• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have HIV? How'd you get it if you don't mind my asking? There was a scene on this week's Looking where one of the characters talked about how he got HIV (he got it from his boyfriend and didn't know for like a year :x), and it kind of freaked me out a bit. :/

Yeah it's scary, but, I guess cutting back on casual hook ups would help. :/

Lol as if anyone would opt for that.

I have a sociological research methods exam due tomorrow and the essay question is based around Regnerus's Family Study. Shit is ridiculous but really interesting for the fact something like this could be published.

Anyway four more paragraphs to go and I can finally sleep

just how good is his cock exactly

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

daripad

You have plenty of time there sport. You've got your whole adult life ahead of you. :)

Edit: Happy Birthday BTW.

I had no idea how old you were. I assumed you were much younger based on one of your pictures, more like my age (22). So no age in common. Just the zero loves record. Well, glad it was a good day.

Happy Birthday!

And don't let it get to you. The road has many turns.

Oh! Happy Birthday! :D

Happy Birthday, dari.

May you find your real love somehow, someday. =3

Happy birthday, hipster Bowser Jr. :p !

Happy birthday! Don't worry too much, you'll have plenty more occasions in the future to love and be loved :)

Happy Birthday :)

At first, when I read "third decade of life" I thought you meant you're already 30. D:
Then I read the whole sentence again.

Happy Birthday man! As others, have said, don't stress about it too much. Better to be patient and love the right guy than love the wrong guy because you just want to be in a relationship.

Thank you guys :)

Looks like the guy I was chatting with is not interested so I stoped being interested in him. Now I don't know what to do. I suppose I will dedicate my time to school as I've been doing and seeing my friends, but nothing else.

Still, there is one guy that I would like to get to know (I mentioned him in another post) and my friend who made me know him gave me his facebook username and added him. I don't know how to start a conversation with him though, it would be awkward considering we only interacted once and it was just "hi".
Seems that I get too lost and always ask for advice here, sorry >.>

I'm seeing straight people see the word "twink" as offensive

looool

Well, I guess any word can be offensive if used in a shitty enough way, but I really doubt I'll flinch if I hear someone throw around the word twink IRL...

But this guy got it from his long term (I think) boyfriend. Someone he trusted. :/

I mean, that's a conversation couples ideally should have together right? When to stop using protection if they're monogamous and go and get tested together and all that stuff...

Makes cheating that much more shitty, but hey can't have a relationship without trust and faith in the person you're seeing.

Dany

Banned
Since twink is gay lingo, then perhaps the person doesn't want to be seen as desirable to the gay community.

Also, this weather is shit. I am tired of bitter cold. Weather for the next 10 days are between 10-20 F. Can't wait to be in New Orleans and get drunk wearing nothing. ;_;

Vitanimus

I view the whole twink / otter / bear stuff etc etc as body type stuff

but if they wanna be offended by their internalised homophobia then 👄

Mumei

I don't think it's about "twink" being offensive or insulting. I think it's about the sexual assault accusations directed towards Bryan Singer last year, the fact that he does seem to have a type, and the insinuation that the actor was chosen because he was a twink and thus Singer's type.

It's dumb, but not the same sort of dumb as, "I think twink is an insult."

berzeli

Banned
I don't think it's about "twink" being offensive or insulting. I think it's about the sexual assault accusations directed towards Bryan Singer last year, the fact that he does seem to have a type, and the insinuation that the actor was chosen because he was a twink and thus Singer's type.

Eh, it came across as a bit of both being unaccustomed to the word and the context in which it was used to me. Not that this is of any major significance anyhow.

That topic is a bit of mess, I mean Singer was known as a creep before the allegations (which seem to be completely false) but I think it is a fair assessment to say that he gets judged more harshly than his straight counterparts. So I don't know, is it fair to mock Singer? Yes, yes it really is. Is some of that mockery in part fuelled by bigotry? Probably.

Mr_Zombie

I see we're talking about gay body types. So is this the time to return to our old gay thread cycle and start posting the Gay Cliques Census results again? :lol

God yes. As much as I usually like my men to be all confident and tough, etc., I have a soft spot for awkward guys (they are so fucking cute) and I'm sure others do as well.

ekkHGd3.gif

Same as Kaiser_Glider, I'm the awkward shy type of guy and when I'm with other people I constantly think that I make them feel uncomfortable. It's nice to know that there are people who consider that as something cute. Gives me hope. ^^

That topic is a bit of mess, I mean Singer was known as a creep before the allegations (which seem to be completely false) but I think it is a fair assessment to say that he gets judged more harshly than his straight counterparts. So I don't know, is it fair to mock Singer? Yes, yes it really is. Is some of that mockery in part fuelled by bigotry? Probably.

Drooling over underage Miley Cyrus, Chloe Moretz, Emma Watson and other teen female stars? That's OK!
Stinger's twink pool parties? That's creepy!

daripad

I'm an awkward guy too (super awkward with any adult). Hopefully someone will find it cute :3

OMG guys, I just saw the local news and a gay marriage was celebrate in my city. I had the courage to go to the comments section and I left sad, as expected :( Hopefully this being the cover of today's news will make the local congress consider gay marriage in my state. BTW, I'm in Mexico.

I see we're talking about gay body types. So is this the time to return to our old gay thread cycle and start posting the Gay Cliques Census results again? :lol

ekkHGd3.gif

Same as Kaiser_Glider, I'm the awkward shy type of guy and when I'm with other people I constantly think that I make them feel uncomfortable. It's nice to know that there are people who consider that as something cute. Gives me hope. ^^

Drooling over underage Miley Cyrus, Chloe Moretz, Emma Watson and other teen female stars? That's OK!
Stinger's twink pool parties? That's creepy!

The Countdown to Britney turning 18 and especially Arianna Grande turning 18 here on GAF are insanely more creepy than Singer could ever hope to be in my opinion.

Ty4on

Never heard of " otter" as a body type before, thanks !

What you did there, I see it !
:p
How did I not see that -_-
I mean, I would call this guy an otter
Now we lack a name for hairy twinks :p
I guess they aren't lean enough, but I keep thinking cub.
You're right. That might've just been nioctine and alcohol withdrawal speaking
Nicotine withdrawl causes strong dopamine deficiency. The effects of it does make a lot of illegal drugs seem harmless.

I have to also chime in and say that awkward guys are cute. I'm usually too awkward to approach them though :/

Wow. This spoiler text does not paint the community in a positive light.

It's essentlly "AIDS is scary. LOL whatever!!! #YOLO"

I was just being facetious. Not saying HIV is something not to think about. Sorry if it came across that way.

Of course it's a very personal decision, but it comes down to balancing being safe, and responsible while being sex-positive, having fun, etc. And that's if you don't wanna do the monogamy thing, though even then the risk isn't 0 right?

I feel like I'm going from one jokey extreme to obnoxious preaching so I'll just stop. (O_0)

If I can make one generalization though: guys are typically sluttier than women. It's not a gay thing. It's a man thing. So the whole gay guys are promiscuous thing is kinda unfair.

Kevyt

I'm an awkward guy too (super awkward with any adult). Hopefully someone will find it cute :3

OMG guys, I just saw the local news and a gay marriage was celebrate in my city. I had the courage to go to the comments section and I left sad, as expected :( Hopefully this being the cover of today's news will make the local congress consider gay marriage in my state. BTW, I'm in Mexico.

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great time and got stuffed again. :)

Yeah as someone with HIV, I recommend that you always use protection. And also helps prevent other nasty STD's.
Yeah, I'm far too scared of catching an incurable STD like HIV to ever want to risk it by not being safe. The only time I'd seriously consider not doing that would be in a committed, monogamous relationship -- but even then, regular testing or use of drugs that help prevent HIV reception would probably be wise, just in case.

I think I've finally realized that I'm going to be literally forever alone.
I've felt that way for a lot of my life, becausr I never considered myself a person worthy of love. Those feelings really got bad over the last several years. But recently, for the first time in a long time, I feel the clouds parting and hope shining through. I have LettersGAF to thank for a lot of that.

So don't give up all hope just yet, man.

speak for yourself sis
I am, haha. I may not think much of myself, at all, but I don't have the patience for bullshit, and not caring about getting your sexual partner off seems pretty fucking bullshit to me. Doesn't matter to me how hot someone is, if they expect me to get on my knees but give nothing in return, then they can enjoy the company of their hand instead, because I'm not an object you use to get off. Fuck that shit.

But then again, I also don't put as much value on physical hotness as most guys I've known, so I'm probably the odd man out.

Feliz cumpleaños :]

Welp, daripad, this is relevant: Nuevo León congress: we can't allow gay marriage in our state because that's a developed country thing, lol.

As I said in that thread: dear Nuevo León congress member, we do have gay marriage in Mexico, and couples that get married in the states that allow it, keep all their legal benefits nation-wide, even in *gasp* Nuevo León. So please think of a better excuse next time.

Well, seems like daripad lives in a more developed state than ours,

Boda gay in Tabasco

Congrats, daripad, you can now get married near home without traveling 8+ hours. You'll just have to convince some officials and do a little more paperwork to do it, unless your state congress decides to do something about it.

Kevyt

Well, seems like daripad lives in a more developed state than ours,

Boda gay in Tabasco

Congrats, daripad, you can now get married near home without traveling 8+ hours. You'll just have to convince some officials and do a little more paperwork to do it, unless your state congress decides to do something about it.

Is the guy with the notebook taking notes on how to kiss? lol

But Mexico is really lagging behind and it's a shame. I recently saw CNN Mexico and they were making fun of atheists... wtf!!?? I don't think Fox News is even that blunt about it.

I was just being facetious. Not saying HIV is something not to think about. Sorry if it came across that way.

Of course it's a very personal decision, but it comes down to balancing being safe, and responsible while being sex-positive, having fun, etc. And that's if you don't wanna do the monogamy thing, though even then the risk isn't 0 right?

I feel like I'm going from one jokey extreme to obnoxious preaching so I'll just stop. (O_0)

If I can make one generalization though: guys are typically sluttier than women. It's not a gay thing. It's a man thing. So the whole gay guys are promiscuous thing is kinda unfair.

I disagree that men are sluttier than women, based on your definition of slutty. I could agree that men want sex more frequently than women. That does not translate to "men want as many sex partners in as short a timeframe as possible." Monogamy doesn't necessarily result in less sexual encounters than polygamy. Fucking one dude 3 times a day is the same amount of sex as fucking 3 different men in a single day.

That said, there's nothing inherently wrong with seeking out as many sex partners as you can find. You don't have to be monogamous.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member

Indeed! It's nice to know some people can find us cute by being awkward! Hooray! :p

Oh y... ¡Feliz Cumpleaños Daripad! Even though I already congratulated you on Facebook. Also, yay for gay marriage in Tabasco. :3

Is the guy with the notebook taking notes on how to kiss? lol

But Mexico is really lagging behind and it's a shame. I recently saw CNN Mexico and they were making fun of atheists... wtf!!?? I don't think Fox News is even that blunt about it.

Ok, after reading more on the subject, it seems like the gay weddings are not legal in tabasco yet.

It's more like state laws are still prohibiting same sex marriages but the federal court says those laws are unconstitutional. So I could go to the civil registry, ask for a marriage license where they will tell me fuck no, and then I need to go to a federal court to win a judgement that tells the state officials to fucking let me get married, and that's how many gay people are marrying all over the country. And even tough there are many cases like this, somehow we still need a lot more cases like this in a state by state basis to create a precedent or something like that.

I guess that is why the progress in same sex marriage is really slow right now, like the supreme court did make a gigantic step a couple years ago, but the states are not interested in reforming their unconstitutional and discriminatory laws even if they serve only as an obstacle for the gays to get married.

RM8

It's so dumb, though. People can come to Mexico City (or Coahuila / Quintana Roo IIRC) to get married and go back with all the legal benefits and recognition... What's exactly the point in making people do that? Other than not appearing too developed :p

It's so dumb, though. People can come to Mexico City (or Coahuila / Quintana Roo IIRC) to get married and go back with all the legal benefits and recognition... What's exactly the point in making people do that? Other than not appearing too developed :p

I don't even think the guy himself believes in what he said , it's probably just empty gibberish to defend the status quo and a form of deflection.

It's an extremely dumb thing to say though.

DOWN

Banned
For those looking to get more clarification on the body types (don't forget the wolves)
kJgVuCn.gif

The term was brought up in an insult to Singer, but then some people in the thread said the term twink was offensive to the actor. The reasoning given is that it implies looking gay, and thus is offensive, according to some in that thread. In reality, the terms are for body types and thus everyone fits one of them whether they are gay or straight, and there's nothing that should offend a straight person about those terms normally being used on gay men.

For those looking to get more clarification on the body types (don't forget the wolves)

kJgVuCn.gif

The term was brought up in an insult to Singer, but then some people in the thread said the term twink was offensive to the actor. The reasoning given is that it implies looking gay, and thus is offensive, according to some in that thread. In reality, the terms are for body types and thus everyone fits one of them whether they are gay or straight, and there's nothing that should offend a straight person about those terms normally being used on gay men.

I think he just made up a few of those labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom