• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

Oh yeah, I love OSU!, I play it with friends sometimes, I'm terrible at the game tho lol
Compared to those that are good terrible is a huge number of people :p
I thought I did ok, but then I realized most of my scores were way down in the bottom 50%.

I'm not up to date in the slightest regarding Vocaloid, but one of my favorite tracks to play is Kokoro with Kagamine Run.

Sai-kun

Banned
I hope they do since they decided to delay the game. I'm really excited to see what Corrine Yu will be able to do.

She used to be in 343i and created a global illumination system for Halo 4 that made the game look so much better that even Microsoft patented it. She's a genius, and she was responsible for the first cutscene showned where Nate wakes up at a shoreline during the night.

I'm so excited for U4!

I think you mean what she did? She left ND long ago. Any work she's done...well, she's not coming back to it.

edit: halo 4 is garbage blah blah blah

Delio

Like that guy who died and ummm, who else :p

One is about to get a new Harry potter movie based around him.

There is Artemisia Lufkin who was the first female Minister of magic.

There is Grogan Stump who made the Department of Magical games and Sports.

If you want to go movies only there is Tonks who was married to Remus and Professor Pomona Sprout who helped in making the cure for those who were petrified by the basilisk.

I could go on :p

Nope haven't. I remember my classmates being really into the books, and I thought they seemed cool and whatnot, just never really got around to checking them out. They really seem great though. I've heard they start out really playful and light and get progressively darker as the sequels kick in and they grow older which I thought was pretty cool. (People sometimes randomly say I looked like him, so I cosplayed as Harry for Halloween. It was fun but felt like such a poser wearing the costume without consuming the actual material haha.)

You should check out the books, they are fun. I still remember buying the english version of the order of phoenix using my savings because I couldn't wait for its translation. It was the first foreign language book that I actually finished.

So far, It's 1 Gryffindor, 1 Hufflepuff, 2 Slytherin, and 0 Ravenclaw.

I actually like Hufflepuff the most. They just seem so chill.

lenovox1

Top of the page edit (Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov):

Ugh, I need to get that sports photographers card. A month ago, a friend tried to take swimwear/underwear shots of me at Red Rock Canyon and I just looked through the set and...

The hitch is he had some good potentials and could have beens in the set, but he needed a lighting kit and tripod to pull anything great out.
(And I need a personality and to learn my good angles, as can be seen on film. We all have foibles.)
(And for reference: These are the BEST images from that set.)

/vainboyproblems

image.php

Your avatar is goooorgeous. Really really liking it.

Razmos, it sounds like you have a good reason to at least try it out. Though I understand how intimidating that is.
Thanks very much :)

I can't sleep so I decided to get up even though it's 3am here. I got like two hours sleep. 💀

DOWN

Banned
I have an exam in 20 minutes and I'm feeling legit sick as of an hour ago. Amazing. And I was looking forward to this exam because I'm good at this class.

Ugh, I need to get that sports photographers card. A month ago, a friend tried to take swimwear/underwear shots of me at Red Rock Canyon and I just looked through the set and...

The hitch is he had some good potentials and could have beens in the set, but he needed a lighting kit and tripod to pull anything great out.
(And I need a personality and to learn my good angles, as can be seen on film. We all have foibles.)

/vainboyproblems

I think a good chunk of the colouring issues can be fixed in post (to a degree, obviously.) Lemme take a quick (unprofessional) shot at it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

/vainboyproblems

I see what you mean about the technical aspects like lighting and such. That said, your friend has some great material to work with. :)
For real.
Any particular motivation for taking these photos?

Thanks very much :)

I can't sleep so I decided to get up even though it's 3am here. I got like two hours sleep. ��

Did you make that inkling? A reverse Google image search brought up nothing, and the non-official design has me curious. Whoever did the art did a great job with it.

Sometimes I wish that humans had a sleep button like electronics.

Man, I'm moving through my backlog so slowly.

Still playing FFXHD. Seymore is such byotch when you fight him right after Mt. Gagazet. He's wiping the floor with me and this Expert Sphere Grid nonsense isn't helping. (Although it's made my Wakka legit OP.) I know I basically have to grind to move on, but really dreading doing that. Also, I'm already fearing Yunalesca.

/vainboyproblems

Not a photographer or digital retoucher so got nothing of real value to ad here. Just wanted to say you look great, and I'm definitely not skipping the gym tonight. -_-

Sibylus

Banned
I recommend reading Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics and perhaps some of the companion pieces (by Mistele, Rawn Clark, etc). From what I hear it is the most extensive system of training within the western occult tradition that is publicly available. It's in the tradition of Hermeticism, which is its own distinct system, generally involving the practice of theurgy for the purpose of enlightenment, Hermeticists also tend to emphasize morality and service a lot, and you may or may not care for that particular framework, but from what I gather the basic skills that are used in that book should be very broadly applicable.

I generally don't know quite what to make of western occult traditions, myself. Since my interest in spirituality is more in the vein of Buddhist soteriology, I do think that these methods could (and likely are used) to achieve enlightenment, but culturally I think there's a greater emphasis on 'power' (either real or imagined). Buddhists also have the concept of abhinna or siddhis which could be considered supranormal powers, but from what I gather from people who claimed to have cultivated them is that the experience is ambiguous, like you can regard them as phantasmagoria or as being something more meaningful (synchronicity?), but there isn't really a clear answer on what they are. I think what happens is you become so skilled at mastering your mind, that certain mental impressions that were subtle before (say intuitions) gain enough volume that they become semi-'solid'. Basically I think it's sort of like you hack your mind to more effectively produce certain impressions or internal imagery, which may or may not be useful somehow. But I haven't had any meaningful experience with it myself.
Thanks for the recommendation umop, I'll have to take a look :)

/vainboyproblems

It looks like your friend was using a flash outside. Is that correct? If so, that'd explain why the colour in the photos is extremely muted (too much light) and the lighting in uneven. Outdoors, it's almost always correct to use natural sunlight when possible. However, I'm not a "professional," though I did take photos for the paper I was editor of at the time.

But here's the best I could do in short notice, with what I had to work with.

Before:
After:

And yes, Uncharted 4 definitely wasn't at the real-time teaser quality during the PSX demo, but I'd expect they still have time to clean up and optimize since that demo is from more than a year before they plan on releasing it.

Oh I'm sure they will optimize Uncharted 4 in the year before release, but I wouldn't go in expecting it to look exactly like that first reveal. It'd be awesome if it did, though. I hope we see more of it this E3.

Still playing FFXHD. Seymore is such byotch when you fight him right after Mt. Gagazet. He's wiping the floor with me and this Expert Sphere Grid nonsense isn't helping. (Although it's made my Wakka legit OP.) I'm already fearing Yunalesca.

I kind of wish I had waited to play the PS4 version, but I'm like 3 or 4 trophies away from the Platinum on the PS3 version. I don't really have any urge to replay the game anytime soon, but when I do, I'll probably pick up the PS4 version. I really hope they announce FFXII Zodiac edition HD at E3 this year. Good luck with Yunalesca! I actually didn't have too many problems with her, but I'm also typically overleveled in RPGs.

--

I've been playing GTAV for the PS4. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of the GTA series (in fact, GTA IV is the only on in the series that I've beaten and I wasn't even that crazy about it), but I have to admit, Rockstars are masters of world/city design. It's crazy the amount of detail they pack into their cities.

Oh I'm sure they will optimize Uncharted 4 in the year before release, but I wouldn't go in expecting it to look exactly like that first reveal. It'd be awesome if it did, though. I hope we see more of it this E3.

I kind of wish I had waited to play the PS4 version, but I'm like 3 or 4 trophies away from the Platinum on the PS3 version. I don't really have any urge to replay the game anytime soon, but when I do, I'll probably pick up the PS4 version. I really hope they announce FFXII Zodiac edition HD at E3 this year. Good luck with Yunalesca! I actually didn't have too many problems with her, but I'm also typically overleveled in RPGs.

--

I've been playing GTAV for the PS4. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of the GTA series (in fact, GTA IV is the only on in the series that I've beaten and I wasn't even that crazy about it), but I have to admit, Rockstars are masters of world/city design. It's crazy the amount of detail they pack into their cities.

Does the PS4 version offer really that drastic of an upgrade? I thought it was just a port and mostly a quick and easy way for SE to try and milk the remaster a bit more.

Still playing FFXHD. Seymore is such byotch when you fight him right after Mt. Gagazet. He's wiping the floor with me and this Expert Sphere Grid nonsense isn't helping. (Although it's made my Wakka legit OP.) I know I basically have to grind to move on, but really dreading doing that. Also, I'm already fearing Yunalesca.
That was the only difficult fight for me in the game. Once I went into the battle with all summons in overdrive, he did not manage to pull off a single attack while I finished him off. Went from the hardest to the easiest boss in the game for me.

That was the only difficult fight for me in the game. Once I went into the battle with all summons in overdrive, he did not manage to pull off a single attack while before I finished him. Went from the hardest to the easiest boss in the game for me.

Oh man, I might try and get their overdrive gauges up and try this method.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

seymour is harder than yunalesca

if you can beat him you should have no problem with her

Does the PS4 version offer really that drastic of an upgrade? I thought it was just a port and mostly a quick and easy way for SE to try and milk the remaster a bit more.

Oh nah, it's not that drastic (some sharper textures mainly and better quality npcs supposedly), but I like that it offers the original soundtrack in addition to the new one.

Oh nah, it's not that drastic (some sharper textures mainly and better quality npcs supposedly), but I like that it offers the original soundtrack in addition to the new one.

Oh that's awesome. I'm such a sucker for re-imagined versions of songs though. No idea how I'd be able to choose which one to go with.

Oh that's awesome. I'm such a sucker for re-imagined versions of songs though. No idea how I'd be able to choose which one to go with.

I quite enjoyed the remastered versions of the songs (minus a couple I thought they made worse) but having the options would definitely be cool. Speaking of remasters, I still have a sealed Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD to play but I'm kinda waiting to see if they make a 60fps ps4 version lol

Kinsei

Banned
I quite enjoyed the remastered versions of the songs (minus a couple I thought they made worse) but having the options would definitely be cool. Speaking of remasters, I still have a sealed Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD to play but I'm kinda waiting to see if they make a 60fps ps4 version lol

I don't know if it will be 60FPS but in an interview Tai Yasue all but confirmed a PS4 version will be coming.

When we first came up with the idea for Kingdom Hearts III, it was always 1.5, then 2.5 and we were always thinking about those three titles at the same time. I think [putting the games on PS4] is something we’ll explore. We understand what our players want, so we will explore the possibility. I’m not making any announcements though, we can’t make any announcements yet! — Tai Yasue

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/square-enix-is-considering-kingdom-hearts-hd-remixes-for-ps4-xbox-one

Kevyt

I think you mean what she did? She left ND long ago. Any work she's done...well, she's not coming back to it.

edit: halo 4 is garbage blah blah blah

Oh no she's now with Amazon... ;_; Dam Drones who took her away.

Yeah a lot of people have said Halo 4 is not good, but it's one of the best looking games on the 360.

/vainboyproblems

Are you the photographer or the one in the shots?

Good stuff :p

Edit: Oh you're the one in the set. Nice! You have an amazing body.

Caladrius

seymour is harder than yunalesca

if you can beat him you should have no problem with her

I actually had the opposite issue.
I beat Seymour Fux in 2 tries and got destroyed by Yunalesca half-a-dozen times. (Though, to be fair, I knew about the haste+Poison trick ahead of time)

Kinsei

Banned
I beat Seymour Fux in 2 tries and got destroyed by Yunalesca half-a-dozen times. (Though, to be fair, I knew about the haste+Poison trick ahead of time)

I personally find them around the same difficulty. The big thing is that they take radically different strategies so I can see how someone could find one easy-normal and the other difficult.

Go on...

Is Seymore weak to poison or something? So put haste on everyone and then poison him?

Hah, I wouldn't put it past SE. It'd be cool if they do some sort of package where you get both 1.5 and 2.5 together.

/vainboyproblems
ummm hi???? hmu???

Did you make that inkling? A reverse Google image search brought up nothing, and non-official design has me curious. Whoever did the art did a great job with it.

Sometimes I wish that humans had a sleep button like electronics.
Yup, I was counting down the hours til Splatoon launched so decided to make that :)
also mess at that being another night of insomnia

Bladenic

Go on...

Is Seymore weak to poison or something? So put haste on everyone and then poison him?

Hah, I wouldn't put it past SE. It'd be cool if they do some sort of package where you get both 1.5 and 2.5 together.

Seymour is susceptible to Bio. Not sure if Haste refers to casting it on him so he gets damaged by poison more often, never heard of that but I assume you'd want Haste on yourself too so he doesnt kill you.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I was counting down the hours til Splatoon launched so decided to make that :)
also mess at that being another night of insomnia

Oh wow. I already gave an indirect compliment to the artist, but now that I know it's you, well done!! One day, I would like to make my own avatar. One day...

lenovox1

Before these replies get cold...

das you?! :O

Honey, isn't it amazing what they can do with makeup nowadays? ;-) :p

I see what you mean about the technical aspects like lighting and such. That said, your friend has some great material to work with. :)
For real.
Any particular motivation for taking these photos?

Yes! I was in an amateur underwear modeling contest for QVegas Magazine and I wanted to have a real photo like the other boys + the guy asked me to take some photos = Serendipity. It didn't really work out as planned as my friend didn't really know how to upload the photos online and the contest had long since past after I actually received the photos. In the mail. On a disk.

It looks like your friend was using a flash outside. Is that correct? If so, that'd explain why the colour in the photos is extremely muted (too much light) and the lighting in uneven. Outdoors, it's almost always correct to use natural sunlight when possible. However, I'm not a "professional," though I did take photos for the paper I was editor of at the time.

For quite a few of them, yes. And, as you showed, a little bit can make some of those photos quite a bit better.

And HippieHobo and ZombiePlatypus: Thank you, boos.
tumblr_m2ni9nfbIB1qcuz9l.gif

And Blood Diamonds, I've been celibate for quite a while so....
vwAsLnc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom