• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Kaiser!! Aww! It's so good to see you too!! How are you doing? <3

Aww shucks.. :') Thank you! You're looking quite amazing as well! :3

Aww.. Wow. Thank you so much for the kind words :) <3

I'm kind of surprised some people remember me, to be honest, since you know, I rarely post. I really appreciate that! And aww, thanks for the compliment, but I gotta say you look amazing in that tux. I didn't know it was possible for you to look cuter.

And I've been doing good. Job hunting and stuff, so hopefully something pops up soon. And before I forget to tell you, when your singing career shoots you to the top don't forget about us! :p

I'm kind of surprised some people remember me, to be honest, since you know, I rarely post. I really appreciate that! And aww, thanks for the compliment, but I gotta say you look amazing in that tux. I didn't know it was possible for you to look cuter.

And I've been doing good. Job hunting and stuff, so hopefully something pops up soon. And before I forget to tell you, when your singing career shoots you to the top don't forget about us! :p

Hahaha of course I remember you!! :) You have nothing to thank me for! :3

Well now I'm just blushing.. haha!! o_o! Thank you so much, though! I wasn't sure if my New Years Eve suit was a good choice or not! <3

Oh nice!! I hope so too! I'll be sending positive vibes over your way :). Have you sent in any applications recently?

Aww. How could I possibly forget?! <3 haha!! Although there's really no telling if my EP is going to do well or not! LOL!! (it releases online in 7 days o___o!!! oh my gawww---) I'm glad to hear that you're still doing well!

Kevyt

You're famous here bae! :3

So don't lurk, come and join the fun :)

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Hahaha of course I remember you!! :) You have nothing to thank me for! :3

Well now I'm just blushing.. haha!! o_o! Thank you so much, though! I wasn't sure if my New Years Eve suit was a good choice or not! <3

Oh nice!! I hope so too! I'll be sending positive vibes over your way :). Have you sent in any applications recently?

Aww. How could I possibly forget?! <3 haha!! Although there's really no telling if my EP is going to do well or not! LOL!! (it releases online in 7 days o___o!!! oh my gawww---) I'm glad to hear that you're still doing well!

Haha, yep you look absolutely stunning in that tux! And yeah, some applications are sent so now it's time to play the waiting game I guess.

You're famous here bae! :3

So don't lurk, come and join the fun :)

Oh man, I'm gonna try to be more active here don't worry, cutie! :3

Ahasverus

So who's going to review Bluebadger's album with me? Who wants to be the Siskel to my Ebert? The Statler to my Waldrof? The Derrick to my Terrisus?

Ahasverus

What does Terrisus have to do with this?
Because they are super harsh critics. I don't know why but I always associate those two in my head. Like they are separated soul twins or something. See that when when Derrick dissapeared, Terri appeared, so, in my mind it goes like

Derrick
MajinBuuEvilTheEvilOfMen01.png

Terri

What does it mean to be golden?

It means he's Ponyboy*.

*Point to those who get the reference

It blows my mind that people can be so fucking stupid like... it's so funny to think that idiots like these use racial slurs but are immediately in tears when someone uses the "f" word. Dumbasses.

Wouldn't surprise me if the ones saying that were closet cases. You know, the ones with wife & kids but fuck guys in secret.

Haha, yep you look absolutely stunning in that tux! And yeah, some applications are sent so now it's time to play the waiting game I guess.

Oh man, I'm gonna try to be more active here don't worry, cutie! :3
Hehe!! Yay!!! <3!

Good luck with the job applications! :3

So who's going to review Bluebadger's album with me? Who wants to be the Siskel to my Ebert? The Statler to my Waldrof? The Derrick to my Terrisus?

... Me, please! :p
Haha Aww.. You guys are sweet :')! I would love to hear your opinions :)!

Don't look at me, I have nothing to do with him :þ
Mhhhm.
It means he's Ponyboy*.

*Point to those who get the reference.

Yaaaaas Outsiders!! Haha!

Vazduh

Thanks for the suggestions! Now I have four books to read, 46 down to go. If anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Any books with LGBT themes that you guys have read or heard about.

You're welcome.

I've got four more LGBT-related book recommendations. These are all graphic novels, and coincidentally, all four were written by lesbians.

Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir (by Nicole J. Georges)

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic (by Alison Bechdel)

Blue Is the Warmest Color (by Julie Maroh)

Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me: A Graphic Memoir (by Ellen Forney)

Haha Aww.. You guys are sweet :')! I would love to hear your opinions :)!

Indeed... SO, Ahasverus Ebert...

Shall we be... Nice and constructive?

... Or... Are we be dicks about it to go get that sweet PULITZER PRIZE FOR REVIEWING?!

... I'm personally gonna go with the former.

So who are the fellow Canadians in this thread? I'm from Manitoba, where it's (surprise!) quite cold right now. What sucks even more is having a class at 8:30 a.m., meaning I have to wake up at 7 a.m. before heading out into the cold. :(

I am not a morning person...

Fucking god damn, I am ready for work today to be over, ugh. Is it leaving time yet? It needs to be leaving time, please. Nope, still another hour. Noooooooo

Berordn

Fucking god damn, I am ready for work today to be over, ugh. Is it leaving time yet? It needs to be leaving time, please. Nope, still another hour. Noooooooo

just do what i did and catch the flu

mm yes this chronic shortness of breath is a great improvement over being at work

HylianTom

Banned
Same feeling here.

I was cranky yesterday, and today I'm effervescent. Went home, slept decently, ate like a pig, hugged it out. I'm feel like a different man. Instead of beelining to bed, I'm staying up late and playing video games.. especially if my big shipment of amiibo show-up with UPS this afternoon. :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Nice! But, what about a boyfriend and candy? That sounds even better, amirite? Unless the guy doesn't like candy... is that even possible?

Nearly everyone I went out with during my OK Cupid stint said, "Oh, I don't like sweets" which, as a baker and pastry cook, is o f f e n s i v e. Thankfully, my now-boyfriend has an even bigger sweettooth than I do and we've always got gummy candy, cookies, and pie around. ;)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Did anyone watch the People's Choice Awards last night?

Did y'all catch my baby daddy Chris Evans looking DAMN fine:

461147312-actor-chris-evans-speaks-onstage-at-the-41st-gettyimages.jpg

tumblr_mojmo0BGxe1ssqxwho1_400.gif

HylianTom

Banned
Nearly everyone I went out with during my OK Cupid stint said, "Oh, I don't like sweets" which, as a baker and pastry cook, is o f f e n s i v e. Thankfully, my now-boyfriend has an even bigger sweettooth than I do and we've always got gummy candy, cookies, and pie around. ;)
Baked goods (along with dairy) are going to be the death of me. And I'm okay with that.

Rayis

Nice! But, what about a boyfriend and candy? That sounds even better, amirite? Unless the guy doesn't like candy...
is that even possible?

A cute boy is a always a nice complement for yummy candy, but the candy takes precedence
also those candy dislikers are heretics if they do exist

Interestingly enough, I'm currently eating gummy bears as well >.>

Hi Terri-kun~ have I told you you're looking mighty cute today ;D

totally not hitting on you cuz you're also eating the candy of the gods and it'd be the perfect relationship

Sibylus

Banned
So who are the fellow Canadians in this thread? I'm from Manitoba, where it's (surprise!) quite cold right now. What sucks even more is having a class at 8:30 a.m., meaning I have to wake up at 7 a.m. before heading out into the cold. :(

I am not a morning person...
Born and raised in BC. Love the pacific northwest.

RM8

I like baked stuff like muffins, cookies, cakes, etc. - but I don't like candy :/

No but really I worship muffins.

terrisus

Hi Terri-kun~ have I told you you're looking mighty cute today ;D

totally not hitting on you cuz you're also eating the candy of the gods and it'd be the perfect relationship

And they're even real "Haribo Gold-Bears"

What can I say - I like candy >.>

just do what i did and catch the flu

mm yes this chronic shortness of breath is a great improvement over being at work
But then I'd be burning PTO AND being miserable. :<

Same feeling here.

I was cranky yesterday, and today I'm effervescent. Went home, slept decently, ate like a pig, hugged it out. I'm feel like a different man. Instead of beelining to bed, I'm staying up late and playing video games.. especially if my big shipment of amiibo show-up with UPS this afternoon. :)
I'm like you from a day ago then, ha. I'm impatient to leave but stressed and grumpy. Today has been a long day of hard work and it's too motherfucking cold outside.

Someone please send coffee and something to cuddle stat.

Cinnabon is my ultimate weakness. Hnnng.
feat_cinnabon40__01__630x420.jpg
Mine too, argh. Right when I'm hungry, you monster.
;p

HylianTom

Banned
I'm like you from a day ago then, ha. I'm impatient to leave but stressed and grumpy. Today has been a long day of hard work and it's too motherfucking cold outside.

Someone please send coffee and something to cuddle stat.
I think coffee is the difference. This morning, I deviated from my usual routine and had half a pot (had to warm-up from that freezing commute). It made me feel all hyper and energetic.

(And nice to see I'm not the only one who likes to hoard PTO..)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I love your avatar picture! Nice cat. Is it a boy or a girl? How old is he/she? Gaf seriously needs a cat OT (or is there one already?)

Aw thanks HippieHobo :)
He's a boy! He's extremely feisty and has no boundaries, I don't think he even believes himself to be a cat. He's almost 9 now, but is still the size of a large kitten. I've thought of making a cat OT many times, but thought it would get locked :( Since I made an animal OT once and got locked like 13 replies in :/

Manitoba? You poor soul. Is it... is it Winterpeg?

*deep sigh* .....yes..... Winterpeg :(

Meicyn

Gold Member
Have you ever been here before? The Seattle area doesn't necessarily have much to offer that other metropolitan places can't, but there are a lot of outdoor thingies to do immediately outside the city areas; I'm only speculating that would be of interest since you're military and health/fitness focused. :eek:
I've actually never lived in a metropolitan area in my life, so I'm ready for something different. I'm not super outdoorsy, but I do like nature a great deal. I like going down rivers by canoe, so there is that. Honestly, I just want to move somewhere that isn't the Bible Belt so I can finally move forward when it comes to starting relationships. I'm not getting any younger, and like I said earlier... the pickings are tragically slim down here.

Washington state seems like it'd be a better fit for me than Lower Alabama Northwest Florida.

I think coffee is the difference. This morning, I deviated from my usual routine and had half a pot (had to warm-up from that freezing commute). It made me feel all hyper and energetic.

(And nice to see I'm not the only one who likes to hoard PTO..)
I, er, had a venti latte this morning, and a Monster at lunch. I don't think it was a lack of caffeine for me, ha.

I may or may not have another energy drink soon, because holy balls I am tired.

Mumei

Aw thanks HippieHobo :)
He's a boy! He's extremely feisty and has no boundaries, I don't think he even believes himself to be a cat. He's almost 9 now, but is still the size of a large kitten. I've thought of making a cat OT many times, but thought it would get locked :( Since I made an animal OT once and got locked like 13 replies in :/

I love animal OTs! And my favorite cat-related thing recently:

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!"

"Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”

- from Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

mantidor

Is it creepy to call someone who blocked you in every social media imaginable because you want to apologize?

What the hell am I asking, of course it is.

garyBig

I, er, had a venti latte this morning, and a Monster at lunch. I don't think it was a lack of caffeine for me, ha.

I may or may not have another energy drink soon, because holy balls I am tired.

"Latte" in German can actually be used to mean "boner". If you awake to a morning erection, that's called a Morgenlatte. Having a latte in the morning can thusly mean a lot of things (at least to German speakers).

Totally random piece of information, just needed to throw it out there.

Achtius

Is it creepy to call someone who blocked you in every social media imaginable because you want to apologize?

What the hell am I asking, of course it is.

the guy you had an argument with? If he is not trying to salvage the friendship, let him be. Unless you actually want to fix it, then call him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom