• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting |OT| Start Your Cerebral Engines

RagnarokX

9FGbI.jpg

41Dlb.png

LittleBigPlanet finally enters the third dimension! Play through a complete single-player campaign and online multiplayer, create your own custom tracks, battle arenas, karts, costumes, or whatever else you can think of, and share them with the world!

Players:
Up to 4 players splitscreen.
8 players online.

Release Dates:
NA November 6, 2012
EU November 7, 2012
UK November 9, 2012

Preorder bonuses:
z804a.jpg

Gamestop: Kevin Butler costume and kart, UFG costume and kart, Headstart pack.

odB4O.png

LittleBigPlanet Karting Story Trailer

A new menace threatens Craftworld! The greedy Hoard has arrived on their motorized machines, snatched away Craftworld's prizes and refuses to share! Borrowing a crashed kart from an incapacitated Hoardling, Sackboy races (literally) to save the imagisphere!

Q4dDN.png

Trailers:
Announcement Trailer
E3 Trailer
Summer Sports Trailer
Gamescom Trailer
Halloween Trailer

Screenshots:

No hype for this game at all, I hope it does good. Looking forward to it, loved the beta despite the technical problems.

I love me some karting but I just can't get hyped for this especially with PSASBR overshadowing it. Definately gonna pick it up later for cheap if its any good.

Atolm

Hopefully the technical problems from the beta have been solved. I'd like to buy this along with Sonic ASRT, but they'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Xater

No hype for this game at all, I hope it does good. Looking forward to it, loved the beta despite the technical problems.

I was reminded of this games existence by a joke Twitter account. This is going to bomb hard. If it's good maybe I can pick it up fro under 20€ early next year.

Abylim

Get hyyyype!

Preordered this, picking up day one. I'm trying not to overhype it, but I loved modnation, but hated the loading. If this is as good as modnation, but decent load times i'll be happy!

Sintoid

After 2 Modnation delusions (and one Road Trip avoided like pest) I'm not buying it until someone tells me that framerate and load times are not ugly as in the past United Front games. Too bad because i quite enjoyed the beta...

Do we know if they have addressed the load times? I think that was probably the gut reaction of everyone when they first heard about this game - "Could be great, but in the name of all that is holy fix the load times!"

Tizoc

Getting it along with Sonic Transformed and Epic Mickey 2 when those get released.
Does the game support the You Only Pay Once concept? If I get the PS3 ver., I'll get a code for the Vita ver.
Or is there no Vita release for this game?

RagnarokX

Getting it along with Sonic Transformed and Epic Mickey 2 when those get released.
Does the game support the You Only Pay Once concept? If I get the PS3 ver., I'll get a code for the Vita ver.
Or is there no Vita release for this game?

No Vita version.

Totally forgot this was coming out this month.

I love me some LBP and the game looks genuinely fun. i'm glad there is a battle mode this time around.

Will pick this up down the line.

You know, every racing game (by the very least exclusive wise) should at least be 60fps at standard especiall with "karts". BTW, is Mario Kart on the 3DS 60fps? Yes, yes it is. I've heard this game is half that frame-rate. BOOOOOO!

seady

Sony really confuses people with this and ModNation Racers.

Not really sure what they want to do with their IP.

RagnarokX

Do we know if they have addressed the load times? I think that was probably the gut reaction of everyone when they first heard about this game - "Could be great, but in the name of all that is holy fix the load times!"

It's not really comparable to MNR because loading levels is handled LBP style. That said, during the beta the load times felt faster than both MNR and LBP. Starting the game doesn't take 5 minutes.

Sony really confuses people with this and ModNation Racers.

Not really sure what they want to do with their IP.

Sony kinda got stuck with a catch 22. People whine all the time because devs don't make enough new IPs. Sony made a new IP with Modnation and people whined and refused to play it because it didn't use LBP. So this time they use LBP, and now they got MNR fans who feel betrayed because it's not MNR and LBP fans who are upset because the controls share a few similarities to MNR. Seriously, the crying over MNR stuff from LBP people on the beta forums was beyond petty.

RagnarokX

Can't watch YT ATM, but how's the game loading based on those vids?

About the same as during the beta. It takes about 30 seconds from the time he picks the 3rd level until he's in the level. Level starts with a cutscene, unlike player-made levels.

No Vita version.

...yet.

"[The Vita]'s a logical place for it to end up but there's nothing set in stone yet. ...
Honestly, we're heads down and focused on [the PS3 submission] right now, but like I said there are just so many more places for it to be and it would be great to see it on a handheld, so we'll just have to wait and see.'

Hopefully it's not similar to Gearbox and Borderlands, where they'd have no problems with releasing the game on the Vita but don't want to do any of the actual work.

In any case, very excited to pick this up tomorrow. I really enjoyed the beta, and it's one of the few times my wife has ever expressed interest in playing anything.

Carl

Looking forward to buying this one :) no money right now though, unfortunately. One for the christmas list

RagnarokX

...yet.

Hopefully it's not similar to Gearbox and Borderlands, where they'd have no problems with releasing the game on the Vita but don't want to do any of the actual work.

In any case, very excited to pick this up tomorrow. I really enjoyed the beta, and it's one of the few times my wife has ever expressed interest in playing anything.

Very similar to "We might add online to Modnation Racers: Road Trip."

Torgo

Yeah, embargo lifts tomorrow (pretty early if I remember correctly, I don't have the sheet in front of me.). The problem is that online won't work until later today, so I'll be pounding on that all night.

One note, since I know it's everyone's point of contention. Load times are roughly 18 seconds from hitting 'X' to starting the race in Single Player.

I'm a huge LBP fan and somewhat enjoyed MNR, even Road Trip

Judging from that video it looks pretty bad, handling seems bad (they even use floating cars ffs!). Track design seems little overcrowded on background details instead of actual interesting things on track. Finally, the artstyle is even more derivative than the one found on LBP2. I whish they would go back to the more crafty style of LBP1.

I'd love to see sackboy more prominently featured, but not like this. This deserves to be a bomba.

RagnarokX

I'm a huge LBP fan and somewhat enjoyed MNR, even Road Trip

Judging from that video it looks pretty bad, handling seems bad (they even use floating cars ffs!). Track design seems little overcrowded on background details instead of actual interesting things on track. Finally, the artstyle is even more derivative than the one found on LBP2. I whish they would go back to the more crafty style of LBP1.

I'd love to see sackboy more prominently featured, but not like this. This deserves to be a bomba.
User creations are going to be awesome.

My track from the beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj3zkzjR2c
Every lap parts of the track crumble away and fall into the lava.

I don't like the overly crafty look, it creates an artistic bottleneck. The game should still retain the craft look for people that want to make levels that look like they were made out of stuff pulled out of a waste bin, but people that want to make more realistic worlds or their own artstyle shouldn't be left out. If you want a level to look like it was made out of cardboard, it's still more than possible. It's harder to not make it look like cardboard.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Yea this should have came out when MNR did. It would have sold better, and It would've strengthened the brand.

HardRojo

I had no idea this game was about to come out, then again, releasing it in the same week as Halo was probably not the brightest idea... Not that I'm interested in Halo but I was just pointing out how poor the advertising for this game has been I think.

zroid

Banned
Nice OP. Hard for me to get excited about this since MK7 made me realize I'm kind of over kart racers (except in local multiplayer, which is always good fun).

From what little I played, none of my concerns were eased either. :(

Top Bottom