• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Come on guys, games are the reason we all are here to begin with! Honestly, I like gaming side a lot, specially on GAF.

OT is a mixed bag. Sometimes, it feels like you are part of a community, other times you realize how judgmental and mean people can be. :(

Hmmm, I really wish tomorrow was already over. I've got an important appointment that I've been waiting a long time for, and now that it's almost here, I'm getting anxious. O_O;;

The waiting is the worst part.

Hmmm, I really wish tomorrow was already over. I've got an important appointment that I've been waiting a long time for, and now that it's almost here, I'm getting anxious. O_O;;

The waiting is the worst.

You are going to be brilliant, and knock their socks off <3. I know it. I'm rooting for you :3

Bladenic

Welp

There goes another one I thought was different and liked

I hate dating. I hate gays. And I hate being gay. Like not self loathing but just like the community and ugh idk it all sucks.

Also I keep telling myself "you'll never meet anyone good on Grindr stop trying" yet I keep going back on my word because it seems someone is different. But nope. And beside that, it's like impossible to meet gays unless you use an app or go to the gay bars (of which there is one in my town and very clickey and just Grindr guys anyway).

HUELEN10

Welp

I hate dating. I hate gays. And I hate being gay. Like not self loathing but just like the community and ugh idk it all sucks.
Sometimes, even a community can be off-putting or claustrophobic. Perhaps consider just living on your own and doing things on your terms, all on your own for a while; it really helps some people! It sucks that it didn't work out, but the future is still there.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

u__u

Welp

Also I keep telling myself "you'll never meet anyone good on Grindr stop trying" yet I keep going back on my word because it seems someone is different. But nope. And beside that, it's like impossible to meet gays unless you use an app or go to the gay bars (of which there is one in my town and very clickey and just Grindr guys anyway).

sry bb ;__; <3

You are going to be brilliant, and knock their socks off <3. I know it. I'm rooting for you :3
Thanks BB. You're the best. <333 :D

Really hoping it all goes according to plan. I just gotta remember to breathe! XD

Welp

That sucks. I'm sorry Bladenic. :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Definitely not. Being a broke college student isn't the life. Plus I need to need to finish off the semester. She's going with her best friend. Her friend's sister lives in switzerland so they're going to stay with her for awhile, stack up some money, and make their way through Europe. Im actually really happy for her if not a little salty that Im stuck in school

I see. Hm. Well, look on the bright side - maybe this trip, and being away from you for so long, will reignite her loins! And maybe you two can go on a trip of your own someday <3

Bladenic

Thanks guys. It's not a HUGE deal I've been single since August and I'm fine with it. I'll be good come morning it's just that this happened only 2 hours ago. No biggie. Single 4 lyfe.

If anything I need to just change my overall naivety and somewhat fast paced trusting and liking of people. A few weeks is never enough time to know someone or to truly tell if there's something there, no matter how compatible you seem based on interests and physical stuff (not full on sex though, in this case).

Thanks guys. It's not a HUGE deal I've been single since August and I'm fine with it. I'll be good come morning it's just that this happened only 2 hours ago. No biggie. Single 4 lyfe.

If anything I need to just change my overall naivety and somewhat fast paced trusting and liking of people. A few weeks is never enough time to know someone or to truly tell if there's something there, no matter how compatible you seem based on interests and physical stuff (not full on sex though, in this case).

I've been single for like.. Over two years X_X

So I totally feel you. haha!

HUELEN10

Single since late 2011 for me, but I'm not counting (not even on the market honestly, I don't have time for anyone in this point of my life, maybe in my 30s).

It's never too late!

I see. Hm. Well, look on the bright side - maybe this trip, and being away from you for so long, will reignite her loins! And maybe you two can go on a trip of your own someday <3

Yeah man hopefully. She really needs this trip. Work is almost literally killing her. It sucks because she puts so much into that job and doesn't get any recognition or nearly enough pay. But I guess that's kinda how it is in the work force

Thanks Ratsky. Internet hugs all around <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
no matter how compatible you seem based physical stuff (not full on sex though, in this case).

not full on sex but still partial? (y)

Yeah man hopefully. She really needs this trip. Work is almost literally killing her. It sucks because she puts so much into that job and doesn't get any recognition or nearly enough pay. But I guess that's kinda how it is in the work force

Thanks Ratsky. Internet hugs all around <3

What does she do? Does she like it? Maybe she could pursue another career path? One less stressful?

xoxo

What does she do? Does she like it? Maybe she could pursue another career path? One less stressful?

xoxo

Shes a manager at her local Which Wich (a sandwich chain). She fucking hates it because of what it does to her but she likes her employees. She's genuinely a really good person. She goes out on a limb for everybody in that place and not everybody returns the favor you know? She went to community college for culinary arts so she's going to be in the food industry. I don't think there is anything that isn't stressful in that field. Who knows eventually we'll open our own place or something?

I just hope I get blessed with a job when I get out of school next spring (hopefully haha)

Well I haven't been in a relationship yet, even when I thought I was straight.

I must admit Ive never felt compelled to start a relationship, not that I believe would be good at it.

kD7BaUr.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
I wanted to say something like this earlier but I thought I'd be alone. Thank you.

I do still play the odd video game, but usually these days video games just feel like staring at a screen and pressing buttons to cause things to happen. They don't really catch my attention anymore like they used to, where that layer of artifice would disappear and you'd be entirely immersed in it.

Yeah, I jump into the odd game of Left 4 Dead 2 once in awhile when my friends invite me, but I haven't bought anything major since Destiny came out and was super disappointing last year. The PS4 barely gets any use whatsoever, and I only play the Wii U for Smash, which my roommates and I only play when we drink, basically.

I just honestly think most games are trash, and I can't even pretend to immerse myself in them most of the time because the 'experience' is just so fucking boring.

esms

US culture is so weird. I can basically drop all the unsubtle hints that I am gay, and straight men will just think I am being a bro and joking around.

Hahahaha, I'm sorry but this is me. I literally need to be told a person is gay or I won't know it.

Elitist1945

US culture is so weird. I can basically drop all the unsubtle hints that I am gay, and straight men will just think I am being a bro and joking around.

Yup. Literally told a guy several times I had feelings for him and he ALWAYS thought I was joking around. He finally realized I was serious after a while - was kind of frustrating.

Dany

Banned
I'm so out of the loop when it comes to video games and movies.

I totally forgot that this game existed

Also my gaydar is flawless. Like. Everyone who posts in here is at least l, g, b, and or t.

esms

Heh. I mean I actually kind of like it to be honest.

I feel like that as well. Kinda like that we view gay people as more of the norm.

I used to make gay jokes about myself in middle school and people would go "ewwww." Now I make them in college and we all have a good laugh.

It's been real amazing to see attitudes change that fast over my childhood.

Although, that may not be the reason you like it, so I won't presume.

Y'all or they need your or their gaydar calibrated or install google glasses (y)

I need that, for real. Every time I meet a gay dude or lesbian chick and somebody tells me later I'm like, "What? Really?" I dunno. I feel like I'm programmed to look for stereotypes and none of the gay people I meet exhibit any of those stereotypes.

So maybe they're not stereotypes at all?

I just honestly think most games are trash, and I can't even pretend to immerse myself in them most of the time because the 'experience' is just so fucking boring.

I was like this in mid 2012. It was so frustrating, everything I played felt like eating empty calories, playing videogames felt more like a habit than something I enjoy.
I wasn't sure if I'd just "grown out" of videogames in general....

...and then a stumbled upon this little adventure/ Visual Novel hybrid "Pheonix Wright:Ace Attorney".
It may sound cheesy, but it made me realize that the problem wasn't me, the problem were the shitty AAA games I forced myself to enjoy and ever since, I'm specifically looking for unconventional games.

I was like this in mid 2012. It was so frustrating, everything I played felt like eating empty calories, playing videogames felt more like a habit than something I enjoy.
I wasn't sure if I'd just "grown out" of videogames in general....

...and then a stumbled upon this little adventure/ Visual Novel hybrid "Pheonix Wright:Ace Attorney".
It may sound cheesy, but it made me realize that the problem wasn't me, the problem were the shitty AAA games I forced myself to enjoy and ever since, I'm specifically looking for unconventional games.

I definitely dont have the same passion for vidya games as i did in my teens and 20s. I was never a big online multiplayer either. Id rather play a game with high production values than slog through every new release hoping theres more enjoyment than frustration. My time is precious!

It looks like The Order is what I feared it was. How disappointing.

Yeah, it looks just about what I expected.

--

About video games as a whole... I still enjoy them, but I don't have the passion for them I once used to when I was in high school and my early 20s. I don't even have all that much time to play them now, and when I *do* have time, I'm usually really tired once the day is over that I'd rather watch TV/Netflix or browse the internet. I'm still currently trying to get through Dragon Age Inquisition, but it's taking me forever.

bigkrev

In the last year I have lowered my video game playing significantly. If it isn't Hearthstone, Threes, or a portable game, I just can't care enough to get a game started most of the time. I turn on the PS4 planning to play something, and just say fuck it and turn the thing off. And if a game is longer than 2 dozen hours or so... I'm not even going to consider it, really. I'm at the point in life where I have more money than time, so i'm totally cool with $60 games only lasting 5-8 hours.

I'm probably going to get The Order, because "Short, excessively mediocre gameplay with insane visuals" sounds a lot like Ryse: Son of Rome, a game I really enjoyed. I love Summer Blockbusters for what they are (and outside of the truly awful ones like Transformers, I try to see all of them in theaters each year), and thats exactly what the game seems like.

I didn't know there were other video games besides Dota 2.

...I've stumbled into something terrible. It's a trial of masochism and I just can't stop.

RM8

I go through low-gaming phases, but for the most part I'm a permanent fanboy :p I think it helps that I'm not that much into other forms of entertainment, I'm not a big TV or movie enthusiast.

I definitely dont have the same passion for vidya games as i did in my teens and 20s. I was never a big online multiplayer either. Id rather play a game with high production values than slog through every new release hoping theres more enjoyment than frustration. My time is precious!

Exactly.

Ain't nobody got time for Ubisoft textbook open world games ! I prefer 10-20 hours playtime per game too.

Kevyt

Single since late 2011 for me, but I'm not counting (not even on the market honestly, I don't have time for anyone in this point of my life, maybe in my 30s).

It's never too late!

That is kind of late tbh.

:p

Well I haven't been in a relationship yet, even when I thought I was straight.

I must admit Ive never felt compelled to start a relationship, not that I believe would be good at it.

kD7BaUr.gif

I love the gif.

Also my gaydar is flawless. Like. Everyone who posts in here is at least l, g, b, and or t.

Not me.

Kevyt

Somehow I didn't expect Urban Dictionary to tell me this word totally exists.

Me either. So appearantly it's the opposite of metrosexual:

Urban Dictionary said:
Adjective. The opposite of metrosexual; one who cares little for one's own appearance.

Well that would be accurate. I really don't care about my appearance. \o/

Golnei

I don't think I'm less interested in the medium as such, but my focus has definitely narrowed in a similar way over time. I'd much rather only spend time on things which seem genuinely interesting or worthwhile, rather than uncritically throwing myself at everything available in a given year.

I didn't know there were other video games besides Dota 2.

...I've stumbled into something terrible. It's a trial of masochism and I just can't stop.

You're too far gone to repent, but I will cry for you.

:p

Other hobos. I'm a hobosexual.

Would that be closer to pansexuality, except with a particular socioeconomic requirement?

Frodo

Welp

You see, I read that a lot. I believe everyone does.

And while I believe you are right that Grindr is not the right place to meet someone if you are looking for the one whom will stay, Grindr is not the only way to meet new people. It is, possibly, the easiest and most straight forward, but IT IS NOT THE ONLY WAY, stop telling yourself that. But apart from being easy to meet new people, I reckon it does more harm than good, for a series of reasons. But most of all, because we forget how to interact with real people, like they are, you know..., real people.

I see lots of friends going down that spiral, "I hate gays, I hate the community, I hate this and that", but the thing is: that is not all there is to gay life. Maybe you need new friends, maybe you need to change the scene, or maybe you just need to step back and look carefully to see how things work, and why people act the way they do, and how that is not always "because they are bad/evil/shallow". There is a lot of those things in the LGBT community, but it is expected since most of us grow up learning to hate ourselves and trying hard to get people to like us while we lie to ourselves and everyone about who we really are.

I managed to find a nice group of friends, most of them gay, and a few straight guys and girls and I often meet a lot of new people through them. We are mostly not on the scene (not that there is anything wrong with that), and while there are the exceptions, most of the group is down on earth and you would probably have a hard time differentiating this group from the group of friends I had (still have) when I was in the closet.

And, one last thing, I never really post here, but since it helped me a lot when I was coming out, and trying to figure out who I really am, I urge everyone to read this (I'm sure I'm not the first one doing this):

dv7YGVE.jpg

It is not perfect but it goes into detail of how things works for most gay guys. It is written specifically for gay men (sorry, lesbian/bi/ transgender GAF), but I believe some of the struggles related would resonate to everyone. I have recommend this book or every single gay friend I have since I've read it, and so far, it's got a 100% approval. It opened my eyes to a lot of things I used to do (and still do), and learning WHY I do those things were a great first step to start changing a few behaviours for the better.

If you do read it, please let me know what you think!

Burbeting

Banned
Hi again, thread :D. It's only been... eight months, almost nine 0:).

Yeah, I've been pretty inactive in gaf for the past months (had trouble with emails and stuff), but I'm here again. Positive no one remembers me, since I only posted like 5-6 posts in previous threads, but I guess that's okay. I'm gay and from Finland, and much more active in the skype chat than in this thread or in GAF general (I've had this account for 1.5 years, and still junior status!)

So yeah, just wanted to drop and say hi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom