• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I won't be participating as reading, unfortunately, is not really something that I enjoy, but I'm intending on tripling or quadrupling the movie count (depending upon how much I get done a day in summer) out of leisure more than out of a challenge. EDIT: Actually, I forgot to ask, have you any idea as to what movies/books you intend to read during the year already as part of the challenge, or will you simply choose based upon what you discover throughout the year?

You don't like reading? I find that surprising, just because it generally seems to be the case that reading and writing go hand in hand.

I have some plans - I plan on clearing some of the backlog of books that I own and haven't read, like Journey to the West, Anna Karenina, The Three Musketeers, The Book of the Long Sun, War and Peace, the latter half-ish of Wheel of Time, etc. - but in practice it'll be a combination of whatever of my to-read list that the library has and strikes my fancy, or books I happen to hear about in the 50-50 thread, or the monthly threads.

I've just signed up! This will force me to read more books than usual, so that's always a good thing.

Yay! <3

DOWN

Banned
In most counties. My county is one of the fourteen that has stopped courthouse marriages in a shitty attempt to delay the inevitable even further.
Yeah, but they just aren't performing them right? It doesn't stop people entirely from getting them. I don't know how that Swing in the near future. Government employees are supposed to perform the duties of their position regardless of religious beliefs and the taxpayers have paid for marriages to be one of the services, but obviously that's not immediately halting those counties from their loophole to avoid same sex marriages.

Dany

Banned
Isn't this one reason why the Supreme Court is going to rule on same sex marriage again, her for states that aren't allowing them.

he's developing into a serena williams figure.

Have you seen his slightly fatter face? It's cute

yep. he might reach cub status soon. no problem with that (y)

Martin-8.gif

Aww thanks, you look really nice in that suit yourself ;)

I'm good! It's great to see that your singing career is going strong!

Aww shucks... :3 thank you!!! :)

Thanks!! i can't believe I've taken music as far as I have, tbh o___o. I can't believe my release is only in 9 days. o__o!

HylianTom

Banned
Isn't this one reason why the Supreme Court is going to rule on same sex marriage again, her for states that aren't allowing them.

Is that definite? It's the first I've heard about it.

SCOTUS is having its next conference on this Friday, deciding which cases to take for the upcoming months. We'll know pretty soon. If they do take-up a marriage case (from Louisiana or the 6th Circuit most likely), we'll get a ruling in June or July.

*fingers crossed*

SCOTUS is having its next conference on this Friday, deciding which cases to take for the upcoming months. We'll know pretty soon. If they do take-up a marriage case (from Louisiana or the 6th Circuit most likely), we'll get a ruling in June or July.

*fingers crossed*

Thanks for the info

Making me blush again. those license fees tho shucks lol

And shoutout to Tiffany & Co. For the same-sex parents in their window displays over the holidays:
best-window-displays_tiffany-co_2014_christmas_magical-holiday-in-new-york_05-960x990.jpg

Yet still coming of like yuppies in that photo.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm not a fan of jewelry on men. Classic watch and a wedding band are the max imo.

Me neither.

I have the triforce rings on order..

And this Indiglo Ironman watch
BxHJ48wCMAAGAjf.jpg:large

(kinda fitting, given how much I love the 1990s)

And this silver medallion memorializing Jake, with a mold of his pawprint..

And that's it. Anything beyond this is too much.

And I like that Tiffany's pic. If you take the fire out of the fire pit, it looks like a Mushroom Kingdom warp pipe! #duba-duba-duba

Kater

Banned
All I wear at the moment (in terms of trinkets or jewelry) is a mala, I don't really need anything else on my arms or fingers.

*fingers crossed*

I hope it happens for you guys! All my American friends deserve the right to a happy marriage. :)

HylianTom

Banned
I hope it happens for you guys! All my American friends deserve the right to a happy marriage. :)

*squee!*

I'm torn: go to the courthouse on the day of the ruling - or hang-out at home, enjoy the head-exploding reactions online & on TV, and then go to the courthouse after the craziness dies-down?

Either way, I'm taking a few days off, just to absorb it all. I've been following the Court since 1990 (I was that weird little 5th grader who was listening to NPR on the schoolbus and in homeroom), so seeing it come so far has been mind-blowing.

James Bond wears watches which means you should too

SPECTRE

He also has sex with lots of women. I don't think a good chunk of this thread would be down for that. :p

*squee!*

I'm torn: go to the courthouse on the day of the ruling - or hang-out at home, enjoy the head-exploding reactions online & on TV, and then go to the courthouse after the craziness dies-down?

Either way, I'm taking a few days off, just to absorb it all. I've been following the Court since 1990 (I was that weird little 5th grader who was listening to NPR on the schoolbus and in homeroom), so seeing it come so far has been mind-blowing.

I hope everything works out like it should!

*squee!*

Go down and be a part of history. That's what I say.

HylianTom

Banned
I have this, from Nintendo's old NSider forums:

sage2.jpg

It's a pin.
I never actually wear it though... >.>

Niiice!

Mine's on the side of my ballcap.. :p

I miss those forums. *sniff*

Go down and be a part of history. That's what I say.

That's where I'm leaning (the best reactions will be online and on YouTube, I'm sure). Part of me wants to get dressed-up in our suits, and ride around downtown on the motorbike while Greg waves the rainbow flag. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom