• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classes/Jobs can really change in feeling as you level. But one of the great things about FF14 is that you can do everything with one character, so experimenting doesn't mean starting over.

Yea. It got really bad on the Aether data center. Couldn't log in for hours.

I didn't know that! How does changing jobs work in the game?

Yeah the first night I played I had to try a couple of times before it let me in. I just messed around with character creation for a long time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What system is everyone playing FFXIV on?

If anyone wants to discus NSFW topics, but is hesitant too, then the skype chat offers a place for it.

If anyone wants to have tons of pictures thrown at them and no way to disable it, and have the app crash, then the skype chat offers a place for it too.

OhuAhYA.gif

DOWN

Banned
Yeah how do you delete the history without leaving the group on skype? I can't open the group chat without it getting stuck

red13th

Los Angeles, Alhambra, Whittier (family); El Segundo (old friends/coworkers) if there's time. Only there for a week so going to try and squeeze everyone in but I'm incredibly bad at organizing those things.

What part are you from again?

I have family in La Habra/Whittier too, I spent a week there for a cousin's wedding. I liked it in there, hope to be back soon.

Congratulations on the marriage! :D

That aside though, are there fun things to do in London? Is that a serious question? There's so much to do, you gotta narrow it down man :p

Thanks! I'm only staying for 10 days and London seems so overwhelming, no idea where to start.

3phemeral

I live in Laguna Niguel, which is an hour south of LA and an hour north of SD.
I'm familiar. I went there to the beach for an anniversary with an ex and a drunk (and probably drugged-out) guy was watching us through our shoreline hotel window, masturbating, and somehow unlocked the deadbolt on our door. He disappeared and when I heard a knock on the door, he pretended to be the police. Fun times.

It's a beautiful place, though. Just happened to be unlucky that night.

I have family in La Habra/Whittier too, I spent a week there for a cousin's wedding. I liked it in there, hope to be back soon.

Yeah, it's a nice little area. My partner's family moved there not too long ago and we take turns staying there and at my parents place when we visit. Traffic from Alhambra to Whittier (and everywhere else, for that matter) has gotten so much worse since I left. It's horrible. Makes me appreciate the non-traffic here in Michigan where everyone speeds and gets away with it, even senior citizens.

Kevyt

I'm familiar. I went there to the beach for an anniversary with an ex and a drunk (and probably drugged-out) guy was watching us through our shoreline hotel window, masturbating, and somehow unlocked the deadbolt on our door. He disappeared and when I heard a knock on the door, he pretended to be the police. Fun times.

It's a beautiful place, though. Just happened to be unlucky that night.

Yeah, it's a nice little area. My partner's family moved there not too long ago and we take turns staying there and at my parents place when we visit. Traffic from Alhambra to Whittier (and everywhere else, for that matter) has gotten so much worse since I left. It's horrible. Makes me appreciate the non-traffic here in Michigan where everyone speeds and gets away with it, even senior citizens.

When you're in LA don't forget to stop by Tiger Heat. :p

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm on Gilgamesh. Currently, going through the new story as a Scholar.
My character is Deric Meicyn, also on Gilgamesh. For all we know, we may have run into each other in the game and not even realized it. My class of choice is monk. I just beat
Shiva
so I have a little more to go before I hit the expansion content.

alvmew

Tomorrow I begin my 6:00-2:00pm hours at work. Gonna be waking up at like 4:30am. Pls kill me.

I work 8:30 to 5:30 p.m., but am up by 4:00 a.m. every day. Most days it's because I have to drive my mother to work (and she starts earlier than I do), but then on her two off days, I'm just used to being up at that time anyway so I just go to the gym before work for super empty workout time. You definitely get used to it.

So I saw this menu sign while walking to my car at a mall in my local Japanese neighborhood in DTLA.

Place was closed. Otherwise you bet your ass I would have ordered it.
5hNjsdl.jpg

Kater

Banned
Reminds me of scandals where people ejaculated on fast food in my city.

Another reason why I prefer to cook my own food. :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I love living in Indiana. I live in the Indianapolis area, and it's like a lot of the great things you want from a big city (good eating, major league sports teams [NBA and NFL covered]) with much easier traffic and low cost of living.

There are drawbacks, to be sure. There is animosity between the city of Indianapolis and the state legislature, and it pops up every now and then in something like the ridiculous RFRA legislation. There is not a lot of diversity, but cities like Indianapolis and Bloomington are more diverse than living out in the boonies.

But the state is headed in the right direction, I believe. We just had the largest Pride Parade in the city's history (my company marched in the parade and I was part of it!) Indianapolis has a Republican mayor at the moment, but he was the Grand Marshall in the Pride Parade. The RFRA was bad, it did show that a majority of Hoosiers are on board with making sexual orientation a protected class. We vote in a governor like Mike Pence every now and then, but we also vote in a Senator like Joe Donnelly over a more social conservative opponent. So it's like two steps forward, one step back.

I'm part of my company's LGBT employee resource group as an ally and doing my best to create an environment where everyone can be their full self at work. And our big local businesses are all supportive of LGBT employees and fought against the RFRA action.

I'd love to hear Mumei or other Hoosier GAF members throw in their cents (I'd say Escape Goat but I'm pretty sure he's left the state so he's DEAD TO ME [jk <3]). I am a straight, male WASP so my views of the state could be swayed in that regard. But having moved here 16 years ago, I feel like Indiana is home. And I'm trying my best to understand LGBTQIA issues to that LGBTQIA Hoosiers can feel at home, too.

(Oh, and Andrew Luck is the best. Except that silly beard. He is pretty dashing when he's clean cut, he should really not go the beard route.)

Ah, thank you for the thorough response! That's really cool what you're doing with your company. If you don't mind me asking, what motivated you to become involved with your company's LGBT employee resource group? Maybe I'll check one of those cities out (or at least not be scared of it) next time I head east.

As for Andrew Luck...I'll take your word for it. :p Based on what I've heard from friends and friends of friends and the little I've personally seen of him, he seems like a really nice guy who's also great at football. I'm glad he has fans.

Yeah how do you delete the history without leaving the group on skype? I can't open the group chat without it getting stuck

it doesnt work

I'm not very familiar with Skype, but I was just exploring it and under Preferences > Privacy, there's an option for how long to save chat history and to clear chat history. I'm guessing this is a universal control though. I apologize if this isn't helpful.

Rayis

I just heard that Mexico legalized gay marriage nationwide, congratulations to all Mexican letter-gaffers, Mexico did it before America, wow.

Kevyt

I just heard that Mexico legalized gay marriage nationwide, congratulations to all Mexican letter-gaffers, Mexico did it before America, wow.

Yasss!! :D

I'm laughing... but... tacos?.... This thing? wtf...

That's not a Taco! That's an abomination, an insult to real tacos!

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Anyways, in regards to the video how can the guy keep a straight face for that long? lol He looks like he's about to burst out laughing at any moment.

RM8

To be fair, we had gay marriage in some states and it was valid nationwide already. Traveling to other state wasn't ideal, of course, but now Mexico is totes homo :p

Also, this is something people outside of Mexico seem to ignore (based on Reddit, lol), but because of a previous church-fueled war, we're a very secular country government-wise despite being predominantly Catholic. So this development was met with relatively little opposition, most people really don't care. Again, when it comes to government, our religious nuts are probably in intense pain at the moment :p

DOWN

Banned
I'm so nervous. Been this way since yesterday. Not about anything specific which makes it even worse. It's my exam week so it's surely tied to that, but it isn't the exams themselves.

Bladenic

I'm so nervous. Been this way since yesterday. Not about anything specific which makes it even worse. It's my exam week so it's surely tied to that, but it isn't the exams themselves.

it's my last week of summer classes and I had taken 4 over six weeks so this last week is killing me. But I'm almost done, and while I don't expect my final grades to be what I wished (one should've been an A but due to a technical issue I got fucked while the other is on the brink of B/C but fuck it) I'm just happy to be done so I can breathe again.

alvmew

Glad to see SSM made it into the new Fire Emblem game. Can't wait to meet my husbando. <3

Although I probably won't ship it as hard as I shipped the avatar player and Lucina in Awakening, god they made me just love that game.

hard tacos > all

And to think up until now you were my favorite person in this thread. For shame. :|

Mumei

I love living in Indiana. I live in the Indianapolis area, and it's like a lot of the great things you want from a big city (good eating, major league sports teams [NBA and NFL covered]) with much easier traffic and low cost of living.

There are drawbacks, to be sure. There is animosity between the city of Indianapolis and the state legislature, and it pops up every now and then in something like the ridiculous RFRA legislation. There is not a lot of diversity, but cities like Indianapolis and Bloomington are more diverse than living out in the boonies.

But the state is headed in the right direction, I believe. We just had the largest Pride Parade in the city's history (my company marched in the parade and I was part of it!) Indianapolis has a Republican mayor at the moment, but he was the Grand Marshall in the Pride Parade. The RFRA was bad, it did show that a majority of Hoosiers are on board with making sexual orientation a protected class. We vote in a governor like Mike Pence every now and then, but we also vote in a Senator like Joe Donnelly over a more social conservative opponent. So it's like two steps forward, one step back.

I'm part of my company's LGBT employee resource group as an ally and doing my best to create an environment where everyone can be their full self at work. And our big local businesses are all supportive of LGBT employees and fought against the RFRA action.

I'd love to hear Mumei or other Hoosier GAF members throw in their cents (I'd say Escape Goat but I'm pretty sure he's left the state so he's DEAD TO ME [jk <3]). I am a straight, male WASP so my views of the state could be swayed in that regard. But having moved here 16 years ago, I feel like Indiana is home. And I'm trying my best to understand LGBTQIA issues to that LGBTQIA Hoosiers can feel at home, too.

(Oh, and Andrew Luck is the best. Except that silly beard. He is pretty dashing when he's clean cut, he should really not go the beard route.)

I didn't think you would remember!

btw what system is everyone playing Final Fantasy 14 on?

I was playing it on the PS3 but had to stop cause my WiFi is kinda weak and apparently PS3's WiFi antenna is the biggest POS ever.

It seemed like an awesome game though. Will pick it up again once I upgrade my Internet or grab a PS4. (Assuming PS4 has a better antenna)

Kevyt

I was playing it on the PS3 but had to stop cause my WiFi is kinda weak and apparently PS3's WiFi antenna is the biggest POS ever.

It seemed like an awesome game though. Will pick it up again once I upgrade my Internet or grab a PS4. (Assuming PS4 has a better antenna)

How's the combat/gameplay like? Is it like action RPG's or turn-based RPG's?

How does the game run on PS3? Glitchy? Slowdown? etc? Is it playable?

Definitely some slow down but it's hard for me to say how much of it was cause of my connection. :/

Put it this way, it was enough to make me stop playing. I can't imagine SE shipped 2.0 re-release so broken though. I'm gonna say it's due to my set-up.

How's the combat/gameplay like? Is it like action RPG's or turn-based RPG's?

From what I recall it was active time, but with cool down periods kinda like Xenoblade. It's my first MMO though so I can't compare it to others.

I will say playing it on the duelshock felt kinda restrictive and made me wish for a mouse and keyboard. Not sure if I just had to get used to it though.

Hm. And what was it like playing an MMO on a controller? Easy to select all the commands and whatnot?

Didn't feel intuitive for me at all.

Kevyt

I would really love an MMO with a combat style like Dragon's Dogma.

@Unity of the void: You should pitch in the idea to Turtle Rock Superintendents :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom