• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezan

Things aren't going well in my family and I've been feeling sad/anxious about my future, so much that I can't find anything good in the future to hold on to. Everything was going very well in the last two months but now I'm just starting to think that now bad things will happen to me and will remain unhappy and considering how tense is being at home for me (so much that I get tired just by staying there) I don't think I can get through this.

I can't even talk to my father and say what I feel, because he will begin to throw things in my face, things that happened like 3 or 5 years ago and nobody cares about that and will not listen to what I have to say just so that he remains as the good guy. I hate him but I can't kick him out of this house and I'm stuck here as I don't have a job and won't get that because I already have little time for school.

TL;DR: I'm tired of my life.

Specially I'm feeling more pressure from my family to have a girlfriend and kids, they've been hinting that I should hurry up (wtf?)
First, they are your family, they're not you, whatever they're saying is form their point of view and experience, but obviously it won't work for you and your life. So try not to take those comments as rules you must follow nor let them pressure you into feeling like you need to do something for them. You are young, too young (20 IIRC) it's normal as fuck to feel anxious about the future, the 20s is like the age to experiment with 0 guidance since "you are an adult and we expect you to know what to do now", welcome, most people don't know what to do with their life but many of us fake it because "what will everyone else think about me?". So try not to beat yourself over with that, there is plenty of time to find out what you want to do.

you can talk to your dad and tell him that you understand his point but you are not him and you have different goals and approach, but that might be a little aggressive. But then again when they ask about girlfriends and kids it means they are in aggressive mode, so just tell them that times are different and you don't wanna get married yet.

Also, PM.

Kevyt

I'd probably be an inverted case. It'd be interesting to see how strong the correlation is between the length or cultural commonality of a person's actual name and the usernames/aliases/nicknames they choose. For me at least, I don't think it's inconceivable that an unpronounceable surname and genealogical armada of middle names could lead to favouring shorter usernames. Though that could admittedly also be due to a tragic lack of imagination on my part.

I like my username and my real life name. I love words with o and i sounds. H's and P's too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My mother-in-law has now been living with us for three weeks. I really don't mind, as she and I get along famously and I love her to bits.. but the lack of, umm, alone time is really putting a drag on our usual festivities. That's my only qualm.
#blueball

why cant you have sex when your mother in law is there? do you all sleep in the same bed or something?

mantidor

Bruce Jenner is apparently transitioning into a woman. Coming out as gay is hard enough. Its becoming more socially acceptable. But changing your sex is still a bridge too far for a lot of people. Definitely takes a lot of courage. At least he has the added benefit of being wealthy. I'm sure things are harder when you have to work with people every day who may not agree with your decision.

I read the whole thing and I still don't know who this person is.

Is a relative of Kim Kardashian or something?

So I was eating a Kinder-Egg but instead of the inside being hollow, it was stuffed with a rich, dense and moist tres leches cake. Oh did I mention I was dreaming? Cause I was. Why isn't this a thing in real life?

Kater

Banned
So I was eating a Kinder-Egg but instead of the inside being hollow, it was stuffed with a rich, dense and moist tres leches cake. Oh did I mention I was dreaming? Cause I was. Why isn't this a thing in real life?

jrbEzQY.jpg

That sounds delicious!

halfbeast

Banned
can somebody explain grindr to me? I've been sick these days and re-installed it to play around with it a bit. not willing to pay 12 bucks (!) for a subscription the options are very limited. but it seems busy (busier than other apps I tried) even with those few people in my area (some shitty small town). how come? there are free apps that do a lot more.

or is it the mystery of not knowing who's behind those damn eye close-ups and torso pictures, it might be a supermodel? :O (lol)

DOWN

Banned
I felt sick last night and went to bed at 8, woke up at midnight, couldn't fall back to sleep, headed to work at noon. Starting a 9 hour work day after being up 12 hours on a 4 hour night of sleep is no fun. I feel a mix of exhaustion and like Eeyore.
eeyore.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
yeah, the app alone is. they all are. but options are very limited. there's not even a search function (or is there?).

i'm not sure what your question really is?

dudes are sorted by distance, and you can tap on their pictures to see their stats and chat with them and send pics.

that's what it's for.

Dany

Banned
I felt sick last night and went to bed at 8, woke up at midnight, couldn't fall back to sleep, headed to work at noon. Starting a 9 hour work day after being up 12 hours on a 4 hour night of sleep is no fun. I feel a mix of exhaustion and like Eeyore.
eeyore.jpg
What kind of sick?

eeyore.jpg

I'm there with you. After last week I just feel exhausted at work. I could take vacation but we're only a month into the year. :(

daripad

I like my username and my real life name. I love words with o and i sounds. H's and P's too.

What is your real life name?

I love my full name, is full of D's :p
I hate hate hate my first name

And thanks for the support guys, I'll try to not be so anxious but with school coming up this week it is normal for me to have this feeling and my family is not making it easier for me >.<

And thanks for the support guys, I'll try to not be so anxious but with school coming up this week it is normal for me to have this feeling and my family is not making it easier for me >.<
Take a deep breath Dari.
You'll be OK, you're gonna be fine at school no.matter.what.your family says.

DOWN

Banned
What kind of sick?
I felt nervous all day and never figured out why, then at night I felt cold, shaky/weak, and tired. Normally I got to bed at the end of the night or start of the morning but I just felt tired suddenly. When I woke up I just still felt nervous for reasons unknown.
I'm there with you. After last week I just feel exhausted at work. I could take vacation but we're only a month into the year. :(
Thanks. Hope you get to relax a bit soon. I've never called out of work because it makes me nervous so I've gone in sick a few times, but this might be worse. Tired is hard.

I felt nervous all day and never figured out why, then at night I felt cold, shaky/weak, and tired. Normally I got to bed at the end of the night or start of the morning but I just felt tired suddenly. When I woke up I just still felt nervous for reasons unknown.

Thanks. Hope you get to relax a bit soon. I've never called out of work because it makes me nervous so I've gone in sick a few times, but this might be worse. Tired is hard.

Are you in school too? What are you studying?

Kevyt

PM sent.

It's okay Dari try not to stress too much.

Do you sleep during the day?

halfbeast

Banned
i'm not sure what your question really is?

dudes are sorted by distance, and you can tap on their pictures to see their stats and chat with them and send pics.

that's what it's for.

my question was why people prefer it over an app that doesn't hide basic options behind a paywall.

I know how to tap on pictures. :p

HylianTom

Banned
why cant you have sex when your mother in law is there? do you all sleep in the same bed or something?
Nah, but the bedrooms are right across the hall from each other, and while the walls in this place are pretty standard you can still hear soooooo much.

I might get Greg to come to my work one day this week, when it's closing. I'm the only person in my department, so I have this whole big area to myself. We used to be very masterful sneakers
{*insert Elder Scrolls sneak skill joke here*}
, so it might be time to renew those skills for a while.. :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nah, but the bedrooms are right across the hall from each other, and while the walls in this place are pretty standard you can still hear soooooo much.

I might get Greg to come to my work one day this week, when it's closing. I'm the only person in my department, so I have this whole big area to myself. We used to be very masterful sneakers
{*insert Elder Scrolls sneak skill joke here*}
, so it might be time to renew those skills for a while.. :p

Have sex on the floor where the bed won't creak? Have sex in the shower/tub where she can't hear you? Wait until she's in the shower/tub? Wait until she leaves the house for bingo? Go outside in the middle of the night and do it in the grass? On the deck? On the roof? You guys need to think outside the box.

Have you ever had sex on the MRI (or whatever) machine? Inside? You should scan the two of you in the act and save the video. Your future grandkids won't believe what a cool sex tape you made.

HylianTom

Banned
Have sex on the floor where the bed won't creak? Have sex in the shower/tub where she can't hear you? Wait until she's in the shower/tub? Wait until she leaves the house for bingo? Go outside in the middle of the night and do it in the grass? On the deck? On the roof? You guys need to think outside the box.

Have you ever had sex on the MRI (or whatever) machine? Inside? You should scan the two of you in the act and save the video. Your future grandkids won't believe what a cool sex tape you made.
I'd love to do the MRI machine, but it requires a third person to operate the machine. That would be awesome though!

VegiHam

OK so I've never watched any Nfl before ever but my housemates and I are watching the Superbowl and I feel like your American TV has mislead me; are football quarterback people not supposed to be the hottest guy in school and prom king and stuff?

Many of these gentlemen are not particularly noteworthy.

OK so I've never watched any Nfl before ever but my housemates and I are watching the Superbowl and I feel like your American TV has mislead me; are football quarterback people not supposed to be the hottest guy in school and prom king and stuff?

Maybe in the movies. We put a strange importance on sports so the QB gets a lot of visibility/popularity.

Vazduh

I just watched a documentary about bug chasers called The Gift (somebody recommended it in one of the OT threads) and it disturbed me more than most horror movies I've watched, to be quite honest.

The reasonings behind their decisions were insane, from "I didn't want to live in fear of getting HIV, so I've just decided to go for it" to even crazier "I've wanted to feel special". Stomach-churning stuff.

Watch it if you have ~60 minutes of spare time.

Golnei

Guys, you need to buy Beril's Gunman Clive 2. It's so much better than the first one :]

I should definitely get around to that, I quite liked the first. Probably won't play it until I get a N3DS, but if I wait, the pangs of guilt I'd feel whenever Beril posts would be unbearable.

I'd love to do the MRI machine, but it requires a third person to operate the machine. That would be awesome though!

I'm sure you'd have no shortage of volunteers.
You can offer the most enticing view of gyrating meat imaginable.

tumblr_liovtqNC0W1qcupmyo1_500.gif

That reminds me, I really have to try making osso bucco this week.

Kevyt

Tom Brady is hawt.

HylianTom

Banned
Thanks for the offers, guys! :)
(Too bad the two of us won't fit in at the same time.. the MRI bore is pretty small)

And now I'm flipping back and forth between the game and Around the World in 80 Days on TCM. These commercials have been lackluster and depressing!

KmA

So I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and I romanced one of the characters.

So Dorian gets all freaky with the main character and then we see his ass...

I'm a bit jumbled. After years of playing games that are pandered to a straight male audience I'm finally getting pandered to and it feels good. It feels real good.

So I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and I romanced one of the characters.

So Dorian gets all freaky with the main character and then we see his ass...

I'm a bit jumbled. After years of playing games that are pandered to a straight male audience I'm finally getting pandered to and it feels good. It feels real good.

Haha, I tried with
Bull and you dont see it. Just his massive...body with strategic sheet placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom