• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

I don't think he's sexy anyway. I guess it's because his hair is like an early 00s pop group singer from Europe, his hair and skin tones make one another look like an odd pairing, and it looks like his waxing game too strong trying to get in that ladies jumpsuit. He is just not my type, for sure.

My thoughts exactly.

Getting hit by a sword never stopped Ivy.

Yeah, this always annoyed me as well. The Soul Edge should (both practically and lore-wise) cut pretty much anything in half. Yes, including nunchuks.

Ivy's costume... Looks downright painful, though. And cold. So cold. It was toned down a bit in V, but only just.

What if he actually gets hit by a sword, or something? :c

To be fair, Final Fantasy is full of people summoning gigantic monsters to wail on your party, some of which are dogs and the like. I don't think they're exactly going for realism, haha.

Also, I'm surprised you're not taking part in RPJ, Masquerader!

Getting hit by a sword never stopped Ivy.
The whole "it needs to be PRACTICAL" excuse is so lame. It's a freaking video game. Unless your game is actively trying to establish realistic limitations (or an consistent in-game set of rules) for all things, don't tell me that having Hero McBeefcake in his battle speedo won't protect him from the magical dragon fire of the local Tiamat.

Yeah, this always annoyed me as well. The Soul Edge should (both practically and lore-wise) cut pretty much anything in half. Yes, including nunchuks.

Ivy's costume... Looks downright painful, though. And cold. So cold. It was toned down a bit in V, but only just.

If I was attractive and lived in an ambiguously-old-timey setting I'd wear something uncomfortably fierce like that too, lbr. I just love that her boobs get bigger and the fabric gets tinier as the years go by. By the time she's 80 she'll have two planets on her chest wrapped in a piece of thread.

terrisus

The whole "it needs to be PRACTICAL" excuse is so lame. It's a freaking video game. Unless your game is actively trying to establish realistic limitations (or an consistent in-game set of rules) for all things, don't tell me that having Hero McBeefcake in his battle speedo won't protect him from the magical dragon fire of the local Tiamat.

image.php

Son Of D

What's going on in here? I'm confused...

To be honest that's me pretty much every time I come in here.

To be fair, Final Fantasy is full of people summoning gigantic monsters to wail on your party, some of which are dogs and the like. I don't think they're exactly going for realism, haha.

Then when you add in the fact that Exdeath can suck people into a void in Dissidia as part of his moveset or Yuna actually kills the opponent by sending them to the Farplane... All realism goes out of the window.

Also, I'm surprised you're not taking part in RPJ, Masquerader!

Eh, fair enough. It's kinda tongue-in-cheek, in a way.

Annnddddddd maybe next year. Sorry. Too nervous. :p

In the Final Fantasy universe getting hit by a sword is probably the least of your problems (
unless you're Aerith; then it is deadly
). What about getting hit by the Super Nova? D:

... Well... That'd make the armour even more pointless. So... It's all about the style, then. Makes sense. Just... Why THAT style?
Everyone should just go naked

... Aerith's peculiar weakness to sharp objects still bugs me.

If I was attractive and lived in an ambiguously-old-timey setting I'd wear something uncomfortably fierce like that too, lbr. I just love that her boobs get bigger and the fabric gets tinier as the years go by. By the time she's 80 she'll have two planets on her chest wrapped in a piece of thread.

My avatar would be sort-of proud.

ACTUALLY, Ivy's got a fair point, dressing up like that. She still has the same health as everyone else, so it doesn't matter.

... Games are dumb. :c

terrisus

So, hey, LGBTQIAGAF (are there other As here anyway? >.>), at the urging of a couple of different people (including my wife, of course), I went for some bloodwork last week to check on my Testosterone levels, to see if that was the reason (or part of the reason, or a factor) for my low sex drive, as well as other sexual issues - not being able to maintain an erection, not having an orgasm, etc.

Went to the doctor today to go over the results.
Testosterone levels are normal.

So, as the doctor said, my sexual issues aren't something he can just fix with a pill or anything, since everything's essentially working as intended.
So, as expected, this is just kind of how I am.

How I am sucks =(

Ahasverus

So, hey, LGBTQIAGAF (are there other As here anyway? >.>), at the urging of a couple of different people (including my wife, of course), I went for some bloodwork last week to check on my Testosterone levels, to see if that was the reason (or part of the reason, or a factor) for my low sex drive, as well as other sexual issues - not being able to maintain an erection, not having an orgasm, etc.

Went to the doctor today to go over the results.
Testosterone levels are normal.

So, as the doctor said, my sexual issues aren't something he can just fix with a pill or anything, since everything's essentially working as intended.
So, as expected, this is just kind of how I am.

How I am sucks =(
Have you ever thought that you just aren't attracted to your wife?

Is that a yes or ...?

It happens. I was rejected from Best Buy, Costco, and other chain stores.

Terri! What's the secret for working at BB?

Wait until they're hiring? Sometimes they get a flood of applications. It also helps to apply during a busy season (ie pre-holidays) as a temp, work hard, and then be kept on after.

Apply as seasonal help, and while there convince them you're good enough to keep around.

Might be a bit late for seasonal help now though... >.>
Beat me to it!

DOWN

Banned
My workplace in retail is desperate for people right now, to the point they created little ad promos for us to hand every customer saying 'Now Hiring'. I guess not many of our seasonal people wanted a long term position.

Golnei

It's my birthday today, woah
Happy birthday!

My birthday is this weekend also, early january is a great time for birthdays, you extend the holidays a little bit longer while not getting screwed like december and specially christmas boys and girls, with parties no one atends to or "one for all events" gifts.

Happy birthday, both of you. And congratulations on the timing.

I love the idea of barely there battle gear though. Not quite like Quiet, but just the random belts and harnesses on mountains of muscled flesh.

It's undoubtedly something that should be more widely adopted, though as much as I'd like to read into a couple of current developments as indicating a movement towards it being more prevalent, I'm not sure if it's an actual increase in visibility or the same tiny volume of representation that's been trickling through for years. If you don't mind my asking, is that thread about the place and application of sexualisation in games looking like it might happen? That'd be an interesting discussion which I'd love to continue.

(Bonus: Google Dave Salmoni corset. No nudity, but def NSFW.)

tumblr_mz7ybdPPuK1sv6zdro6_r1_250.gif

Edit:

I'm a tiiiiny bit excited for Majora's Mask.. =)

That looks great - I have no idea why Zelda and bikes are such an organic pair.

It's always funny how the armor in rpgs are :D Like you'd get sliced to BITS.

That even applies in cases where the armour's supposed to be practical.

You might die in one hit from anything if you're wearing most kinds of sexy armour, but something like this would still lead to getting stuck on pieces of the environment, being easily grabbed, having very little mobility or visibility, etc. - in most cases, it's probably best to abandon all pretense of realism.

It's undoubtedly something that should be more widely adopted, though as much as I'd like to read into a couple of current developments as indicating a movement towards it being more prevalent, I'm not sure if it's an actual increase in visibility or the same tiny volume of representation that's been trickling through for years. If you don't mind my asking, is that thread about the place and application of sexualisation in games looking like it might happen? That'd be an interesting discussion which I'd love to continue.
Still waiting to hear back from bishoptl. I asked him a few questions, but nothing yet.

Super hot, right? :3

P.S. Happy birthday to all the birthday peeps. :)

RM8

I'm getting my ass kicked by Mega Man MS-DOS.

05aQbXI.png

lV6twnL.png

It's so ugly, lol. Why did they made a different sprite for this game? Also, the game is not hard like the true Capcom Japan NES games, it's hard because the level design sucks and it doesn't run very smoothly. Why do I put myself through this.

I'm getting my ass kicked by Mega Man MS-DOS.

05aQbXI.png

lV6twnL.png

It's so ugly, lol. Why did they made a different sprite for this game? Also, the game is not hard like the true Capcom Japan NES games, it's hard because the level design sucks and it doesn't run very smoothly. Why do I put myself through this.
The Mega Man in the select screen looks fucking hilarious lmao

terrisus

You guys working at retail are heroes.

Finished my Master's in 2009. Couldn't find a teaching job.
Needed to do something. So, got hired as a seasonal worker for holidays 2009. They kept me around afterwards.

Figured I should do something else productive with my life as well. So, started on a PhD program.
So, did the both of those - with a 6-month interruption in 2011 for cancer - up until my stroke in 2013.

Now I just post on GAF >.>

But, yeah, while I was working there, I did all sorts of different stuff.
It wasn't that bad... Most of the time...

Although working Customer Service was like walking through a minefield...
You knew bad stuff was going to happen... It was just a matter of when >.>

DOWN

Banned
You guys working at retail are heroes.
I'm one of the most trained now so I get treated pretty well by my supervisors and just hang out at the registers all day. The downside is that I get anxious in social situations, so I sound amazingly smooth speaking to customers until they start asking me personal questions or want advice. I need the script in my head or else I get quiet.

There's some wild customers but most days are quiet.

terrisus

I'm one of the most trained now so I get treated pretty well by my supervisors and just hang out at the registers all day. The downside is that I get anxious in social situations, so I sound amazingly smooth speaking to customers until they start asking me personal questions or want advice. I need the script in my head or else I get quiet.

Yeah, my supervisors gave me a ton of leeway.

The highlight is when one day there was something I wanted to do (business-related, of course), so I went into the admin office and spent a couple of hours on the computer in there.
One of the supervisors wandered by a couple of times, and one of the times asked me what I was doing, and shouldn't I be out there doing something else.
I showed him what I was doing - and he said to remind him never to question me and what I was doing again, that I knew more than he did.

>.>

Meicyn

Gold Member
Looking into it after the whole "how DARE you sexualize males" fiasco, this character design for that smartphone Final Fantasy game is amazing. Ridiculous, but amazing.
Eh, I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I think it's one of the worst designs they've ever done, and definitely not amazing. It's not even the androgynous nature of the character, because that doesn't bother me at all. The design just comes across as being different for the sake of it as opposed to breaking new ground.

Like this kind of thing:

VojJJ8I.jpg

Just not feeling any of those clothing designs above. Likewise, I'm not digging that Final Fantasy design.

Yeah, my supervisors gave me a ton of leeway.

The highlight is when one day there was something I wanted to do (business-related, of course), so I went into the admin office and spent a couple of hours on the computer in there.
One of the supervisors wandered by a couple of times, and one of the times asked me what I was doing, and shouldn't I be out there doing something else.
I showed him what I was doing - and he said to remind him never to question me and what I was doing again, that I knew more than he did.

>.>
What were you doing that was so amazing?

Welcome back BB!

Ok late december then :p

And someone's has returned! :p welcome back :D

yaaassssss the king bow down

AAI_Meekins_Badger_Dance.gif

Welcome back!
Aww wow thank you bb's <3! It's good to see y'all again :)! And good to be back!

Are you back for good or are you going to vanish again?
I hope I'm back for good this time o___o I'm sorry..

I'm in love with your voice.
Aww..! Really?! Thank you very much!! :') Thanks for taking the time to listen and everything!

hahahahaha i love this gif!
Welcome back bby~ please post more often~

you were adorable in your last cover, especially that talking part at the end, I swooned hehehehe <3
Rayis!!! <3 So good to see you again!! :3 :3

:O!!! Wahhh hahahaha thank you!!! <3 Thank you for watching the new video!! :3 :3
tumblr_naivfnXYcM1qec4gro1_500.gif

Dude when someone steals your face and leaves you for dead at the bottom of a cliff the polite thing to do is stay dead, not come wondering back in ;)
hahahaha I know I'm sorry!!! ;___; hahaha!

Hi BB! Glad to see you again.

I'm wishing you a Happy New Year as well! =)
Gato!! <33 I'm glad to see you too!! Thank you! :3

Welcome back. What have you been up too?

Aww thanks!! Good to see you again!!
I've been pretty preoccupied lately with the EP stuff.. It's now for pre-sale on iTunes and gets officially released in 9 days (omg... o___o!!!!)

How have you been?! :3

terrisus

You should try applying to an analyst role, esp if you have a Masters degree.

Yeah, I know, there are plenty of useful things that I could (and should) be doing with the degrees I have already.

I'm actually going back to school for a second Master's though - this time in IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom