• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

NieR spoilers:
If the girl in the trailer for NieR 2 is Kaine, it would be cool if she was the main playable character. A game with a trans/intersex character as the main protagonist would just be crazy cool.

RM8

When's marvel?

/kappa
Never, because of copyright and stuff ;P

SFV looking awesome! I'm overdosed on Ryu, though. Capcom made some non-Ryu characters too, you're supposed to play as them, people!

BTW the new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon looks great, so if course they didn't show it during the event. I want to slap Iwata.

It has all been redeemed with stealth Classic Link though:
original__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

Those legs though!

Yea that's pretty dope.

new Agent 47 looks pretty rad to me, same voice actor. HITMAN

A10nPZ8.jpg

Never played Hitman before. Trailer looked cool. Will probably pick it up.

Dany

Banned
We had agreed that exclusivity wasn't required from the outset (though, due to the age gap, in practice, he was the only one who ever had different partners).

That said I'm definitely hesitant. I'm wondering how to defuse this should I decide to push him away.

He kinda betrayed your trust. It was long distant? Did you two ever meet? What do you mean by 'in contact'?

Caladrius

He kinda betrayed your trust. It was long distant? Did you two ever meet? What do you mean by 'in contact'?

Long distance, yes. We never met. We spoke with each other nearly every week for 5 years. (Some of the talk was romantic and we showed quite a bit of skin.)

The overall agreement was that if we were both single by the time we could meet then we'd actually be an item.

I apologize if this is all vague. I was pretty confused the whole time about everything myself, and obviously there's more to it than just my perspective.

Dany

Banned
Perhaps you're reading too much in what could of been, if you two ever met in person.

Don't discount your perspective in this. You held 'you and him' to something else and he clearly did not. Sure there was miscommunication

3phemeral

I'm still slayed by Horizon. After Skyrim, I'm all in for open-world games that reach that magical level of immersion with an environment that looks so incredibly well realized.

3dUUuy

Rayis

The most disappointing thing about Nintendo's event is no Nintendo VS Capcom, regardless, I'm not ever buying a Wii U RIP Nintendo.

Kater

Banned
Ninty's presentation was at least entertaining with the Muppets skits and some more SMT x FE / Fire Emblem Fate was nice to see too. Also, kinda interested in the Metroid Prime Federation Force game even though I'm not much of a fan of the series.

I'm not as disappointend by Nintendo's E3 personally, I didn't expect much as it's obvious the Wii U is bowing out in a year's time. I'm actually surprised they said Zelda's still coming out for it. It'll be a great last year with games like Super Mario Maker, Star Fox, Mario Tennis and Zelda, etc.

Bladenic

Ninty's presentation was at least entertaining with the Muppets skits and some more SMT x FE / Fire Emblem Fate was nice to see too. Also, kinda interested in the Metroid Prime Federation Force game even though I'm not much of a fan of the series.

WTF is SMT x FE though, like seriously. I'm thinking this is some joke trailer of like the first 5 minutes of the game before it becomes what it really is supposed to be

RM8

Whatever it is, it's the opposite of what I imagined a SMT x FE collaboration would be :( I'll stick to Fire Emblem.

Berordn

WTF is SMT x FE though, like seriously. I'm thinking this is some joke trailer of like the first 5 minutes of the game before it becomes what it really is supposed to be

It honestly seems closer to Persona with FE cameos instead of your usual creatures.

Which will probably be fine but not at all what I think anyone was expecting when they announced SMT.

Caladrius

SMTxFE looks like a bundle of ridiculous cheese, which is reason enough for me to get it. Unless gameplay turns out to be a disaster.

Perhaps you're reading too much in what could of been, if you two ever met in person.

Don't discount your perspective in this. You held 'you and him' to something else and he clearly did not. Sure there was miscommunication

So you're saying I should give him the benefit of the doubt, at least as far as being a friend goes?

I'm not as disappointend by Nintendo's E3 personally, I didn't expect much as it's obvious the Wii U is bowing out in a year's time. I'm actually surprised they said Zelda's still coming out for it. It'll be a great last year with games like Super Mario Maker, Star Fox, Mario Tennis and Zelda, etc.

I'm of a similar opinion. Wii U is on life support until NX puts it out of its misery.
Though tbh I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset there wasn't Metroid Prime 4.

Jesus the pacing for the SE Conference was a freaking disaster. How do these companies not know to put together a coherent presentation without filler nobody cares about?

Sony won this E3. Easily.

Yeah, remember, Nintendo said no NX and Zelda at this E3. I knew to keep my expectations in check.

I love what they've shown of Star Fox. Platinum Games is my everything and I'm glad they're working on it.

Achtius

I am extremely upset about Animal Crossing amiibo Festivals....seriously? >_<

They can perfectly sell the amiibo with a real animal crossing game =/

RM8

This is truly not my favorite E3, I pretty much don't care about any announcement from anyone (literally outside of two games - Unravel and Trackmania Turbo). All games I'm buying this year had been revealed previously. Oh well, 2015 has been and will be overall a nice year releases-wise.

The PC event is about to start, but I know what to expect - benchmarky shooty games :x

This is truly not my favorite E3, I pretty much don't care about any announcement from anyone (literally outside of two games - Unravel and Trackmania Turbo). All games I'm buying this year had been revealed previously. Oh well, 2015 has been and will be overall a nice year releases-wise.

The PC event is about to start, but I know what to expect - benchmarky shooty games :x
Oh yeah, totally forgot about those games.
Trackmania and Unravel both look absolutely gorgeous.

mantidor

I basically forgot there was E3 this week, am I getting old? D:

Starfox looks rough, but it looks so much fun, why is it so difficult to find both graphics and fun?

I basically forgot there was E3 this week, am I getting old? D:

Starfox looks rough, but it looks so much fun, why is it so difficult to find both graphics and fun?

I don't get the bitching about the graphics. It has a very clean and retro look, running at 60fps, and is running on both the game pad and the tv screen. The Treehouse stuff that showed some other levels looked great, I trust Platinum and the hate Star Fox is getting is annoying. Not sure what people expect.

mantidor

I don't get the bitching about the graphics. It has a very clean and retro look, running at 60fps, and is running on both the game pad and the tv screen. The Treehouse stuff that showed some other levels looked great, I trust Platinum and the hate Star Fox is getting is annoying. Not sure what people expect.

I'm not a graphics whore at all and I don't think it looks bad, but the Wii U can certainly do better.

It looks so fun though.

It's mainly because it could look so much better. Especially when compared to other great looking games on that system.

Kater

Banned

Some crazy animu Fire Emblem & Shin Megami Tensei crossover. :p

I love crazy and I can dig the animu.

RM8

So updating my list:

- Street Fighter V
- Dark Souls 3
- Legend of Legacy
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Super Mario Maker
- XCOM 2
- Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Hellblade (if it's more DmC and less Enslaved)
- Unravel
- Trackmania Turbo
- Stella Glow
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Star Fox Zero
- Killer Instinct PC
- Yo-kai Watch

Eh, it's not that terrible. This one was clearly for the Square-Enix and Sony fans, though!

I'm not a graphics whore at all and I don't think it looks bad, but the Wii U can certainly do better.

It looks so fun though.

It's mainly because it could look so much better. Especially when compared to other great looking games on that system.

Well, this is Nintendo. We've seen their games make some visual progress through development. Reminds me of the Mario 3D World announcement, I think people are overreacting tbqh.

mantidor

Well, this is Nintendo. We've seen their games make some visual progress through development. Reminds me of the Mario 3D World announcement, I think people are overreacting tbqh.

Yup, I'm getting it either way.

That Metroid though... like if Other M wasn't enough of a punch in your guts, they come up with that... I'm still scratching my head... and crying.

Berordn

Honestly the Metroid trailer really looks like it was showing the wrong parts. Phendrana Drifts 3DS was never going to be impressive and if they were trying to evoke some nostalgia from Prime that's just a poor idea - kind of like how they cut the original 3D World reveal trailer. I'm sure the final product will look similar, but as long as we see better gameplay down the line, it's salvageable.

Bladenic

i wish there was an emotions switch similar to the vampire diaries humanity switch. so when i or we feel lonely because we want someone to hang out with, watch tv with, and go to bed with, we can just turn that shit off.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I was kind of shocked by how disappointed in Nintendo's conference I was. It was basically a conference of spinoff announcements and didn't announce anything I thought was a safe bet. The fact that their A teams seem to be working on other things (I'm sure an AC Wii U was planned at some point but then scrapped once Wii U sales were poor) makes me think Wii U is leaving earlier than I guessed (2016 rather than 2017). It's also a matter of their presentation just being poor, since they did have other games they could have shown or just chose to show earlier for whatever reason. Really surprised Retro didn't show up. If Wii U is replaced in 2016 by whatever NX is, I wouldn't be surprised if Retro gets a project out for the new hardware within the first year like they did with Metroid Prime 1. Right now, if something gets announced next year as a console that could replace Wii U, then I expect the new mainline Mario, the next Retro game, and the new Zelda (cross-platform release) to show up on it and at that reveal event. E3 2016 could be crazy for Nintendo with NX and new games&#8212;they didn't show anything that appears to be releasing after E3 2016&#8212;but it seems like it came at the cost of having a hype-deflating presentation at E3 2015. The games seem fine and fun, but they weren't exciting. I liked the puppets though.

Also, I feel bad about the Metroid Prime 3DS hate. It really shouldn't be using the Metroid label at all, but the people at Next Level Games seem great. I'm sure the game itself is going to be fun, given NLG's history. I assume Nintendo gave them the Metroid license and pushed them towards this kind of game, which makes me a bit sad for them.

Caladrius

no, it was long distance. You can try being friends with an ex, but i know i couldn't.

Ah.

I think I'm going to give friendship a chance, but I'm going to make it firmly clear to him why we stopped speaking and what I expect from this.

If this was just a problem of miscommunication, I'm not making that mistake again.

Thanks for the help peoples.

Razmos

This is glorious

Also, since the tumblr blog I linked to has a Carmilla profile pic. Does anyone watch it?

It's a youtube series about lesbians and spooky goings on at a university when people start disappearing, Tumblr seems to love it. I quite enjoyed it myself, the videos being only a few minutes long really helps.

Haven't started watching season 2 yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom