• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
everybody just chill post who gives a fuck about grammar

if i wanted to learn i'd go to gaming side
to learn how not to be

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i love proofreading four grammar mistake's on gaf.

its my no. 2. hobby.

1QzBEET.gif

to learn how not to be

1QzBEET.gif

terrisus

You Know Terrisus, for as long as I've known you. Why didn't you get a teaching job. Were there not any where you lived? Just curious because you seem like you'd make a great teacher and you're darn well qualified for it.

Oh, it's a combination of things, I'm sure.

The primary one is that I wasn't signed off on my student teaching from my supervisor (I "passed" it, but wasn't "signed off" on it), due to some various factors (which would be a long story). So, while I did get my Master's, and I can teach with a provisional license (or whatever exactly it's called), that license is only good for 5 years - plus anyone interviewing me (or even looking at an application) was bound to wonder why I didn't get signed off on my student teaching experience.

From there, there are other more minor things. For instance, I'm a male who wanted to teach at the Elementary level. Despite all the people saying "Oh, isn't that great? We need more males teaching at the Elementary level!," there still is definitely a stigma there.

Which led to me getting my Mathematics teach licenses (for all grade levels) as well, which led to the other issue - everyone wanted someone with experience. Pretty much every position said "1-2 years experience preferred." Which, yeah, it's just "preferred," and not "required," but I'm sure it didn't help.

I'm sure there were other issues/reasons/etc., but I think those were the major ones.

Anyway, I had finished my Master's in 2009. In 2009 I basically just applied for Elementary jobs in western Massachusetts. For 2010 I got my Mathematics licenses and applied not only for Elementary positions but also any Mathematics position anywhere in Massachusetts (which is where my licenses are/were, of course). Then in 2011 I was doing the same...

Up until I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011. And so in the middle of 2011 I kind of gave up applying for teaching jobs, and just concentrated on my PhD, figuring that doing something at the college level after finishing that was more likely...

Until I had my stroke in 2013. And so at the end of 2013 I dropped my PhD program, and...

Well, here we are now >.>
Teaching probably isn't going to happen in any aspect now.

I'm trying to redirect my life down a Computer Programming path instead.
Which realistically is what I should've done all along.

I have a whole bunch of regrets about my life, and things I wish I had done differently =(

terrisus

I stripped mine of it's christmas clothes as well.

Huzzah!

i love proofreading four grammar mistake's on gaf.

its my no. 2. hobby.

to learn how not to be

Peoples with nothing better to do.

Grammar is fun, though <3

Like Terrisus?

Yeah, like Terrisus =)

Grakl

It's alright, I know I love you
- especially now that you switched back to that cute avatar <3
Lmao, I remember that you like Toothless. I was thinking of changing it after I'm done with this Christmas avatar, though.

Then again, I love stanning for HTTYD.

The primary one is that I wasn't signed off on my student teaching from my supervisor (I "passed" it, but wasn't "signed off" on it), due to some various factors (which would be a long story). So, while I did get my Master's, and I can teach with a provisional license (or whatever exactly it's called), that license is only good for 5 years - plus anyone interviewing me (or even looking at an application) was bound to wonder why I didn't get signed off on my student teaching experience.

From there, there are other more minor things. For instance, I'm a male who wanted to teach at the Elementary level. Despite all the people saying "Oh, isn't that great? We need more males teaching at the Elementary level!," there still is definitely a stigma there.

Which led to me getting my Mathematics teach licenses (for all grade levels) as well, which led to the other issue - everyone wanted someone with experience. Pretty much every position said "1-2 years experience preferred." Which, yeah, it's just "preferred," and not "required," but I'm sure it didn't help.

I'm sure there were other issues/reasons/etc., but I think those were the major ones.

Anyway, I had finished my Master's in 2009. In 2009 I basically just applied for Elementary jobs in western Massachusetts. For 2010 I got my Mathematics licenses and applied not only for Elementary positions but also any Mathematics position anywhere in Massachusetts (which is where my licenses are/were, of course). Then in 2011 I was doing the same...

Up until I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011. And so in the middle of 2011 I kind of gave up applying for teaching jobs, and just concentrated on my PhD, figuring that doing something at the college level after finishing that was more likely...

Until I had my stroke in 2013. And so at the end of 2013 I dropped my PhD program, and...

I have a whole bunch of regrets about my life, and things I wish I had done differently =(
Aww. There there Teri. You'll be great at programming. :)

Don't have regrets and don't look back. Just keep moving forward and life will get better for you. That's what I say. :)

terrisus

Lmao, I remember that you like Toothless. I was thinking of changing it after I'm done with this Christmas avatar, though.

Then again, I love stanning for HTTYD.

I've never actually seen the movie (I'm not a movie person), but (as I think I told you) he reminds me of one of my cats.

shadow.jpg

Aww. There there Teri. You'll be great at programming. :)

Don't have regrets and don't look back. Just keep moving forward and life will get better for you. That's what I say. :)

Thanks =)

I'm horrible about dwelling on regrets and mistakes and not moving on or moving forward, and letting them basically continue to ruin my life. And this is true of me in many respects >.>
=(

RM8

I can relate so much. We only have one life to live, and so many important decisions to make :/ People are lucky to not mess up with some of them. Career wise I always wanted to become a graphic designer, then I ended up getting a degree in market research, but I've only had one job and it's in government finances... And now I want to move to languages, lol.

Kevyt

The English language is stupid. I have no clue as to how it works. I just... Spout words, and hope for the best. The only real reason and motivation for me to break it down and understand it would be to pursue a career with it.

Also, my avatar is now so colourless, so... Cold. :c

Always so blunt and so true :3

Same for me, lol.

CS is great! You'll love it and you'll do great :)

Oh and also, one of the mods is a linguist I believe. Is it Mumei?

terrisus

I can relate so much. We only have one life to live, and so many important decisions to make :/ People are lucky to not mess up with some of them. Career wise I always wanted to become a graphic designer, then I ended up getting a degree in market research, but I've only had one job and it's in government finances... And now I want to move to languages, lol.

Yeah, I've been trying so hard to do everything "right" and "safe" so that things would "work out..."
It ended up being that everything was wrong and messed up, and that nothing worked out.

Literally, it would be difficult for me to have made more of a mess of my life than I did.
I seriously would've been better just tossing every decision into a random number generator or something.

And so here I am at 32, never having earned more than $20,000 in a year, out on disability, and with like a 50% chance to have another stroke in the next 14 years, among other issues.

Seriously, **** my life >.>

Welp, I finally changed a contact name from plural to singular, after our family lost them earlier this year. Only took half a year to bring myself to do it.

Kinda tempted to get it for the customization alone now. Does it still have monthly subscription fees?
Yeah, sadly. I expect it will retain them for a while, too, as they will be trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can before any F2P switch. Given the rumors on how much that game cost to make, I can't say I blame them. Definitely wait for a sale or the console ports though.

Inigo is great, good voice acting and a real backstory. Feels more like a real character than the vanilla companions and even beats most other Companion mods.

Thanks! I've installed Catlike Khajiit and Coverkhajiits to make him look good like that. Vanilla textures are awful.
Yeah, I was really impressed with what I saw of him in various mod review videos. I've been waiting on the big update the author was promising; if and when that lands, I'll grab it and throw it in my load order.

They really did sneak up on me. I still want some again though, it's really a delicious and potent drink. Just need to drink them more moderately.
Drinking in moderation? I am unfamiliar with this concept.
:p

I thought people thought of dick every day though.
giphy.gif

Next few avatar changes will be NSFW then if I wanted to take it a few steps further. :p
...go on...

But I'm bad at making avi's. And I can't ask the folks in the Avi Request thread since you aren't allowed to post or link to NSFW stuff,
I got Photoshop yo. If you need something made into an avi sometime, just hit me up via PM.

The what-ifs are the hardest. The possibilities pictured when thinking about how things would have only gone if you'd chosen B instead of A. At least, those are the things that haunt me.

Kevyt

Yeah, I've been trying so hard to do everything "right" and "safe" so that things would "work out..."
It ended up being that everything was wrong and messed up, and that nothing worked out.

Literally, it would be difficult for me to have made more of a mess of my life than I did.
I seriously would've been better just tossing every decision into a random number generator or something.

And so here I am at 32, never having earned more than $20,000 in a year, out on disability, and with like a 50% chance to have another stroke in the next 14 years, among other issues.

Seriously, **** my life >.>

There's still time. You're still young. Let 2015 be the comeback of your life. :)

Be a rising Phoenix.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, sadly. I expect it will retain them for a while, too, as they will be trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can before any F2P switch. Given the rumors on how much that game cost to make, I can't say I blame them. Definitely wait for a sale or the console ports though.
I'd rather play it on the PC. (Plus I don't own a Bone or the PS4.)
I'm planning on getting a new one sooner rather than later since mine can't even handle Skyrim on medium setting anymore, overheats after half an hour in the game and shuts down.
Yeah, I was really impressed with what I saw of him in various mod review videos. I've been waiting on the big update the author was promising; if and when that lands, I'll grab it and throw it in my load order.
You'll never go back to most of the vanilla companions after you had him in your party. Such a well-made character. Plus he is blue. A blue Khajiit. :3

Do you have Khajiit Speak yet? That's also something every Khajiit playthrough needs. That way you feel less like a furry Breton and more like a real Khajiit since it changes every little bit of vanilla player dialogue.
Drinking in moderation? I am unfamiliar with this concept.
:p
Well, it would be wise to not chug five car bombs in an hour like I did. I rushed it, next time I should take it a bit slower.
...go on...

I got Photoshop yo. If you need something made into an avi sometime, just hit me up via PM.
If you don't mind, would be very much appreciated. ;3

VegiHam

I hope =(
You can do it! Didn't Chrono Trigger teach you anything? The only way to change things is to believe and do your best, despair fixes nothing! :D

So what's everyone's new year's eve plans? I'm going to my local with my mates for a few pints. Followed by a few more pints. Probably then cocktails, champagne, mistakes and hangovers :D

Kevyt

You can do it! Didn't Chrono Trigger teach you anything? The only way to change things is to believe and do your best, despair fixes nothing! :D

So what's everyone's new year's eve plans? I'm going to my local with my mates for a few pints. Followed by a few more pints. Probably then cocktails, champagne, mistakes and hangovers :D

Eating, lots of it. In words of daripad,I'm gonna be stuffed. lol

VegiHam

Eating, lots of it. In words of daripad,I'm gonna be stuffed. lol
Wotcah gunna eat? Are you from a culture with traditional new year foods?
And to be able to travel back in time >.>
All the people in the bad future find hope though. It's kinda a reoccurring thing that the heroes run around having fun while people in every time zone have to take history slowly and yet they still achieve good things. All you need is inspiration from a time traveller. So just imagine future you happy and aspire for his sake. Or something.

Kevyt

Wotcah gunna eat? Are you from a culture with traditional new year foods?

All the people in the bad future find hope though. It's kinda a reoccurring thing that the heroes run around having fun while people in every time zone have to take history slowly and yet they still achieve good things. All you need is inspiration from a time traveller. So just imagine future you happy and aspire for his sake. Or something.

Yeah there are traditional foods. My grandma wants to cook Mexican Tamales. I don't know what else there's going to be since my mom's friends also join and they bring their own food. What about you? What are the traditional British foods around this time?

VegiHam

Yeah there are traditional foods. My grandma wants to cook Mexican Tamales. I don't know what else there's going to be since my mom's friends also join and they bring their own food. What about you? What are the traditional British foods around this time?

What's a tamale? And so you're spending the evening with your family and friends of your mother? Is that traditional too? I'm sorry I don't know anything :p There kinda aren't any traditions here, really. I know Scotland has some traditions, not too clear on them though. In England we basically just have to stay up to midnight with friends and family. It's not like Xmas though where you're expected to be with family, it's OK to do something else. Tradition suggests though that you should eat, like, dinnner party food I guess? Things like pringles and other stuff. If there's a proper meal, something like Lasagne or Curry, easy to make in large batches. I won't be eating though cus I'll be at the pub with my friends.

...That said I'm sure someone else from my part of the world's gunna say there's a whole bunch of traditions and I just never knew.

Kevyt

What's a tamale? And so you're spending the evening with your family and friends of your mother? Is that traditional too? I'm sorry I don't know anything :p There kinda aren't any traditions here, really. I know Scotland has some traditions, not too clear on them though. In England we basically just have to stay up to midnight with friends and family. It's not like Xmas though where you're expected to be with family, it's OK to do something else. Tradition suggests though that you should eat, like, dinnner party food I guess? Things like pringles and other stuff. If there's a proper meal, something like Lasagne or Curry, easy to make in large batches. I won't be eating though cus I'll be at the pub with my friends.

...That said I'm sure someone else from my part of the world's gunna say there's a whole bunch of traditions and I just never knew.

Well, you could spend New Year's Eve with your friends, family or both. Its not traditional, my mom just likes to invite a lot of her friends over. My dad spends Christmas and NYE alone, because that's how he is. My mom is the opposite. I rather spend NYE with her. Actually my dad is gonna be at church since he has to. I don't want to spend NYE in church, lol. A tamale is just like, something made out of corn, and it has different things in it, like chicken, pork and even vegetables. I'm not good at explaining things, but I love them :p

VegiHam

Noice indeed.
Well, you could spend New Year's Eve with your friends, family or both. Its not traditional, my mom just likes to invite a lot of her friends over. My dad spends Christmas and NYE alone, because that's how he is. My mom is the opposite. A tamale is just like, something made out of corn, and it has different things in it, like chicken, pork and even vegetables. I'm not good at explaining things, but I love them :p
Ah OK. Sounds like it's probably delicious. I hope your mum's fiends bring lots of food you like! :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Is that noice from Key and Peele?

If so, noice! :p

nope. i've only seen clips of K&P.

Well good for him if he does. He needs to get over his separation with my mom. It's been too long already and I rather he finds someone and move on.

:( poor dad

you should try to hook him up with someone! or spent the holidays with him so hes not as sad

I'm sure his dick is lovely, regardless of whatever equipment is in play in that jif.

"lovely"

that's certainly one way to put it

I'm willing to do on site research to back up this assumption.

bring it! >:O

And to be able to travel back in time >.>

You... You and your ability to just say stuff that's true. :c

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=962272
:(
*Sigh*
So sad. So young. Something needs to change.

Yeah, saw that earlier today. She was the same age as me. God. This planet, though. Awful, isn't it? You can't be anything out of 'the norm'. Not without your life being miserable for it.

Probably the worst part of this is because even otherwise kind people have no fucking clue about what being Transgender means and is, and all the knowledge they have about them is based off of baselessly negative depictions in the media. Someone actually asked me 'what gender IS a Trandgender person?' No sarcasm, no dishonesty. He genuinely had no clue. And he's one of the nicer people I have met. I'm glad that he wound up agreeing with me in the end, but I had to explain it all to him for quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom