• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel somewhat at a loss because I know nothing about American Football and the Superbowl, (Got dunk and played Dragon Age Instead ha)

And then people are posting pictures of these hot guys and i feel like im missing out lol

I just went through my entire wardrobe and got rid of about 25-30% of it. Most of it is in decent enough shape that I can donate it too, which is great.

Feels good.

I feel somewhat at a loss because I know nothing about American Football and the Superbowl, (Got dunk and played Dragon Age Instead ha)

And then people are posting pictures of these hot guys and i feel like im missing out lol

Not really. I mean there are hot guys in football but the game itself is not worth watching trying to scope them out if you're not into it.

red13th

I'm going to regret getting as drunk as I currently am in the morning, but I had to mourn my husband Russell's Super Bowl loss ;__;.

Also, the Patriots have so many hot dudes on their team it's ridiculous. I particularly like their 49th string QB, Jimmy Garoppolo:

He is too pretty.

yes he is
and for a short stint they had my wife Tim Tebow too, it's like a monopoly of hot QBs.

Not really. I mean there are hot guys in football but the game itself is not worth watching trying to scope them out if you're not into it.

I must admit, I did hear that the superbowl is mostly adverts. And when we had the big London Football thing last year everyone in my flat took it as an opportunity to eat food and get wasted rather than watching the dam thing.

I must admit, I did hear that the superbowl is mostly adverts. And when we had the big London Football thing last year everyone in my flat took it as an opportunity to eat food and get wasted rather than watching the dam thing.

It is, the ads are longer as well and that is because it becomes the most watched event in the United States.
Not to mention the deals set in motion for the ads to be played to begin with.

DOWN

Banned
Hi. Drunk. Here is cutie and I

qYm2xGwl.jpg

He's really upset Seattle lost

http://imgur.com/2ugmEfI
Very cute guys

beril

Guys, you need to buy Beril's Gunman Clive 2. It's so much better than the first one :]

thank you; yes please buy it

I should definitely get around to that, I quite liked the first. Probably won't play it until I get a N3DS, but if I wait, the pangs of guilt I'd feel whenever Beril posts would be unbearable.

I guess I should post in here more often to guilt you all into buying it. Actually I should do that regardless. Now that I don't have my game to worry about I should try to get out more and start dating; and I'll be needed some support

Right?! Isn't it an incredible feeling! i'm so glad you enjoyed it :). Are you going weekly?

Hmmmm what SHOULD we sing? What kinda stuff do you like to sing, anyway? :)

I'm thinking maybe bi-weekly until I can afford it more often! It's amazing but super-expensive for a pauper like me!

I'm not sure what I like to sing yet really, I'm willing to give anything a go! I see you're giving it some multi-lingual action on your channel? Maybe we can do a mashed up Anglo-Japanese Final Fantasy number.... :O

Mr_Zombie

I spent literally the whole weekend playing REmake HD since I don't have much free time during week. My life is sad :(
It's a great game. Go and buy it now!

And I see I missed the shipping. Hi Via Purifico ;)

he looks too small to be a trainer
Size doesn't really matter.
well, at least in this situation :p

I know a guy of rather small frame - his body weight ~75kg - who can snatch 90kg and squat 165kg. It's all about technique and strength ;)

Oh, he's good!

gUi3tpw.gif

He's one of the nicest people on GAF, plus that handsomeness! :)

giphy.gif

Thank you. :3

Hi Sagi, long time no see. Where have you been?

Things aren't going well in my family and I've been feeling sad/anxious about my future, so much that I can't find anything good in the future to hold on to. Everything was going very well in the last two months but now I'm just starting to think that now bad things will happen to me and will remain unhappy and considering how tense is being at home for me (so much that I get tired just by staying there) I don't think I can get through this.

I know it's hard to do, but try to think of some events in the (near) future, even small ones, that you're waiting for - be it a release of a game you want to play, movie you want to see, a meeting with friends, a trip etc. It's easier to survive shitty times when you know that something good that will certainly happen and that can lighten your day is just around the corner. And don't worry about your future - you're just 20.

If being at home tires you, try to be outside as much as you can. For example, to do your homeworks/ projects or to learn try visiting a library. There was a time where I was in a similar situation - because of situation at home staying there exhausted me, I couldn't focus on anything, even playing games were a chore. Thus I found myself staying longer at work, visiting libraries very often just to do stuff, taking walks; that was also the time when I started working out and visiting gym was one of those moments of relief of the day.

Specially I'm feeling more pressure from my family to have a girlfriend and kids, they've been hinting that I should hurry up (wtf?)

I suppose you're not out to your family? Just tell them what probably most gay guys that aren't out tell their folks, that you're not ready, don't have time for this, haven't met anyone right etc. After all, falling in love isn't something that one can hasten. And you're just 20 - so where's the hurry?

I don't know if a gay gamer OT would be allowed. They'd probably just say that this OT can be used for that also, but I am working towards getting more LGBT centric topics created. (The idea of a Gaming Community OT is still something I'm considering though.)

There are a lot of members who don't visit the Offtopic side of the forum. Not to mention, any discussion about games here are quickly buried under a lot of other topics (and photos of hot guys :p). I think a single topic dedicated to gay gamers would be easier to digest for many members who for some reason don't visit this topic - and looking at various topics about LGBT stuff on the gaming stuff, there are a lot of them.

Also, why don't you like the term "gaymer"? I think it's a nice play on "gay" and "gamer".

Kevyt

A lot of NFL players are really hot but they're super tall. 6'5, 6'4... makes me feel like a midget lol.

--------

Happy Monday y'all!

A lot of NFL players are really hot but they're super tall. 6'5, 6'4... makes me feel like a midget lol.

But that size difference can also make things interesting, no? ;)

And continuing a topic from the previous page: Hockey is obviously the best sport to watch. It's fast-paced, every point matters, and the highlights are amazing.

Plus, like any sport, it has its fair share of cuties -- like my boy Zach Parise:
0.jpg

I just wish he wasn't traded from my Devils. :(

RM8

thank you; yes please buy it

I guess I should post in here more often to guilt you all into buying it. Actually I should do that regardless. Now that I don't have my game to worry about I should try to get out more and start dating; and I'll be needed some support
I loved the first one, and the sequel is such a great upgrade :] I hope it's a hit just like the first one, or even better.

I spent literally the whole weekend playing REmake HD since I don't have much free time during week. My life is sad :(
It's a great game. Go and buy it now!

And I see I missed the shipping. Hi Via Purifico ;)

Hello :) I was doing a second playthrough as a speedrun and only saved once so far.
I want the 3 hour trophy but I don't think I will get it on this playthrough.

Good advice you gave btw.

mantidor

Have you guys seen The Imitation Game? While overall impressions are good opinions about the way Turing is shown are all over the place, some say it was done well, others that the inaccuracies are too much, I guess I'll see it anyway but I was still wondering what gayGAF thought about it.

Have you guys seen The Imitation Game? While overall impressions are good opinions about the way Turing is shown are all over the place, some say it was done well, others that the inaccuracies are too much, I guess I'll see it anyway but I was still wondering what gayGAF thought about it.

I haven't seen it yet but heard good things. I need to see for myself as well.

I saw it!

No plot spoilers, but theme spoiler :)

The film itself is pretty standard. It goes into detail about everything to a degree. Like, they observe his homosexuality but not his homosexual relationships enough if yo get what I mean. They focus very much so on his relationship with Kiera Knightley character. The way he is portrayed is slightly more cynical than the adaption with Derek Jacobi and I believe there are some inaccuracies in regards to how all his other relationships are displayed

Tldr. Is an ok film with two utterly fantastic performances. The inaccuracies are there, but as an analysis of Turing and the horror he underwent, it works!

Edit: Sorry for the wonky wording, I wrote it on my phone ha ha

Kevyt

A film about famous computer scientist Alan Turing? Where have I been... have not heard of it. Must see it now.

mantidor

A film about famous computer scientist Alan Turing? Where have I been... have not heard of it. Must see it now.

It's nominated for 8 oscars, and I also didn't know about it until I saw a small review in a journal!

It's some sort of odd curse, Turing is easily one of the most influental scientist of the last century, and hell, even of modern human history, and yet everything related to him fades into obscurity, I work in software development and not a single one of my colleagues know about him, or his personal history, until I told them about it.

Mr_Zombie

Hello :) I was doing a second playthrough as a speedrun and only saved once so far.
I want the 3 hour trophy but I don't think I will get it on this playthrough.

Good advice you gave btw.

I don't think I will be ever able to do the 3 hour playthrough. Yesterday I played as Chris and while it was a step up from my first Jill playthrough (6 hours vs 7.5 hours), it was still far from 3 hours or even 5 hours. And I did everything as fast as I could (I did save Jill and Rebecca, though). You guys with your speedruns are maniacs.

However, I really wish the game had a real pause function (from what I heard the in-game timer ticks even when you pause the game), because during my playthrough I had to leave my room few times for few minutes and running to the nearest save point wasn't an option.

I wanted to see it but, as you said, I heard a lot of critique about how the film portrayed Turing - that the movie Turing and his relationships with various people are hollywoodized way too much and he's nothing like he was in real life. :/

It's some sort of odd curse, Turing is easily one of the most influental scientist of the last century, and hell, even of modern human history, and yet everything related to him fades into obscurity, I work in software development and not a single one of my colleagues know about him, or his personal history, until I told them about it.

To be honest, I didn't know about his personal history too until few years ago when I accidentally stumbled on an article about him. While things like "Turing test" and Turing's involvement in ending WW2 are taught in schools and universities, his life story and sexual orientation are usually ignored.

I don't think I will be ever able to do the 3 hour playthrough. Yesterday I played as Chris and while it was a step up from my first Jill playthrough (6 hours vs 7.5 hours), it was still far from 3 hours or even 5 hours. And I did everything as fast as I could (I did save Jill and Rebecca, though). You guys with your speedruns are maniacs.

However, I really wish the game had a real pause function (from what I heard the in-game timer ticks even when you pause the game), because during my playthrough I had to leave my room few times for few minutes and running to the nearest save point wasn't an option.

You're correct, even while paused the timer still goes. It's best to skip the cutscenes as much as you can.
I am not the maniac my friend is, he did a knife only run and finished a few minutes over 3 hours.

I'm thinking maybe bi-weekly until I can afford it more often! It's amazing but super-expensive for a pauper like me!

I'm not sure what I like to sing yet really, I'm willing to give anything a go! I see you're giving it some multi-lingual action on your channel? Maybe we can do a mashed up Anglo-Japanese Final Fantasy number.... :O

They do get expensive. Which is actually why I've stopped for a bit recently as well x_x I only go now if I'm feeling vocally tired!

Ooh! That sounds interesting! Never done that before. I like it. :)

mantidor

To be honest, I didn't know about his personal history too until few years ago when I accidentally stumbled on an article about him. While things like "Turing test" and Turing's involvement in ending WW2 are taught in schools and universities, his life story and sexual orientation are usually ignored.

I only knew about it because a book I used for my thesis began dedicated to him and also lamenting his "untimely end" which prompt me to research about it and it left me shocked and appalled, not only the actual story but the fact I worked on his papers and articles for more than two years for my thesis and yet had no clue about his story.

I still don't know how to feel about it, on one side it's fine that academic circles do not give importance to the homosexuality and suicide because it has nothing to do with his contributions to the field, on the other is the kind of story that needs more awareness.

So I had my second ever photoshoot just a little while ago. Same photographer as my first one, who's an awesome guy. So I thought I'd be more comfortable this time. Turns out that I'm almost incapable of acting natural without bursting into giggles or looking awkward :'(

So I had my second ever photoshoot just a little while ago. Same photographer as my first one, who's an awesome guy. So I thought I'd be more comfortable this time. Turns out that I'm almost incapable of acting natural without bursting into giggles or looking awkward :'(

For some reason, I get the shakes when I'm taking a photo (or getting a haircut.) I think I get so focused on staying still that I psych myself out.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

What are you talking about? You always look fantastic! Like that picture in particular, I think you look amazing. :3

Mr_Zombie

Nice photo. :)
You're really photogenic.

For some reason, I get the shakes when I'm taking a photo (or getting a haircut.) I think I get so focused on staying still that I psych myself out.

I always close my eyes. :| When someone takes a photo of me I have to force myself to keep my eyes opened.

Kevyt

You look great. :)

I get the shakes every time I try taking selfies X_X That's why I almost always have to use both hands.
giggity

What are you talking about? You always look fantastic! Like that picture in particular, I think you look amazing. :3

Nice photo. :)
You're really photogenic.

You look great. :)

Wahh :') Thank you so much guys.

It also made me realize that as the years go by, my chin is getting even more "bum-chin"-ish.. Which apparently some people are into, so I try not to complain about it too much o///o

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Size doesn't really matter.
well, at least in this situation :p

but it does matter in other situations? :p

I know a guy of rather small frame - his body weight ~75kg - who can snatch 90kg and squat 165kg. It's all about technique and strength ;)

so did you have sex with him or what

like a little doge :3

Kevyt

but it does matter in other situations? :p

so did you have sex with him or what

like a little doge :3

No, size doesn't matter.

I didn't even notice the light until I read your comment. Damn...

Oh you...

I'm sorry guys ;___; I can't control where the lecture hall lights shine ;_; LOL.

Come to think about it, it looks like a light bulb from one of those cartoons when a character gets an idea. Like you're having an idea or something.

Also, controlling light sources is part of our list of super powers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom