Too bad his idiocy will pass in the breeze like a humid fart~

Bladenic

snnr.gif

I am one of those who dress like shit. Unless I'm at work (I'll admit I do look pretty fucking dapper in a suit) I'm comfortable in a black tee, skinny jeans, and a pair of Converse.

nah you should wear whatever you want. plus if you are able to match an outfit like a suit you're pretty ahead of the game.

Razmos

My sense of style used to suck real bad. Baggy jeans, black or grey t-shirts

But then I basically tried copying Darren Criss in Glee and got myself some colourful chinos, some skinny denim jeans with colourful cuff things around the ankle (can't think of what the word is) and I feel so stylish now. Those and some nicer T-shirts and sweaters and stuff.

I feel so much more confident now than I did, it really made a big impact on me.

Sai-kun

Banned
Did a presentation in a class on spirituality and homelessness about LGBTQ youth and homelessness, and it went over really well. After the presentation each student gives you a little sheet of paper with their feedback and I learned one of my classmates was trans. So I made a friend :)

Doing this research and presentation has really given me a lot to think about as well. Strongly considering more and more ways I can give back to the queer community here in Chicago and help improve the lives of the thousands of homeless kids here. Step 1 is speaking out about it...step 2...I dunno yet.

daripad

I'm one of those with no sense of style, I always dress the most simple and plain looking clothes I can find.

Regarding LGBT problems, I've been thinking about what I could do in my town, considering I'm practically closeted with my family, but I would like to help other LGBT people here. The most I've done is giving advice to two bisexual friends I have but that's all I've done so far. I wish I could use my house as a LGBT center of some sorts, but I know my father will not like that :/

Did a presentation in a class on spirituality and homelessness about LGBTQ youth and homelessness, and it went over really well. After the presentation each student gives you a little sheet of paper with their feedback and I learned one of my classmates was trans. So I made a friend :)

Doing this research and presentation has really given me a lot to think about as well. Strongly considering more and more ways I can give back to the queer community here in Chicago and help improve the lives of the thousands of homeless kids here. Step 1 is speaking out about it...step 2...I dunno yet.

Are gays more or less spiritual?

Caitlyn Jenner's cover is awesome. She looks great.
I just had to listen to my girlfriend tell me that she will not call her "she" because "she" biologically is a "he" and that is just science. I'm literally dropping in here just to vent about it, and also look for advice. I know I should just drop it...who cares. But there is a part of me that is trying to formulate a logical explanation for someone who is generally a logical person.

I just had to listen to my girlfriend tell me that she will not call her "she" because "she" biologically is a "he" and that is just science. I'm literally dropping in here just to vent about it, and also look for advice. I know I should just drop it...who cares. But there is a part of me that is trying to formulate a logical explanation for someone who is generally a logical person.

"That's just science" is simply a way to excuse not treating someone with a modicum of respect. Saying you can't call someone by their preferred pronoun because "it is just science" is asinine. Jenner was born biologically male. That doesn't dictate what our social norms must be. This strikes me as really no different than "gay marriage is wrong because two people of the same sex can't make a baby." Does your girlfriend think that as well?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

my parents were saying the same thing. also, "it" and "evil" were being thrown around. :/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Something that I think people sometimes find confusing is that asexual people might masturbate. I've heard some explain this as being a sort of purely biological process (like a needed routine), while others have said they do it because it's pleasurable but they have no desire to have sexual intercourse with others.

Dan Savage actually touched on this in his most recent article:

Researchers at the University Of British Columbia studied the masturbatory habits of asexual individuals and compared them to the masturbatory habits of people with low sexual desire (“Sexual Fantasy And Masturbation Among Asexual Individuals,” Morag A. Yule, Lori A. Brotto, and Boris B. Gorzalka, the Canadian Journal Of Human Sexuality). “[They found that] the majority of asexual people (about 56 percent) masturbate on at least a monthly basis,” said David Jay, founder of the Asexual Visibility And Education Network (AVEN), compared to 75 percent of individuals with low sexual desire. “For a sizable chunk of us, this is about a sense of physical release rather than about sexual fantasy. Masturbation and partnered sex are very different things, and desiring one doesn’t mean that we automatically desire the other.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom