• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

burgerdog

Almost done with the platinum, just need to synthesize spells and kill about 100 more enemies. I find it interesting how this is the hardest game in the trilogy and it carries the easiest platinum. I should have it before I hit 43 hours and I played it on normal mode.

Almost done with the platinum, just need to synthesize spells and kill about 100 more enemies. I find it interesting how this is the hardest game in the trilogy and it carries the easiest platinum. I should have it before I hit 43 hours and I played it on normal mode.

I didn't even look at the trophy list and did a bunch of stuff that I just assumed needed to be done base off the last two games. .... smart one I am haha.

How many playthroughs to get the platinum?

Just two. And there are no real hard trophy/achievement like the last two.

You don't even have to beat it on hard either....

I just assumed you had to every quest, get every last one, do everything on hard etc... wasn't the case.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, it's easier and less time consuming than XIII-2's Plat.
Should have made a trophy where you fill out the beastiary thing.

burgerdog

Do kills not count when doing death game quest? I've had the kill 300 trophy for a while and I've killed over 200 here and it hasn't popped yet. Unless it resets on new game+ :(

burgerdog

Arggggg I'm over 300 enemies killed since I got the 300 kill trophy and still haven't unlocked hero of legend. Fuck.

edit
Whatever, it just unlocked and got the platinum as well. Weird.

Finally got round to finishing this this morning in time for my copy of FFX HD to arrive. The game was pretty much what I expected; not exactly amazing and with a ridiculous story, but it was alright and I'm glad I got it. After all I needed to see Lightning get her happy ending :p

And God that ending... Extremely stunning to watch but I never expected that last bit... I literally laughed out loud.

Son Of D

If anyone wants a European code for the Yuna dress that comes with FFX/X-2 HD I'm giving mine away since I don't plan on buying this. Quote to reveal.

New garb available from the latest Outerworld challenge.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/outerworld-challenge-3-results-lightning-returns

39c75dfbf6a70f4eddf3cd2c8302de19.png

Congratulations folks, you’ve made enough Outerworld posts to unlock Lightning’s La Fouldre garb to use in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII! The garb is available in game right now, just keep an eye out for an NPC called: @LRFF13. Read their message and you’ll be rewarded with the La Fouldre garb!

It’s not over yet, prepare yourself for our final challenge…

For Challenge #4, you’ll need to reach a total of 400,000 Outerworld posts. The prize? Lightning’s Dark Orchid garb.

7fb6dd413e1b370fdde2390996ad87ab.png

The Dark Orchid garb, which looks a little similar to Midnight Mauve, comes with a handy passive ability, EP Vengeance - which restores EP in relation to the damage received from enemy attacks. Again, this garb is available in Hard Mode but you can get your hands on it early if you manage to complete the Outerworld Challenge!

Having trouble finding the NPCs? Summon them into your game via the Facebook App.

There’s several goodies kicking around in the game too, including the following Adornments attached to official @LRFF13 NPCs:

Afro & Gold Chick (March 18 – March 25)
Message Subject: Discover Enemy Weaknesses

Dark Knight Glasses (March 21 – March 28)
Message Subject: Use your EP Abilities

King's Crown (March 25 – April 1)
Message Subject: Quests, Quests, Quests!

Gold Chocobo Chick (March 28 – April 4)
Message Subject: Try using Guard!

We’ve noticed that a few of you are after the Tonberry, Cactuar and Miniflan adornments from back in February. Well, you’ll be happy to hear that they’re coming back, but we’ll let you know closer to the date.

Thanks a ton :)
Also where do you find the NPC's to redeem the outerworld challenge garbs

They usually just wander around, same as any Outerworld NPC. It can be a bit of a pain to find them but it's best to search in the cities and towns and eventually they should turn up. You can also try using the app to summon them but I've never been able to get that thing to work for the official NPCs.

Can you summon other NPCs using the app?

I believe you can yes. The app has a bunch of pictures scrolling by the screen. Clicking them should give you the option to summon that NPC for the item. I haven't used it much though so I'm not sure if they just spawn next to you or if you have to go hunt them down.

jiggle

i gotta say i didn't hate the game like i thought i would
really enjoyed seeing all the FFXIII characters
this felt like the real sequel to xiii
whenever
xiii-2 reared its ugly head
i'd be SMH
especially the chapter with yeul/caius
i audibly groaned
fuck i thought i was done with these clowns
some of the sidequest vignettes were nice

not a fan of the garbs system
there were way too many of them
too many were useless or uninteresting looking

Holykael1

Banned
i gotta say i didn't hate the game like i thought i would
really enjoyed seeing all the FFXIII characters
this felt like the real sequel to xiii
whenever
xiii-2 reared its ugly head
i'd be SMH
especially the chapter with yeul/caius
i audibly groaned
fuck i thought i was done with these clowns
some of the sidequest vignettes were nice

not a fan of the garbs system
there were way too many of them
too many were useless or uninteresting looking

You are crazy, the best parts of the thirteen trilogy were Noel/Caius.

MrBS

Finally done. MrsBS and I had a great laugh over the ending.
That 'your world' line oh man, you went there Toriyama. I salute you.

Aru

I can't beat the final boss. It's raging. I've tried everything I could thing of, but I can't
stagger him when he hits his 4th form.

I've tried:
- Artemis Arrow
- Tornado and its equivalents
- Standard Attack Level 4

His stagger meter drops instantly and I can't do a long enough combo that would stagger him. Of course changing style mid-combo doesn't work.

So I'm pretty much clueless here.

Holykael1

Banned
I can't beat the final boss. It's raging. I've tried everything I could thing of, but I can't
stagger him when he hits his 4th form.

I've tried:
- Artemis Arrow
- Tornado and its equivalents
- Standard Attack Level 4

His stagger meter drops instantly and I can't do a long enough combo that would stagger him. Of course changing style mid-combo doesn't work.

So I'm pretty much clueless here.

Tornado and it's equivalents are useless.
Spam -RA magic spells with overclock, have a -ra spell in each garb and spam the -ra spells while constantly switching garbs, you can use an attack or light slash to stabilize the stagger bar when you need to guard. Once you stagger him once just spam attacks until he dies, he will remain immobilized for like 1 min so you can go all out to kill him.

Aru

Tornado and it's equivalents are useless.
Spam -RA magic spells with overclock, have a -ra spell in each garb and spam the -ra spells while constantly switching garbs, you can use an attack or light slash to stabilize the stagger bar when you need to guard. Once you stagger him once just spam attacks until he dies, he will remain immobilized for like 1 min so you can go all out to kill him.

Okay I'll try this. Thanks.

If you're going to be spamming spells the most efficient stagger preservation will be ruin (100, 500 *Finale*). And -Ra (40/80) spells are most efficient *range* stagger power spells in the game.

Some physical attacks have the same stagger preservation as ruin, ex: attack, punt etc but it will cost you time with the run animation since you are probably really far away from him with all the -ra spells you've been casting.

So it's better to have -ra spells on like two of the grabs, and ruin on one to keep the stagger bar from dropping while never wasting time having lighting run back and forth. .

Aru

I adapted my strategy, equipment, garbs and skills according to the advice I got from HolyKael1 and RpgN and I made it. I'm a bit ashamed that I couldn't find a way to beat him myself after 5 or 6 tries, but at least I made it, somehow.

The ending was nice.

FFXIII saga was definitely a good trilogy, and each game has its pros and cons but in the end I feel satisfied. Not the best FF saga ever, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The clock on my last save after the credits is amusing: 52 hours 52 minutes and 52 seconds exactly.

_woLf

How do I get this facebook app to work? I said to link with Facebook but it never actually asks me to log into facebook. Do I have to post something to do it..? I don't really want to post screenshots all over my wall.

Zoe

Do you have to fully complete the main quest for one of the areas to get credit towards the tree, or does each part of the quest help?

After beating the game on Normal, hard mode isn't so hard.( i've yet to beat the superbosses though).

I've managed to finish quests I wasn't able to before and I still have some days left.

I finally was able to get the dark knight

BkCOUqvCQAAjJxT.jpg

Shinta

Banned
After beating the game on Normal, hard mode isn't so hard.( i've yet to beat the superbosses though).

I've managed to finish quests I wasn't able to before and I still have some days left.

I finally was able to get the dark knight

BkCOUqvCQAAjJxT.jpg

Nice. I probably won't get to my 2nd run for a while. Finishing up Dark Souls. I'm for sure going to get back to it this summer though.

Fuckin' A man.

The main quest are rather simple, actually all the quest are simple. It's just annoying because you just literally run in circles.

Hard Mode Aernoite in the Chaos Infusion is so much harder than just regular HM aeronoite. lol... fuck I actually had to use an ether for that fight.

Zoe

The main quest are rather simple, actually all the quest are simple. It's just annoying because you just literally run in circles.

Hard Mode Aernoite in the Chaos Infusion is so much harder than just regular HM aeronoite. lol... fuck I actually had to use an ether for that fight.

Well I don't want to finish Dead Dunes cause I want to
keep Fang around
, and I don't think I have enough time (nor the skill) for Wildlands.

Holykael1

Banned
I just picked up the Lightning Returns OST PLUS off iTunes for only $10. Pretty great price. It's 25 tracks. I'm still listening to it all, but here are some of my favorites.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lightning-returns-final-fantasy/id840565314

Death Game (Synthesizer Version)
The Onslaught
A Dying World
Soul Seeds
The Ark (Soundtrack Exclusive Version)

By far my favorite OST PLUS of the 3 games so far.

It's a shame that most of the original tracks from the game are so much better(atleast imo), especially Death Game/Dying World.

Well I don't want to finish Dead Dunes cause I want to
keep Fang around
, and I don't think I have enough time (nor the skill) for Wildlands.

Wildlands is actually 3rd main quest while Dead Dunes is 4th. If you can finish Dead Dunes, you can finish Wildlands.

Just picked this up, I hope the time limiting doesn't put me off, was a little hesitant to pick up because of this but I do enjoy the series.

Just picked this up, I hope the time limiting doesn't put me off, was a little hesitant to pick up because of this but I do enjoy the series.

4 main quest 1 optional quest 66 side quest (you can only do 65 in one play through) can all be done by the 4th day (on first play through). On 2nd and third play through you literally can do 90 % of the quest by 5 am the 2nd day.

You get up to 14 days (13 if you don't do enough side quest)

83 canvas of prayers (basically farming)

Plenty of time.

Zoe

4 main quest 1 optional quest 66 side quest (you can only do 65 in one play through) can all be done by the 4th day (on first play through). On 2nd and third play through you literally can do 90 % of the quest by 5 am the 2nd day.

You get up to 14 days (13 if you don't do enough side quest)

83 canvas of prayers (basically farming)

Plenty of time.

Or you could not follow a guide and play on normal at a regular pace and end up stuck at the 10th day.

Or you could not follow a guide and play on normal at a regular pace and end up stuck at the 10th day.

Well my first play through was without the guide and I did 58 side quest by the end. I also didn't even know about chronostasis until day like 4 or 5 because I was too lazy and didn't read the prompts.

I literally wasted the first 3 to 4 days running in circles. You just have to read the clues in the quest menu.

Holykael1

Banned
Hey folks so I bought FF X HD remaster and it came with the Yuna outfit dlc for Lightning Returns, since I redeemed a code that a previous fellow gaffer posted here, I don't have use for mine. For whoever wants, here is the code. European code btw.

KR6T-K6N9-27TM
-> Unspoil for code.

Hey folks so I bought FF X HD remaster and it came with the Yuna outfit dlc for Lightning Returns, since I redeemed a code that a previous fellow gaffer posted here, I don't have use for mine. For whoever wants, here is the code. European code btw.

KR6T-K6N9-27TM
-> Unspoil for code.

many thks for the code,the garb looks amazing and has good weapons as well.
bets part this is my 7th platinum now. :)
1 of the super boss is house of cards once u figure him out.

Top Bottom