• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I should post.
I would make everyone else feel better about themselves >.>

Terry... ;-;

I don't judge anyone by their faces, dearie. In fact, I'd say the same for the rest of the people in this thread. Post if ya want, but there's no need, really. You'll always be the uncle of this thread! And indeed, all community threads. Indeed, all of GAF. But our uncle regardless! c:

terrisus

Sorry, I didn't even realize we were at the end of a page. I had entered at the post I replied to, which I guess had been my first unread one >.>

DOWN

Banned
All I want for this thread is a Mumei selfie~
Do a public service and trade him one of his for one of yours
EDIT: more pics of guys on the page is ok with me
almog+gabay+38.jpg

Kevyt

Do a public service and trade him one of his for one of yours
EDIT: more pics of guys on the page is ok with me

Maybe he just doesn't want a hobo like me lusting after him, which is understandable. ;_;

Oh, it's a reputation thing. He'd have to be demodded instantly, or at the very least, would have to become 'one of the cool mods' in order to preserve his position.

Are you saying Mumei is not cool? He's a cool dude, a geek, but a very cool one. He reads all kinds of books and stuff, imagine what a conversation with him irl must be like. You would never get bored talking to Mumei.

Maybe he just doesn't want a hobo like me lusting after him, which is understandable. ;_;

Are you saying Mumei is not cool? He's a cool dude, a geek, but a very cool one. He reads all kinds of books and stuff, imagine what a conversation with him irl must be like. You would never get bored talking to Mumei.

I was only jokin' about how formal he speaks like. :p I know he's cool and all that~ And possibly a walking library, too.

WarAdept

The frustrating thing about Smash Bros in my life: Once I got it my friends were so hyped to play it, but none of them are really avid fans the way I am. After the first time they play it with me they kinda get bored of it a few matches in because of the skill disparity between everybody. Most people aren't good at it and the select few who are can't seem to lose even with massive handicap. So overall it becomes much less fun unless everyone's on a similar skill set. It's definitely not as friendly to newbies as people think it is.

:(

That sounds like my exact situation of growing up with Smash. Avid lover of the entire series, I did have friends back in high school who was into the competitive scene and we were able to have amazing matches of Melee. Unfortunately we lost contact after graduation and throughout Uni and now, never really found someone else to Smash with at my level. Friends and family do play with me but I purposely have to play silly (and even then I win).

Sure I went to some local tourneys for Melee and Brawl like Comicon and such, but it wasn't the same without some friends who also doubled as sparring partners.

Smash 4 alleviates it a little with Online play but it's so hit and miss with people's skill level, not to mention lag is also an issue.

I still love playing the game though. If you ever up for a match, I'm willing.

terrisus

Well, this is me...

I know it's not a very good picture, but it gives a general idea at least.
If you're wondering why my right glasses lens looks so strange, it's because it has an extra press-on prism on it (in addition to the significant amount of prism that's in my glasses already), because, you know, my vision is all sorts of messed up.

Disclaimer to the following photo:
It has a bunch of scarring and looks like a mess. So if you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, don't click. Anyway...

This is my arm, as a result of cancer surgery 3.5 years ago.
On the plus side, it beats losing my arm. Or having cancer. But still, it's a mess.

So, yeah, that's me.

Well, this is me...

If you're wondering why my right glasses lens looks so strange, it's because it has an extra press-on prism on it (in addition to the significant amount of prism that's in my glasses already), because, you know, my vision is all sorts of messed up.

It has a bunch of scarring and looks like a mess. So if you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, don't click. Anyway...

On the plus side, it beats losing my arm. Or having cancer. But still, it's a mess.

So, yeah, that's me.
Looking good man! :)
I'd trim the beard up a bit and work on the head hair but otherwise, there's a good facial structure there.

Seriously, I mean it. much <3

terrisus

Looking good man! :)
I'd trim the beard up a bit and work on the head hair but otherwise, there's a good facial structure there.

Seriously, I mean it. much <3

It's funny, my beard grows really fast, but I can hardly grow anything for a moustache.

Normally I just keep relatively shaved due to work (which is a pain, since it means I have to shave every day).
But since I've been out of work since my stroke, I've just kind of said to heck with it >.>

My hair just kind of does whatever. I periodically cut the bangs when they get in my eyes, but otherwise, just have my wife cut it periodically. You can't tell a difference after a week or two anyway.

Well, this is me...

So, yeah, that's me.
You have a very distinguished looking face. I agree with TheAbsolution that a trim and a shave would be a nice change, but lookin' good regardless. :)

You're very brave to show your scarring. I have a pretty large scar on my chest from a surgery too that I'm pretty self conscious of. As it stands currently, I wouldn't be brave enough to show it off.

terrisus

I have a pretty large scar on my chest from a surgery too that I'm pretty self conscious of. As it stands currently, I wouldn't be brave enough to show it off.

I have a fairly sizable scar on my stomach from another surgery too.

I used to be rather self-conscious of that.
But now, I guess, I have other scarring to take attention away from it >.>

Someone told me once to think of them as battle scars. You're still here, you won. I think that's pretty damn awesome.

terrisus

Someone told me once to think of them as battle scars. You're still here, you won. I think that's pretty damn awesome.

I've heard that too.
It doesn't work for me.

To me, they're things that messed up my life, and made things much worse.
And which I have to live the rest of my life with the reminders of.

I've heard that too.
It doesn't work for me.

Eh, I have a pretty sizable scar on my abdomen, I like to think of it as a battle scar. I've dealt with my cancer issues for 2 years and for me it's a reminder that I've pulled through and am still here. I'm also down one testicle, but even that doesn't bother me. It's just the cards I was dealt and I had to make the best of it.

Here is a pic, can't see it too much because of my belly hair but once summer comes and I trim, it'll be more apparent. The kids at my summer camp are going to be asking about it, I'm sure.

terrisus

Eh, I have a pretty sizable scar on my abdomen, I like to think of it as a battle scar. I've dealt with my cancer issues for 2 years and for me it's a reminder that I've pulled through and am still here. I'm also down one testicle, but even that doesn't bother me. It's just the cards I was dealt and I had to make the best of it.

Here is a pic, can't see it too much because of my belly hair but once summer comes and I trim, it'll be more apparent. The kids at my summer camp are going to be asking about it, I'm sure.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to how my scar there looks like - similar size and position.
From surgery for hydrocephalus, for what it's worth.

I've heard that too.
It doesn't work for me.

But the surgery was necessary to your survival. It was a hand you were dealt and I think you need to leverage it the best way you can. I'm sure it's not what you'd choose for yourself, but you still have the opportunity to continue forward and make the most of your life. Lots of people don't get that chance.

I know it's very easy to fall into a cycle of despair, believe me, but we also are the only ones that can break free of that. You have people here that care about you and will support you when things get rough. But we'll also be here to celebrate your successes. :)

DOWN

Banned
Well, this is me...

So, yeah, that's me.

The mythological terrisus appears at last

You sell yourself short. And scars are not bad to others like they can seem to yourself. Glad to have a face to put with the name!

terrisus

I'm sorry that I kind of talked about myself last month, and didn't post a picture, and kind of a big thing was made about it.
And people here are nice enough and everything, of course.

I just have a variety of issues in my life, and with how I view myself and how I interact with the world.
That's just part of it, I guess.

Meicyn

Gold Member
You're the only other person I know of to date that also has prism in their lenses. I have diplopia, so... yeah.

Kevyt

Well, this is me...

So, yeah, that's me.

At last you reveal yourself! :D

Why are you so hard on yourself?

Oh hey Alex!

dWXmm0iSWJhw4.gif

Looking good...

Why would you want to trim your belly hair?
;_;

I've been playing a lot of GTA 5 lately, and I've mostly just been playing as Franklin because he's quite attractive.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Still waiting on the PC version.

mantidor

I have some pretty horrible scarring from my suicide attempt in my arm. It's absolutely embarrassing since I did it "the wrong way" and all, and I was very self conscious about it, but eventually I realized people are either oblivious to it or too embarrassed to ask what happened since its pretty obvious.

Yours on the other hand are actual battle scars, wear them with pride :p

HUELEN10

Don't be too too hard on yourself Terrisus, we love ya.

Haven't been able to post here in a while; been too busy at work/writing up my post. Any current happenings?

HylianTom

Banned

Yup!

I have that exact same scar. It fades pretty well over time, although it's never the same. At first it bothered me, but I got over that pretty damn quick.

Every day is a gift.

Grizzo

I'm sorry that I kind of talked about myself last month, and didn't post a picture, and kind of a big thing was made about it.
And people here are nice enough and everything, of course.

I just have a variety of issues in my life, and with how I view myself and how I interact with the world.
That's just part of it, I guess.

You look fine Terri! Like CannonO (sorry I'm not used to your new name yet), it's great to finally be able to put a face behind your posts.

Don't worry too much, this thread is all about love. I know we can't change your mind about how you see yourself but just know that we won't judge you.

Yup!

I have that exact same scar. It fades pretty well over time, although it's never the same. At first it bothered me, but I got over that pretty damn quick.

Every day is a gift.

<3

Yeah, my scar around my pelvis has faded pretty well. I was bothered at first too but now it doesn't make a difference. I'm here and that's all that matters.

DOWN

Banned

Haven't been able to post here in a while; been too busy at work/writing up my post. Any current happenings?

Current happening is me always on the prowl and only finding McDonald's

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, this is me...

So, yeah, that's me.

hi guy!

terrisus

Love ya too, Huelen <3

You look fine Terri! Like CannonO (sorry I'm not used to your new name yet), it's great to finally be able to put a face behind your posts.

Don't worry too much, this thread is all about love. I know we can't change your mind about how you see yourself but just know that we won't judge you.

Thanks Grizzo. I know people here wouldn't judge me, and everyone's been really positive and everything.
I think my view of my physical self is really just a small matter - which just happens to be more directly manifested - when compared to everything else wrong with me >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom