• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
wut

Explicitly, yes. But my post was far from explicit.

Talk about what you want but dont expect everyone to follow that conversation. Those interested in talking kinks will do and those not interested will continue with their other conversations. Its not a big deal and if some want to be extra careful with bans let them be. Just keep things SFW

d43nSpV.gif

Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Straight
Where Are You From? Illinois/Indiana
Where Do You Live? Indiana
How Old Are you? 32
Favorite Type of Music? Dance music (EDM, I guess?)
Profession or Career interest? Finance
Favorite video game(s)? River City Ransom, Civilization II, Super Meat Boy
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? MST3K, Movies, teh internet

Howdy!

Kater

Banned
GAF's 'No Fun Allowed' Force want any sort of sexual talk forbidden.

No, I'm not policing your posting behaviour, I'm not a mod. I was taking your post as an example and asked you and others to be a bit more mindful of posting things like that, not everyone can stomach reading about watersports and what-have-you.

tumblr_nqe1yaUquB1tdw3bno1_250.gif

So where are most of my fellow LGBT Gaffers located? Sadly I'm in a less-than-gay-friendly place

Austria, where the laws on everything when it comes to equality is shit.

PulseONE

Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 32

Howdy!
I clearly did not read the OP as I didn't realize I had to do this D:

Let's get it out of the way
Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Trinidad, West Indies
Where Do You Live? San Fernando, Trinidad
How Old Are you? 26
Favorite Type of Music? Torn between classical and drum and bass
Profession or Career interest? IT, but want to get into graphic design
Favorite video game(s)? Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Persona
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Graphic design, talking to people bout their problems, breathing occasionally

Austria, where the laws on everything when it comes to equality is shit.

I know the feeling, it's illegal to even ENTER my country if you're gay (including returning residents)

They can't ACTUALLY prove anything though so...

Kater

Banned

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 26
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Graphic design, talking to people bout their problems, breathing occasionally

I know the feeling, it's illegal to even ENTER my country if you're gay (including returning residents)

Oh, you are new. Welcome to the thread then, Pulse. :D

And sheesh, that's way worse than it is here. :( But yeah, wish it could turn around, I was hoping Austria being part of the EU would put more pressure on the politicians to be less conservative shits. But sadly everything stays unchanged so far.

Welcome to you too, Skip. Cute avi. :)

Razmos

Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 32

Howdy!
Welcome! :)

Kinsei

Banned
You people making me Google what all these state abbreviations mean XD
Nova Scotia, nice, always wanted to visit Canada, people I've met who've been there says its extremely clean

It's pretty clean, a big exception is our harbor though. It had to be closed to swimmers for 30 years because of all the raw sewage dumped into the water. Even then we still sometimes have beach closures whenever the sewage treatment plants go offline for whatever reason. IIRC the last ban was from 2008-2010 when one of the plants flooded and stopped working.

PulseONE

Oh, you are new. Welcome to the thread then, Pulse. :D

And sheesh, that's way worse than it is here. :( But yeah, wish it could turn around, I was hoping Austria being part of the EU would put more pressure on the politicians to be less conservative shits. But sadly everything stays unchanged so far.

Indeed I am, thank you :D

Yeah, but at least nowadays people are TALKING about it...I just try to avoid hearing what the populace has to say because...well...lemme just say don't click the comments page of that article

It's pretty clean, a big exception is our harbor though. It had to be closed to swimmers for 30 years because of all the raw sewage dumped into the water. Even then we still sometimes have beach closures whenever the sewage treatment plants go offline for whatever reason. IIRC the last ban was from 2008-2010 when one of the plants flooded and stopped working.
Oh gods, I feel so sorry for anyone who swam there D:

All fetishes are odd.
Fair point, I guess that's what makes them fetishes, though basically everyone has at least ONE (I've got a foot one myself!)

Crayons

Banned
All fetishes are unusual.

All fetishes are odd.

this this this!

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 26

Welcome to the thread

I blacked out yesterday, from 2PM-5AM, I was at home so it didn't matter, but I mean I guess it would've been cool if I knew what happened

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 32

Howdy!

Hello there! How do you like Indiana? I don't think I have a good sense of what that state is like.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 26

Hi PulseONE! Last year, my roommate was from Trinidad. He never mentioned anything about the anti-gay legislation...I didn't realize that was the case. That's pretty terrible.

I'm in Northern California (NorCal), currently in the SF Bay Area and originally from the Sacramento region.

blacked out yesterday, from 2PM-5AM, I was at home so it didn't matter, but I mean I guess it would've been cool if I knew what happened

Blacked out because of substances? Or unrelated medical problems?

PulseONE

Hi PulseONE! Last year, my roommate was from Trinidad. He never mentioned anything about the anti-gay legislation...I didn't realize that was the case. That's pretty terrible.

Yeah unless he was gay I don't think he would have. Luckily most of it isn't ENFORCED, after all it's hard to prove...but things do happen, like a gay guy living in my area was killed and left to rot less than a mile from where I live. Police did nothing about it because it was widely known he was gay.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah unless he was gay I don't think he would have. Luckily most of it isn't ENFORCED, after all it's hard to prove...but things do happen, like a gay guy living in my area was killed and left to rot less than a mile from where I live. Police did nothing about it because it was widely known he was gay.

Oh my... Think things will change? Or do you have any plans to leave?

PulseONE

Oh my... Think things will change? Or do you have any plans to leave?

People are at least TALKING about it, so that's a step up. But when you hear some of the things most of the populace has to say about us...it's...discouraging to say the least.

I'd love to leave with my BF, we could maybe get married someday even, but I don't see things changing HERE anytime soon, maybe next decade or two.

Hello there! How do you like Indiana? I don't think I have a good sense of what that state is like.
I love living in Indiana. I live in the Indianapolis area, and it's like a lot of the great things you want from a big city (good eating, major league sports teams [NBA and NFL covered]) with much easier traffic and low cost of living.

There are drawbacks, to be sure. There is animosity between the city of Indianapolis and the state legislature, and it pops up every now and then in something like the ridiculous RFRA legislation. There is not a lot of diversity, but cities like Indianapolis and Bloomington are more diverse than living out in the boonies.

But the state is headed in the right direction, I believe. We just had the largest Pride Parade in the city's history (my company marched in the parade and I was part of it!) Indianapolis has a Republican mayor at the moment, but he was the Grand Marshall in the Pride Parade. The RFRA was bad, it did show that a majority of Hoosiers are on board with making sexual orientation a protected class. We vote in a governor like Mike Pence every now and then, but we also vote in a Senator like Joe Donnelly over a more social conservative opponent. So it's like two steps forward, one step back.

I'm part of my company's LGBT employee resource group as an ally and doing my best to create an environment where everyone can be their full self at work. And our big local businesses are all supportive of LGBT employees and fought against the RFRA action.

I'd love to hear Mumei or other Hoosier GAF members throw in their cents (I'd say Escape Goat but I'm pretty sure he's left the state so he's DEAD TO ME [jk <3]). I am a straight, male WASP so my views of the state could be swayed in that regard. But having moved here 16 years ago, I feel like Indiana is home. And I'm trying my best to understand LGBTQIA issues to that LGBTQIA Hoosiers can feel at home, too.

(Oh, and Andrew Luck is the best. Except that silly beard. He is pretty dashing when he's clean cut, he should really not go the beard route.)

Delio

If anyone wants to discus NSFW topics, but is hesitant too, then the skype chat offers a place for it.

Yes, join us in Heavensward, Del.

@-@ how many people play this game here. Also I'd have to start from level one again. I dont think I got a character high enough on the PC version.

Kevyt

Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 32

Howdy!

Welcome! What do you think about the more recent Civilization games like Civ V, the expansion DLC's and Beyond Earth?

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 26

Wow that sucks. I didn't know Trinidad had such extreme archaic laws.

Welcome to the thread!

The read was amazing though (y)

I love living in Indiana. I live in the Indianapolis area, and it's like a lot of the great things you want from a big city (good eating, major league sports teams [NBA and NFL covered]) with much easier traffic and low cost of living.

There are drawbacks, to be sure. There is animosity between the city of Indianapolis and the state legislature, and it pops up every now and then in something like the ridiculous RFRA legislation. There is not a lot of diversity, but cities like Indianapolis and Bloomington are more diverse than living out in the boonies.

But the state is headed in the right direction, I believe. We just had the largest Pride Parade in the city's history (my company marched in the parade and I was part of it!) Indianapolis has a Republican mayor at the moment, but he was the Grand Marshall in the Pride Parade. The RFRA was bad, it did show that a majority of Hoosiers are on board with making sexual orientation a protected class. We vote in a governor like Mike Pence every now and then, but we also vote in a Senator like Joe Donnelly over a more social conservative opponent. So it's like two steps forward, one step back.

I'm part of my company's LGBT employee resource group as an ally and doing my best to create an environment where everyone can be their full self at work. And our big local businesses are all supportive of LGBT employees and fought against the RFRA action.

I'd love to hear Mumei or other Hoosier GAF members throw in their cents (I'd say Escape Goat but I'm pretty sure he's left the state so he's DEAD TO ME [jk <3]). I am a straight, male WASP so my views of the state could be swayed in that regard. But having moved here 16 years ago, I feel like Indiana is home. And I'm trying my best to understand LGBTQIA issues to that LGBTQIA Hoosiers can feel at home, too.

(Oh, and Andrew Luck is the best. Except that silly beard. He is pretty dashing when he's clean cut, he should really not go the beard route.)

Sounds like you work for an amazing company. Sometimes it's difficult to understand certain topics/issues but its best to always respect everyone regardless of whether you understand them or not. :)

Late to this party.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 32

Howdy!

Welcome!

Ah so lucky, I hear there are lots of LGBT friendly places there

Yes! I grew up in Florida which was an incredibly racist and homophobic experience, so coming out here was a w e s o m e. No one bats an eye when I wear heels or makeup or robes, whatever, ha!

Speaking of: 4 days until I go back to SoCal
before coming back here on the 4th.

Where to in SoCal?

Welcome! What do you think about the more recent Civilization games like Civ V, the expansion DLC's and Beyond Earth?

Sounds like you work for an amazing company. Sometimes it's difficult to understand certain topics/issues but its best to always respect everyone regardless of whether you understand them or not. :)
Played Civ III and IV. I liked them both fine. But I still think I like Civ II the best.

I do work for a pretty awesome company! They've gotten 100% HRC rating for the past decade or so.

Crayons

Banned
Yep! :)

Set up webcams throughout your house and hit record before you go on a bender.

hah.great idea
I'm gonna assume I just slept because I can't remember anything.

I'm in Northern California (NorCal), currently in the SF Bay Area and originally from the Sacramento region.

Blacked out because of substances? Or unrelated medical problems?
substances. just one of these and I'm OUT

so i'm still going to the gym after 3 months. there's this Mexican guy that's probably juiced up. every time he goes in with a lot of energy and always pushing a lot of weights or pretty much the same like every other day. and his voice though.

then there's the Mexican incest brothers. i'm sure they are brothers considering they got the same haircut and wear the same type of clothes. unsure what they are going with with that look. my buff David Henrie got injured. so he's a hot mess with his hair and big ass bifocals. lol. then there's this one old Mexican guy i'm pretty sure just there to look at the ladies and guys too. but hey. i do the same all the time.

but progressing nicely though ;P

i should have been taking pictures but neglect to.

Kater

Banned
Indeed I am, thank you :D

Yeah, but at least nowadays people are TALKING about it...I just try to avoid hearing what the populace has to say because...well...lemme just say don't click the comments page of that article
Seems like you have quite the uphill battle there when it comes to issues regarding human rights of minorities there. It's bad here, but not comparable to the situation in Trinidad. I'm sorry for everyone who has to live in fear there and I do hope that things will change for the better so that you and others don't have to live in danger for who you are anymore.

And yes, the comments are awful but what would you expect, people like to rub you their irrational hatred in the face at every corner. It's annoying and very, very rude in my eyes.

there's a few more mexicans.

one. he wears camo shorts and a regular tee. he walks from somewhere just to go the gym.

when he's there he's always doing arms and stays on the phone

the other mexican i rarely see anymore but he only does legs the days he does come

my brother's work buddy is mexican.

there's this old man wearing his wrestling singlet. he's always looking towards our group. probably because we legit cool (y)

It's not full of mexicans. i just filtered everyone else out for my pleasure ;P

Los Angeles, Alhambra, Whittier (family); El Segundo (old friends/coworkers) if there's time. Only there for a week so going to try and squeeze everyone in but I'm incredibly bad at organizing those things.

What part are you from again?

I live in Laguna Niguel, which is an hour south of LA and an hour north of SD.

@-@ how many people play this game here. Also I'd have to start from level one again. I dont think I got a character high enough on the PC version.

I JUST started playing XIV on Sunday - never played an MMO before but I love Final Fantasy games, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I bought Heavensward so hopefully I can stick it out enough to get to all the cool stuff I saw in the trailers.

I'm on Gilgamesh. Currently, going through the new story as a Scholar.
I'm guessing I'm going to go through a few low level characters until I find a class combo that I like. Who knows, I might end up on Gilgamesh! The servers have been really fickle lately, which I'm assuming has to do with people rushing to play the game now that Heavensward is out.

I totally bought Batman today for Ps4 and I forgot to download it.

I guess it's the same all over the world? The limited edition was of too poor quality so it's delayed?
Gamestop offered to sell my a download code of the game and when the limited edition arrives they subtract what I have already paid and I just pay the difference. So two copies at the price of one.
The regular game is 85 dollars though, oh Gamestop.

Update on my money-slave, yes I'm still talking to him lol:
I get rock hard by the thought of heing ruined. It feels weird, sexy, hot, unusual and COMPLETELY RIGHT

I'm guessing I'm going to go through a few low level characters until I find a class combo that I like. Who knows, I might end up on Gilgamesh! The servers have been really fickle lately, which I'm assuming has to do with people rushing to play the game now that Heavensward is out.

Classes/Jobs can really change in feeling as you level. But one of the great things about FF14 is that you can do everything with one character, so experimenting doesn't mean starting over.

Yea. It got really bad on the Aether data center. Couldn't log in for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom