• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Just got back from a meal with my family, there was a really cute tattoo'd waiter who had "Ask me for a drink" on the back of his uniform.
I know that it meant "Ask me for refills!" and shit like that, but I just know that If I was a more confident person and a bit of a flirt I would have literally asked him if he wanted a drink haha.

I'll never be like that :p
I thought it, but I'd never be able to say it.

Just got back from a meal with my family, there was a really cute tattoo'd waiter who had "Ask me for a drink" on the back of his uniform.
I know that it meant "Ask me for refills!" and shit like that, but I just know that If I was a more confident person and a bit of a flirt I would have literally asked him if he wanted a drink haha.

Your goal this year should be to do something like that one day to see if you like it tbh.

Go back and ask him if you can lick the sweat off his balls.

Symphonia

Banned
Go back and ask him if you can lick the sweat off his balls.
giphy.gif

Speaking of graphical design and immersion. I bought Alan Wake on PC and wow the facial animations are so awful. Took me right out of the game. The game isn't very good even ignoring that though. I really need to stop buying into "artsy" bullshit story games. I realize that the most fun I've had with gaming has been stuff with actually fun gameplay. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Risen, New Vegas, Guacamelee, Recettear, Crypt of the Necrodancer, TWEWY, Paper Mario TTYD, Mass Effect 2. Most of those are RPGs with an interesting enough story, but the combat and leveling systems and such are really what make those game fun for me. Alan Wake was just boring boring combat.

I'm also wary on getting Witcher 3 ever because people hyped up Witcher 1 and that game was a snoozefest. Ugly art, boring combat, ugly main character, uninteresting story.

I think we'll have to disagree here. I love the aesthetics of TWEWY, but the gameplay was really poor IMO.

One of my favorite games of all time is Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64. Sure, it's janky as hell and even when it was released it wasn't that impressive looking, but it doesn't matter. Game is stellar because of what I got out of it and that's enough for me.
Now that's one series (among many) that I miss. God damnit, Japan. Where are my quirky games at? None of that lolicon trash. Wattam seems to be the only game I can think of that's in the making and is in the spirit of that weirdness.

Now that's one series (among many) that I miss. God damnit, Japan. Where are my quirky games at? None of that lolicon trash. Wattam seems to be the only game I can think of that's in the making and is in the spirit of that weirdness.

It's so quirky, I love it. The soundtrack is stellar, just an a around great game.

RM8

I only played Goemon's Great Adventure, and that was like 2 years ago (my launch N64 is still plugged and working!). I might have to hunt down the other Goemon game on N64 :p

I think we'll have to disagree here. I love the aesthetics of TWEWY, but the gameplay was really poor IMO.

It was (supposedly) very difficult for some people to handle. And I'll admit that dividing your attention between two screens and the ABXY + touchscreen was sometimes a hassle. But I was able to get used to it, and even do pretty well on the harder difficulties. The pins were very diverse too. I felt I had a lot of customization in the way I fought enemies.

It also has an iOS version which I hear has a more accessible battle system.

It was (supposedly) very difficult for some people to handle. And I'll admit that dividing your attention between two screens and the ABXY + touchscreen was sometimes a hassle. But I was able to get used to it, and even do pretty well on the harder difficulties. The pins were very diverse too. I felt I had a lot of customization in the way I fought enemies.

It also has an iOS version which I hear has a more accessible battle system.
The iOS version is broken after iOS 8 :(

Really stupid as well because jailbreakers fixed it by modifying like one file in the .ipa but Square just took it down instead.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Your goal this year should be to do something like that one day to see if you like it tbh.

image.php

Your avatar is goooorgeous. Really really liking it.

Razmos, it sounds like you have a good reason to at least try it out. Though I understand how intimidating that is.

Ty4on

I do, I'll always love the music, but I've been horribly out of the loop lately, I don't know what the popular songs are nowadays, really want to catch up and all.

I was thinking video games :p
head-logo.png

Rhythm based game a la Elite Beat Agents for PC where you download user generated maps and play them. There is a ton of Vocaloid music for it. It's F2P without any ads or handicaps.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

He's kind of part of the "generic white guy collective" that seemed to take over gaming last generation, but I've always thought Nathan Drake is one of the more attractive male characters in video games. Then again, I don't think I have much to compare him against.

Meicyn

Gold Member
It's a great game. Currently have 110 hours, level 232, 8 million soul memory, it's been the only game I've played.

Yesterday I was pretty much farming for Twinkling titanites to upgrade equipment. The DLC feels like an afterthought though, especially when they love throwing hords of strong enemies at you.
Yeah, I'm taking my sweet time with it. I'm level 50something at Heide's Tower of Flame. I enjoy it more than Bloodborne to be honest.

Razmos

Hmm, was talking to a great guy on an app, we were really hitting it off and things seemed to be going really well until I sent a message and he didn't reply. Some time later I said "you there?", and he said that he had already replied, and the message didn't go through.

He sent me one last message saying it's frustrating that the app is messing up, and then he didn't reply to any of my messages. And so then I was left wondering if he either wasn't replying or either of our messages weren't getting through. I've had issues with this app before, so it's not unheard of.

As a last ditch effort a bit later I requested access to his photo gallery (it sends an automated message with a button to allow access, he'd already requested mine), and he granted me access, but again there were no replies to my messages.

Ehhh... either he's messing me around or this is a massive missed opportunity lost because of some stupid technical problems. Either way I'm pretty sad because he seemed super great.

Sigh..

He's kind of part of the "generic white guy collective" that seemed to take over gaming last generation, but I've always thought Nathan Drake is one of the more attractive male characters in video games. Then again, I don't think I have much to compare him against.

Nathan Drake is really my one "gaming crush" if I have one at all. He's too damn good lookin' and charming. :p Been three (technically 4 I guess) games and no shirtless scene. It's blasphemous I tell you.

DOWN

Banned
Are those in-game models or cutscene?

Naughty Dog said they plan on doing what they did for TLOU Remastered where they no longer use separate weaker models for gameplay, so that Drake is hopefully both. Plus the cutscenes will be real time. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if a model quite like that isn't so feasible in reality.

And as I browse pretty games, I just bought Ryse and look forward to playing it.

lordt
BelovedNauticalEyelashpitviper.gif

Well the gameplay footage they showed last E3 (or whenever it was), he definitely didn't look quite that nice/detailed in game, but it was fine. Some people were disappointed with how Uncharted 4 looked, but I thought it looked great. I'm not terribly picky tho.

Is that gif from Ryse? I seriously thought it was a gif from a movie. That game looks crazy.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Naughty Dog said they plan on doing what they did for TLOU Remastered where they no longer use separate weaker models for gameplay, so that Drake is hopefully both. Plus the cutscenes will be real time. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if a model quite like that isn't so feasible in reality.

And as I browse pretty games, I just bought Ryse and look forward to playing it.

lordt

That gif is amazing. The first time I saw it, I briefly thought it was live-action. The guy in the helmet looks incredible. Having watched a fair amount of footage of Ryse though, I don't remember anything looking quite that good. The benefit of being a cutscene?

Well the gameplay footage they showed last E3 (or whenever it was), he definitely didn't look quite that nice/detailed in game, but it was fine. Some people were disappointed with how Uncharted 4 looked, but I thought it looked great. I'm not terribly picky tho.

Is that gif from Ryse? I seriously thought it was a gif from a movie. That game looks crazy.

I think it was PSX. A lot of technical "controversies" seem to be popping up with that game (potential graphics changes from initial teaser footage, 30 fps). From what I've seen, it looks really good.

1) Order strong drink from waiter. 2) By the time he comes back for refills, buzz should be kicking and fucks won't be given anymore, ask waiter out.

Don't keep falling back on alcohol to try and form a connection with someone. I'm joking.
Kinda.

Huh. You ever look at an image before, and think "God I wish I was that shirt."?

Do you guys know the website Pottermore? It's a neat website where you can learn more about the world of Harry Potter. And there is a sorting hat quiz which determines in which house you belong to. But you need to register first.

So, do you belong to the nerds of Ravenclaw, the plain old Hufflepuff, the rules breaking Gryffindor, or the awesome Slytherin?

I obviously got Slytherin.

Kevyt

Yeah, I'm taking my sweet time with it. I'm level 50something at Heide's Tower of Flame. I enjoy it more than Bloodborne to be honest.

It's somewhat of a complicated area at that level, so take your time. I found the game challenging even at level 50 because I had very little health. I focused mostly on intelligence and attunement in the first 100 levels of the game. I was dying in two-three hits. In the end it payed off because I was able to beast through most of the game with 50 intelligence and staff of wisdom fully upgraded.

Is there a build that you're concentrating on (like a faith build, sorceror, strength, dark) or just balancing your stats evenly throughout?

Nathan looks so hot. Hotter than previos Nate models.

lordt

I hope they do since they decided to delay the game. I'm really excited to see what Corrine Yu will be able to do.

She used to be in 343i and created a global illumination system for Halo 4 that made the game look so much better that even Microsoft patented it. She's a genius, and she was responsible for the first cutscene showned where Nate wakes up at a shoreline during the night.

I'm so excited for U4!

Do you guys know the website Pottermore? It's a neat website where you can learn more about the world of Harry Potter. And there is a sorting hat quiz which determines in which house you belong to. But you need to register first.

So, do you belong to the nerds of Ravenclaw, the plain old Hufflepuff, the rules breaking Gryffindor, or the awesome Slytherin?

I heard about this and been curious, but... I need to watch the movies. I've seen like halves of two separate ones.

Kinsei

Banned

Gryffindor

Guess I'm destined for greatness or something.

I think it was PSX. A lot of technical "controversies" seem to be popping up with that game (potential graphics changes from initial teaser footage, 30 fps). From what I've seen, it looks really good.

Oh yeah, maybe it was PSX. In any case, I thought the demo looked fantastic. People did complain about the "zomg DOWNGRADE!" which has been happening more and more. It's a bit annoying. I'm not saying some games don't deserve to be hated on for very obviously downgrading the graphics from the initial reviews, but it gets a bit crazy sometimes especially when the game looks amazing. I know ND said the game would be 60fps when the first trailer hit, but I never once believed that. I was like 99% positive it would be 30fps based on the graphics shown and that's totally fine with me for a game like that.

Delio

I'm Hufflepuff aka the house with a ton of awesome people.

Does this mean you haven't read the books either? I suppose it's a generational thing.

Nope haven't. I remember my classmates being really into the books, and I thought they seemed cool and whatnot, just never really got around to checking them out. They really seem great though. I've heard they start out really playful and light and get progressively darker as the sequels kick in and they grow older which I thought was pretty cool. (People sometimes randomly say I looked like him, so I cosplayed as Harry for Halloween. It was fun but felt like such a poser wearing the costume without consuming the actual material haha.)

DOWN

Banned
Nathan looks so hot. Hotter than previos Nate models.

I hope they do since they decided to delay the game. I'm really excited to see what Corrine Yu will be able to do.

She used to be in 343i and created a global illumination system for Halo 4 that made the game look so much better that even Microsoft patented it. She's a genius, and she was responsible for the first cutscene showned where Nate wakes up at a shoreline during the night.

I'm so excited for U4!
Halo 4 held up incredibly well in many ways for the 1080p/60 Master Chief Collection upgrade. It looks much closer to current gen than most games that have been remastered to me.

Yep, Ryse definitely nailed faces.

And yes, Uncharted 4 definitely wasn't at the real-time teaser quality during the PSX demo, but I'd expect they still have time to clean up and optimize since that demo is from more than a year before they plan on releasing it.

lenovox1

Hmm, Slytherin.

Rayis

I was thinking video games :p
head-logo.png

Rhythm based game a la Elite Beat Agents for PC where you download user generated maps and play them. There is a ton of Vocaloid music for it. It's F2P without any ads or handicaps.

Oh yeah, I love OSU!, I play it with friends sometimes, I'm terrible at the game tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom