• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Anyone feel up to trying it with mine as well?

I have no effin clue what shape his hat is supposed to be, so feel free to ditch it if I made it an ugly shape lol

hXMcFHH.jpg
cvups8c.jpg
4rRoeGL.jpg

It's not over, but this is definitely a victory for America.

True. But at the same time, I'v been fighting for marriage equality for 12 years. It's just...

It's sinking in that I don't have to do that anymore.

There is no "gay marriage" anymore. Just... marriage.

Five years ago we couldn't even serve in the military, now we have federal recognition of everyones right to marry who they love.

If we could do this in a decade, we can accomplish anything.

tumblr_inline_mp22jj88SC1qz4rgp.gif

Berordn

I just love seeing all these rainbows everywhere. I totally beat Facebook to the punch with my completely original rainbow profile filter but it pleases me to see so many strangers on it showing their colors. It's a long road left but it'll at least be a colorful one.

Delio

I just love seeing all these rainbows everywhere. I totally beat Facebook to the punch with my completely original rainbow profile filter but it pleases me to see so many strangers on it showing their colors. It's a long road left but it'll at least be a colorful one.

It's so awesome seeing a friendlist light up with rainbow profile pictures. Makes me feel great <3

Nohar

First reaction: OK. I just saw the banner, I'm genuinely confused. What is happening?

Second reaction after a quick research: YES! I'm so happy for you US guys/gals :D

Time to listen to Seasons of Love again. It's a great day.

(Wonder if my hat can be rainbowfied?)

Amir0x

Banned
Just stopping by to wish the utmost congratulations to my friends in the LGBT community in America. You guys deserve this so much. It's been a long way since Stonewall, so soak in every minute of this momentous occasion. I'm sure you all already are. Love you guys!

Now we fight the enshrined discrimination laws against the LGBT community, but this was a huge step.

The funny thing is that from a pure aesthetic point of view, I've never been fond of rainbows (too flashy for my tastes). But seeing them all over GAF and on random logos online (haven't gone out to see it in the real world yet) is definitely make me feel a bit fluttery inside.

Can anyone with photoshop skills rainbowfy my avatar so only the background has it and Star Lord is kept untouched? Would really appreciate it.

Just stopping by to wish the utmost congratulations to my friends in the LGBT community in America. You guys deserve this so much. It's been a long way since Stonewall, so soak in every minute of this momentous occasion. I'm sure you all already are. Love you guys!

Now we fight the enshrined discrimination laws against the LGBT community, but this was a huge step.

Thanks buddy! <3

Awesome to see all the love here on GAF.

Razmos

I absolutly love your new avatar.

And you are very cute. Is that a L'cie mark tatoo?
Thank you, I love it too. there are some very talented people on GAF and i'm very grateful for them to make such a great avatar.

And thank you haha, yes, yes it is.

Symphonia

Banned
The only issue I have with same-sex marriage being legalised is the shaming and victimisation of those who simply don't agree with it. Now, as a bisexual, it does annoy me that people still look down up on same-sex marriage as shameful and disgusting, but I respect the fact they're entitled to their opinion. However, there are people within the LGBT community who make vile remarks and ridiculous accusations about those who don't agree - even those who don't make a public outcry about it. That, to me, is wrong, and puts the LGBT community in a bad light.

RM8

The only issue I have with same-sex marriage being legalised is the shaming and victimisation of those who simply don't agree with it. Now, as a bisexual, it does annoy me that people still look down up on same-sex marriage as shameful and disgusting, but I respect the fact they're entitled to their opinion. However, there are people within the LGBT community who make vile remarks and ridiculous accusations about those who don't agree - even those who don't make a public outcry about it. That, to me, is wrong, and puts the LGBT community in a bad light.
I go out of my way to be diplomatic about it, but I don't mind if others don't. "I disagree with gay marriage" is just a very dumb opinion to hold, because it's simply none of your business, it's entirely irrelevant. Then there's stuff like "gay marriage equals persecution of my beliefs" - and yeah, I'm okay with the retaliation :p

Strictly speaking of online interactions, since it's not really a common topic IRL around here.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The issue mostly comes when those who disagree say hateful things towards the LGBT and that happens on other situations outside of this event. If you disagree you are allowed to disagree and have an opinion but when that opinion is veiled with hate or ignorance instead of simple disagreement conflict will occur.

Also if you against something don't do it and live and let live.

Berordn

I go out of my way to be diplomatic about it, but I don't mind if others don't. "I disagree with gay marriage" is just a very dumb opinion to hold, because it's simply none of your business, it's entirely irrelevant. Then there's stuff like "gay marriage equals persecution of my beliefs" - and yeah, I'm okay with the retaliation :p

Strictly speaking of online interactions, since it's not really a common topic IRL around here.

This is pretty much my stance on it. Yeah we shouldn't be attacking anyone online and I don't condone it, but if someone is going to come out in support against marriage equality - a policy that improves the lives of millions without negatively affecting their own - then they probably deserve to be strung up or just need their eyes opened to how little their "concerns" matter on the grand scale.

Thinking that it's shameful and disgusting is not a protection against criticism and anyone voicing that opinion has it coming to them, and if they say it goes against their beliefs then they might just need to be reminded that it doesn't alter their lives in any way.

Razmos

People may have the right to disagree but they don't have any damn reason to do so. I object to their bullshit reasoning, not to them disagreeing.
Anyone with a bullshit excuse (any excuse) for disagreeing deserves the scorn they get.

If I was to say that I disagree with <insert race> people <doing something> for whatever reason, I'd be rightfully scorned for being an idiot. I don't see why it should be any different for those against gay marriage who have no good reason for it other than personal opinion and faith.

RM8

People may have the right to disagree but they don't have any damn reason to do so. I object to their bullshit reasoning, not to them disagreeing.
Anyone with a bullshit excuse (any excuse) for disagreeing deserves the scorn they get.

If I was to say that I disagree with <insert race> people <doing something> for whatever reason, I'd be rightfully scorned for being an idiot. I don't see why it should be any different for those against gay marriage who have no good reason for it other than personal opinion and faith.
In the end, at some point, many people respectfully had the opinion that women shouldn't vote, or that black people should be segregated in the US. Not all opinions deserve being defended, this is not liking baseball over football or Xbox over PlayStation.

Razmos

Was at the Bangor Pride. Highlight of it is going around with "God is Dead! Hail Satan!" Written on my arm in glitter glue.
Lmao, did anyone object to it?

In the end, at some point, many people respectfully had the opinion that women shouldn't vote, or that black people should be segregated in the US. Not all opinions deserve being defended, this is not liking baseball over football or Xbox over PlayStation.
YES, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom