• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IGN: 6.8.

They cite "game-breaking bugs."

But the most damning aspect of Adventure mode, and LittleBigPlanet 3 as a whole, is the number of bugs I encountered while playing it. Across two PlayStation 4 systems, my (already patched) game encountered frequent frame rate stuttering, crashed multiple times and glitched out so I couldn’t respawn after dying. I fell through levels into floaty purgatory twice, and some of the plentiful loading screens became stuck. Twice during a boss chase, my co-op partner and I were left stranded after spawning mid-way through the level, because the level hadn’t reset itself. Again, this is with the zero-day patch installed.

Do my eyes deceive me or do I see a 6.8 from IGN?

IGN has become a bit of a joke though. Reviews for this will be predictable. Just listen to any site's podcasts, especially IGN and you could tell the score even before they played it.

Edit: that said it is strange they are experience that level of bugs when streamers haven't...

sarcoa

My review is live

Digital Chumps 7.0/10

Edit. The game seems to rely heavily on future content, be it store-bought updates or levels from the community. The latter is obviously expected, but LBP3 has like half the developer-made levels of previous games. The levels that are there, while surreal and cool, don't really push any of the game's new mechanics. New characters + tools for Sackboy almost feel ignored. That and the considerable amount of bugs (the most severe of which weren't addressed in today's patch) hurt the experience.

IGN has become a bit of a joke though. Reviews for this will be predictable. Just listen to any site's podcasts, especially IGN and you could tell the score even before they played it.

I thought the joke about IGN was that they slap a 9 on anything better than Big Rigs Over the Road Racing?

Anywho, I'll be picking up this game sooner or later. But I wouldn't start discrediting a low review until we can see the entire spread. Then we can start bashing and enter a state of cognitive dissonance :)

baconcow

Damn. Was hoping for higher. In the end, it is just a game developed with the PS3's capabilities as the upper limit. Still wanting to play it. Hurry up, Best Buy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
not really but ok. ill wait to play it before I deem it a disappointment

i personally have been disappointed, but from just standpoint of reviews is objectively been a disappointment. I've loved what I've played of lbp3, and I'll still let myself form my own opinions, however this is easily going to be the worst reviewed lbp.

dcelw540

lol that ign review has game breaking bugs but doesn't play the day one patch version -_- this why reviews before release date is terrible

i personally have been disappointed, but from just standpoint of reviews is objectively been a disappointment. I've loved what I've played of lbp3, and I'll still let myself form my own opinions, however this is easily going to be the worst reviewed lbp.

After Killzone SF and Driveclub reviews, I've learned to take ps4 1st party reviews lightly. Both are great games

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
After Killzone SF and Driveclub reviews, I've learned to take ps4 1st party reviews lightly. Both are great games

opinions and all that stuff kzsf was a major disappointment for my friends and i, and driveclub was an absolute disaster.

edit- my personal score for kz woild be 5.5 or so. i personally thought knack was much better.

Especially when the bug$ they encountered in LBP3 were very common in AC: Unity.

Well the difference is one game they didn't want to play, and the other they really wanted to like. Which is why people shouldn't get so down about reviews. I have yet to listen to one podcast where people were excited for a new LBP, but for whatever reasons were for Unity.

baconcow

God damnit, too late to cancel pre-order. I really don't have time for a buggy game.

This is why it is always safest to pre-order from a place that accepts returns without cost.

Well the difference is one game they didn't want to play, and the other they really wanted to like. Which is why people shouldn't get so down about reviews. I have yet to listen to one podcast where people were excited for a new LBP, but for whatever reasons were for Unity.

Sounds feasible. We need first part PS4-only games.

opinions and all that stuff kzsf was a major disappointment for my friends and i, and driveclub was an absolute disaster.

Driveclub was only a disaster because of the server issue and reviewers reviewed it before the issue was present. Mechanically it's the best racer to come out in years.

I'd personally give KZSF a 8.5-9 score. Only FPS ive had as much fun with it Halo MCC and Wolfenstein

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
IGN: 6.8.

They cite "game-breaking bugs."

But the most damning aspect of Adventure mode, and LittleBigPlanet 3 as a whole, is the number of bugs I encountered while playing it. Across two PlayStation 4 systems, my (already patched) game encountered frequent frame rate stuttering, crashed multiple times and glitched out so I couldn’t respawn after dying. I fell through levels into floaty purgatory twice, and some of the plentiful loading screens became stuck. Twice during a boss chase, my co-op partner and I were left stranded after spawning mid-way through the level, because the level hadn’t reset itself. Again, this is with the zero-day patch installed.

Damn, did Ubisoft consult on this or something?

It's not that buggy, the IGN review was from old code that has since been patched.
Why do developers do this to themselves??? I'm sure lbp3 is a great game and I'll still be getting it tomorrow but why would u send out your game to review if you KNOW there are problems that you will address with a patch later on???? Why?? Reviewers will ALWAYS base their opinions on what they have on hand.

shink

Oh dear. Might be the lowest rated of the series. Looks great though, waiting patiently for the EU release.

Top Bottom