• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

Ugh, I need to get that sports photographers card. A month ago, a friend tried to take swimwear/underwear shots of me at Red Rock Canyon and I just looked through the set and...

The hitch is he had some good potentials and could have beens in the set, but he needed a lighting kit and tripod to pull anything great out.
(And I need a personality and to learn my good angles, as can be seen on film. We all have foibles.)
(And for reference: These are the BEST images from that set.)

/vainboyproblems

The pictures look straight out of camera and really need some editing. The histogram should be touching both sides, but the blackest black is a very light grey.
dm93FB5.png

I didn't change anything other than that in this picture and see how flat the original is in comparison.

Also tell him to delete pictures where you are out of focus and squinting on the spot so you don't have to deal with them later.

I'm very bad with lightning, but in that same set there it looks like he used a single on camera flash so you have a sharp shadow in your neck and a very obvious catchlight in the center of your eye. He would probably do better with an off camera flash or a diffuser.

Edit:
I didn't catch this (phone didn't load the images)
But here's the best I could do in short notice, with what I had to work with.
But there is definitely more to tweak like the colors.

Dany

Banned
I get super upset when I blackout and see my text message history and I have a convo with a friend drunk >_>

It happens but ehh, i need to learn to get off my phone drunk.

Alrus

When I'm blackout drunk I'm physically unable to write texts usually, so I've never really experienced drunk texting.

Symphonia

Banned
We've all been there. He should cut you some slack.
Being drunk and any form of social media and text is a bad idea.
Yeeeah, I'm not going to go in to what exactly was said, but I'd very surprised if he talks to me again. I tend to open up when drunk and, well, more than a few home truths were let out last night. The notion of wearing my heart on my sleeve was taken to an entirely new level last night, and not for the good. I really wish I could take back what was said, but what's done is done. No going back now, regardless of whether I was drunk or not.

If anything, use this as further motivation to kick your drinking habits.

Did you go and see a doctor about it? apologies if you did and I didn't see the post
I did on Monday. He's given me a 'drink diary' which I have to fill in every morning about what I drunk the night before. I have to do this for a fortnight then go see him again. But he thinks, given my medical history, it could be alcoholism. Yay!

Alrus

wouldn't blackout drunk be unconscious at this point or am i talking the extreme.

Nope, never ended up in a coma due to alcohol. Fallen asleep a few time but I very rarely go so far beyond my limits. I just don't have very good coordination when drunk so trying to text someone while heavily intoxicated would take ages (and it's most likely I'll just forget about it during typing) or complete gibberish.

Son Of D

Being drunk and any form of social media and text is a bad idea.

Yeah I can relate to this too much. So many times I've said stuff whilst drunk that I've regretted later on. I've not had any alcohol since March though and don't plan on drinking any more for a long time. Especially considering recent events.

i'm finished with exams
52b0f867.gif

595.gif

Fallout 4 officially announced.

I've never played a Fallout game, but might check this one out.

I'm the same. Never played a Fallout game. Might try Fallout 4 since I doubt New Vegas will run on my laptop (and my PS3 is back at my parents since I barely used it and it was taking up space).

You should really play New Vegas, it's a great game.

But cautiously excited for Fallout 4, you never know how Bethesda might fuck it up.

Yeah I've had that suggested to me a few times, but wasn't sure if it was a good fit for me. I'm not typically a big fan of WRPGs because of their lack of focus on a good narrative/story/characters I care about. That said, I have been getting more and more into the genre with games like Dragon Age and the Witcher (and if you count it the Mass Effect series) although I would say those are pretty story heavy games - at least DA/ME. I don't really like the Elder Scrolls games and usually get bored of them quickly. Knowing that, do you think I would like the Fallout series? And would FO3 be a better place to start or New Vegas?

Also: the trailer for Fallout 4.

Yeah I've had that suggested to me a few times, but wasn't sure if it was a good fit for me. I'm not typically a big fan of WRPGs because of their lack of focus on a good narrative/story/characters I care about. That said, I have been getting more and more into the genre with games like Dragon Age and the Witcher (and if you count it the Mass Effect series) although I would say those are pretty story heavy games - at least DA/ME. I don't really like the Elder Scrolls games and usually get bored of them quickly. Knowing that, do you think I would like the Fallout series? And would FO3 be a better place to start or New Vegas?

Also: the trailer for Fallout 4.

I don't like Elder Scrolls much. I didn't like Fallout 3 much. I loved New Vegas. I wouldn't bother with 3 tbh.

I don't like Elder Scrolls much. I didn't like Fallout 3 much. I loved New Vegas. I wouldn't bother with 3 tbh.

Hmm okay, I might just check out New Vegas or watch some footage from both games. Is there any reason why you didn't like FO3 but loved New Vegas? The setting? The story? The gameplay?

Kater

Banned
New Vegas won't run on your PS3 either :p
It'll run Ok until you get a big save file and then drop to 1fps at times.
Yup. It also runs horrible on Xbox 360.

I hope they give you at least character customization and a choice for the gender. But I have doubts since it is voiced. :s

Hmm okay, I might just check out New Vegas or watch some footage from both games. Is there any reason why you didn't like FO3 but loved New Vegas? The setting? The story? The gameplay?

I want to say a bit of the story and a lot of the setting. I know it's supposed to be a wasteland but Fallout 3 felt really dead and boring. And I didn't like the "chase my runaway dad" plot.

New Vegas felt like a world that was actively recovering from a fallout. It was fun.

Son Of D

As expected, checked to see if New Vegas would run on my laptop and it's a nope.

Accepting all donations to the "Get me a decent PC" fund.

I want to say a bit of the story and a lot of the setting. I know it's supposed to be a wasteland but Fallout 3 felt really dead and boring. And I didn't like the "chase my runaway dad" plot.

New Vegas felt like a world that was actively recovering from a fallout. It was fun.

Ah interesting. Just been watching some video reviews of New Vegas - hopefully it has been patched some since then because it looks very buggy lol.

Alrus

Heh even if it's current gen only Fallout 4 looks pretty meh, it's evident it started as a cross gen/past gen game.

Doesn't really matter if the game is good though.

esms

As expected, checked to see if New Vegas would run on my laptop and it's a nope.

Accepting all donations to the "Get me a decent PC" fund.

Any PC can run Fallout 1 and 2 though. Obviously different in terms of gameplay, but if you feel the need to get into the series, it's a place to start.

Ah interesting. Just been watching some video reviews of New Vegas - hopefully it has been patched some since then because it looks very buggy lol.

It is/was apparently a very buggy game. I've had some bugs but I honestly never thought it was that bad. Or perhaps I have very high tolerance. I never got a bug that reloading my game couldn't fix. And I'm pretty sure the PC version has quicksave.

berzeli

Banned
Hmm, really underwhelmed by the Fallout 4 reveal. But I can live with the subpar art direction if Bethesda has hired some decent writers.

It is/was apparently a very buggy game. I've had some bugs but I honestly never thought it was that bad. Or perhaps I have very high tolerance. I never got a bug that reloading my game couldn't fix. And I'm pretty sure the PC version has quicksave.

I lost about ten hours because of bugs in a main quest line, but that was the only bugs I noticed. It isn't as bad as it reputation in my opinion, but then again I have been very lucky in terms of bugs in all other Obsidian games as well.

Any PC can run Fallout 1 and 2 though. Obviously different in terms of gameplay, but if you feel the need to get into the series, it's a place to start.

Fallout Tactics also runs on basically anything, whilst it isn't an RPG as such (more like XCOM), it is really quite fun and looks gorgeous.

berzeli

Banned
Is Tactics more like XCOM? I want to play that instead :x

More accurately; it's similar to Commandos, but the XCOM analogy still holds pretty well. It's pretty darn good, even if it is more linear and the writing is worse (still better than 3's though), just make sure to play in in turn based and not real time. I looked at GOG and they're not selling it any more so wait until the steam summer sale and pick it up for cheap

RM8

Cool, I'll definitely buy it during this summer sale :]

Speaking of XCOM-ish games, I never bothered to follow the sales of Code Name STEAM (probably as a self defense mechanism, lol) but it sold ~30k in America and freaking below 1.8k in Japan. I can't think of a bigger bomba in recent times :( Jeez, you'd think that would only happen to games by no name developers, or games that get demolished by Metacritic. I'll never get a sequel, but at least we're getting more Fire Emblem (even if they're now clearly targeting the creepy waifu crowd, ugh).

Caladrius

I personally find them around the same difficulty. The big thing is that they take radically different strategies so I can see how someone could find one easy-normal and the other difficult.

Very true. yunalesca stumped me for the first 2/3 fights or so.

Go on...

Is Seymore weak to poison or something? So put haste on everyone and then poison him?

Hah, I wouldn't put it past SE. It'd be cool if they do some sort of package where you get both 1.5 and 2.5 together.

Yep. Flux is one of the only bosses actually weak to the ailment. Haste expedites the poison damage, and since he already gets two actions for your one...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bladenic.

That said I think there's some weird bug with his turn order where he doesn't actually get the extra turn. Casting haste on your party as well couldn't hurt though.

Kevyt

Speaking of XCOM-ish games, I never bothered to follow the sales of Code Name STEAM (probably as a self defense mechanism, lol) but it sold ~30k in America and freaking below 1.8k in Japan. I can't think of a bigger bomba in recent times :( Jeez, you'd think that would only happen to games by no name developers, or games that get demolished by Metacritic. I'll never get a sequel, but at least we're getting more Fire Emblem (even if they're now clearly targeting the creepy waifu crowd, ugh).

Speaking of Xcom I just got wrecked in a mission. All of my good soldiers were killed and failed said mission. This was at the easy difficulty. ;_;

So... Jamie xx's debut Colours is probably my favorite album this year now, dethroning Madonna's Rebel Heart and Sufjan Steven's Carrie & Lowell. The production is insane, the song SeeSaw slays me.

Stuck my first IV in a stranger! :3 it was AWESOME.

A big NOPE. Even though I'm used to them and have had enough IVs done for a lifetime with my chemo, I still get chills when I think about them.

Golnei

Stuck my first IV in a stranger! :3 it was AWESOME.

As part of your job, or just for fun? Either way, it's great to hear you're enjoying puncturing strangers' skin.

I completely forgot that STEAM was finally released in Europe last month. Maybe I would have bought it sooner if it had a simultaneous worldwide release - as it is, I'll probably get it whenever the N3DS is on sale, seeing the relatively positive impressions that it got from those that did play it. Though even without having played it, I was a little disappointed that it managed such spectacularly dismal sales. With a more appealing aesthetic and better promotion, it might have been able to perform decently - but I guess a relatively unique failure would be preferable to a wildly successful series centred around rubbing loli Abraham Lincoln.

RM8

Speaking of Xcom I just got wrecked in a mission. All of my good soldiers were killed and failed said mission. This was at the easy difficulty. ;_;
It's pretty challenging indeed :p

As part of your job, or just for fun? Either way, it's great to hear you're enjoying puncturing strangers' skin.

I completely forgot that STEAM was finally released in Europe last month. Maybe I would have bought it sooner if it had a simultaneous worldwide release - as it is, I'll probably get it whenever the N3DS is on sale, seeing the relatively positive impressions that it got from those that did play it. Though even without having played it, I was a little disappointed that it managed such spectacularly dismal sales. With a more appealing aesthetic and better promotion, it might have been able to perform decently - but I guess a relatively unique failure would be preferable to a wildly successful series centred around rubbing loli Abraham Lincoln.
Nintendo sent it to die. No marketing, no push whatsoever, it's especially sad since they promoted Splatoon so hard (and *gasp* it had a great debut in Japan). A shame because it's genuinely a great game, and there's a demo available for those interested :(

I hope Yurop likes it a bit better than Japan, at least. The Queen needs you! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom