• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

That latest sexuality thread, loool

Still people saying they find seeing gay sex "repulsive". Such an extreme reaction.

We (gay people) would absolutely get called out for saying heterosexual sex is repulsive.
I don't think we'd get called out for it.

mantidor

Sex is probably the most irrational, raw act there is, you are either aroused or repulsed by it, I don't think it can have a middle ground.

The problem of some homophobes is that they can only think of sex, there is much more in a homosexual relationship, even if it's build around sexual attraction. It's the same for straight couples really, you know they have sex and they like each other sexually, but you don't have to imagine them doing it 24/7, and most people don't, it shouldn't be any different with gay couples.

Holy crap

Imagine homophobia powered cars

You could probably fuel the entire world with that

Homogen (Homophobia Hydrogen or an alternative name for Imogen from Degrassi) the clean energy source of the future. With our diverse STEM teams here at GE we've finally had a breakthrough on how to clean up Homophobia. It use to be used and had a nasty side effect like nuclear waste in the form of discrimination and violence. Yet now we've found a way to just harness that hatred into hybrid hydrogen cells. Also because of this new abundant source of fuel is available, we've partnered with Tesla Motor's and releasing a $33 model of their Tesla S model

garyBig

I honestly think everyone should question their sexuality. You don't need to have a crisis about it but you should at least take some time to evaluate what you believe about yourself and whether or not it's factual. But I think that should go for any assumptions about your life as well. You should question everything, it's the only way to be sure. Or, as in one of my all time fav poems:

He fought his doubts and gather'd strength,
He would not make his judgment blind,
He faced the spectres of the mind
And laid them: thus he came at length

To find a stronger faith his own

...so yeah, people who say stuff like 'oh I've never even considered if I might like dudes/chicks and don't want to think about it' annoy me.

The only two rules of humanity/being human:

1) Do no harm!
(and let everyone else go about as they please as long as it doesn't harm another)

2) Question everything!
(as in Never blindly follow, always make up your own mind and never forget that everything you take for granted [sexuality even] might as well turn out to be wrong, so only ever be sure of the things you don't know - Socrates called it thousands of years ago!)

If everyone would abide by these so very simple two(!) guidelines, the world would be cured.

Alas malice, violence, wars, right wing shit and intolerance is the path the less enlightened (and empirically the less educated) prefer to follow because it appears and comes "easier" to them, by this very choice betraying that they are too weak to choose the "harder" path.

If it just weren't for the human preference of short-term over long-term gain of which we are all guilty because it's part of human instinctual nature. Personal enlightenment in my book means nothing but to recognise and acknowledge the factually greater merits of long-term gain and the deliberate choosing of the superficially less appealing path, thus transcending human instinctual nature which is what we humans should have a responsibility to strive for anyway. (not to be confused here with the Renaissance definition of Enlightenment which is basically the same as rule #2).

Doing the right thing then means to act on these principles.

Whenever I see some old woman on the train looking condescendingly down at some black guy or when I hear some dimwit dispense their racial/homophobic/etc. slurs, I literally laugh inside, because here's someone who's publicly failing at the one easy thing they shouldn't.
It's like having someone read a note on a wall saying "Whatever you do, don't run headfirst against this wall!" and then run headfirst against that wall. The reaction one should have here is to laugh. It's funny. This is how I see [stupid]* people.

--
*[stupid] in this case encompassing intolerant people, blind followers, highly unfriendly and oppressive people, willingly non-empathetic people, etc pp.

Really nice poem by the way, thanks for the link. I think There lives more faith in honest doubt, / Believe me, than in half the creeds. is a really powerful line

Sorry for this little... rant? The poem just inspired me to get this off my chest.

Kevyt

Sex is probably the most irrational, raw act there is, you are either aroused or repulsed by it, I don't think it can have a middle ground.

The problem of some homophobes is that they can only think of sex, there is much more in a homosexual relationship, even if it's build around sexual attraction. It's the same for straight couples really, you know they have sex and they like each other sexually, but you don't have to imagine them doing it 24/7, and most people don't, it shouldn't be any different with gay couples.

I agree with the irrational and raw act part of your statement. I would even add it's one of the most instinctual acts. There is no rationality when it comes to sex, it's just our biology at work. Though I'm not sure of the either or preposition. I figure there could be a position of distant indifference when it comes to sex. You're neither aroused nor repulsed by it. I would think that some asexual persons are a testament of this. They're indifferent towards sex.

red13th

Maybe Im just weird :/ I'm talking about being involved in it just to clarify, I certainly can be totally indifferent to a lesbian couple having sex, but having to participate in the act with them would be awful.

Oh right, taking part in the sexual act, then maybe. But when people in those threads say they are "disgusted" by gay sex or penises or whatever I think they imply just witnessing the acts.

Kater

Banned
Oh right, taking part in the sexual act, then maybe. But when people in those threads say they are "disgusted" by gay sex or penises or whatever I think they imply just witnessing the acts.
Yeah, they act like teenagers in the dressing cabin who run out when they see their friends d.

Kevyt

I wonder if there's going to be a How to Train your Dragon 3. HTTYD kind of just felt like a good happy ending with not much of sequel possibilities.

Kater

Banned
They already confirmed HTTYD 3.

People can't get enough Toothless. :3

tumblr_mefjlutkF21qgzdhjo1_250.gif

was it really that big?
Mine? Nah.

Someone else in my class had a real hammer though. Like an elephant trunk. He swung it around in circles once and everyone ran out of the dressing cabin.

Maybe Im just weird :/ I'm talking about being involved in it just to clarify, I certainly can be totally indifferent to a lesbian couple having sex, but having to participate in the act with them would be awful.

A lot of people mean just by looking at it though, it doesn't offend me but I find them dramatic.

"Penises are disgusting!" - Straight man, owner of a penis

Exactly, this always makes me roll my eyes.

I found a Beanie Baby in my grandma's garage. I rescued it since it was surely going to stay out there and eventually get ruined by rain or mice. It's time to party like it's 1998.

Best christmas ever my boyfriend got me a 65 inch curved 4k tv. he spent way to much money on me. Anyways im enjoying my tv i love watching movies on it.

garyBig

Best christmas ever my boyfriend got me a 65 inch curved 4k tv. he spent way to much money on me. Anyways im enjoying my tv i love watching movies on it.

Wow, that's insane. You're a lucky guy (in a number of ways right now I reckon)

Edit: Dafuq I'm a Member now? Awesome! Didn't even notice until just now.

Golnei

...so yeah, people who say stuff like 'oh I've never even considered if I might like dudes/chicks and don't want to think about it' annoy me.

That's probably not intended to be a statement of fact, but a reaffirmation of just how straight they are. Giving even the slightest hint as to introspection regarding their sexuality would be admitting their failure in adhering to the default - probably not helped by a culture that tries its hardest to ignore bisexuality and prevent the normalisation of doubt and questioning in regards to orientation.

I found a Beanie Baby in my grandma's garage. I rescued it since it was surely going to stay out there and eventually get ruined by rain or mice. It's time to party like it's 1998.

;_;

how touching

"Penises are disgusting!" - Straight man, owner of a penis

wtf

But if you don't treat your body like a disgusting but necessary tool whose only purpose is to plunder the delicate flower of femininity until it cries and calls you onii-chan, doesn't that make you...gay? Best not to risk it.

Kevyt

Wow

Probably the shortest I've had my hair in a while, combined with the glasses I look like a rectangle with giant ears.

That's probably not intended to be a statement of fact, but a reaffirmation of just how straight they are. Giving even the slightest hint as to introspection regarding their sexuality would be admitting their failure in adhering to the default - probably not helped by a culture that tries its hardest to ignore bisexuality and prevent the normalisation of doubt and questioning in regards to orientation.

;_;

how touching

But if you don't treat your body like a disgusting but necessary tool whose only purpose is to plunder the delicate flower of femininity until it cries and calls you onii-chan, doesn't that make you...gay? Best not to risk it.

Short hair looks really good on you :)

You're very cute too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom