• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

Oh come on you guys can't have the Ace Attorney chat while I'm asleep! No fair.

I want AA6 to feature EVERYONE and wrap up EVERYTHING. Since that's impossible though I want the focus on the Apollo Justice cast. Klavier was robbed of his rightful 'last games enemy' cameo in favour of
more freaking edgeworth. I mean I like edgeworth but he has his whole own series, he doesn't need to be here.
Similarly, I'd rather see Emma then Gumshoe and I want more wacky magician stuff instead of more Fey stuff because where's left to go with that?

We'll send Capcom our list of demands. ;)

Well, my internet just won't cooperate so I think that means it's time for bed. Goodnight all. 🌙
Gnight mr!! :3

Oh come on you guys can't have the Ace Attorney chat while I'm asleep! No fair.

I want AA6 to feature EVERYONE and wrap up EVERYTHING. Since that's impossible though I want the focus on the Apollo Justice cast. Klavier was robbed of his rightful 'last games enemy' cameo in favour of
more freaking edgeworth. I mean I like edgeworth but he has his whole own series, he doesn't need to be here.
Similarly, I'd rather see Emma then Gumshoe and I want more wacky magician stuff instead of more Fey stuff because where's left to go with that?

I really loved Ema in AA4. I want to see her back so badly!! ;___;

I also shipped the hell out of her and Apollo LOL. But then I ended up really liking Juniper and Apollo, so now I'm torn ;___;

2 hours until MH4U is delivered...!

Well then, I'm absolutely horrible at introductions so I'll just get it over with:

Hey, you all, I have been lurking this thread for....weeks..... I guess..... and I recognized quite a lot of you from the gaming side. This seems to be a nice and welcoming community...so, I hope there is a spare room left for me :p

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Bi
Where Are You From? Germany
Where Do You Live? ...let's just say in the west :p
How Old Are you? 2
Favorite Type of Music? I'm not that into music tbh. I like almost everything that sounds vaguely similar to house
Favorite video game(s)? Metroid Prime, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario 64, Ace Attorney, Bayonetta (both) and Dragon Quest V

Hmm...whats the right way to end this post. I think a cute guy would be fitting:

Hello new person! Ace Attorney... <:

Lots of new people, but I can't seem to find your posts. :c Welcome anyway!

Kater

Banned
It's so pretty. And soon it shall be mine! Yay &#12542;(=&#65439;&#65381;&#65439;=)&#65417;

DS3H-NE3W.jpg

Hey !

Always loved guys with austrian accents <3

So much better than the cologne accent you hear where I live now....or the dutch-inspired "Platt" where I was born.
Oh, you live in Cologne? I have a friend who lives there and my Grandma was born there, too. Never been to there myself, but maybe I'll get to the Gamescom there next year or so.

Well, the Austrian accents vary so much, for example, the accent you hear in Vienna is really close to High German while Vorarlberg almost sounds like another language entirely.
Austrian accents are weird. :D

VegiHam

LOLLL. This truth. Seriously.

I wish they had just said they dated in junior high hahaha!

Gay romance in AA ftw <3
I mean, there's subtext there.
Aura's thing for Metis is totally canon; like all but spelled out; and she has that lovely ambiguous 'yeah I totally understand your feelings' chat with Apollo.

Also, Clay being the one who
convinced Apollo to accept Wright's offer
totally filled in a weird blank in the forth game's plot.

WANDERING SON IS TOO GOOD. Oh my god. Also, the book is rad. USA users (and people who can import) get to it! Just saying. Also: I'm watching the Utena anime and it's sooooo good omg, best setting I've seen in the last couple of months. I'll check the others. :) Also: Aoi Hana, from the same person who did Wandering Son. I haven't read it myself yet, but you can't go wrong with them, right?

edit: that was a whole lot of alsos

You should check YuriKuma Arashi after Utena, same director, same symbolic craziness

Ty4on

Well, the Austrian accents vary so much, for example, the accent you hear in Vienna is really close to High German while Vorarlberg almost sounds like another language entirely.
They aren't stranger than Swiss German, are they?

LOLLL. This truth. Seriously.

I wish they had just said they dated in junior high hahaha!

Gay romance in AA ftw <3

I was about to post what VegiHam said. They really left it upt to the imagination of the players how much they want to read into that (Capcom knew exactly what they were doing :p)

Hello new person!
Hey !
Oh, you live in Cologne? I have a friend who lives there and my Grandma was born there, too. Never been to there myself, but maybe I'll get to the Gamescom there next year or so.

Amazon.de better get off it's ass and deliver my n3DS XL....and Monster Hunter....and Zelda. Still no shipping confirmation -.- ....

I live pretty close to cologne. Oh, I'm sure there are many different austrian accents :p
(It's the same here !)

"Küss die Hand, gnäd'ge Frau !"- is still the best sentence ever. (I don't know if Austrians even say that, it's just something I associate with Austria . Like " O'Zapft is " with bavaria :p)

The whole german-accent conversation has to be incredibly boring to read for...everybody else D: .

Kater

Banned
Amazon.de better get off it's ass and deliver my n3DS XL....and Monster Hunter....and Zelda. Still no shipping confirmation -.- ....

I live pretty close to cologne. Oh, I'm sure there are many different austrian accents :p
(It's the same here !)

"Küss die Hand, gnäd'ge Frau !"- is still the best sentence ever. (I don't know if Austrians even say that, it's just something I associate with Austria . Like " O'Zapft is " with bavaria :p)

The whole german-accent conversation has to be incredibly boring to read for...everybody else D: .
I'm going to try to trade in my old 3DS XL for a n3DS at Gamestop (I know, they are a horrible disease but the offer is so good! >.>).
https://www.gamestop.at/3ds-angebot

35 Euro for a n3DS if you give them your handheld and 3 games.

I know that there are a lot of different accents in Germany. I have a lot of relatives there and I can't even understand some of them.

That sounds like a greeting phrase from some old Viennese film. You probably won't hear that from anyone under 60 years here. ^^

Well, there are a bunch of other GAFfers in here that understand German or are German themselves so I'm sure a discussion about accents would be fine with them, as long as we don't start communicating purely in German. ^^

Rootbeer

Banned
Can't wait to get my New 3DS either (Majora's Mask edition!)

You ever streetpass a cute mii and be all "hmm I wonder if they are that cute IRL, who is this person I keep streetpassing!?"

Oh wells

They used to hold streetpass gatherings near me but it kinda faded away. Wonder if the interest will pick back up with the new system

Rootbeer

Banned
I always get a streetpass from some really cute Asian guy who works at a local bookstore. :3

Cute asian guys is the story of my life, they are everywhere here around San Francisco and Berkeley!

I'm so bad at making friends with asian guys though. Something is wrong with me

bigkrev

The biggest perk of working at a college is that I get a ton of Streetpasses each day :3

I have a Majoras Mask CE preordered from Best Buy that hasn't shipped, and secretly would not be sad if it got canceled and I got a gift card for my troubles. Also debating getting a N3DS XL, but really hate all the colors except the MH one, which has the shitty branding on it which ruins it to me

WonderzL

Banned
Ace Attorney is awesome, I've started Apollo's Justice recently. I don't necessarily agree with 3 being the best, though. Number one is just so well put together; one of the finest pieces of software mankind has ever achieved tbh
You should check YuriKuma Arashi after Utena, same director, same symbolic craziness

This anime is THE talk of my Twitter friends. They love the guy. I'll check it out for sure.

Part of me wants to get Majora's Mask 3D because I'm a massive Zelda fan, but at the same time, I didn't really like the original game all that much (never even finished it). Hate time limits. :( But still, a new Zelda game coming out and I'm not getting it Day 1... feels weird man.

WonderzL

Banned
Part of me wants to get Majora's Mask 3D because I'm a massive Zelda fan, but at the same time, I didn't really like the original game all that much (never even finished it). Hate time limits. :( But still, a new Zelda game coming out and I'm not getting it Day 1... feels weird man.

Didn't they softened the 3-day cycle with stuff like the perm saves?

Didn't they softened the 3-day cycle with stuff like the perm saves?

Yeah, they made several tweaks that helps newcomers (which I know veterans have been complaining about lol), but for me, it's just the idea of having a time limit in a Zelda game that feels so wrong. I remember loving the town and NPCs, but the constant ticking clock on the screen just made me anxious all the damn time and I ended up quitting before I finished it. :(

Yeah, that was no accident.

Chris Redfield's "revealing" clothes are definitely no accident either.
I'm going to try to trade in my old 3DS XL for a n3DS at Gamestop (I know, they are a horrible disease but the offer is so good! >.>).
https://www.gamestop.at/3ds-angebot

35 Euro for a n3DS if you give them your handheld and 3 games.

I know that there are a lot of different accents in Germany. I have a lot of relatives there and I can't even understand some of them.

That sounds like a greeting phrase from some old Viennese film. You probably won't hear that from anyone under 60 years here. ^^

Well, there are a bunch of other GAFfers in here that understand German or are German themselves so I'm sure a discussion about accents would be fine with them, as long as we don't start communicating purely in German. ^^

You are probably right (I just don't want to dominate the conversation with something our fellow americans....or pretty much everyone who isn't a native german-speaker... might find extremely groan-worthy....with me being new here and stuff :p )

Wow. Thats a fantastic deal, congrats :D . And Amazon.de ...finally...shipped the thing.

I hope I'll see everyone in the Monster Hunter OT !
Welcome Orniletter! :)
Thank you !

Golnei

Klavier was robbed of his rightful 'last games enemy' cameo in favour of

I'm fine with his reappearance; it was a necessary step to make the AA universe's 'present' feel less like an alternate universe - they definitely shouldn't rely on him too much in future games, though. Klavier as the last prosecutor would have felt even more hollow - perhaps if his relationship with Kristoph was explored more in AJ it could have made him adopting that role feel more earned, but as it is he's kind of a undeveloped character beyond his surface-level gimmicks. I'm also thankful we didn't have to hear any more of his irredeemable voice acting...

And as for Fey versus Gramarye drama, they're both kind of played out at this point, but Trucy absolutely deserves more focus compared to what she got in DD. Did Phoenix even react to her
getting taken hostage
at all?

It's worth trying again. Permanent saving, a clearer notebook, more precise manual time advancement and easier access to the Inverted Song of Time will remove most, if not all of the stress involved.

Ace Attorney is awesome, I've started Apollo's Justice recently. I don't necessarily agree with 3 being the best, though. Number one is just so well put together; one of the finest pieces of software mankind has ever achieved tbh

The first and third are definitely the most consistent in terms of quality; though I don't think I'd put 1 above 3 if Rise from the Ashes is taken out of consideration. In any case, what they achieved with the first was probably most impressive, compared to the relatively assured success of the sequels - without that amazing localisation, the series wouldn't have had the slightest chance outside Japan.

Shinobix

My boyfriend has self-esteem issues and today he asked me what do I normally do on Valentine's day. I found the question rather bothersome because he is constantly comparing himself with my ex, even though he knows my last relationship ended up atrociously. Ugh.

WonderzL

Banned
The first and third are definitely the most consistent in terms of quality; though I don't think I'd put 1 above 3 if Rise from the Ashes is taken out of consideration. In any case, what they achieved with the first was probably most impressive, compared to the relatively assured success of the sequels - without that amazing localisation, the series wouldn't have had the slightest chance outside Japan.

I definitely count Rise from the Ashes... I mean... How awesome is that? My jaw dropped with that case.

get better soon hanch

Aw, feel better!

I hope you get well soon.

Make someone go buy you ginger ale.

Feel better soon man. :)

Thanks guys. Feeling better now. Think it was just a reaction to something I ate.

Yuck ginger ale.

People use Barnes and Nobles for that? The things I learn.

I didn't even know Barnes & Noble still existed. I thought they went out of business. At least all the ones in my area closed down.

Masked Man

I said wow

I want you to play it simply because it's my favorite Zelda game to date. I know the time limit can be anxiety-inducing, but the game is an aesthetic wonderland just begging to be explored. The real draw, however, is the sheer amount of subplots. So many of the NPCs have genuinely touching stories, and following all of those threads allows you to better appreciate the brilliantly woven tapestry of Termina. I highly recommend you give it another go! :D

bigkrev

Majora's Mask is responsible for the only break in my life I took from video games- It didn't click with me at all when it came out, and i pretty much stopped playing games for a year and a half (which is a SIGNIFICANT amount of time when you are 12 years old), until I fell in love with the Dreamcast (because my favorite type of games are arcady short burst games, which the DC was the master of).

Hope I can give it a second chance now.

You guys I'm totally still playing Wind Waker HD, I got my friend to come by and beat this dungeon (prolly the first one too, let's be real) so that I can move forward in the game, and now I'm at the tower of Gods or some shit. I just am in awe at how absolutely shitty at Zelda I am. I get way too easily stumped and it's coz I don't play them enough to predict the pacing.

Meanwhile I'm back into Pokemon and Phoenix Wright on 3DS and feeling my oats about it.

You guys I'm totally still playing Wind Waker HD, I got my friend to come by and beat this dungeon (prolly the first one too, let's be real) so that I can move forward in the game, and now I'm at the tower of Gods or some shit. I just am in awe at how absolutely shitty at Zelda I am. I get way too easily stumped and it's coz I don't play them enough to predict the pacing.

Meanwhile I'm back into Pokemon and Phoenix Wright on 3DS and feeling my oats about it.

Hmm, I'm pretty decent at Zelda games (I've played them all at least twice), but the Tower of the gods had me scratching my had 1 or 2 times too when I re-played WW (HD) for the first time in years.

You'll get better the more you play :p

WonderzL

Banned

I was shit at my first Zelda (Ocarina of Time), but the patterns more or less stay the same, so you will get better, I'm sure.

Such a good dungeon! It may seem confusing but once you understand he main task you have to do in it, its fairly straight forward, Just use ALL the tools at your disposal

I want you to play it simply because it's my favorite Zelda game to date. I know the time limit can be anxiety-inducing, but the game is an aesthetic wonderland just begging to be explored. The real draw, however, is the sheer amount of subplots. So many of the NPCs have genuinely touching stories, and following all of those threads allows you to better appreciate the brilliantly woven tapestry of Termina. I highly recommend you give it another go! :D

Aww, your message makes me want to give it another go. I don't know if I'll get it tomorrow, but definitely soon. :) I just wish time limits didn't make me so anxious, lol.

Aww, some of the puzzles can be really fun to figure out (especially in the more recent games like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword).

Kinsei

Banned
Aww, your message makes me want to give it another go. I don't know if I'll get it tomorrow, but definitely soon. :) I just wish time limits didn't make me so anxious, lol.

Here are few tips to make the time limit less stressful. I've spoiler tagged them in case you want to figure this stuff out on your own.

Play the song of time backwards to slow down time so each day lasts a full real life hour.
Play each note in the song of time teice to warp to any hour in the future to get rid of waiting.
Once you open up a new dungeon play the song of time to return to the first day, play the inverted song of time to slow down time, and warp to the dungeon. You now have 3 hours to beat it.
When you return to the first day you keep your major items and dungeons will stay beaten.

RM8

Threads about transgender people always end up in people saying why they wouldn't date transgender people :/ Honestly, if I meet a guy, I'm attracted to him and we get along great, I'd feel incredibly lucky and him being transgender would not change that one bit. Maybe sex would be different, honestly, I don't care one bit. I'm more concerned about stuff like, does he value gameplay over graphics? Is he tolerant to spicy food? Can he tolerate my taste in music? You know, important stuff :p

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Wow... I've been to a number of Barnes and Nobles in my life, but I was completely unaware of their "alternative usages."

Encountered way too much of this foolishness during my years as an assistant manager at a Borders. Who in the world finds a public restroom - generally some of the most foul places on earth - to be a turn-on? Didn't stop couples from going at it in the stalls...

There was one guy who enjoyed jacking off all over the men's room walls, but we could never catch him in the act. It happened so often that we'd hear over the headset about someone finding his, uh, evidence a couple times per week: *bzzt* "He did it, everyone. The Jizzler struck again." Thankfully, we did eventually get the dude banned for life.

Threads about transgender people always end up in people saying why they wouldn't date transgender people :/ Honestly, if I meet a guy, I'm attracted to him and we get along great, I'd feel incredibly lucky and him being transgender would not change that one bit. Maybe sex would be different, honestly, I don't care one bit. I'm more concerned about stuff like, does he value gameplay over graphics? Is he tolerant to spicy food? Can he tolerate my taste in music? You know, important stuff :p
That's how I feel.
Do I like his personality or hobbies? :)

Kevyt

terrible people are the best.

I don't know about that...

My boyfriend has self-esteem issues and today he asked me what do I normally do on Valentine's day. I found the question rather bothersome because he is constantly comparing himself with my ex, even though he knows my last relationship ended up atrociously. Ugh.

You should tell him to stop comparing himself to others. Also he sounds insecure, could be because of the low self steem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom