• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as if I don't have a childhood because I've never played Nintendo games... hearing my friends talk about Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and such... and I'm just like ;_; I feel like I missed out.

But I'm getting a wii u for X, smash and the new Zelda. But am I too late to the party? O: I:

It's never too late.

Jezan

So that was you? Your ex sounds like a terrible person.
Yes and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Don't wanna sound like a victim or anything :p , but it was because of him that I became an insecure, low self-esteem guy over the course of the years, adding to that some other stuff in my life. In the end I learned a lot about relationships and specially myself. So yes, I will keep dancing to Kpop and learn the choreographies because I like to, and won't stop just because some guy is insecure about his abilities to enjoy stuff. :p
terrible people are the best.
Why? :D
My boyfriend has self-esteem issues and today he asked me what do I normally do on Valentine's day. I found the question rather bothersome because he is constantly comparing himself with my ex, even though he knows my last relationship ended up atrociously. Ugh.
Have you asked him why is he comparing himself so much? Do you know why his self-esteem is like that? There should be something, maybe he is shy to admit it.
I feel as if I don't have a childhood because I've never played Nintendo games... hearing my friends talk about Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and such... and I'm just like ;_; I feel like I missed out.

But I'm getting a wii u for X, smash and the new Zelda. But am I too late to the party? O: I:
Wii U has Metroid Prime Trilogy!!!!! Also Bayonetta!

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda, everyone should play it.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

Yes to everything! Also let's not forget the Wii U has the Virtual Console with classics as well, like Super Metroid!*

*Best game ever developed.

So much more Ace Attorney talk after I left. Excellent~

And now good afternoon! <3

I slept for an embarrassingly long amount of time. ^_^;;

Definitely. I'm pretty sure Capcom is playing to Chris's gay fanbase wholeheartedly now. (Or they are hilariously obtuse.)

Muscular legs are so damn sexy, I can't even. Underrated too.

If you got 'em, flaunt 'em!

I like frozen yogurt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than ice cream. I don't think I've had frozen custard before, but I'd love to try it.

Sigh legs ;___;

Good afternoon!!! Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bit :3!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Plans for the weekend. Lets hear them, Even if they're solo :D

We're doing valentine's day as a cumulative end-of-the-week thing because of our work schedules. Picked up some yellow roses and whatnot at the farmer's market today, along with stuff to make for a nice dinner tonight; tomorrow the dog is going to see a new trainer (poor little guy got kicked out of the first training classes we went to) and finally having dinner at La Spiga.

Sigh legs ;___;

Good afternoon!!! Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bit :3!
Your legs are nothing to sigh about! I can't wait to go clothes shopping with you and get you to try on some nice shorts. <3

I do love sleep, like someone please pay me to do so. But if I sleep too long in the morning/afternoon, I don't need to nap later, and naps are the greatest. ;)

Nothing. All my friends are working. :/

I'll eat V-day candy and watch old movies probably. Play some of dem video games.

Kater

Banned
We will probably have a Skype Video Chat in the LGBTQIA+ Skype group tomorrow evening, if you want to join in just PM me and I'll add you. :)

My boyfriend has self-esteem issues and today he asked me what do I normally do on Valentine's day. I found the question rather bothersome because he is constantly comparing himself with my ex, even though he knows my last relationship ended up atrociously. Ugh.
Did you change your nickname or are you a new poster? Anyway, I know that problem. I try to avoid talking about my exes too much with bfs, it's not a good idea, since most people start to compare themselves with past lovers of their current lover. It's really unfortunate, but that's just how people tick. :(

You are probably right (I just don't want to dominate the conversation with something our fellow americans....or pretty much everyone who isn't a native german-speaker... might find extremely groan-worthy....with me being new here and stuff :p )

Wow. Thats a fantastic deal, congrats :D . And Amazon.de ...finally...shipped the thing.

I hope I'll see everyone in the Monster Hunter OT !
I don't think we could even do that, most of the time the discussion shifts to Nintendo or hot dudes in barely any / tight clothes really quickly anyway. :p So if we'd discuss culture and language for a bit, I'm sure it wouldn't dominate the thread, no worries there. :p

Oh, cool! I wish I could get into MH, but I don't understand it at all. I tried to fight that bear once but couldn't even beat that one, and I was playing with a friend as well. -.-

the trans thread makes me piss LMAO

fucking DEATH at these people
Glad the mods banned some of them, some really vile posts in there.

Online viewing party of some films. :D

And lots of doodling, sketching, reading. :3

Yes and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Don't wanna sound like a victim or anything :p , but it was because of him that I became an insecure, low self-esteem guy over the course of the years, adding to that some other stuff in my life. In the end I learned a lot about relationships and specially myself. So yes, I will keep dancing to Kpop and learn the choreographies because I like to, and won't stop just because some guy is insecure about his abilities to enjoy stuff. :p

c469d0a82cc6831ce4ec7adb4f9c8451893d609c7cba15aea2b401918223dbf3.jpg

Seriously though good for you. I have been there myself and now I am like fuck it I wont let anyone get me in that place again.

And you're better than me, I just nod my head but wouldn't dare try the choreo.
two left feet

Kevyt

It's never too late.

Have you asked him why is he comparing himself so much? Do you know why his self-esteem is like that? There should be something, maybe he is shy to admit it.

Yessss!! There's still hope. I can't wait to get a wii u and smash, get good at it, and wreck each and every one of you.

DOWN

Banned
Getting drunk at friend's single person support group on Saturday

Off topic/on topic?

Who actually likes frozen yogurt or soft serve? It's like... Too melty or too hard, you know?

Frozen Custard is king; it's like a dense rich fluffy mousse.

http://www.ritasice.com/

Y'all need to get your asses to a Rita's and get a chocolate custard waffle cone.

MESS

You don't like the cream in Oreos, and you advocate Rita's over ice cream and frozen yogurt?

Soft serve ice cream is my favorite of all. In Copenhagen I got a soft serve vanilla cone that they covered in malt powder when we were walking around in Tivoli and it was amazing.

terrible people gives me joy in life
LOL okay. i'll stop
It's also why i'm a terrible friend to you sometimes <3

HUELEN10

Mess? Don't you mean, Miss?

Anywho, you aren't an American, you're like in Denmark; what you call ice cream is probably high enough in egg amount that it would be what we call custard here. This gal's all about finding the best frozen confections!

Gelato: Milk, sugar, and fruit/natural flavor, doesn't get much better than this. What some would call God-tier scoopable ice cream.

Vienetta: Vienetta is a mystery; in the U.S. It's now history. Damn it was good, and Europe gets it in mint and vanilla...

Frozen Custard: cream, milk, sugar, and egg makes it mousse-like and king of the soft serves; once you go custard, you don't go back.

I totes miss Vienetta, it was sooooo good.

; _ ;

DOWN

Banned
Mess? Don't you mean, Miss?

Anywho, you aren't an American, you're like in Denmark; what you call ice cream is probably high enough in egg amount that it would be what we call custard here. This gal's all about finding the best frozen confections!

Gelato: Milk, sugar, and fruit/natural flavor, doesn't get much better than this. What some would call God-tier scoopable ice cream.

Vienetta: Vienetta is a mystery; in the U.S. It's now history. Damn it was good, and Europe gets it in mint and vanilla...

Frozen Custard: cream, milk, sugar, and egg makes it mousse-like and king of the soft serves; once you go custard, you don't go back.

I totes miss Vienetta, it was sooooo good.

; _ ;

Oh no, I'm an American. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else, honestly. But I've gladly visited Denmark and that ice cream was the real deal.

Never had gelato and don't really crave it.

Glad to hear it

Thanks for all the welcome backs everybody!

So i walked into that "trans dating" thread in OT and idk what i expected. Gaf can be so goddamn bigoted at times. Its not even that they say no but its just how they say it and not using the correct pronouns and shit

A big WTF? to a certain someone in this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991040

Talking about acting on 'homosexual urges' is a choice so it is not any less fair game for criticism than appearances. Saying that racial appearance can be changed because Michael Jackson did it.

Bizarre and unfortunate.
I think the intended point was a criticism of framing things as a choice in order to make it fair game for criticism. Something like this.

(CornBurrito is a gaysexual)

DOWN

Banned
I think the intended point was a criticism of framing things as a choice in order to make it fair game for criticism. Something like this.

(CornBurrito is a gaysexual)
I think his intention was to say don't ridicule anything, but he tried to use 'everything is a choice so none of it is better for ridicule' as his evidence and just wound up on several bad statements. 'Repressing your orientation' isn't a solid way to level the playing field of the discussion.

I recognize him, but I think his discussion was poorly laid out. Much of the posts are defending the statements and not the intention. EDIT: To be clear, I am calling the off-the-rails explanations and comparisons bizarre. It just strikes me as disastrously distracting, and it seems like others got caught on those statements like I did. That would be PR hell for a politician, but I'm not saying CornBurrito himself is bizarre or his original intent as I interpreted it.

Thanks for all the welcome backs everybody!

So i walked into that "trans dating" thread in OT and idk what i expected. Gaf can be so goddamn bigoted at times. Its not even that they say no but its just how they say it and not using the correct pronouns and shit

Welcome back, that trans thread didn't surprise me at all. I mean we even have those in the community who're ignorant to it as well.

Guys I need suggestions for the 3DS I am picking up tomorrow.
DS and 3DS this is my first 3DS handheld.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Encountered way too much of this foolishness during my years as an assistant manager at a Borders. Who in the world finds a public restroom - generally some of the most foul places on earth - to be a turn-on? Didn't stop couples from going at it in the stalls...

There was one guy who enjoyed jacking off all over the men's room walls, but we could never catch him in the act. It happened so often that we'd hear over the headset about someone finding his, uh, evidence a couple times per week: *bzzt* "He did it, everyone. The Jizzler struck again." Thankfully, we did eventually get the dude banned for life.

was The Jizzler hot?

did your ex have a huge d or something

RM8

Welcome back, that trans thread didn't surprise me at all. I mean we even have those in the community who're ignorant to it as well.

First thing you need to do is to download the Code Name STEAM demo. It's freaking glorious <3 My hype can't be contained.

HUELEN10

Shovel Knight. Shantae 3, and Style Savvy are all gonna look totes amazing on that screen.

Get them all!

First thing you need to do is to download the Code Name STEAM demo. It's freaking glorious <3 My hype can't be contained.

Shovel Knight. Shantae 3, and Style Savvy are all gonna look totes amazing on that screen.

Get them all!

all the kirby you can find

except squeak squad. gently brush that one to the side.

I will take all of these into consideration. I played a Kirby game awhile back and liked it.
I heard great things about both Shovel Knight and Code Name STEAM.

Thanks. Any of you played Trauma Center? I heard it was good.

Kinsei

Banned

The World Ends With You
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
Dragon Quest IX
Mario Golf World Tour

Those would be a good start.

Thanks. Any of you played Trauma Center? I heard it was good.

I've played the three Wii ones (I think the first is a remake of the first DS game) and they were all amazing. I imagine the DS ones are as well.

The World Ends With You
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
Dragon Quest IX
Mario Golf World Tour

Those would be a good start.

I've played the three Wii ones (I think the first is a remake of the first DS game) and they were all amazing. I imagine the DS ones are as well.

Thanks. That list you gave sounds really good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Technically, a bamboo stalk is still grass.

TEEHEE

mantidor

Sooo guys, gais...

Love... Or friendship? (Queue in "team friendship" gif from happy endings):p

Seriously, one thing is to see it in an (awesome) series, another is having to decide... In real life...

DOWN

Banned
edit: ^beaten
Sooo guys, gais...

Love... Or friendship? (Queue in "team friendship" gif from happy endings):p

Seriously, one thing is to see it in an (awesome) series, another is having to decide... In real life...

Why not both? How much of a chance is there for love? If it's high, then you'll get both. If it's iffy, you are risking a life without either from that person.

Kevyt

There's so many cute guys in the gym during the late afternoon. I don't like coming to the gym so late because of this...

DOWN

Banned
Can't be. &#128546;

Life sucks like that.

Edit: to be clear, i think i have to chose between close friendships and the (slight) chance of love, it's not the same person :p

Vague as hell

I don't get the situation. I guess I'd probably chicken out and have a friend if I were in your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom