• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrisus

With the disclaimer that the thread idea is kind of creepy since, as I said in the thread,
"It's obviously fake, and taking the "Photoshop women to look like how we want them, not how they actually look" issue to the extreme."

This thread

Every single time we have a thread on heavier women (or, in this case, women made to look heavier), the entire thread is full of snide posts saying things like "I'm not saying people can't like different things, I'm just saying this is unhealthy" and "People shouldn't be encouraged to be unhealthy" and even more direct "It's alright to mock/insult/shame someone for being unhealthy."

I mean, there are plenty of things in life that unhealthy.
There are varying degrees of unhealthy among different things.
And, it's possible for someone with certain unhealthy attributes to be more healthy than someone else who doesn't have that attribute, but is still less healthy.

And, more specifically: Who cares?
Seriously. Every. Single. Thread. Like. That.
The. Same. Things. Every. Time.

Can't a guy like large women in peace? >.>

DOWN

Banned
My roommate just asked the other roommate, "What do you think about abortion, bro?" And their consensus was that it doesn't make sense since you can put the kid up for adoption.

I just saw an ad for Ricky Martin album on YouTube. I had no idea he was still doing music. The only song of his I like is his duet with Christina "Nobody Wants to Be Lonely".

Can't a guy like large women in peace? >.>

Why is every thread on it locked?

There's a furry thread, there's a muscle thread, and countless others. I would like to talk about bigger men too.

Like, the first page lumps the photos in with Sonic fans, is sonic fandom just a sexual fetish now?

terrisus

Why is every thread on it locked?

There's a furry thread, there's a muscle thread, and countless others. I would like to talk about bigger men too.

Don't know. There was a thread about larger women that went on for a while, and after a while, it was deleted entirely. Then I was in a conversation with a person who created a "BBW |OT|" (or some name to that effect), the OP was very tasteful, and the thread was basically killed on sight.

But apparently it's fine to have threads about all sorts of other things, with far more objectification.

Don't know. There was a thread about larger women that went on for a while, and after a while, it was deleted entirely. Then I was in a conversation with a person who created a "BBW |OT|" (or some name to that effect), the OP was very tasteful, and the thread was basically killed on sight.

But apparently it's fine to have threads about all sorts of other things, with far more objectification.

My cindy crawford thread got closed too. And it was purely anti objectification.

Wolf sounds like muscle bear. Where as bear denotes a hairy guy who may not be particularly fit.

#Bearboyz we in dis

Im starting to realize how shitty OT is. Some threads are cool but most pertaining to social issues, tabboo, or hot topic almost always instaneously becone toxic places. Discourse is great but the internet is going to be the internet regardless of the site. Tbh the only places i frequent are here, gafhop, steamgaf (although not as much anymore for some reason), and i sporadically post in the gaming section

terrisus

Im starting to realize how shitty OT is. Some threads are cool but most pertaining to social issues, tabboo, or hot topic almost always instaneously becone toxic places. Discourse is great but the internet is going to be the internet regardless of the site. Tbh the only places i frequent are here, gafhop, steamgaf (although not as much anymore for some reason), and i sporadically post in the gaming section

Agreed. I just try not to take things too seriously or personally anymore. It just is what it is I guess.

DOWN

Banned
Protip: Lower your standards far enough, and cast a wide enough net, and do so enough times, and you're guaranteed to find someone.

Source: Personal experience >.>
I can't tell if you are glumly saying that settling is an option, or if you are saying that people get lucky when they look beyond where they first expected to find something.

I've been defintely getting the feeling that I'm going to be single forever these days.. And I keep trying to ask myself who's fault it is..

In terms of physical appearance, im not a shallow person at all.. I have a "type" but I'm not at all limited to that type alone and I can find almost any man attractive if he has a bomb personality. But then I sometimes wonder if my standards for personality are too high :/.

Maybe I'm just not ready, who knows..

Also I don't have a flawless six-pack and pecs which seems to be a dealbreaker to everybody in my area.

Lots of life things like this and my future have been making me really sad and freaked out (I have general anxiety).. Although I did have a big talk about it with my close friends last night and it really helped to get some of it off of my chest..

red13th

Just saw the world's most handsome Asian man in ORD. He was a customs officer. So cute and sexy at the same time. I want to come back to Chicago and stalk him.

aren't you guys all in your 30s or younger?
I'll be 23 next month.. But I'm still allowed to worry about the future, right? X_X. I mean.. I don't want to.. I just haven't been able to help it lately..

I'm sorry.. I know it sounds ridiculous :/

omg you are so gay

i love sailor moon but i mean

gay

LOL. I know, I know. I'm sorry ;_;

But look at them tho!! ;___;
il_570xN.565384039_2rwj.jpg

I couldn't say no ;_;

RM8

Sometimes you don't have high standards. Just specific standards, coupled with simply not knowing many gay people. Not being into clubbing seems like a non-insignificant obstacle as well. Then there's the fact that I'm perfectly okay with being single :p Dating is kind of tiresome, really.

Sometimes you don't have high standards. Just specific standards, coupled with simply not knowing many gay people. Not being into clubbing seems like a non-insignificant obstacle as well. Then there's the fact that I'm perfectly okay with being single :p

This is me as well. Totally not into it X_X. LOL.

I'm definitely okay with being single. In fact, I rather enjoy it at the moment.. But I just start to panic because I know I won't be okay with it forever :S

OMG! I want them! I need them! :O

RIGHT?!?! This is why I couldn't help myself!! ;___;. I'm going to wear them for the first time this weekend LOLL!

Jezan

I've been defintely getting the feeling that I'm going to be single forever these days.. And I keep trying to ask myself who's fault it is..

In terms of physical appearance, im not a shallow person at all.. I have a "type" but I'm not at all limited to that type alone and I can find almost any man attractive if he has a bomb personality. But then I sometimes wonder if my standards for personality are too high :/.

Also I don't have a flawless six-pack and pecs which seems to be a dealbreaker to everybody in my area.

Lots of life things like this and my future have been making me really sad and freaked out (I have general anxiety).. Although I did have a big talk about it with my close friends last night and it really helped to get some of it off of my chest..
You might be overthinking. It's ok if you have not figured out everything about your future, but shutting yourself down because you think you will be alone,will only cause you to worry more and more and not be able to find a satisfying answer to any of your questions. One step at a time if life is overwhelming.
The former >.>

Oh? Really?
Now you tell me >.>
I learned that the hard way, it was of course my fault because I kept thinking I was not good enough, trying to be perfect. Then I learned that I have many flaws and that, of course, I'm not perfect in anyway, but accepting that was the first step to actually know that I'm awesome :)

Captcha

I think about this a lot lately, but I am a little bit older than you. I am totally envious of people who find someone and can lock it down. Time to make a pact that we all get group married if we're still single at 40.

Which reminds me, I was looking at imgur and came across this picture of a couple of Jewish dudes who apparently got married on faux-unicorn back.

The hell are these kinds of guys hiding??

omg you are so gay

i love sailor moon but i mean

gay

anyhow those latest pics of calvin harris... god help me

I saw those, where has he been hiding that body? Thought he died after We Found Love came out.

Bladenic

I'll be 23 next month.. But I'm still allowed to worry about the future, right? X_X. I mean.. I don't want to.. I just haven't been able to help it lately..

I couldn't say no ;_;

i was just kidding anyway but those are really cute

super gay

but cute

You might be overthinking. It's ok if you have not figured out everything about your future, but shutting yourself down because you think you will be alone,will only cause you to worry more and more and not be able to find a satisfying answer to any of your questions. One step at a time if life is overwhelming.
I think about this a lot lately, but I am a little bit older than you. I am totally envious of people who find someone and can lock it down. Time to make a pact that we all get group married if we're still single at 40.
I know :( You're definitely right. When my anxiety gets bad that's all I do is overthink.. But I can't help it sometimes.. I feel like I spend so much of my time trying to keep so many people happy (my parents, for example).. I mean, I'm certainly financially dependent on them because I'm still in school, and if I don't do what they tell me to, they'll likely cut me off.. But then I also have to handle all the judgmental people around me because I'm 22 and I'm still not done my degree, which apparently means I'm not moving fast enough.. And the fact that I'm not working while I'm in school gears other people up (because apparently being a musician isn't considered a "job" to people :/).

I just wonder why people care so much about what goes on in the lives of others, yknow? I feel like I'm stuck.

Oh my.. I'm so sorry for going on and on like this :/ It's sort of out of character for me..
i was just kidding anyway but those are really cute

super gay

but cute

I want pics!

It feels like I pierced my other ear solely in wait for these earrings now, lol.
I'll definitely post one or two pics for you guys! Either Friday night or Saturday!! <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I mean, that's a conversation couples ideally should have together right? When to stop using protection if they're monogamous and go and get tested together and all that stuff...

Makes cheating that much more shitty, but hey can't have a relationship without trust and faith in the person you're seeing.

Hmm, you're right. I guess their mistake was that he and his bf didn't get tested before they ditched condoms (although maybe he got it from oral :x).

trust no one :(

I am, haha. I may not think much of myself, at all, but I don't have the patience for bullshit, and not caring about getting your sexual partner off seems pretty fucking bullshit to me. Doesn't matter to me how hot someone is, if they expect me to get on my knees but give nothing in return, then they can enjoy the company of their hand instead, because I'm not an object you use to get off. Fuck that shit.

But then again, I also don't put as much value on physical hotness as most guys I've known, so I'm probably the odd man out.

what if your sex partner is a god tho

you wouldnt let ben cohen use you like an object

DOWN

Banned
his bulge is stuffed tho
That's the norm for mainstream ads. They aren't like the niche brands where they are a bit raunchy showing detail. Formless, uniform shaping makes the picture work better for ads, more flattering for the model, etc. nothing beats the Beckhams in Armani though.
I saw those, where has he been hiding that body? Thought he died after We Found Love came out.
Nah, you can see he's in shape in the video for "Summer"

Jezan

I know :( You're definitely right. When my anxiety gets bad that's all I do is overthink.. But I can't help it sometimes.. I feel like I spend so much of my time trying to keep so many people happy (my parents, for example).. I mean, I'm certainly financially dependent on them because I'm still in school, and if I don't do what they tell me to, they'll likely cut me off.. But then I also have to handle all the judgmental people around me because I'm 22 and I'm still not done my degree, which apparently means I'm not moving fast enough.. And the fact that I'm not working while I'm in school gears other people up (because apparently being a musician isn't considered a "job" to people :/).

I just wonder why people care so much about what goes on in the lives of others, yknow? I feel like I'm stuck.

Oh my.. I'm so sorry for going on and on like this :/ It's sort of out of character for me..

I'll definitely post one or two pics for you guys! Either Friday night or Saturday!! <3
You don't have to fulfill anyone's expectations. Of course, it's different with your parents if you are still dependent, but they are your parents, not you. If you keep trying to please everyone you will only end up unhappy wonder when did you wasted all your time and energy, and why did you do it on anyone but yourself. Of course other people "care" so much about what you do, because they are trying to justify their lives and (shitty) choices.

Is it? I mean, you think about it (I guess many times a day), you are just venting, there's nothing wrong about it, it means you know you want to do something with your life.

Reminds me of people that after making out say: "Don't think I'm always like this"

You don't have to fulfill anyone's expectations. Of course, it's different with your parents if you are still dependent, but they are your parents, not you. If you keep trying to please everyone you will only end up unhappy wonder when did you wasted all your time and energy, and why did you do it on anyone but yourself. Of course other people "care" so much about what you do, because they are trying to justify their lives and (shitty) choices.

Is it? I mean, you think about it (I guess many times a day), you are just venting, there's nothing wrong about it, it means you know you want to do something with your life.

Reminds me of people that after making out say: "Don't think I'm always like this"

I guess I should have said that it's out of character for me to talk about it so much like this :/. I just didn't really know what else to do..

There's so much pressure and judgment around me when it comes to school (because I'm "still in it" and I "should be done by now") that I don't even want to be in it anymore.. I just sorta want to get a job and move out. But I'm so scared of regretting my choice in the future.

Gah. I feel like I can't breathe sometimes lol..

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's the norm for mainstream ads. They aren't like the niche brands where they are a bit raunchy showing detail. Formless, uniform shaping makes the picture work better for ads, more flattering for the model, etc. nothing beats the Beckhams in Armani though.

and thats what makes those kinds of underwear ads boring to me. like, youre lusting after an illusion. doesnt make sense

Wolf sounds like muscle bear. Where as bear denotes a hairy guy who may not be particularly fit.

I'd never even heard of wolf being thrown around as a term before. Just bears, cubs, and otters.

I couldn't say no ;_;

They're....kind of amazing. How big are they? If they're considerably smaller than your actual ear-lobe they're probably understated enough to get away with most casual outfits.

(Unless of course...you got matching cufflinks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom