• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
So Splatoon's selling good? Dat marketing power. I wasn't even planning on buying it until I started seeing it everywhere lol.
Wow, color me surprised. Nintendo actually marketing a new franchise. And it's doing well. It's like opposite day

Any PC can run Fallout 1 and 2 though. Obviously different in terms of gameplay, but if you feel the need to get into the series, it's a place to start.

Eh. I honestly didn't like Fallout 1 or 2, but that's also because I detest top-down mission control style games for the most part. I could get into Fire Emblem 3DS though.

So Splatoon's selling good? Dat marketing power. I wasn't even planning on buying it until I started seeing it everywhere lol.

It's sold out around me currently, really surprised. Although I'm glad Nintendo is pushing Splatoon and it's working. Really great game and universe, the art style is sublime.

I'm gonna listen to Jamie xx so you go download Lantern and listen too!!!

Definitely not as heavy as his stuff with TNGHT, but it's really melodic and good. And the guest vocalists are great.

The singles I've heard have been great, will def listen to it.

Colours surprised me tho, especially since The xx's last album was pretty boring and stale. I didn't expect much from this album.

Alrus

Nintendo sent it to die. No marketing, no push whatsoever, it's especially sad since they promoted Splatoon so hard (and *gasp* it had a great debut in Japan). A shame because it's genuinely a great game, and there's a demo available for those interested :(

I hope Yurop likes it a bit better than Japan, at least. The Queen needs you! :p

That Artstyle and the genre it's in made it nearly impossible to market correctly, I doubt it would have sold well even with a Splatoon level marketing.

Wow, color me surprised. Nintendo actually marketing a new franchise. And it's doing well. It's like opposite day

Do you live in a weird alternative Earth where the Wii___ franchise never existed, or, for more recent stuff, Tomodachi Life? Nintendo rarely sends a game they feel has potential to die.

Razmos

images

Razmos

R.I.P Bayonetta 2 :(

That being said, they didn't really send it to die since it wouldn't have existed if they hadn't stepped up. They sent it to live! (but it died)

DOWN

Banned
Prayers and common sense answered, Fallout 4 is thankfully current gen.

And it was McDonald's of course folks, but I can't say I dislike any of the guesses or the food from those places. Two McDoubles, fries, and Coke, with a heavy side of speculation with my friend about Fallout 4.

Prayers and common sense answered, Fallout 4 is thankfully current gen.

It doesn't really make a difference that it's current gen though, apparently it's been in development for 4 years and it shows. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a 360/PS3 version is announced later, which has happened with other titles. Doesn't matter much though, the game's art style and atmosphere is great and makes up for the game not really looking up to current gen standards.

Curious to see the mods for it on PC.

Got a message on grindr:
"Hey, before we speak, i'm 16, is that ok?"

No, that's not ok! be gone child!

Grindr can be really fun, (and maybe I'm just chicken-shit) but not knowing what you're really gonna end up with was always unsettling.

Pfft, I have removed myself from all dating/hook up sites. After last night, it makes sense to.

Eh sometimes it's good to take a break for a little while, focus on yourself and come back revitalized.

RM8

That Artstyle and the genre it's in made it nearly impossible to market correctly, I doubt it would have sold well even with a Splatoon level marketing
They probably thought Fire Emblem's success on 3DS would make people more open to another strategy game on the system, but Intelligent Systems' take on American comics' aesthetics was received poorly since the game was revealed. Oh well :/

esms

Eh. I honestly didn't like Fallout 1 or 2, but that's also because I detest top-down mission control style games for the most part. I could get into Fire Emblem 3DS though.

They're cRPG classics, so it's understandable that some will be turned off by them.

It's probably my favorite genre though.

DOWN

Banned
It doesn't really make a difference that it's current gen though, apparently it's been in development for 4 years and it shows. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a 360/PS3 version is announced later, which has happened with other titles. Doesn't matter much though, the game's art style and atmosphere is great and makes up for the game not really looking up to current gen standards.

Curious to see the mods for it on PC.

Does make a difference. BioWare just recently talked about removing features from Inquisition because last gen needs to still be brought to marketable quality, so lead team on current gen can't just haphazardly bust last gen by relying on demanding tech like stronger AI, environment scope, and graphical techniques. When the game is required to be of marketable quality on a 10 year old console it makes a difference, no matter what kind of PR speak some devs (ahem Rise of the Tomb Raider) like to suggest about them not worrying about it.

Fallout 4 is an exciting idea of course, so I'm excited for the supposed stage demo as that's the bigger draw over visuals for Bethesda games.

Symphonia

Banned
Eh, sometimes it's good to take a break for a little while, focus on yourself and come back revitalized.
Nah, I think I'm done with meeting people online. Well, as far as dating goes, anyway. There's a few people from here I'm meeting for drinks in a few weeks. But using OKCupid/Tinder/POF to find potential dates has just been one letdown after another. I'm going to lose some weight, get in shape, sharpen myself up, and start hitting the bars and clubs for some actual face-to-face interaction. Talking and all! Scary stuff.

Kevyt

Nah, I think I'm done with meeting people online. Well, as far as dating goes, anyway. There's a few people from here I'm meeting for drinks in a few weeks. But using OKCupid/Tinder/POF to find potential dates has just been one letdown after another. I'm going to lose some weight, get in shape, sharpen myself up, and start hitting the bars and clubs for some actual face-to-face interaction. Talking and all! Scary stuff.

I actually find the latter easier for me. Talking to someone face to face just feels less awkward than talking through a dating app. I think face-to-face interaction is much better in getting to know the person and seeing if you're interested (and if they are interested in you) or not. You can't always tell that through online interaction imo.

Symphonia

Banned
I actually find the latter easier for me. Talking to someone face to face just feels less awkward than talking through a dating app. I think face-to-face interaction is much better in getting to know the person and seeing if you're interested (and if they are interested in you) or not. You can't always tell that through online interaction imo.
Oh, absolutely. That said, there was one girl a couple of years back who I started talking to through POF. Within a day of talking, we'd arranged a lunch date (she has a child so doing dates at night was tricky) for that week. We met up in a bar, had a few drinks and a bite to eat, and spent four hours talking about anything and everything. We really hit it off big time. Just a shame my ex got involved and ruined it all. She was probably the best date I've had to this day.

Bladenic

Oh, absolutely. That said, there was one girl a couple of years back who I started talking to through POF. Within a day of talking, we'd arranged a lunch date (she has a child so doing dates at night was tricky) for that week. We met up in a bar, had a few drinks and a bite to eat, and spent four hours talking about anything and everything. We really hit it off big time. Just a shame my ex got involved and ruined it all. She was probably the best date I've had to this day.

Oh are you bi? Thought you were gay for sum reason

But anyway good luck! Where I live, I consider it hard to meet gay dudes via any forum other than apps and online to be very difficult unfortunately (though it is possible, just rare and rather up to chance).

RM8

I have never dated guys without meeting them online. It makes things easier even if there's indeed a high chance of not getting what was advertised :[ Mostly people who are totally not looking for immediate casual sex.

Symphonia

Banned
Oh are you bi? Thought you were gay for sum reason

But anyway good luck! Where I live, I consider it hard to meet gay dudes via any forum other than apps and online to be very difficult unfortunately (though it is possible, just rare and rather up to chance).
I am bi, yes, but I've recently become more attracted to men more than women. I'm curious to know what gave you gay vibes from my direction, ha.

Meicyn

Gold Member
It's somewhat of a complicated area at that level, so take your time. I found the game challenging even at level 50 because I had very little health. I focused mostly on intelligence and attunement in the first 100 levels of the game. I was dying in two-three hits. In the end it payed off because I was able to beast through most of the game with 50 intelligence and staff of wisdom fully upgraded.

Is there a build that you're concentrating on (like a faith build, sorceror, strength, dark) or just balancing your stats evenly throughout?
I'm pretty much playing your classic knight type character, armed with a claymore and a mace. I can now cast heal, which will probably be the only miracle I use to be honest. I might have at least one pyromancy spell so I can dish out a little fire on occasion, but I'm going to primarily dish out the hurt via melee. Stats are fairly balanced at the moment, mostly to meet minimums for certain weapons.

RM8

Nintendo should punish you all for not buying The Wonderful 101 and Code Name STEAM by releasing 10 new New Super Mario Bros. during 2016 :p

Alrus

But it's completely true
Nintendo has such talent and its a shame they have to work on the same thing over and over again instead of trying to make something new.

Nintendo releases just as many new IPs as any other giant publishers though. So that's not really true no. Usually that kind of argument involves certain games "not counting" and stuff like that.

Also new IPs for the sake of new IPs is a really dumb thing. The idea that we get 10 000 Mario games doesn't really make sense when they're all in completely different genres. Like, does Mario Kart being a "Mario game" makes you enjoy it less than if it was "cartoon characters not related to existing franchises kart racer"? If the games are good (and they generally are barring a few exception), why do you care?

I'll never understand why nobody calls out MS or Sony for milking their franchises like crazy but somehow Nintendo is held to a different standard. I doubt you'll ever see anyone go "Another fucking Uncharted game? Make new stuff Sony! What a waste of great talent!". Etc etc.

RM8

They regularly create new franchises, though. It's just that they hardly ever become as popular as their established ones. Or they "don't count" for whatever reason. And they'd need to be incredibly stupid to cease the production of popular series - no company does that.

Ty4on

I'll never understand why nobody calls out MS or Sony for milking their franchises like crazy but somehow Nintendo is held to a different standard. I doubt you'll ever see anyone go "Another fucking Uncharted game? Make new stuff Sony! What a waste of great talent!". Etc etc.

Because they rarely break far out of the mold. Most of those series were still created almost or more than 20 years ago and haven't changed radically.
They regularly create new franchises, though.
Few are high profile like Splatoon and even fewer are not made by 2./3. parties like Platinum.

They regularly create new franchises, though. It's just that they hardly ever become as popular as their established ones. Or they "don't count" for whatever reason. And they'd need to be incredibly stupid to cease the production of popular series - no company does that.
they don't advertise them and release them on the eshop

how the are they gonna sell lmao

Alrus

Because they rarely break far out of the mold. Most of those series were still created almost or more than 20 years ago and haven't changed radically.

Again, that's not entirely true (for example Mario has changed dramatically over the year outside of being a platformer. With the exception of Galaxy 1 and 2, no other 3D mario plays exactly the same). And even so, it's people asking for change just for the sake of changes. You don't try to fix something that works.

Some of their series need shaking up (Zelda but they're working on that it seems) but overall I again feel that that kind of criticism is the equivalent of reacting to a new Gran Turismo game by saying "ugh, another realistic racing game?".

RM8

Few are high profile like Splatoon and even fewer are not made by 2./3. parties like Platinum.
I get this, but what makes Splatoon high profile and not Code Name STEAM or The Wonderful 101? They're all full fledged retail games. Also, why does it matter if Platinum did TW101? Nintendo is not a single developer, they consist of a ton of them, with different styles, strengths and weaknesses.

As for series not changing - I for one I'm glad Street Fighter is still Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat is still Mortal Kombat, Kirby is still Kirby, etc. (and to be fair, Halo is still Halo, God of War is still God of War, Gran Turismo is still Gran Turismo... you get the point :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom