• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Do sites typically adjust their scores if day one patches fix these glitches?
Did the other (very positive) reviews not have these glitches?

So I'm playing and I don't have the popit freezing, patch 1.02

Strange. I had 1.01 this afternoon and I had popit freezing and in the evening I got 1.02 and I still have popit freezing. Consider yourself lucky I guess. Disc version for what it's worth.

Edit: Maybe it's only disc versions affected.

GnawtyDog

Banned
It's always nice to see consistency between reviews at IGN. Not that they should increase the score based on the bugs but there have been certain games were the joke is on them. I'm going to love the reviews come the Order 1886. The media never ceases to amuse me.

That review read much better than a 7/10, aside from this bit:

Little Big Planet 3 has a lot going for it--including another magnificently crafted soundtrack--but is plagued by crippling bugs. I repeatedly fell through set pieces or failed to respawn, and twice respawned into a side-scrolling level behind a boss and had to restart, losing all progress. These bugs hindered progression and made playing through levels requiring more precision a nightmare. They were present at various points throughout my entire playthrough, and while they weren't occurring every other level, they were common enough that I was annoyed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean plenty of other sites have posted 7s so 6.8 isn't far off. That campaign length is very troubling and the lack of integration of new characters and features sounds horribly disappointing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yikes, pretty significant gltches. Those need to get ironed out asap.

geez no game is safe this generation.
Yeah, I'm not one to get hung up on whether it deserves a 6.8 or a 9 or whatever, but full on game crashes are not a small issue.

I mean plenty of other sites have posted 7s so 6.8 isn't far off. That campaign length is very troubling and the lack of integration of new characters and features sounds horribly disappointing.

Because the series has always been known for its campaign?

Reviews read like a 9/10 games outside the bugs

I've played a few hours and the only bug I've encountered is the 2 second popit freeze/delay. I guess they show up later in the campaign?

The Lamp

I don't think I've seen a game this heavily penalized by the media for bugs in a long time (except for Sonic Boom, but that game isn't just buggy, it sucks).

aro52

I've played a few hours and the only bug I've encountered is the 2 second popit freeze/delay. I guess they show up later in the campaign?

2 seconds? 3 times now trying to get through the tutorial and opening the Popit Menu locks up the whole system for good.

Sounds like people hate the game :(. This is killing me.

what? the game is getting good reviews and reviews are saying it has a great single player campaign. thats what matters when they get the game day 1. UGC will keep us covered for the future.

the only complaints so far have been the bugs and few levels like the E3 demo where all 4 different characters can play together.

its sitting at 80 on metacritic too. how is that hating on the game?

cheat code central review

4.5/5

LittleBigPlanet 3 is by far the best in the series. It is the breath of fresh air the franchise needed going into the next-gen cycle. I can’t say that all future installments will feel this fresh and alive moving forward, but I can say I am glad this is where the franchise is at the moment. LittleBigPlanet 3 is more than a sequel, it is a reimagining of what the series can be, and in the end this is what LBP is all about.

fernoca

I don't think I've seen a game this heavily penalized by the media for bugs in a long time (except for Sonic Boom, but that game isn't just buggy, it sucks).
Assassin's Creed Unity, last week. Game's still awesome and my favorite since ACII.

Guess I'll enjoy LBP3. Unless the game deletes my saved data (like Battlefield 4) or the slowdown and bugs hinders the experience, I don't mind. In Unity's case I haven't encountered any problems...yet. Will see with LBP3.

Canon

Banned
what? the game is getting good reviews and reviews are saying it has a great single player campaign. thats what matters when they get the game day 1. UGC will keep us covered for the future.

the only complaints so far have been the bugs and few levels like the E3 demo where all 4 different characters can play together.

its sitting at 80 on metacritic too. how is that hating on the game?
Metroid: Other M is almost at 80 on Metacritic.

I like that game though, but it's still a game people hate on.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Because the series has always been known for its campaign?

Reviews read like a 9/10 games outside the bugs

Alright captain defense force. The lbp 1, 2, and vita campaign were pretty great and really showcased the new features in every iteration. From reviews it sounds like the new characters and features are barely used. Some people, including myself, do actually buy this for the campaign. I love community levels but the dev levels generally are a few steps above. The reviews make the campaign sound like an afterthought.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Alright captain defense force. The lbp 1, 2, and vita campaign were pretty great and really showcased the new features in every iteration. From reviews it sounds like the new characters and features are barely used. Some people, including myself, do actually buy this for the campaign. I love community levels but the dev levels generally are a few steps above. The reviews make the campaign sound like an afterthought.

Not what I've read. You can point us to those quotes that reflect that thinking no? I assume several given review(s) in plural.

Just playing a hunch here - but can anyone NOT seeing the popit freeze check their game title and see if it says

LittleBigPlanet 3 (US)

or just

LittleBigPlanet 3

See below:

ibyzEkAioVbm9s.jpg

Top Bottom