• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Nintendo's event sure was disappointing, but come on, peoples expectations were FAR too high after the Sony conference.

All the hyperbole is crazy.

That being said, Nintendo did make a whole bunch of mistakes.

alvmew

While I am incredibly hype for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam...

FUCK NINTENDO, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?! ;______________;

EDIT: Okay yeah, I want Yoshi and Fire Emblem, but we knew about those. Ugh Ninty. Why do I let you hurt me so?

RM8

I honestly didn't have high expectations, but they announced like 3 minor new games, and we knew about the existence of Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi, etc.

RM8

So what's next for E3? As someone who doesn't really care about Final Fantasy or Uncharted, it's been a rather tame show :[ My most hyped games have been known for ages now (Street Fighter, Mario Maker, XCOM, Fire Emblem, etc.)

They didn't even touch the upcoming Mystery Dungeon game :/

Kangi

Looks like nothing more that I'm interested in.

Guess Nintendo at least gave me the consolation prize of EarthBound Beginnings. Maybe once I'm done with it E3 2016 will be here.

Golnei

I didn't really have much in the way of expectations, considering they're in the middle of retiring a mediocre handheld and massively failed console, but the depths they plummeted to were hilarious. It takes talent to put together a presentation so laborious and mind-numbing.

Alrus

Honestly I have almost always felt underwhelmed by Nintendo conferences with very few exception, they spend a lot of time talking about boring shit or stuff we already know a lot about.

Both of their platforms are pretty much done for in terms of high profile releases from them so I hope they decided to spend more ressources on trying to make the NX launch good for once.

I'm still sad the Wii U will never get a proper 3D mario (SM3DW was fine but that's not the direction I want the series to go :( ) and will probably not get Zelda either.

Edit : But seriously Nintendo, a fucking Animal Crossing Party game? What a fucking cocktease. At least we're getting Xenoblade this year, and Starfox looks cool.

RM8

Why on earth did they completely avoid mentioning stuff that is confirmed for this year like Legend of Legacy, Rodea or Stella Glow? It's like they actively tried to make the event as barren as possible.

VegiHam

Why on earth did they completely avoid mentioning stuff that is confirmed for this year like Legend of Legacy, Rodea or Stella Glow? It's like they actively tried to make the event as barren as possible.

Because they need to make sure we understand Yoshi. They've only shown it at about a dozen directs and yesterday on youtube. And it's out like next month so it's super important. Also, Skylandermiibos. Those are important.

RM8

Because they need to make sure we understand Yoshi. They've only shown it at about a dozen directs and yesterday on youtube. And it's out like next month so it's super important. Also, Skylandermiibos. Those are important.
They just freaking released a Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water trailer. Why was that not shown during the digital event!? Lol Nintendo.

Golnei

Perhaps they're delayed.

It was bizarre. They didn't have much to show, but they went out of their way to show what they did have in the worst possible way. It'd probably have been better to roll the Smash direct, trailers for new localisations and the Earthbound Zero "announcement" into the main presentation; shift a couple of segments around, not give any attention to the travesty wearing Metroid's corpse and cut the developer interviews down - at least it'd have just been 'unexceptional', not as absurdly painful.

Symphonia

Banned
giphy.gif

I will admit, I haven't given too much of a shit about Kingdom Hearts story since 1.
The gameplay and the Disney Worlds is what I'm solely interested in.

Caladrius

My apologies for crashing the E3 after-party. (Yay Halo 5 KH3, Star fox, Horizon, TLG and Yoshi BTW)

So my ex-boyfriend of sorts just contacted me for the first time in over two years.
I think I've mentioned him before here. We had met about 7 years ago and we in contact for 5 years. The whole time there was kinda confusion about the nature of the relationship. I thought we were in a long-distance relationship, and he seems to have thought of us as friends with benefits. After some prying I finally figured that out, and decided to break off contact with him out of frustration. (Which was pretty shitty, I concede. Though in my defense part of the reason I did so is that he actively avoided trying to meet with me on two occasions.)

Part of me wants to give him a second chance, but I have no idea how to read him. He wouldn't talk to me if he didn't like my company, but at the same time I don't know how much he really likes me.

My most anticipated games.

1. Horizon
2. The Tomorrow Children
3. The Tomorrow Children (on purpose)
4. No Man's Sky
5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
6. The Last Guardian
7. Mother Russia Bleeds
8. Firewatch
9. Kingdom Hearts 3
10. Dreams

Caladrius

you don't owe him anything if he thought he could cheat without telling you.

We had agreed that exclusivity wasn't required from the outset (though, due to the age gap, in practice, he was the only one who ever had different partners).

That said I'm definitely hesitant. I'm wondering how to defuse this should I decide to push him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom