• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezan

I guess I should have said that it's out of character for me to talk about it so much like this :/. I just didn't really know what else to do..

There's so much pressure and judgment around me when it comes to school (because I'm "still in it" and I "should be done by now") that I don't even want to be in it anymore.. I just sorta want to get a job and move out. But I'm so scared of regretting my choice in the future.

Gah. I feel like I can't breathe sometimes lol..
That's why we are here, maybe we don't have the answer you're looking for, but by letting it out, it will help you think clearer, imo.

Bladenic

I'd like to think/hope there is no enhancement done to the pictures regarding his package. I hope he's packing something massive as those pics would indicate.

terrisus

Huzzah!
I finally found a heating pad which will work well on my neck/shoulders/back!

JHWcqoT.jpg

I don't even care that it's obviously made for/marketed toward old people...
I mean, I am an old person, after all >.>

And, sure, it cost much more than the other one I had gotten before...
But...

So happy to finally not have to try to be wedging a rectangular heating pad against me and trying to keep it in place.

They're....kind of amazing. How big are they? If they're considerably smaller than your actual ear-lobe they're probably understated enough to get away with most casual outfits.

(Unless of course...you got matching cufflinks)

Hahaha thank you!! i'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes them! i thought I was kinda crazy when I bought them o/////o

They seem to be almost exactly the same size as the ones I have in right now!!

Omg. What I would do for matching cufflinks. LOLLL!

That's why we are here, maybe we don't have the answer you're looking for, but by letting it out, it will help you think clearer, imo.

It's true.. I really do appreciate you guys hearing me out. I feel a little less anxious already. <3 I really appreciate it.

Huzzah!
I finally found a heating pad with will work well on my neck/shoulders/back!

JHWcqoT.jpg

I don't even care that it's obviously made for/marketed toward old people...
I mean, I am an old person, after all >.>

And, sure, it cost much more than the other one I had gotten before...
But...

So happy to finally not have to try to be wedging a rectangular heating pad against me and trying to keep it in place.

Just add a cape and you can be a superhero.

Hahaha thank you!! i'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes them! i thought I was kinda crazy when I bought them o/////o

It's true.. I really do appreciate you guys hearing me out. I feel a little less anxious already. <3 I really appreciate it.

Dude yea for sure you can get away with rocking those under most conditions. Naysayers just have no moon pride smh.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Just saw the world's most handsome Asian man in ORD. He was a customs officer. So cute and sexy at the same time. I want to come back to Chicago and stalk him.

It's a good thing we have, like, polar opposite tastes, because I also saw the world's most attractive Asian guy this morning. Thankfully two "world's most" can co-exist. ;)

Dude yea for sure you can get away with rocking those under most conditions. Naysayers just have no moon pride smh.

Hahaha!! I thought so too! <3 glad I got some objective approval tho! Always feels nice :)

I have earrings and a cat named Luna. I'm moving in with Princess Serenity tomorrow tbh.

Edit: wait can I live with Tuxedo Mask instead? Mm <3

Those earrings are flawless. :D

I know things will start looking up for you soon. You got this. <3

As long as I stay within like 5 feet of an electrical outlet :þ
Portable generator. You need to commit to your new identity!

red13th

It's a good thing we have, like, polar opposite tastes, because I[/] also saw the world's most attractive Asian guy this morning. Thankfully two "world's most" can co-exist. ;)

lol!
I went back to get some Garrett's popcorn (long layover) and hottest Asian was going back home. So cute and sexy. I'll never forget you, hot Asian from Chicago!

No. He's just a zippo lighter.
That's why he's so amazing. I love his design, it's so incredibly NEStastic.

Old school Mega Man is just so amazing. As much as I dig all of today's video game advancements, there's a feeling that NES and SNES games have that just will never be replicated. I know it's in huge part the nostalgia talking, but I'm so happy I was a kid then.

terrisus

Old school Mega Man is just so incredible.

Mega Man 2 and 3 are amazing.
1, 4, and 5 are great.
After that, meh.

As much as I love all of today's video game advancements, there's a feeling that NES and SNES games have that just will never be replicated. I know it's in huge part the nostalgia talking, but I'm so happy I was a kid then.

SNES games are still my favorites, and I would easily take them over anything released now.

RM8

There's no such thing as a bad classic Mega Man game. 1 to 10, Wily's Revenge to V, Mega Man & Bass (including the completely different WonderSwan version) - at worst there are "merely okay" entries. And 5 remains my absolute favorite :]

1, 4, and 5 are great.
After that, meh.
I think 1-6 are all awesome, some are better than others, sure, but they all have their merits. 7 & 8 are okay too, but they definitely lost some charm in the transition. 9 & 10 are actually pretty solid in my eyes. I loved that Capcom really tried to recapture the early feel, and I think they were mostly successful at it.

SNES games are still my favorites, and I would easily take them over anything released now.
Yeah, the SNES library is pretty magical. I love introducing people unfamiliar with retro games to these titles. (NES, SNES, early PSX, etc.)

Just like with older movies, there's a wealth of experiences just waiting to be discovered if you're up for it. (But then again, the same goes for embracing new media too.)

HUELEN10

There's no such thing as a bad classic Mega Man game. 1 to 10, Wily's Revenge to V, Mega Man & Bass (including the completely different WonderSwan version) - at worst there are "merely okay" entries. And 5 remains my absolute favorite :]
V>5

That's why he's so amazing. I love his design, it's so incredibly NEStastic.

Old school Mega Man is just so amazing. As much as I dig all of today's video game advancements, there's a feeling that NES and SNES games have that just will never be replicated. I know it's in huge part the nostalgia talking, but I'm so happy I was a kid then.

You're a child of the eighties Hours?

1, 4, and 5 are great.
After that, meh.

2, 3, and 4 are great.

1 is good. Replayed it recently after seeing this. Felt way too slidey. Glad they toned it down in the later games

5 is garbage. 6 is ok if only for the Rush improvements.

I played the Megaman Battle Network games a few years ago on GBA.. I'm not sure how other people feel about them, since I think most people I know are more into classic Megaman?? But I really really loved the games!! Battle Networks 1-3 in particular were really fun!

You're a child of the eighties Hours?
Late eighties/early nineties, aka the sweet spot. Old enough to get to play some really retro stuff (NES, Atari, etc.), but young enough to get to enjoy SNES, PSX, N64, etc. fresh.

It was right before the internet was a "thing" too, so it really fostered a lot of camaraderie with those of similar interests in your neighborhood. I'm sorta glad I didn't have the internet as a young kid, too distracting. Now I couldn't imagine life without it, but a lot of the "mystery" is gone with it too.

I played the Megaman Battle Network games a few years ago on GBA.. I'm not sure how other people feel about them, since I think most people I know are more into classic Megaman?? But I really really loved the games!! Battle Networks 1-3 in particular were really fun!
I've only played the first Battle Network, but I enjoyed it. I liked the unique take on the IP. There were quite a few of those ones I believe.

Have you given any of the really old school Mega Man games a shot?

I miss Mega Man. I think I stopped plauing them after 3. Then things got weird. Has there been a wii or wii u game for the blue bomber?
No Wii/Wii U Mega Man. (Besides the ports of 9 & 10, and any retro titles.) There hasn't been a brand new MM game in ages, sadly. Legends 3 was supposed to be a big thing, but then it got cancelled. :/

Late eighties/early nineties, aka the sweet spot. Old enough to get to play some really retro stuff (NES, Atari, etc.), but young enough to get to enjoy SNES, PSX, N64, etc. fresh.

It was right before the internet was a "thing" too, so it really fostered a lot of camaraderie with those of similar interests in your neighborhood. I'm sorta glad I didn't have the internet as a young kid, too distracting. Now I couldn't imagine life without it, but a lot of the "mystery" is gone with it too.

I've only played the first Battle Network, but I enjoyed it. I liked the unique take on the IP. There were quite a few of those ones I believe.

Have you given any of the really old school Mega Man games a shot?
No I haven't ;_; I'm sorry :(. Unless Megaman 64 counts..

Any you would recommend to me? :)

daripad

Feliz cumpleaños :]

Welp, daripad, this is relevant: Nuevo León congress: we can't allow gay marriage in our state because that's a developed country thing, lol.

As I said in that thread: dear Nuevo León congress member, we do have gay marriage in Mexico, and couples that get married in the states that allow it, keep all their legal benefits nation-wide, even in *gasp* Nuevo León. So please think of a better excuse next time.

Well, seems like daripad lives in a more developed state than ours,

Boda gay in Tabasco

Congrats, daripad, you can now get married near home without traveling 8+ hours. You'll just have to convince some officials and do a little more paperwork to do it, unless your state congress decides to do something about it.

I can wait though, is not like I'm close to get married lol. I hope there are more cases like this in my state so gay marriage gets considered here, we all need it with all the homophobia going around, even by local authorities.

No I haven't ;_; I'm sorry :(. Unless Megaman 64 counts..

Any you would recommend to me? :)
Usually for any series, I tell people to start at the very beginning, but the first Mega Man is brutally hard. Death flies at you from every angle and it's very unforgiving. (I've seen a grown man cry because of the first Mega Man, no exaggeration.) XD

For newcomers, I think Mega Man 2 is a really good place to start. It's still challenging, but much more balanced. Afterward, continuing on in order from 2 would be a good way to get into the series. :) And if you really liked it and felt up to the torture, then you could try the first one. (I've raged so much over that game. O_O) It's extremely satisfying when you beat it though.

If we lived in the same city I'd lend them to you. I have a whole box filled with old NES games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom