• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSN is hawking some fitness equipment right now and one of the models is hawt.
Heh, when I was channel surfing earlier tonight, they were selling some exercise equipment on TSC (Canada's shopping channel) and they had two hot dudes in tank tops promoting the stuff.

Smart sales strategy considering the main demographic for these channels is older ladies.

Heh, when I was channel surfing earlier tonight, they were selling some exercise equipment on TSC (Canada's shopping channel) and they had two hot dudes in tank tops promoting the stuff.

Smart sales strategy considering the main demographic for these channels is older ladies.

Yeah my mom watches both CNN & HSN religiously.

Ugh, I'm so torn over my emotions and feelings lately. I don't know whether to ignore them and do the "logical" thing or just trust my gut.

Side note: new avatar! I decided to keep my real face. Maybe that means I'm finally getting some confidence in my looks! (Also, I was sick of having an anime avatar :p)

I work as a project manager/planner in the heavy industry and studying for a specialization in automation. Which I believe is what I love, but somehow not my call of life (not sure though), having a hard time trying to know what I love doing forever, which leads me to take classes on random stuff, for example dancing, always saying I didn't know how to dance, because I'm always too self-aware, also because people would call me names (you know Mexico, if you do something people will hate) then <another long story which I will probably tell soon>, so I started believing that dancing was off limits. But then I realized I should do what I like (or think I like) and run with it. Also helpful that I wanna learn about everything, except cooking, I'm a terrible cook and it will be a while before anyone dares to try my food again :D

EDIT: reading that wiki like: "I'm not sleeping tonight:)"

Oh cool, that seems like it would be interesting, like there are probably a lot of dimensions to it where it at least wouldn't become boring very quickly, which I think is a big advantage in any career. Like whether you can do it indefinitely or not, it at least has enough that you might be able to maintain an interest in it in the longer term.

I know what you mean about vocation and a satisfying career not necessarily being the same thing. A lot of the things that seem like they're really worth devoting yourself to don't provide you with much security, and there's this thing that comes in (at least for me) where failure in something you're passionate about can be more terrifying than 'settling' for something you care less about. Sometimes it feels like it's better to play it safe than risk failure, which is kind of crazy!

That wiki is cool. So many things I'll never do (not studious or disciplined enough).

Ugh, I'm so torn over my emotions and feelings lately. I don't know whether to ignore them and do the "logical" thing or just trust my gut.

Side note: new avatar! I decided to keep my real face. Maybe that means I'm finally getting some confidence in my looks! (Also, I was sick of having an anime avatar :p)

Never do the logical thing, always trust your gut. Rationality is incompetent at making significant life decisions, it deals better with smaller known quantities. In terms of life direction or value-making, logic is a form of secondary judgment, to make sure you aren't totally crazy. If your intuition is giving you contradictory readings, ignore logic.

Jezan

Oh cool, that seems like it would be interesting, like there are probably a lot of dimensions to it where it at least wouldn't become boring very quickly, which I think is a big advantage in any career. Like whether you can do it indefinitely or not, it at least has enough that you might be able to maintain an interest in it in the longer term.

I know what you mean about vocation and a satisfying career not necessarily being the same thing. A lot of the things that seem like they're really worth devoting yourself to don't provide you with much security, and there's this thing that comes in (at least for me) where failure in something you're passionate about can be more terrifying than 'settling' for something you care less about. Sometimes it feels like it's better to play it safe than risk failure, which is kind of crazy!

That wiki is cool. So many things I'll never do (not studious or disciplined enough).
Yes, I get bored pretty easily, which is why I always try to be involved in places that have a lot of research or projects. Winter time is always the most boring time because thanks to the holidays(And year's end)no one wants to start a new projects, and it's mostly office work ugh, though it means office dress code, which is always nice ;)
And YES to the bolded! Kinda disappointing that the passion way means less security most of the time, which gets worse when it fails, like how is that even possible. But I guess that's what life is about.

The good thing about the "logical" thing is that it always changes depending on how much you can understand why you feel that way and what your emotions are trying to communicate. The gut is like more connected to your ideal self, so go with the gut.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? I'm a military brat. So nowhere.
Where Do You Live? Seattle area
How Old Are you? 23
Favorite Type of Music? Pop
Profession or Career interest? Currently in retail management, but I'd love to get involved with journalism and/or politics someday.
Favorite video game(s)? Super Metroid, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Fez, Portal 2, Bayonetta.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Men
I like reading probably more than most people, but I don't think I'm as into as some people are.

listen to the others and trust your gut

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23
Profession or Career interest? Currently in retail management, but I'd love to get involved with journalism and/or politics someday.
Favorite video game(s)? Super Metroid, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Fez, Portal 2, Bayonetta.
I like reading probably more than most people, but I don't think I'm as into as some people are.

Welcome!

Jezan

What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23

Welcome to the best place on GAF :)
Pop, Super Metroid, Bayonetta and Men. We will get along pretty nicely. :D
ive listened to chandelier by sia like 20 times in a row someone send help
Does this help? That way you don't need to hit replay that much :) sounds pretty shitty! don't click

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does this help? That way you don't need to hit replay that much :) sounds pretty shitty! don't click

5rxsEzO.gif

Never do the logical thing, always trust your gut. Rationality is incompetent at making significant life decisions, it deals better with smaller known quantities. In terms of life direction or value-making, logic is a form of secondary judgment, to make sure you aren't totally crazy. If your intuition is giving you contradictory readings, ignore logic.

Always trust your gut brah

The good thing about the "logical" thing is that it always changes depending on how much you can understand why you feel that way and what your emotions are trying to communicate. The gut is like more connected to your ideal self, so go with the gut.

But, like, my heart is telling me to do something that's completely impractical and borderline nonsensical. So... I dunno. "Trust your heart" sounds good on paper, until it makes you do something... dumb. =/

That being said, I really do feel like Garth Brooks (yeah yeah, laugh it up!) was right in Standing Outside the Fire.

"You've got to be tough when consumed by desire,
Because it's not enough just to stand outside the fire."

So, yeah -- torn!

DOWN

Banned
ive listened to chandelier by sia like 20 times in a row someone send help
I love music videos more than the music sometimes. Good camerawork is the greatest thing.
H9SPVk3.gif

Switch it up
Are you a good driver?
I'm alive after 7 years so mediocre but a smooth ride for passengers and no accidents

I go real fast if 212 comes on though so watch out
What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23
Hey there
But, like, my heart is telling me to do something that's completely impractical and borderline nonsensical. So... I dunno. "Trust your heart" sounds good on paper, until it makes you do something... dumb. =/

That being said, I really do feel like Garth Brooks (yeah yeah, laugh it up!) was right in Standing Outside the Fire.

"You've got to be tough when consumed by desire,
Because it's not enough just to stand outside the fire."

So, yeah -- torn!
I'm not a gut-only person. I worry too much about the practical and don't have enough change in emotion to just go with things most of the time. So I'll say, going with your gut vs. sensible choices depends on the situation

Mr_Zombie

It was a bittersweet night tonight :/ I went out with a group of friends I hadn't seen in ages. We're not very close, but it was very fun and we all had a great time. At one point, though, one of them said something pretty nasty about a lesbian couple sitting next to us. They were kissing non-stop, but that's hardly relevant since I doubt he would have said anything if they had been a straight couple. Then he joked about him being okay with them when they're attractive, pretty standard homophobia. It really ruined the mood for me for a while :( When we were leaving he told me "it was great to see you again!"... and I would have thought the same if he hadn't been a jerk.

One of the absolute worst aspects of not being straight is when someone you appreciate turns out like this. Because otherwise they can be nice people, even good friends worth having... just profoundly ignorant and unaware that they could be insulting someone who is present. Bleeeh.

Yeah, I've been there too. Bachelor night, my friends and I have a great time at the bar, drinks and everything. Then someone brought the topic of gays... and it get nasty. "If they allow gay marriage then what's next? Can someone marry their dog?" argument? Check. "In country X they want to legalize pedophilia" argument? Check. "I don't want to see some guys kissing in public, it's disgusting" argument? Check, check and check. :/ And out of 4 guys discussing this, I was the only one pro gays. And the alcohol didn't really help - usually I try to stay calm and keep my head, but not then.

The argument ended after like 10 minutes and everyone continue drinking and talking on other topics as if nothing happened, but I was sitting there, "smiling" on the outside but on the inside thinking "what the hell am I doing here?".

I love those guys, they are great and fun people; with some of them I've been friends/pals for years (since primary school), but right then I felt really devastated. Maybe it would help if I was out to them, but I really didn't have the courage. Even less now.

The unedited photo - without all those filters - you've posted earlier was better; but I see you replaced it. You still look great, though :)

I can't sleep so I may as well use this time to say you should talk to your friends about it while sober. It's the better option than getting mad and upset while drunk.
But since you are gay you might have to come to terms with the fact they wont be friends of yours much longer if things go south.

What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23

Hi! you have just reminded me to put the portal series on my favourite video game section ha

Also Welcome!

Kevyt

What up gaygaf.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 23

Welcome to the madness bro! :)

Are you sad the Seahawks lost the Super bowl?

Well looks like my bank is going to be charging me $8 a month just keep my account open. Wouldn't be so bad but I'm currently unemployed. Damn Wells Fargo.

Elitist1945

I've narrowed down my future home to: California, Florida or Texas. (Currently live in the icy wasteland of Canada).

I've been to Florida countless times, so I know I like that place. Now I just have to check out the other two and see what they're like.

mantidor

Yeah, I've been there too. Bachelor night, my friends and I have a great time at the bar, drinks and everything. Then someone brought the topic of gays... and it get nasty. "If they allow gay marriage then what's next? Can someone marry their dog?" argument? Check. "In country X they want to legalize pedophilia" argument? Check. "I don't want to see some guys kissing in public, it's disgusting" argument? Check, check and check. :/ And out of 4 guys discussing this, I was the only one pro gays. And the alcohol didn't really help - usually I try to stay calm and keep my head, but not then.

The argument ended after like 10 minutes and everyone continue drinking and talking on other topics as if nothing happened, but I was sitting there, "smiling" on the outside but on the inside thinking "what the hell am I doing here?".

I love those guys, they are great and fun people; with some of them I've been friends/pals for years (since primary school), but right then I felt really devastated. Maybe it would help if I was out to them, but I really didn't have the courage. Even less now.

It helps a lot.

I had to endure many homophobic friends but once I came out their views changed 180 degrees, once they know we are not "mythical creatures" but just regular guys like them they learn and accept, they even feel embarrassed about their past opinions.

Well at least I hope so heh they could be talking behind my back but I doubt it.

Yeah I'm probably going to have to switch banks.

I've narrowed down my future home to: California, Florida or Texas. (Currently live in the icy wasteland of Canada).

I've been to Florida countless times, so I know I like that place. Now I just have to check out the other two and see what they're like.

Why those states? Go with NY. True you still get the cold but on the upside it's NY.

terrisus

BugsBunnySawingOffFlorida.gif

Go with California.
Or, the best choice - Massachusetts

DOWN

Banned
NY, California, Texas, Florida (according to research you are safe from "southern" culture starting in the Orlando/Oviedo area and going south), DC, Chicago, Boston, Seattle. That's the order and if you end up anywhere else you might as well get off the grid.

Not really. But NY and California are my top picks. Gimme those world famous mega states. FL is good, but I'm from here so I don't find it exciting in the grand scheme even though it's got a share of the interesting stuff and an overall northern culture where I am.

Elitist1945

Why those states? Go with NY. True you still get the cold but on the upside it's NY.

I love 24/7 warmth. I'm in love with the ocean, beaches and want to be somewhere within driving proximity to cruise ports (in contrast to having to fly and spend more on the flight than the actual cruise).

HylianTom

Banned
I love 24/7 warmth. I'm in love with the ocean, beaches and want to be somewhere within driving proximity to cruise ports (in contrast to having to fly and spend more on the flight than the actual cruise).

That's one thing I love about here in NOLA. I can look out my window and watch the tops of cruise ships (and other boats) go up and down the river. Swamp to the south and west, river to the south, lake to the north.. we're just one little island.

And the beach in Mississippi is a 45-minute ride away. Not bad.

It's shorts weather today. Beautiful day for 5 parades. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom